[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ireland in the EU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: irish flag.jpg (5 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
irish flag.jpg
5 KB, 300x168
I hate europe cause ive met so many europeans who shit all over my country yet apparently it can't be so bad because they choose to stay here.

question though, why did the irish join the eu?
the irish ive met brag about how nationalist the irish are and how much they hate england yet they have joined a union of many countries that includes the uk.

what gives?
>>
>>72187459
>question though, why did the irish join the eu?

It wasn't called the EU back then
>>
iirc they originally voted against it then were told to vote again
>>
The UK hates the EU, why not support something the UK hates? Enemy's enemy kinda thing
>>
>>72189125
kek, so they backed down like little bitches?
thats a sharp contrast to this fightin' irish image those irish fags at my work try to push
>>
>>72189224
but isn't the uk in the eu?
>>
Because money
>>
Not for long, they won't be. And they're not in the Eurozone
>>
>>72189361
I meant to tag you
>>
A small country like Ireland only stands to gain monetarily joining the EU, until greece fucked everything over lol, why wouldn't they join?
>>
File: winrar.jpg (18 KB, 300x273) Image search: [Google]
winrar.jpg
18 KB, 300x273
>>72187459
>>
>>72187459
>the irish ive met brag about how nationalist the irish are and how much they hate england yet they have joined a union of many countries that includes the uk.

I don't know any Irish who would openly say they hate English people in a serious manner in the current year. Ireland joined the European Economic Community because England joined it. Before the 70s Ireland was still very much linked economically with the UK and our currency was linked to the pound sterling. Joining things like the European Monetary System actually broke much of our dependency on the UK if that makes sense.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.