[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is 4chan(/pol/) for immature people?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: cancer.jpg (10 KB, 279x181) Image search: [Google]
cancer.jpg
10 KB, 279x181
I was browsing /pol/ in class the other day, and this really ugly frog of a girl from my class approached me. She started roasting me, calling me immature and nasty for using 4 chan. Of course I ignored her existing (as everyone in my class does) but it made think - is 4chan a place for immature people? (pic not related)
>>
>>72210959
Yes
>>
>>72210991
;_;
>>
>>72210959
Yes now fuck off for listening to a woman.
>>
>>72210959
Caring about whether you're immature or not is pretty immature, OP.
>>
>>72210959
> giving merit to a grills opinion

You are immature, she is right about that. Faggot.
>>
File: 1458173184548.jpg (74 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1458173184548.jpg
74 KB, 640x480
Funny, that's the same thing my friend said before leaving fochan forever back in 2010.
Of course he's quite literally a faggot who was a furry at the time and now is a committed brony who has done fuck all with his life, but at least he's not immature.
>>
>>72210959
4chan is for everyone.
This post is immature, though
>>
>>72210959
Underage.

Also, everyone comes here.
>>
>>72210959

/b/ is of course but lots of other boards aren't. /pol/ is quickly becoming /b/ 2.0 especially with shit threads like this OP.
>>
>>72211088
Something along these lines.
>>
Maturity is for people who dont worship a 50 year old high secondary school boy named jeremy clarkson. He is both proof of, and entertainment for the population of ubermensches that transcend the concept of maturity.
Ppl who dont worship him are shit eating chimpanzees
>>
>>72210959
Hardly, I come here to make the night shift more interesting
>>
>>72210959
She is probably the roastie, Anon. And she's upset that /pol/ has opinions beyond her control, rather beyond the control of the professors she's been fucking to get through school. So there you go, she has a guilty conscious and has decided to take it out on you. Now go make money.
>>
If this was /lit/ a C.S. Lewis quote would have been your first reply. I'm on my phone, would anyone do me the favor of grabbing it?
>>
>>72211374
Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
>>
>>72211297
this, i come here mostly to pass time at work
>>
>>72210959
Why does it matter?

You can be immature and still have discussion.

You can be immature and have something important to say.

History is loaded with genius's and visionaries that are worshipped to this very day that, in modern times, would be considered "immature".

So, who cares?
>>
>>72210959

Just as mature as someone whoring themselves out for likes or cool points on Reddit I guess.
>>
Well, yes. A ton of the posters are teenagers and twenty somethings.

I would also say 4chan is nasty.

So I think you could make a case for saying browsing 4chan is immature and nasty but I don't care. Immature Nasty people are the only ones that make any sense.
>>
>>72210959

I think a lot of people here are literally highschoolers, if you talk to enough people off of here or people who go there everyone admits to being underage or started posting when they were underage, which explains A LOT.
>>
"Man's maturity: to have regained the seriousness that he had as a child at play."

Freddy Neet-cha
>>
>>72211782
I started when I was 17, I'm nearly 25 now. I've got to think there are a lot of quiet underage B& here.
>>
>>72210959
People who don't know anything about 4chan beyond what the media tells them (evil, hackers, ruined lives) believe it's for immature people and idiots.

In reality I found that there are surprisingly many surprisingly intelligent people here. So I choose to believe that /b/ is just an outlet for intelligent people playing dumb. And /b/ is pretty much the face of 4chan to the outside world, because no outsider ever bothered to visit /g/ or any other themed board.
>>
>>72211121

What am I looking at?
>>
I stop in hear to read what's going on, but after around 20 minutes of reading /pol/ I feel dumber.

This place feels like going to a trailer trash park and listening to what people have to say. At first it seems ok, but then you hear all the blatant racism, sexism, fear, double think, and overall just plain lack of education in the discussions and it makes you realize you're listening to a bunch of idiots. Then you call them out and ask something like "Uh...global warming is real." and they all look at you like you were the dumbest person on earth.
>>
>>72212365
Well, where's your evidence? Don't tell me you believe that meta analysis that states that 90 procent of researchers agree?
>>
File: 1459009992331.jpg (54 KB, 720x461) Image search: [Google]
1459009992331.jpg
54 KB, 720x461
>>72210959
shes probably a tumblrina. Why do you even care?
>>
>>72212602
No researcher shit. Just come in here and start reading posts and feel dumber.
>>
File: 1461638055395.jpg (43 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1461638055395.jpg
43 KB, 604x604
I can no longer indentify when I'm being serious and not serious.

I'm pretty sure I have ascended
>>
>>72212365
>hear
here.
>global warming is real
yeah, the warming up after the last ice age 15,000 years ago never actually stopped happening.

Holy fuck man, you're a complete retard.
This was the dumbest shit I've read on /pol/ in the past week. Congratulations.
>>
>>72213080
Meh, knew immediately you were trolling. 2/10
>>
>>72210959
Depends how many layers of irony your are behind

im behind 3 right now

come at me faggets
>>
this board is composed of 95% under aged memers who think they know everything about the world because they read it and 5% shitposters who actually know that this place is shit
>>
>>72210959
>31 replies
>OP posts once

When will idiots stop falling for troll threads
>>
>>72210959
That's not how maturity works, bud.
>>
>>72213214
The fact you thought that was a troll means you're even dumber than you will ever know.

you don't know what a carbon tax is.
you don't know that one private jet flight by obama releases more co2 than a years worth of driving your car.
you don't know that china is the main contributor to any of this shit in the atmosphere and won't give a fuck about any laws you want passed to "save the planet"

You want to save the earth from global warming?
Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>72211297
Graveyard fag here too. In the last half-hour of my shift atm.
>>
>>72210959
>She started roasting me, calling me immature and nasty for using 4 chan

You should have told her that she's the one making a scene in a public place over an internet imageboard, not you.
>>
>>72213556
Sorry troll, it's too obvious.
>>
I only started coming here after your foot soldiers shot up that Minneapolis BLM protest, so I don't have much history to go on, but my few encounters here suggest that the commentary / dialogue here has very little social value.

"Immature" is certainly one of the words I'd use - but not to describe the age of contributors, just the ideas expressed.
>>
>>72213776
aw fuck, you just trolled me didn't you.
god damn it.
>>
>>72213293
>3 levels of irony
>not being in double digits

[YOU MUST BE BEHIND AT LEAST 12 LAYERS OF IRONY TO READ THIS POST]
>>
>>72210959
It's a dialectic Valhalla where you can polish your skills against all sorts of fallacies, shitposting and every now and then genuine arguments.
>>
It is because idiots like OP make this kind of threads.
Enlighten me please, how is this related to "politics"?
>>
>>72213991
what does this post say?

I cant read it
>>
>>72214106
some paragraph about how aussys are cheeky cunts
you wouldn't understand
>>
>>72213890
Nope, I don't think anyone who has internet could possibly be dumb enough to deny global warming.
>>
4chan is a place where you don't have to feed into social norms, political correctness or be a sjw. If you want faked maturity go to reddit where the most retarded people alive spout the opinions they think others want to hear for le upboats. 4chan is a unique community in the fact that we are anonymous and can say how we actually feel rather than hiding behind a username and a following.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.