[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
48 Laws of Power
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: power.jpg (18 KB, 355x500) Image search: [Google]
power.jpg
18 KB, 355x500
Is the 48 Laws of Power /pol/ approved? It was recommended by some anons. Are there any red pilled self help books?

Upon reading the introduction, it seems like a rather cynical outlook on the world.
>>
It's a good read. Lots of based historical figures cited.
>>
>>72168839
(Jew)
>>
>>72169687
well, a jew would know how to keep power
>>
Written as a joke to make people feel like they had a reference document to play games with people smarter than them.

Avoid
>>
I'm going through it right now. I'm about halfway and so far it is great, I really recommend it.
>>
>

The 48 Laws of Power has been reported to be much requested in American prison libraries,[5][20] and is studied as a first year text in two US colleges.[21][22] Former drug dealer Curtis Jackson (now better known as rapper 50 Cent) stated that he related to the book "immediately," and approached Greene with the prospect of a potential collaboration, which would later become The 50th Law, another New York Times bestseller.[16] Busta Rhymes used The 48 Laws of Power to deal with problematic movie producers.[8] DJ Premier has a tattoo inspired from Law #5, "Reputation is the cornerstone of power", on his arm[6] and DJ Calvin Harris has an "Enter with boldness" arm tattoo based on Law #28.[23] The 48 Laws of Power has also been mentioned in songs by UGK, Jay Z, Kanye West, and Drake.[6][24][25] [26] Dov Charney, founder and former CEO of American Apparel, frequently quoted the laws during board meetings, has given friends and employees copies of the book, and appointed Greene to the board of American Apparel.[4] Former Cuban President Fidel Castro is also claimed by the book's author to have read the book.[4]
>>
File: umaru-tablet.jpg (38 KB, 1024x571) Image search: [Google]
umaru-tablet.jpg
38 KB, 1024x571
>>72169542
>>72170241
Thanks.

>>72170172
It does seem dangerous to actually play, but, I'm not sure I plan on really using it. It just seems like an interesting topic.

Thumbing through the table of contents, a few things seem very legit though. The first one of "Never Outshine Your Master" is a very good strategy, for example.
>>
>>72170841
>Dov Charney, founder and former CEO of American Apparel, frequently quoted the laws during board meetings, has given friends and employees copies of the book, and appointed Greene to the board of American Apparel.
I'm aware of this one. Dov's chief marketer was Ryan Holiday. Ryan Holiday is Robert Greene's publicist. That's the link there.
>>
>>72168839
Good information and strategies. However, take everything with a grain of salt and realize that there is no magic solution to gaining power. You have to realize that people are not going to be smart enough to even follow your lead and that there are sometimes more manipulative people than you who will make it their priority to mess with you once they detect you are playing a game they are much better at playing.
>>
>>72168839

>it seems like a rather cynical outlook on the world.

Its just a bunch of stories bro, used to make points and explain a concept.

It portrayed the Rothchilds in a favorable light at the same time as talking about how the source of their power was literally incest, and being sneaky jews who hid their money from the country they were in, and how they spread throughout the countries maintaining a loyalty to zionism, and not the host country.

So that wasnt really cool, but its a tool, not an opinions piece.
>>
File: 1461593889707.jpg (150 KB, 1490x1490) Image search: [Google]
1461593889707.jpg
150 KB, 1490x1490
>>72168839
Too Redpill for these kuks

t. Nehiyaw patriot
>>
File: howtofailandstillwinbig.png (71 KB, 715x1080) Image search: [Google]
howtofailandstillwinbig.png
71 KB, 715x1080
>>72170172

I have two suggestions;

'How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big 'by Scott Adams. It is a semi-autobiography and self help book combined. It explains how he developed systems to get ahead in life and how this can help people get ahead in life.

Scott Adams is the creator of the comic Dilbert, he is also famous for predicting Donald Trump as becoming President when everyone else saw him as a joke. Adams uses his system theory to point out that Trump is a master persuader who can dominate the election cycle.

The other book is 'So Good They Can't Ignore You' by Cal Newport. Which is another book about systems and why you should avoid following your passion if you want to be successful.

Both books are extremely Red Pilled and will probably fuck over your world view if you think people are nice and rational.
>>
>>72172892
Thanks anon, these sound very interesting.
>>
File: 1452151059344.jpg (111 KB, 364x568) Image search: [Google]
1452151059344.jpg
111 KB, 364x568
>>72169687
>Not learning all you can from your enemy
Shiggy, it's like you've never read Mein Kampf or anything

>>72172575
Afraid this is it.
>>
>>72170172

He addresses this at the beginning of the book...
>>
>>72171228
Which brings us to "Trust Me, I'm Lying" by Ryan Holliday. A great primer on how to use the internet and SJWs to do your advertising for free.
>>
>>72174471
Yeah, I read that one. It was alright. Good for a skim. It gets really repetitive.
>>
>>72168839
i have that book. it was interesting but it is really just cheap pop literature. nothing profound. i do remember "any reputation is better than no reputation at all" that stuck for some reason.
>>
He plays up the "evil cynical" stuff to sell books I imagine. I enjoyed it, but it's literally just The Prince with more recent stories.
>>
>>72174687

I feel like he could have streamlined the book quite a bit. Most of the rules are re-hashings of previous rules.
>>
>>72174632
It finally explained how Tucker Max was able to get so much attention so fast. When it was actually happening it seemed so weird that feminists were so outraged over things so many other had said with very little attention. The story in the book clarified it for me so it was personally enjoyable. Plus now I know when some 'accidentally' posts the space shuttle exploding in place of fireworks that it isn't actually a mistake but a deliberate attempt at free press.
>>
>>72175137
Yeah, it made me much more aware of the shills and plants on the 'net. I thought him planting news stories on Dredge Report was interesting. Basically putting a story on a bullshit news site, then using that to get bigger news stories to pick up the story with that as a source.
>>
>>72175672
>news stories
news outlets*
>>
>>72175710
>news outlets*
news aggregates**
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.