[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can creationists doubt evolution
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 7266618.jpg (62 KB, 543x326) Image search: [Google]
7266618.jpg
62 KB, 543x326
When we've got objective proof that other species of humans actually existed?
>>
Satan placed them to fool us t average burger
>>
Maybe because they're strawmen you keep arguing against that haven't existed since 1998.
>>
>>72210160

Homo Florensis manlets just couldnt compete with the alphas.
>>
Satan and his minions could just fabricate the evidence for it and the faith people put into could make it seem more real.
>>
>>72210258
Seems to be a pretty common trend.

>The earth is flat
No it's not.
>Haha, that's what we meant the whole time!

So much backpedaling.
>>
>>72210160
because they avoid it. I mentioned to a girl (from some religious sect) the term neanderthal, and she had no idea what that was. there was no point trying to explain as what I said went against her belief

people dont want to be disproven, because that implies that what they were taught does not exist. as long as there are impressionable humans, religion will always be around. telling people they are dumb for practicing a religion is not working though. its better to ask rhetorical questions to them

like: what about the mayans, that killed and butchered and never got to experience christianity, do they go to hell for being born at the wrong place at the wrong time? there is no logical explanation to this other than some seriously grasping at straws.

and if you convince certain people that christianity is false and weak, they will turn to the alternative nobody dares question.. and we all know what that is
>>
>>72210160
What would a human skull look like after living 700 years?
>>
Because without a thorough scientific backing you're still going off of faith, technically.
Not saying I agree with them, but that's probably their best argument.
>>
>>72210160
Religious guy here. It's mainly American prots, blacks and Muslims who deny evolution.

From my experience, usually it's because:

1) evolution has not been explained properly
2) atheists have tried to hijack evolution as atheism only or ANYTHING to do with going against religion or God, which is retarded
>>
>>72211024
>atheists have tried to hijack evolution as atheism only or ANYTHING to do with going against religion or God, which is retarded

In fairness the church refused to acknowledge evolution until recently and that was mostly owing to the discovery of those skulls. Once that happened, they backpedaled and went with intelligent design instead and brushed everything else under the carpet as though they'd been backing it the whole time.
>>
>>72211246
Eh, not really. Some have been more accepting. This is one of the issues with having no central authority, though, sadly.

Not to mention they didn't have as the internet and so on, so ideas took longer to spread.

Plus, the Church never really issued a stance on it.

I know a few people who're significantly older -- they say that the kids tended to accept it far easier. Something happened in the last 50 years in terms of education, I guess.
>>
>>72211024
>evolution has not been explained properly
This

>atheists have tried to hijack evolution as atheism only or ANYTHING to do with going against religion or God, which is retarded
I became atheist because of evolution, but that's only due to the randomness or linear path thing.
The pressence of a deity that actually has most relationship with humans would make more possible the "linear path" posture, as he would have been guided it to something. On the other hand evolution isn't always that straightforward and making hierarchies out of it can result in error (is a mammal superior to a bivalve because is more complex or the other way around because they managed to fill a niche and stay in there way longer than us).
Anyway, is not like it's more than nitpicking. Believing that God guided somehow evolution by altering thousands of factors to result in humans would be an understandable point of view for a religious person, hell even if he just created the universe and then left things go on it's way.
>>
>>72210160
Atheism was a mistake

People who follow the bible word for word are more respectable and logically consistent than the moderates, who just swallow everything that could possibly help them fit in with as many people as possible
>>
File: 1443133287249.png (367 KB, 676x372) Image search: [Google]
1443133287249.png
367 KB, 676x372
how can they doubt it when erectus walks among us?
>>
>>72211903
>Implying

They create great works of art and music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBIubgsfK8E
>>
>>72211805
>The pressence of a deity that actually has most relationship with humans would make more possible the "linear path" posture, as he would have been guided it to something.
Not necessarily. That's human projecting.

> On the other hand evolution isn't always that straightforward and making hierarchies out of it can result in error (is a mammal superior to a bivalve because is more complex or the other way around because they managed to fill a niche and stay in there way longer than us).
Yeah; I get annoyed when I hear people say shit like "more evolved" or "devolve".

>Anyway, is not like it's more than nitpicking. Believing that God guided somehow evolution by altering thousands of factors to result in humans would be an understandable point of view for a religious person,
Yeah, that's one option. I've heard others, too.

>hell even if he just created the universe and then left things go on it's way.
Good ole Deism.

>>72211926
Every fucking time I hear it, I laugh at that guy. Is he even saying anything in an aboriginal language or is he just hitting the sticks and muttering to himself about playing music with a trannie?
>>
Reminder that Theists who deny Evolution are retards.

Reminder that Atheists who think Evolution somehow invalidates Christianity are retarded.

>b-b-b-but muh Genesis!

If you're so smart then who measured Days without a calender? Yeah I thought so. Both sides are ignorant cunts.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.