[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Risks of harm from spanking confirmed by analysis of 5 decades
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: mother-spanking-daughter.jpg (31 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
mother-spanking-daughter.jpg
31 KB, 500x334
>The more children are spanked, the more likely they are to defy their parents and to experience increased anti-social behavior, aggression, mental health problems and cognitive difficulties, according to a new meta-analysis of 50 years of research on spanking.

What does /pol/ think about spanking as a form of punishment?

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/04/160425143106.htm
>>
>>72161280
If you cant control your children without resorting to violence you are a shit parent and dont deserve to have children. This study just proves the kind of harm it causes.

I was spanked as a child and i turned into a tranny. Do you want that to happen to your children?
>>
seems to me the exact opposite happened, as people became more anal about abusing children, they became more autistic and faggy.
>>
Sounds like the same white Western bullshit "research" that says trannies aren't mentally ill.
>>
I spank my gf every time she calls me papa during sex because I think its weird, but she keeps doing it.
>>
>>72161410
Maybe if they had spanked you again they would have knocked you into the correct sex. Male.
>>
>>72161433
>seems to me the exact opposite happened,
source for your claims:0
evidence for the opposite: huge metadata of over 50 years of studying it
>>
>>72161280
well you can fuck off and all you pommy bastard1
>>
>>72161592
>Maybe if they had spanked you again
actually that just made it worse
Also you are assuming i dont already know im male which is pretty silly. By saying im trans im literally admitting my biological sex and my mental gender are mismatched from a birth defect
>>
>>72161601
Source for his claims: thousands of years of human civilization.
>>
>>72161280
Nothing like socking your 6 y/o son 6ft across the room with a well placed uppercut. I said no more than 30 minutes of Minecraft you little faggot!
>>
>>72161280
Everybody used to get spanked all the time, and they were obedient and didn't question authority. Now that spanking has become demonized and people don't do it as much, they have become more defiant of authority.
>>
>>72161280
>"Hitler was spanked as a child, do you want your child to end up like Hitler!"
I agree that spanking is a last resort, but it won't turn your child into the devil unless you're abusing them.
>>
>>72161280
>Hitting people is how you resolve conflicts

Probably why we have so many SJWs desu.
>>
>spanking == beating

top kek
>>
>>72161601
source: modern society without spanking vs traditional society with spanking.

Who would have thought that children would stop being faggots if they thought there was going to be punishment for their actions?

It's not our fault your parents beat you instead of disciplined you, queer.
>>
>>72161783
>i have no idea how science works: the post

little boys used to be castrated so they would never go into puberty and be able to sing in an accaptable voice. This happened for thousands of years.

Saying something is good because we have done it before is literally bottom of the barrel lack of intelligence

>sees flag
oh i see. 3rd world education
>>
>>72161772
>Genetically shitty people hit each other more because their children are incapable of learning not to misbehave.

Its not surprising.
>>
>>72161280
Only spank when actual life threatening shit

If you don't then when that happens you got no tools left
>>
>>72161280
well i'm a man who obey his parents.
living good
>>
>>72162012
>source:
thats not a source. Show me a single scientific study showing that spanking children benefited society and didnt actually harm it.
>>
I don't see any reason why a parent shouldn't spank their child if they do something objectively heinous. Like strangle a cat or a baby.
>>
>>72161280
>50 years of studying kids getting spanked

what a life
>>
>>72161410
You know whats worse than being a degenerate? Blaming that degeneracy on parents that tried to discipline you. Fucking leaf.
>>
The study is about FREQUENCY of spanking.

More spanking = worst child behavior

There is little to no argument against this. It's been suspected before these studies.

The ***real question*** is whether spanking itself, even when controlled as being the last resort of punishment after all other punishment strategies have been tried AND whether the parent took the time to explain why they were spanked and that the parent love them even when they were naughty.
>>
Complete bullshit
>>
>>72162070
>science
Gender studies aren't science you pathetic mentally ill faggot.

>little boys used to be castrated so they would never go into puberty and be able to sing in an accaptable voice. This happened for thousands of years.
So fucking what? If they wanted a career as singers it was an acceptable sacrifice.
>>
>>72161280
> children who defy their parents and show increased anti-social behavior, aggression, mental health problems and cognitive difficulties are more likely to be spanked

Alternative hypothesis
>>
>>72162295
actually it is their fault. They are first cousins ;)

Gender dysphoria is a birth defect and therefore 100% the fault of the parents
>>
File: circumcision-by-gomco.jpg (486 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
circumcision-by-gomco.jpg
486 KB, 1600x1600
>>72161280
meanwhile circumcision and vaccinations are completely healthy
>>
>>72161280
This is a meta-analysis of lots of research by lots of researchers.

Were all the researchers biased in the same way? Are they corrupt?

It's important to remember that science is conducted by humans, and is therefore susceptible to human failings, such as bias. This is especially true in the "soft sciences" like psychology.

The research findings are more likely to say something about the researchers than about reality.
>>
>>72161280
Bullshit, reward when it does good, spank when it does bad, if you do exclusively one or the other you'll have psycho on your hands.
>>
this must be done. this is stupid analysis, not fact and wrong. family structure? faith and prosper? not can come about with no disipline but that is why this can not become almahzur. must always be disipline and faith.
>>
I think it depends on the child. My oldest would act worse when I spanked him, he responded better to having things he liked taken away or knowing how his behavior was making me feel (sad, angry, hurt). The only time with him that i feel I absolutely need to spank him now is when he really hurts his brother or does something deliberately dangerous.
With my youngest I just need to look at him like he will be trouble and the behavior ends.
For me spanking worked until i was older and then my parents changed tactics and took away my shit.
>>
>>72162330
agreed.

i was spanked maybe 5 times as a kid. I can look back on every time and say i deserved it.

spanking your kids for no reason will fuck them up but doing when they deserve it will make sure they dont become absolute shitheads
>>
>>72161280
>kids get spanked for bad behavior
>kids who get spanked more behave worse

wow
great study
>>
File: its-time-to-stop-posting.jpg (48 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
its-time-to-stop-posting.jpg
48 KB, 500x375
>>72162353
>Gender studies aren't science you pathetic mentally ill faggot.
>i literally didnt read any of the studies published
>waaah it must be gender studies!

come back when you atleast learn to read

> If they wanted a career as singers
are you fucking retarded? They werent even at pubety before this was done to them. They were forced into by people much older than them who manipulated them.

Holy shit russia really is the least intelligent country on the planet. Stop letting so many mudslimes into your country.
>>
>>72161280
It's fine if used thoughtfully.

Gotta have a followup to "Because I said so" when reasoning doesn't work out, but at the same time if you're tanning your 10 yr-old's hide multiple times a week then you're a shit parent.

Pretty much by the time your kid understands that when you ask him or her to "grab a switch" for their punishment to go find the biggest fucking stick and hand it to you, then it's time to move on from physical punishment.
>>
File: 1394342044117.png (204 KB, 474x385) Image search: [Google]
1394342044117.png
204 KB, 474x385
>traditional societies spanked for millennia
>only in the degenerate 20th century did corporal punishment become taboo
>everyone agrees kids, teenagers and 20-somethings are entitled shits nowadays; after corporal punishment was discouraged
>whenever a kid acts out, everyone's first instinct is "their parents should kick their ass"

>/pol/ is against corporal punishment, somehow thinks it "uncivilized"

Explain yourselves.
>>
>>72161280
Spanking and general conflict and violence in the home stunts a childs ability to develop empathy for which there's a limited window. It causes them to view the world as a win/lose system rather than a win/win system and so trains them to avoid beneficial exchanges of value. Spanked kids on average lose 5 IQ points and gain a much higher likelihood to become addicted to substances such as alcohol or drugs.

In general the risk of future degenerate behaviour strongly correlates with spanking, and it doesn't even work, bad behaviour is resumed quickly and requires constant application of force.

Not to mention it's completely immoral to beat a defenseless child.
>>
>>72162400
BTFO
>>
>>72161280
my mum spanked me with a fuckin thong cunt and i turned out alright ay
>>
>>72161410
I got spanked a lot when I was very little. Didn't turn out a tranny, but sex disgusts me and I surf 4chan all day.
>>
File: 1460270818870.gif (3 MB, 200x199) Image search: [Google]
1460270818870.gif
3 MB, 200x199
>>72162628
a leaf would defend gender studies
>>
>>72161410
>I am a childless virgin discussing how to raise children
>>
>>72162070
It did exactly what it was intended to do. Whether it was ethical is another question.
Spanking did what it was intended to do as well, and a few slaps on the ass is far preferable to modern disobedience.
>>
>>72161433
Well, here's the thing. If you can administer corporal punishment to your child, without it being influenced by your emotions, then I don't see an issue with it. The thing is, if you take the time to calm down, and divorce emotion from the punishment, you're more likely to not resort to violence.

You're likely thinking of people who outright don't punish their kids, which is bad too, children need discipline, but as this study shows, resorting to physical violence is counterproductive.
>>
>>72162676
>>everyone agrees kids, teenagers and 20-somethings are entitled shits nowadays; after corporal punishment was discouraged
correlation does not equal causation. Saying children are spoiled because they arent beaten by people much stronger and older than them is the most laughable fallacy iv ever heard.

Children are spoiled because they are given everything they want and told they are most special people on the planet. They are told that they can never be wrong and their opinions are literally facts.

It has nothing to do with beating children you inbred.

>>72162893
0/10 its not gender studies
learn to fucking read the study in the OP
>>
>>72161280
>poor kids are more likely to get hit
>poor kids are more likely to have problems
No shit. The real problem here is the study doesn't distinguish between a structured approach of consistent and proportional corporal punishment, and degenerates who just smack their kid whenever they feel like it. If one day you give them a slap on the wrist for breaking a plate, then the next day you clobber them with a belt just because they caught you in a bad mood, they're not going to learn anything except that there's no real justice in the world.
>>
>>72161280
>Gershoff
>>
>>72161280
>needing to spank your kid regardless of adverse effects of spanking
>Failing so hard as to force your parenting through physical harm/threats
I think those issues arise from shitty parents, not from the spanking itself. Although shitty parents almost always spank but spanking itself doesn't make them shitty to begin with.
>>
>>72162628
>implying it's hard to publish any "study" confirming anything you want in a pseudo science like psychology
Of course it reaffirms freaks like you.

>omg! they were manipulated!
Who gives a shit, children are a property and assets, not just leeches and black holes, of their parents and they should be able to do with them whatever they want, like they did for the entire history.
>>
>>72162330
>The study is about FREQUENCY of spanking.

Pretty much this

Also its funny how the study talks about "likenesses" which means fucking nothing on its own.
I got spanked.. when I nearly set the kitchen on fire and once got doused with cold watter when I rampaged in my room for over an hour, thats the most significant things i still remember.

When I think about it, such things maybe occurred once or twice a year. They where extraordinary "happenings".
In my teens I never got hit again because i no longer was little faggot doing such shit, quarrel sometimes bot nothing physical.
>>
File: yx8mj.jpg (61 KB, 685x500) Image search: [Google]
yx8mj.jpg
61 KB, 685x500
>>72162964
>childless virgin
projection much?
I lost my vcard at 16 and have taken it up the ass more than a few times as well as had sex with girls. Dont be silly and build the wall
>>
>>72163110
The irony is that there isn't any real justice in the world.
>>
>>72163026
>correlation does not equal causation
>proceed to argue that correlation equals causation.

Only does when I want it to.
>>
>>72161280
>What does /pol/ think about spanking as a form of punishment?
Necessary. Without proper punishment for misbehaving children becoming total faggots. I have nephew as a prime example. Little shit asking for it for a long time already, and I swear to God if my sister or her husband won't begin do it themselves soon, I will spank him myself and so hard, he will not be able to sit for a week.
>>
>>72162726

Bullshit.
A good spanking every now and then serves to remind who's in charge.

I see too many spoiled brats throwing endless tantrums in supermarkets because their parents didn't buy them the latest gadget or whatever, and the parents just stand there like fucktards and do nothing.

Back in my day (which was just 15 years ago...) I would have gotten a spank and moved on with it.

Children who never experience consequences from their actions turn out to be spoiled kids later on in life as well.

The kind that wants a new iPhone every six months and doesn't even have a job.
>>
File: 1394.jpg (29 KB, 446x357) Image search: [Google]
1394.jpg
29 KB, 446x357
>>72163325
every post you write just makes your country seem like an even bigger 3rd world shithole. Not even gonna bother reading it anymore sorry.
>>
>>72161410
Even worse you're a Canuckian.
>>
>>72163325
>Who gives a shit, children are a property and assets.
Yikes!â„¢

>and they should be able to do with them whatever they want

I'll tell Fwad and Muhammad that they're alright to keep raping their adoptive daughter.
>>
>>72163539
>proceed to argue that correlation equals causation.
false, your reading comprehension needs work
>>
>>72161410
>I was spanked as a child and i turned into a tranny.

I wasn't spanked as a child and I turned into a NEET. Let's call the whole thing off.
>>
>>72162726
> It causes them to view the world as a win/lose system rather than a win/win system

So spanking teaches them how the real life works and not spanking them basically grow up as sjw and wannabe communists.
>>
>>72163787
>Children are spoiled because they are given everything they want and told they are most special people on the planet.
>correlation equals causation when I want it to
>>
>>72163872
but this is 100% false. There are lots of sjw's who were spanked as children and lots of people who werent spanked as children who arent sjw's.

Like are you just pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>72161280
You are assigning causation, when you have merely found correlation. Children with increased misbehavior, aggression, anti-social behaviors, and mental disorders are more likely to get punished by their parents. This should not come as a surprise.
>>
>>72163837
I was spanked, but very seldom. My parents go-to was sending me to stand in the corner.

I'm currently in college, work 20 hours a week in addition to taking classes full-time, and work 60 hours per week over the summer.

Granted, I'm going to be an elementary school teacher, so clearly my parents fucked up somewhere.
>>
>>72163698
>hurr durr I can't make an argument without attacking the poster's flag
Go back to ledit, anonymity is not for you freak.

>>72163776
Your fault for letting them adopt a daughter.
>>
>>72164111
Not my decision what they do in their 3rd world sand-hole.
>>
>>72164195
Then why do you even care?
>>
>>72161529
There are people who believe trannies arent mentally ill?
>>
>>72163990
>sources
>your ass

Also why you fucking quoting me, its just and interpretation what the britbong said.

The world is not a win/win world, only in sjw dreams.
The real world is a bare-knuckle win/lose cage, where the winner gets it all the the looser stay loosers.
>>
>>72163977
repeating the same lack of reading comprehension over and over does not make it a valid argument sorry.

>>72164270
russia seriously go back to your cuck shed
>>
>>72164405
>>your ass
are you just pretending to be retarded?

Go on tumblr right now and ask them how many of them were spanked as children.

In comparison, ask people on here if they were ever spanked. Some well tell you know.

this literally proves you false
>>
>>72164406
I don't want to hear about cucksheds from a leafistani canacuck.
>>
Spanking is just a tool in a proper parent's toolbox of discipline. A proper parent should not use spanking as their first resort because it shows children that violence is the first thing you should jump to to solve your problems.

However, spanking should be used when nothing else works. Sometimes the kid does not give a shit if they're grounded, what you take away, or whatever. In that case, only the threat of spanking or ass whipping will set them straight.
>>
>>72164614
>well tell you know.
no*
>>
>>72162070
At least 3rd world countries have less suicide rates, less attention seeking faggots (gender fluid and shit) , less depressed people and more normal cis gender people.
>>
>>72161280
Kids need to be humiliated to learn shit. You don't spank them to actually hurt them, you spank them to teach them a lesson. But touchy feely PC western culture won't even let parents properly discipline their children. There's a difference between discipline and just beating the shit out of them.
>>
>>72164614
>keeps up his strawmen

yeah keep being a leaf.
>>
>>72164617
>I don't want to hear about cucksheds
hits too close to home huh?
> leafistani
your country literally has mega mosque's all over and 10x as many mudslimes as we do. Muslims are going to replace whites in russia soon and they dont even make up 3% of our population.

How fucking pathetic.
>>
>>72161280
Tbh I have a real hard time believing that.
I'm past 30, and when I look at my chilchood friends, it's the guys from the strictest families - the kind who never missed church, got spanked or even beaten if they did something wrong as a kid, always been there on family gatherings, didn't spend all their uni years partying and getting drunk, had to suffer endless verbal abuse if they didn't perform well enough in school or in their private lives - that have kids and live in stable marriages.

The rest of us from more permissive families are just different levels of dysfunctional.
>>
>>72164770
>gets btfo
>its a strawman
yeah you wont go ask tumblr because you know im right ;)

there are tumblr blogs dedicated to anti spanking because they were spanked as children
>>
>>72161540
This deserves a response
>>
>The more children are spanked, the more likely they are to defy their parents and to experience increased anti-social behavior, aggression, mental health problems and cognitive difficulties, according to a new meta-analysis of 50 years of research on spanking.
I just don't believe it. I think instead of "spanking" they meant "ruthless beating".
>>
File: Spanking.png (125 KB, 1070x361) Image search: [Google]
Spanking.png
125 KB, 1070x361
>>72164665

Best post
>>
>I was spanked and I turned out fine
>I had a pit bull and it didn't kill anyone
>I knew a black guy and he didn't steal anything
>I smoke weed and I have an okay job
>>
Ok I'm at work so I can't check up regularly so hopefully the thread is still alive by me next break; anyways, my wife and her siblings were beaten regularly with a belt and shit and they, although not perfect, are pretty much what their parents wanted them to be. I was not physically disciplined to much, spanning and shit and I was rebellious as fuck. What's to be made of this?
>>
>>72161280
>oy veyy goyim!
>dont spank your children thats inhumane!
>just buy them everything they want and let them be happy
>oh not enough money goyim? just take out a small loan, your child deserves it!
>>
>>72161280
But does it outweigh the risk of faggotry bt not disciplining your kid?
>>
>>72164814
Nice memes. We have 4 mosques in Moscow which is a 20 million city with suburbs and most Muslims are either not religious or live in their own regions.

>they dont even make up 3% of our population
Yet. You should accept more refugees, they will bring some wonderful culture to you.
>>
My gf is a masochistic and likes being spanked and treated rough , so ive been doing it and she loves it. Am i a cuck for submitting to dominating my gf?
>>
>>72163571
>Bullshit.

Everything I said has been backed by science for decades.

>A good spanking every now and then serves to remind who's in charge.

No, it teaches the child that the way to get what you want is to use violence and start conflict, and the reason you're doing it your child is because you have the same mindset caused by you being spanked as a child, it's called the circle of violence. Your kid will probably turn out to be the bully that no one likes at school because you've taught them that conflict is resolved through intimidation rather than cooperation and negotiation. Which will do nothing but follow that child around their entire life and stop them from being able to achieve anything.

I'm not advocating spoiled children, and there's lots of ways to avoid spoiled children without using violence, but that means being a good parent and actually having some respect and love for your child rather than just taking your animosity and rage out on them.
>>
>>72165110
>my wife and her siblings were beaten regularly with a belt and shit
>are pretty much what their parents wanted them to be

Because they was ruled with fear not respect.
>>
>>72161280

Spare the rod spoil the child
>>
>>72162428
>The research findings are more likely to say something about the researchers than about reality.

As a psychologist who do research for living I can say that you nail it m8, take 10internets
>>
>>72163541
>I will spank him myself and so hard, he will not be able to sit for a week.

And that's how you do it. Whoop 'em once, and whoop 'em right.
>>
>>72165338
>No, it teaches the child that the way to get what you want is to use violence and start conflict
God forbid you teach a child how the world actually works.
>>
>>72164951

I believe it.

Anecdotal evidence: I see Hispanic parents spanking their children for every infraction of typical toddler/elementary school antics imaginable. These kids get immune to spankings and only see it as a burden when they grow up. This also shows the lack of parenting skills. They can't reason with and control their children when their young, and neither when they grow up.

As other Anons have been saying, spanking should be a last resort. After all other parenting tactics have been tried and in particular situations should a parent spank a child.
>>
>>72165275
>You should accept more refugees,
the amount of refugees we accepted is less than 0.1% of the number of mudslimes in your country.

Facts dont lie cuck

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mosques_in_Russia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Russia

>Islam is the second most widely professed religion in Russia.

what a cuck country
>>
>>72162177
>Like strangle a cat or a baby.

If that happens, drop them. They're going to be a killer. We all know how killer psychos worked out despite mental health help.
>>
>>72161280
Not enforcing rules is literally the worst fucking thing you can do when raising a kid. Nobody ever suggested you should beat the shit out of your kids on a regular basis, but not giving them a smack when they do some real stupid shit is only gonna make them entitled little cunts with no sense of wat respect means.
>>
>>72161280
>muh physical punishments
you know what REALLY fucks up your kid ?
a psychotic mother, I'll take a hundred slaps over emotional abuse any day
>>
It's all a matter of perspective;

Scenario A:
Normalcy is considered a Child who is of good moral standing, well behaved, doesn't act out and shows respect.

Two children are used, one is spanked, one is not. The one not spanked acts more emotional, is more apt to lean towards homosexual/metrosexual acts and be a bleeding heart liberal.

Result : Spanking seems to stop kids becoming fags

Scenario B:
Normalcy is viewed through the modern western lens of degeneracy, thus a quiet well behaved child is considered wrong and a fag is considered normal and healthy.

Run the test again from this perspective and the conclusion is that spanking lobotomises your children.

Same test, same outcome, wildly different conclusions and we both know what team any "scientists" trying to find proof that you shouldn't discipline your children are on.
>>
File: track.jpg (17 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
track.jpg
17 KB, 900x900
Certainly doesn't help build family ties. My mother used to beat me savagely with pic related. Moved out at 18 and haven't spoken to her since.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (37 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
37 KB, 1280x720
>>72165649
>Not enforcing rules is literally the worst fucking thing
>the only way to enforce rules is by physical violence
>im literally too retarded to think of anything else
>taking away their toys, putting them in their room, grouding them, etc etc are not real things
>i only think with anger: the post
oh you
>>
File: 1328743927416.gif (2 MB, 200x293) Image search: [Google]
1328743927416.gif
2 MB, 200x293
Asian here, my parents hit me with all kinds of things as a child and blamed me for everything while my older and younger brother had it easy.
Both my brothers ended up going to college and I dropped out and got a job instead.
>both my brothers are in debt and jobless while I'm making $35k-60k each year for the past 6 years working my way up at a recycling center.
>>
>>72161540
Quit fecking yer daughter then, you mick inbred.
>>
File: 1455981117556.jpg (51 KB, 1159x736) Image search: [Google]
1455981117556.jpg
51 KB, 1159x736
>>72161410
If you can't control them you failed as parent, you weren't communicating with your kid so you lost control.
>>
>>72165873
>the only way to enforce rules is by physical violence
>im literally too retarded to think of anything else
Yes, you are. Because that isn't even what his post said.
>>
Guys, ever heard the word, """balance"""?

If beating children, it is wrong.

If spanking children when they did something very wrong such as hurting puppies or other children for fun, it is fine.

Authoritative parent style is the best style. Be firm not too strict nor too soft.
>>
>>72165615
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mosques_in_Canada
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Canada
> the second largest religion after Christianity
Wow, that sure proves a lot.

Again, our Muslims are natives and most aren't religious while yours are foreign invaders.
>>
>>72161280
Spanking? Nah. Lock them in a closet.
>>
>>72165873
So you would not slap your kid if it threw shit around like a retard? Enjoy living in hell for 18 years.
>>
File: circc.jpg (437 KB, 972x978) Image search: [Google]
circc.jpg
437 KB, 972x978
>>72162418

Having sex with 17yos = legal.
Looking at nude selfies of 17yos = prison.
Mutilating babies = encouraged.

Sick society.
>>
>>72166102
>Because that isn't even what his post said.
actually it is. The post was saying that the article in question was retarded because the only way to be a good parent is to have consequences. This means that phyisical violence is the only kind of consequnce he thinks works for children.

Otherwise his post literally makes 0 sense.
>>
Hitting your kids is nigger tier, it's what poor idiots do because they're incapable of understanding how to raise a child successfully without beating them. All the evidence shows spanking your kid makes them stupid, anti-social failures and the only response is "BUT I WUZ SPANKED AND I WUZ FINE" which I believe people when they say that because to make such a point shows the retardation sets in deep. I'm just glad my parents researched the effects of spanking your children extensively in advance so I didn't turn out with brain damage.
>>
>>72161280
>>72161410
Every kid should be spanked at least once IF they act up a lot. Some kids act like little shits because other forms of punishment don't phase them, does a 6 year old really consider going to his room with his toys a punishment? No, so he'll act up and throw his slaghetti on the wall next week because he just doesn't care.

But if there's a possibility of get a beat down, lil Johnny is gonna be a good boy
Make your kids fear becoming in trouble because they'll never know if you're gonna smack them again
>>
>>72164665
Or you could seek to understand what causes the bad behaviour in the first place and make sure that cause is eliminated from the childs life.

People seem to think that children misbehaving is somehow the norm and it needs to be stamped out, but good parents know that children are capable of being good if they're raised right to start with, that means making sure they develop empathy (which is stunted by the use of violence), every time you spank a child in the early years of their childhood you prevent mirror neurons from forming which are the basis of feeling other peoples pain and being to empathise with that pain.

A well raised kid will never be mean to others or get into trouble because if they've developed a strong sense of empathy then hurting others is a lot like hurting themselves.
>>
>>72165338
>Your kid will probably turn out to be the bully that no one likes at school because you've taught them that conflict is resolved through intimidation rather than cooperation and negotiation

Ummm.... no. There is a difference between disciplining a child, and abusing a child.

It's one thing to give your kid a spanking when they ignore you and treat you like shit, or intentionally break your property or something just to piss you off. It teaches them they can't do whatever they want in life and get away with it.

It's another thing to beat the shit out of your kid because they didn't get straight A's on their report card. Furthermore, kids that bully are likely emotionally neglected by their parents/guardian.

Discipline leads to kids not being little fuckwads. Abuse leads to kids becoming little fuckwads. Learn the difference before making such an autistic post.
>>
>>72161410
>People took this bait
>>
>>72161280
Spanking is the true red pill.
>>
The less we spank our children the more mass shootings we suffer.
>>
>>72166119
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Canada
>According to Canada's 2011 National Household Survey, there were 1,053,945 Muslims in Canada or about 3.2
>3.2%

>from your own link

>muslims make up almost 1/3 of your country

holy shit you arent just dumb but also illiterate

>>72166189
>So you would not slap your kid if it threw shit around like a retard?
nope i would simply take their toys away and lock them in their room for a day. Im actually 14 years older than my little sister and helped raised her so i already know pretty much how to raise a child and we never had to use any violence with her. Now shes a straight A student and training to go to the olympics in swimming.

Once again, if you do not know how to control children without resorting to violence you are admitting to having no idea what you are doing as a parent
>>
>>72166189
hes a leaf, he wont have any children and if any he has to obey what his wifes son has to say.
>>
Spanking kids is wrong
Wow why do we have so many out of control children, its such a mystery

You son tells you he wants to wear a dress? Spank his ass, suddenly 1 less tranny in the world
Your kid wont behave and do their homework, no need to give them pills and call them autistic, Spank em
>>
>>72166455

Agreed. This study is nicely worded to continue to pussyfication of our nation.
>>
File: Wat.gif (1 MB, 446x469) Image search: [Google]
Wat.gif
1 MB, 446x469
>>72166529
>Red Pill = truth
>Spanking is truth
>>
>>72161280
>inflicting violence on humans to teach lessons has harm

WHAT

VIOLENCE DOESN'T CAUSE HARM
>>
>>72161280
Seems more like a rebellious nature turns kids into parents who spank their children because they don't want to bother having to explain everything to them every time they fuck up.

Don't get me wrong, I'd probably lose my shit pretty quick too.
>>
Spanked a lot and yelled at a lot (especially when I didn't pay attention in church). Now a NEET autist at 25. Anecdote from me.
>>
>>72166290
>This means that phyisical violence is the only kind of consequnce he thinks works for children
How do you even figure that? He plainly said you shouldn't beat your kids on a regular basis.

>>72166594
>nope i would simply take their toys away and lock them in their room for a day
You... you realize that's worse? Right?

>I wouldn't spank a kid I just put him in solitary confinement for a day!
>>
>>72166616
>he wont have any children
1. iv already raised my adopted sister
2. my gf and i plan on having on in about 3 years or so.

Nice projection tho ;)
>>
>>72166594
>>muslims make up almost 1/3 of your country
>According to many surveys, Russia is approximately 7% Muslim. [3] According to a poll by the Russian Public Opinion Research Center, 20% of respondents considered themselves Muslims.[4] According to a Reuters news article by Robin Paxton, Muslim minorities make up approximately 14% of Russia's population.
Looks like you're dumb and illiterate here. Enjoy your million invaders.
>>
I was
spanking
when kid
for not
wanting
spanking
my mom
back
>>
>>72166920
>You... you realize that's worse? Right?
on their long term mental health? Nope and the HUGE study in the OP literally confirms my statement. If you have any proof backing up yours id love to see it.
>>
>>72161834
This reply killed me, good shit
>>
>>72166951

Why lie when its so easy to tell?

a quick google search easily proves you wrong, it was 11% in 2010 and its probably about 16% now cuck ;)
>>
>>72161280
There's a difference between a quick swat on the bottom and then a calm explanation of why you did it and properly beating your child in a fit of rage. People who hit their children have clearly lost control and there's no excuse for that in parenting.
>>
>>72161834
>projecting this much
>>
>>72166455
>Ummm.... no. There is a difference between disciplining a child, and abusing a child.

Scientifically, no there's not. The effects in both cases are the same, all the effects I listed such as decrease in empathy, decrease in IQ, increase in likelihood for problems in later life, it doesn't matter how you try and justify being violent towards your child, these all still apply.

If your child is just trying to piss you off or breaking things of yours intentionally you've already hugely failed as a parent and it's why you have to resort to spanking, which just makes their lot in life that much more shitty.

What leads kids to not be fuckwads is establishing empathy during their childhood so they naturally feel bad for misbehaving or causing other people distress, being violent towards children hugely stunts empathy growth which is what allows children to fail to be able to relate to the person they're harming and thus violence is needed to keep them in line.

Kids that bully are those who are both capable of it emotionally (lack empathy) and also have been taught by their parents that getting what you want is achieved not through negotiation with others but with force. Congratulations, spanking your child achieves both those things.
>>
>>72167232
Even if it was 20% it's still not 1/3, you dumb canacuck. Protip: 1/3 is 33%
>>
this is why you spank the shit out of your wife, not your kids

someone has to get put in line and it sure isnt gonna be me
>>
>>72167707
>i have no idea what an exaggeration is
>WAAH MY COUNTRY IS 16% MUDSLIME BUT ALTEAST ITS NOT 1/3

really cuck, you could atleast attempt to not come across as a cuckold.

Get back to your shed and get ready to prep your bull.
>>
>>72161280
>>72161410
I learned at a young age if I acted up I'd get my ass spanked hard. I didn't like my ass getting spanked so I stopped doing the stuff that caused my ass to get spanked.
>>
>>72161280
I don't give a rat's ass what this 50 year study says...we can look at the past generations and see their ability to cope with depressions, plagues, famine and world wars and it is far stronger than the worms who get scared by Trump chalked.

There has been an agenda to give the child rights, that override the authority of their parents, to tell kids to go home and teach their parents of global warming and make the parent/child relationship as equal friends, I DONT MUTHAFUCKIN' THINK SO!
>>
File: yes yes.gif (3 MB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
yes yes.gif
3 MB, 356x200
>>72166314
>>
>>72166594
Locking someone is coaction too, worse crime than spanking
>>
>>72168007
>my personal anecdotes invalidate over 50 years of research and the largest peer reviewed study on spanking ever
0/10
>>
File: snpxvl6qyn.jpg (71 KB, 400x647) Image search: [Google]
snpxvl6qyn.jpg
71 KB, 400x647
>>72166344
Why are there more spoiled shits that openly act out in public now then?

Maybe there's a certain kind of person that if beat becomes a defiant asshole and if not beat becomes an insufferable whiny douche. I think iq correlates more to this. Child psychologists and behavioral "scientists" want you to believe every kid is equal. Stupid people are assholes whether they're spanked or not. Decent people take a spanking and learn from it or don't take a spanking an still turn out somewhat ok albeit a little spoiled.

I'll take my chances, I'd rather have a defiant child instead of a fucking faggot.
>>
>>72167482
>The effects in both cases are the same

If you're spanking frequently that is. Some me a study that even a swap to several swaps on rare occasions (once or twice a year) will cause the same damage. All the studies I have ever read say that spanking on a regular basis is harmful. This shows that spanking is being used as a primary tool rather than the nuclear option.

>>
>>72167041
It's not a comparative study, it didn't compare the effect of spanking versus isolation as punishment.

Though if you'd like you could look at the vast piles of studies done on isolation punishments and see how those turn out. But naw, you go ahead and think putting a kid in a day-long time-out is somehow better than a spanking. Certainly sending your kid into the closet, I mean "room", day in and out couldn't hurt them!
>>
>>72167945
Most of those 16% live in their own regions so I don't have to prep the bulls unlike you because your invaders live in your cities right next to you. Try not to be killed, I hear they don't fancy mentally ill faggots too much.
>>
>>72168347
0/10
the vast majority of LGBT people say they were spanked/beaten as children.

Guess how much that worked
>>
>>72168323
Well I guess if spanking didn't teach those faggots loving hugs and nice words wasn't going to do it either.

Worked in my case and millions of other cases.

>muh anecdotes
>>
>>72162148
This
>>
>>72168068
>implying that hitting children helps the world
>>
File: LB1e.png (598 KB, 694x689) Image search: [Google]
LB1e.png
598 KB, 694x689
>>72168458
>Most of those 16% live in their own regions
>moving goalposts this hard
>WAAH MY COUNTRY IS COMPLETELY KEKED BUT ITS OK BEACUSE I PRETEND TO NOT SEE THEM
>>
>>72168510
Those kids weren't getting spanked to cure the LGBT disease their parents didn't even know about. What are you talking about?
>>
File: flippedoffdaog.jpg (94 KB, 800x670) Image search: [Google]
flippedoffdaog.jpg
94 KB, 800x670
>>72161783
this
it worked for me, my parents, my grandparents, my great grandparents
what is going to magically change about it not being effective on my children?
Also this particular family experiment spands more than 100 years, so HA to the 50 yr experiment
>>
>>72161410
That's because your mother married the state and the state beats your ass bloody you fucking cheeky leaf
>>
>>72168697
i cant tell if you are trollng or not. People have known about gay people for thousands of years. Its literally mentioned in the old testamet
>>
>>72161410
A fucking leaf.

If you can't obey your parents without getting spanked you are a shit faggot
>>
We are raising two teenagers who know you can't spank them the 15 yr old called the cops on his dad twice trying to say he was being abused which he never has, he has never even been in any kind of fight he cries like a toddler and rolls on the ground, it's hilarious. But the govt says you can't spank, the kids are out of control
>>
>>72168815
How many kids of spanking age do you think came out to their parents over the last 50 which resulted in those parents trying to correct it with a few ass taps?
>>
>>72168752
If you want to insult someone atleast make a little bit of sense.
>>
>>72168854
>im gonna ignore the huge ass study posted in the OP and all the science behind it because of muh feels
science deniers are soooo silly.
>>
File: officerspud.jpg (27 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
officerspud.jpg
27 KB, 500x372
>>72161280
I manage to bring up my kids to be hard working at school, respectful and well behaved without slapping them, its really rather simple. you ban them from computers (and other technology), playing out with friends and no sweets, they soon realise how bored they get and how they miss a treat of a chocolate biscuit over fruit and book their ideas up.
To me if you hit you can't control with restricting privileges and resort to ruling by fear of violence.

inb4 some cunt who doesn't have kids makes retarded slippery slope arguments, or some nasty bad parent who can't handle the fact they're a shit parent and resort to abuse (and it IS abuse!).
>>
>>72168925
Holy fuck, you actually believe your spanking as turned you into a fucking tranny?

Not only are you mentally ill you have no idea why you're mentally ill. Fuck me, get out of this thread you fucking nutcase.
>>
>>72168510
I know how the opposite worked. They all turned into lispy annoying faggots. I also dispute your "vast majority" horseshit.
>>
>>72168688
You're the one who's moving goalposts here, I've been saying this from the beginning, you illiterate idiot. We're an empire and conquered lots of shit tribes so we have to deal with them.
Anyway, I'm going to sleep, hope you get stoned on some fag parade.
>>
>>72168920
over 9000
its actually quite common, just google kid beaten/killed for being gay
>>
>I'm pretty sure that Michael Jackson proves that you can beat greatness into your child, but not so much that he starts touching kids.
-Daniel Tosh
>>
File: 1345251081386.png (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1345251081386.png
10 KB, 300x300
>>72169138
>>72169133
>>72169126
>>
>>72168874
Have you tried not being shitty parents?
>>
>>72169241
>same image for three different posters

You sure have an argument, don't you?
>>
>>72167482
>What leads kids to not be fuckwads is establishing empathy during their childhood so they naturally feel bad for misbehaving or causing other people distress, being violent towards children hugely stunts empathy growth which is what allows children to fail to be able to relate to the person they're harming and thus violence is needed to keep them in line.

Seeing as I was spanked once when I was a kid (I threw a hell of a temper tantrum, and was spanked until my ass turned blue) and I ended up becoming a kind, compassionate guy that treats others with respect, my existence basically blows your theory out of the water.

And there you go again, equating every single act of physical harm as being a violent act of aggression. A child is not going to equate spanking/punishment as an okay to beat the shit out of other people at random, if you explain why they got spanked.

Kids are little retards at times. Sometimes you can explain things and they get it. Spanking should never be the first resort in child rearing. It should be the last. But if explaining something logically fails, and the kid is still being disrespectful or physically violent, then you put them in their place by disciplining them.

People haven't been doing that these days, and their kids are turning into disrespectful, abusive little shits. The fault doesn't lie with spanking. The fault lies with parents being shitty parents in other regards.
>>
>>72168393
It's especially damaging even in minor amounts during the first 5 years of a childs life, the shock and pain caused by physical punishment cause a rush of chemicals which hit the brain and can be measured months later after the spanking, those chemicals alter how the brain develops during that period. Children have insanely malleable brains and things like establishing mirror neuron growth can be vastly changed by abusive behaviour.

The meta study isn't even really needed it just confirms a larger pattern, most of the studies on this over the years have been pretty conclusive on their own, spanking is universally bad and doesn't achieve anything and the more you spank the worse it gets, there's no brownie points for beating the shit out of your child only sometimes.

>>72168400
Many other methods of "punishment" also cause problems in later life for children, and aren't a lot better. The best option is peaceful parenting but it needs to be done by well educated people and it needs to be done from the start. It can't do much to help you recover from a child you've already fucked up through spanking.
>>
>>72169368
well once people prove themselves to being extremely unintelligent its quite efficient to just call them out on being so dumb all at once.

I already proved my arguments but retards like to ignore science and base everything around their fee fees
>>
>>72161887
>maybe if I baselessly state the opposite of the study's findings, people will believe me
>>
>>72165587
If this were the case, then the research would show a curve. The researchers are claiming a linear effect. More spanking, worse outcomes.
>>
>>72162485
Maybe the world isn't as simple as you think it is.
>>
This is it, this is the end, there's no coming back from this. Civilization will once again fall to degeneracy. Thanks Doctor Spock.
>>
File: 1461512845934.png (45 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
1461512845934.png
45 KB, 600x700
>>72161540
She probably thinks it's weird too and keeps doing it bc she thinks you like it.
>>
>>72169583
>I'm right, you're just a wrong idiot who doesn't know anything

You think you were "turned" into a tranny from spanking when in actuality you were born a tranny because your brain fucking sucks. That's how intelligent you are.
>>
File: 1415350011668.jpg (46 KB, 330x327) Image search: [Google]
1415350011668.jpg
46 KB, 330x327
>>72168323

yes. If the researchers are, you know.

Lying.

Ideologically influenced research isn't a new thing, everyone can be corrupted. This study is just a huge pile of bullshit, everyone knows this.

Western civilization is heading towards a complete failure, most nations touched by it are coping with self-entitled, lazy, unmotivated people and they are literally dying out decade by decade.

The countries that once colonized and took over the entire world now need to import people, not just to do scrub work, but to fill the ranks of academia, work as doctors and engineers, because the people western families are producing are failures.

You can pretend that everything is fine and this study has scientific merit, but the only one you're dooming is yourself.

Sometimes you might want to spank your child, sometimes other methods of discipline might not work.

But completely condemning beating your child has a much more grave implication. That you are afraid of harming your kid and you're afraid of violence. You should prepare him for life and let him experience frustration, authority and pain, while you can also give him love and let him cope with it. Sure, bullying your own child is dumb and pointless, but if your child grows up sheltered from violence, frustration and pain, he'll be weak. He'll be fragile.

Others will sense this and they will destroy him. You aren't acting rationally, you're worshipping the dead idol of Morality and it is a false and god and will fail you eventually.
>>
File: FUCK_YEA.gif (1 MB, 308x237) Image search: [Google]
FUCK_YEA.gif
1 MB, 308x237
>>72161410
kek. FPBP

I exhibit all of those symptoms except cognitive difficulties and i don't recall ever being spanked.

So this "study" makes no fucking sense. Just like pic related.
>>
>correlation
>cause/effect
>>
>>72161280
>more likely they are to defy their parents
Could explain why the current, unspanked generation are far more statist than their spanked parents..
>>
>>72169513
>It's especially damaging even in minor amounts during the first 5 years of a childs life, the shock and pain caused by physical punishment cause a rush of chemicals which hit the brain and can be measured months later after the spanking, those chemicals alter how the brain develops during that period.

jezsus, so if a kid breaks a leg, arm etc, it gets the same and even more "chemicals" in the brains.. does that mean every kid who had a broken bones will have the same effects..

this mental gymnastics.
>>
>>72162676
>everyone agrees kids, teenagers and 20-somethings are entitled shits nowadays; after corporal punishment was discouraged
Not only is this claim false but it also completely ignores the hundred other factors that impact these two environments
>>
>>72169513
>first 5 years of a child's life
The brains of toddlers are venerable, agreed. I see no use in spanking children who don't know how to read. How about older children? Say 8 to 12 years old, give or take several months? They at least begin to have reasoning capabilities.

>Children have insanely malleable brains
These studies you are referencing in regards to spanking, how old are these children?

>beating the shit out of your child
Nice meme. Open-handed swap on the bottom =/= belting/slap to the face
>>
File: picrelated.jpg (11 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
picrelated.jpg
11 KB, 259x194
>>72161280
If the child deserves it then spank their asses. If he or she is being a rebellious piece of shit then spank the fucker more.
>>
>>72169926
i was joking when i said that, if you werent illiterate you would know i already said later ITT gender dysphoria is a birth defect
>>72169962
>Lying.
uhhh huh. thousands of researchers over 50 years are lying but you know better than they are.

i didnt read the rest of your post.

If you have evidence of any kind other than shitty anecdotes im waiting to see it
>>
>>72161280
This study seems like an attack on Christianity in a way:
>spare the rod, spoil the child
Not saying that's the case, just that it seems suspicious.
>>
>>72169112
Right, and so with a carrot the child has to learn to negotiate what they want rather than throwing a tantrum or misbehaving. And when this is done from an early age it makes them incredibly effective at getting what they want in later life by learning how to generate value and offer it to other people in exchange for the things they want, they're more likely to make better business exchanges, be shrewd negotiators, have a higher IQ and establish long term mutually beneficial trades with other trust worthy people. The spanked children will more likely try to get what they want through force and consequently be poorer for it.

You've set your children up with a great future.
>>
When your parents hit you all it does is make you get used to pain and fear consequences less. Fact.
>>
>>72170339

No, you are right.

You shouldn't spank your children. Let your children become weak faggots, like all the other canadians.

The anglos must die out.
>>
>>72162418
Literally nothing wrong with circumcisions as long as you don't kill the baby. You guys just don't want to admit the Jews were right.
>>
>>72166446
>A well raised kid will never be mean to others or get into trouble because if they've developed a strong sense of empathy then hurting others is a lot like hurting themselves.

This presumes that the sole goal of raising a child is to raise that child with a strong sense of empathy. The goal of raising a child is so that, that child becomes a well-functioning, decent, prosperous adult. There are many instances in anyone's life where acting based solely on empathy will yield detrimental results. Imagine, your friend, family member, or spouse comes to you and needs more money for booze. You know they have an addiction problem but you can see the emotional and physical pain that person is in. Though it may pain you to turn them down you know it is in their best interest to get help instead. A good person will tell that friend that they need help and get them help even if they feel badly about doing so.

Being a good person, which is what any parent should strive for, for their child, can often mean doing something which may not have best feelings associated with it, but ultimately is in the best interest of everyone to do because it is the right thing to do.
>>
>>72170636
>Let your children become weak faggots
>strawmanning this hard
i already stated it ITT but il state it again: there are plenty of people on /pol/ who werent spanked and plenty of tumblrinas and sjw's who WERE spanked.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, no proof for any of your claims, and are beyond embarrassing at this point.
>>
>>72161280
STOP
just fucking stop
this is shit science and this exact same shit has been spewed since the 60's
Why are you making this idiotic thread ever fucking day?
>>
>>72170829
>here are many instances in anyone's life where acting based solely on empathy will yield detrimental results.

>strawmanning this hard

Having good empathy doesnt mean you only use empathy you inbred cuck.

You are supposed to use a balance of logic, reason, and empathy when dealing with other people.

Having no empathy means you are sociopath, which is extremely bad
>>
>>72170339
The only evidence anyone has in this area ARE anecdotes.

We can't see into other dimensions into our lives where our parents didn't spank us so there's no data to say Sally would have been good if she wasn't spanked just as there isn't to say Bobby would have been bad if he was spanked.
>>
>>72170903

as I said, you SHOULD believe this study. I've come to the realization that most people deserve what they've got.

If you're dumb enough to be mislead by a study like this, you deserve the fate you've got.

In the end, no one can be saved from himself.
>>
>>72171377
>has in this area ARE anecdotes.
100% false

learn to fucking read you moron. the study is massive and has 0 anecdotes
>>
File: get out jew.png (2 MB, 1049x925) Image search: [Google]
get out jew.png
2 MB, 1049x925
>>72170456
>>
File: Yawning2.jpg (310 KB, 849x565) Image search: [Google]
Yawning2.jpg
310 KB, 849x565
>>72171520
>fails to accept the fact hes wrong
>cant accept lots of sjw's have been spanked and it doesnt do anything good
>>
for thousands of years kids got the shit beat out of them for nothing, and you know what? it fucking worked like a charm....

But there is truth that too many beatings don't work as well....it should always be a mix of reward and punishments depending on the situation,

to categorically rule out ass kickings is stupid...there is some shit no one should get away with...

liberal tears are delicious, and this study reeks of secular humanist liberal propaganda....
>>
>>72166045
came here to say this. Teaching kids to negotiate and taking the time to be honest and explain clearly rather than explode on them is the worst way to teach them how to be. They end up misbehaving everywhere and never being reasonable people.

I am a father of a boy and girl and my strategy is to parent to the "emotion" and not the situation.

If an adult has to resort to assaulting a person who cannot defend themselves in order to raise them, it means we need to fire up the eugenics machine like yesterday.
>>
>>72169460
>Seeing as I was spanked once when I was a kid (I threw a hell of a temper tantrum, and was spanked until my ass turned blue) and I ended up becoming a kind, compassionate guy that treats others with respect, my existence basically blows your theory out of the water.

Haha, you what?

Kind? Compassionate? Treats others with respect? You're physically beating a tiny human who is much too small to defend themselves and completely relies on you for their well being and safety, if you think that's kind and compassionate then there is literally something wrong with you.

You see people who were raised without violence such as myself are capable of empathizing with the fear, distress and pain caused to children when the people they trust the most abuse their power, I didn't need spanking as a kid because I was negotiated with and rewarded for good behaviour, and others such as >>72169112 clearly were as well and have well behaved children who don't need spanking

But then you were spanked so it's no wonder that you also think it's appropriate to use violence to get what you want. There's also long term studies that look at not just the negative effects of spanking which are irrefutable at this point, but also the cycle of violence that shows children spanked are more likely to spank their children and so on, keeping entire generations down.

The only way to end that violence is to actually get educated as a parent and acknowledge your own failings were caused by your parents and how they treated you to resolve issues, and seek to correct that yourself. That means actually understanding what happens when you beat children. There's like a million resources on this across the web, there's no excuse, not wanting to admit that your parents mis-treated you as a child isn't a good reason to avoiding giving your child the best start in life.
>>
>>72171119
>Having good empathy doesnt mean you only use empathy you inbred cuck.
I never stated that. I clearly stated using solely empathy.

>You are supposed to use a balance of logic, reason, and empathy when dealing with other people.

I agree 100%

I find it funny you accuse me of strawmanning then seem suggest I was arguing against having any empathy at all in children.

I was clearly responding to this bit in the post.

>A well raised kid will never be mean to others or get into trouble because if they've developed a strong sense of empathy then hurting others is a lot like hurting themselves.

This sentence seems to suggest that it is ONLY empathy which guarantees a person will not do bad in their life. I wanted to point out that there are definitely instances where not following your heart, or your emotions will and instead following a sense of duty of right and wrong learned from other sources other than empathy will yield you to do the right thing.
>>
>>72171540
>Science Daily

Besides the fact that again, children aren't all perfect identical molds, how reputable is this website?
>>
>>72169962
>>72170339
>>72168323
>>72168007
>>72161410
>>72161280
>Source: University of Texas at Austin
Isn't Austin known as a commiefornian colony in TX?
>>
>>72172017
>how reputable is this website
>attacking the site i used and not the actual peer reviewed giant as study
oh you
>>
If you can spank with control and consistent discipline it works great.

It doesn't work for all discipline issues, like behavior issues. But for correcting things instantly it's great. But the kid has to know that he'll receive spankings for infractions beforehand. He can't make a mistake and receive spanking. First he has to be warned about a certain action and told what he'll receive if he does it anyway. Also, you then have to explain why he got the spanking, and tell him that you have to correct him to help him learn.

For example my four-year-old tried to start the riding lawnmower after he'd been told not to. I told him sternly that if he did that again he'd get a spank. I asked him if he understood. He did. About fifteen minutes later he tried it again and received a spanking for it.

Everyone we know always comments on how well-behaved our three kids are.
>>
>>72161280
Molyneux pls go
>>
>>72168874
My sister called the cops when my dad smacked her once. The cops showed up, they realized it was some teen claiming abuse, and basically told her parents have a right to discipline their children, so long as it's not abused. But what our dad did to her was not abuse
>>
>>72171837
Agreed.I was spanked during my childhood for heavy fuck ups but I dont belive its inherently bad unless they do it often, in excess, without a previous warning or when the kid doesnt understand why he's being spanked.
>>
>Probably got smacked a few times as a child and was sorted out by grade school.
>>
>>72170344
???

"Spare the rod and spoil the child" is a common idiom in English. Most people aren't even aware of its biblical origin.
>>
I constantly see lefties say spanking teaches your child that violence is the answer. But what's wrong with that? Violence may not be the right answer, but it's always the final one.
>>
>>72171119
"Sociopath" is an anti-white slur.

We call white people "sociopaths" for having the same kind of qualities that get black people called "street smart."
>>
>>72172231
Also
>Andrew C. Grogan-Kaylor
his website: https://agroganweb.wordpress.com/
>My interests are in developing more knowledge about people, social problems, and potential interventions. I am strongly motivated by concerns for social justice. Right after undergraduate studies, I was a community organizer for a year, and then a Peace Corps Volunteer living for two years in the at-the-time remote Upper East Region of Ghana, and doing community development work, both in English, and in the local language Kusaal. These early experiences have been the source of commitments to social justice, and to developing an evidence base for practice, that continue in my work today.
>My core intellectual interest is the way in which parenting behaviors, like the use of physical punishment, or parental expressions of emotional warmth, have an effect on child outcomes like aggression, antisocial behavior, anxiety and depression and children’s thinking about violence.
yeah, sounds like he started about this without any bias, right?
>>
ITT: people without kids who want to seem tough. Yeah, real tough when you smack a kid around who can't defend themselves and then live in fear of you, and will never respect you.
>>
>>72172922
>Sociopath" is an anti-white slur.
holy shit you are beyond retarded. Sociopath is literally just a term used for people with no emotion.

Are you pretending to be retarded right now?

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/features/sociopath-psychopath-difference

Most sociopaths are not white you inbred
>>
>Sociologists trying to stay relevant
>>
>>72172923
Why do you want to spank? Why do you think its a bad idea not to work with a child and treat the emotion instead of being caught up in the situation?
>>
>>72171920
This...

and

>>72171119
this...

Having empathy means that hurting others is like hurting yourself, it's a mechanism to teach you to be respectful of other people. People who aren't capable of causing others to suffer are engaged their entire life with negotiating with others from an early age and quickly get used to crafting win/win situations that don't require intimidation/threats/violence.

Creating those situations requires logic, reasoning and practice. Look at people such as David D Friedman, he talks about how costly violence is in economics in general, it's the single worst way to solve problems. Violent people aren't wealthy people or happy people, they're people who are frustrated they can never get what they want and have to resort to stressful situations, any wealth they acquire is temporary at best.
>>
>>72172331
Agreed.

Beating a child w/o reason or w/o warning isn't healthy and nor is it good parenting.

Spanking should be used sparingly. I see a great purpose for it especially when a child engages in dangerous behavior like climbing a lawnmower or swimming in the pool by themselves. Children are at huge risks for accidents, drowning, falls, etc. It's better to teach them and spanking works when verbal redirection fails. Once spanked I can guarantee they most likely won't do whatever again.
>>
>>72173185

most sociopaths are of low IQ, which is why you see more in the black and latino communities
>>
>>72168068
>got spanked three times in my life
>Learned after the third spanking that I could just lie all the time and never get hit again

Spanking really is just nigger tier behavior anon and you know it. All past generations are pieces of shit who lied, fought, fucked, and did stupid shit too. Your dumb grandmother from the 40's ate cum just like girls now. Quit thinking the world was great "back in the day"
>>
>Once spanked I can guarantee they most likely won't do whatever again

>guarantee
>most likely

pick one. and thats the problem.

When you teach children that violence isnt the answer, they have a sense of self esteem that can grow without the fear of violence and shame. They won't be afraid to fail, which means they can soar.
>>
>>72173070
>ITT: people without kids who want to seem tough.

You seem to forget Anon, every person at some point in their life was a kid. Many had parents that as part of the punishment they would use would sometimes spank their kids.

What you see are these same kids, now adults telling you, hey spanking isn't necessarily a bad thing, it helped me learn my boundaries as kid and now I'm a good, functioning adult contributing to society.

What you won't see are people in this thread saying I never spanked my kids and the fact they turned out to not understand that there are consequences to their actions, engaged in destructive behavior and became emotionally manipulative adults might be linked to my not spanking them as children. You won't see that because it is the hardest thing for any parent to do, to admit they messed up.
>>
>>72173823
>When you teach children that violence isnt the answer, they have a sense of self esteem that can grow without the fear of violence and shame. They won't be afraid to fail, which means they can soar.

Holy fuck what a load of shit. It like you distilled every sappy movie and TV show from the last 30 years and shat it out on the keyboard.
>>
I never hit my stepson Darnell and he's turned out to be a perfectly respectable gentleman who respects women and doesn't commit crimes.
>>
>>72174439
>I'm a good, functioning adult contributing to society.
>4chan
pick 1
even on /pol/ most people are autistic NEETs who just pretend to not be jobless
>>
>>72174439
>I was spanked and I turned out fine
>I had a pit bull and it didn't kill anyone
>I knew a black guy and he didn't steal anything
>I smoke weed and I have an okay job

keep stacking up the bullshit, it doesn't make it true. Did you even read the article? We are trying to do LESS harm to people, not risking harm because a method works. That's like treating a teething baby with whisky you fuck brain
>>
>>72174745
You think the great leaders and people who are high achievers in society came from homes were they got smacked around? Fucking imbecile. The truth is that kids DONT LEARN from being smacked, they only learn to FEAR the adult they are stuck living with. Do you think youth group homes are full of parents who took the time to talk and explain to them? pure idiocy on your part. bet you don't even have kids.
>>
>>72174941
>pick 1
>even on /pol/ most people are autistic NEETs who just pretend to not be jobless
Nah man. I got my education, stayed out of trouble, went to law school, passed the bar, and I am currently a practicing attorney.

/pol/ has wider appeal than you think.
>>
Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell" (Proverbs 23:13-14)
>>
>>72175442
>and I am currently a practicing attorney.
post a screencap with timestamp of your license to practice law with the named blocked out or kill yourself for being a faggot
>>
I dont really know if smacking is good or not since when I was a kid negative reinforcment just made me go even more ballistic to point where I cant feel pain if Im angry anymore.
>>
>>72175243
>You think the great leaders and people who are high achievers in society came from homes were they got smacked around? Fucking imbecile.

Why can you only think in binaries? Including spanking in your toolbox of punishment as a parent doesn't mean you do that all the time. I was spanked occasionally as a child. Most often when I was punished I was grounded.

Being spanked occasionally is not the same as Dad coming home and beating you with a belt buckle because you got shitty grades.

In fact when it came to grades, my parents gave me a reward for good grades coming report card time. If I recall correctly it was $1 for every A, 50 cents for every B, nothing for C, and lost money for D and F.

Being a good parent means using the appropriate parental tool for each child and each specific instance. I firmly believe that there are some children at some instances that need a spanking to learn not to misbehave in that particular manner. I do not want the culture to change so that parents lose that tool.
>>
File: hahahahahahaaaaa_fuck_librls.jpg (85 KB, 600x867) Image search: [Google]
hahahahahahaaaaa_fuck_librls.jpg
85 KB, 600x867
>>72172805
>Underrated Post.
>>
>>72166446
t.childless
>>
>>72175579
Sure thing, give me a minute. Rachel Dratch is Hot.
>>
>>72166446
Empathy is a form of weakness my dood
>>
>>72161280
Has no one here noted the obvious?
>the more children are spanked the more they defy their parents
Seems more likely to me that they get spanked BECAUSE they're genetically predispositioned to misbehave.
>>
>>72175243

Get it in your head that most people in this thread who are okay with spanking believe that it should be (1) spanking should only be considered with the knowledge of the consequences of malpractice and frequent sessions (2) spankings should be given in certain situations in which the actions of the child could cause them harm or their behavior is outright insubordination for parental authority (2) spankings should be given when a child can handle it (not a toddler) and when they should know better after being told no several times (3) spanking is the last punishment after all other parenting strategies have been tried, including seeking a behavior problem caused by mental illness or relationships (4) spanking should be administered after a warning to the child (5) a spanking should be open-handed and on the bottom (6) only several spanks should be given at one given time (7) spanking is down without anger and is done with full control of the parent's emotions (8) after the spanking the child is told why they were spanked (9) the child knows without a doubt the parent loves them and only wants the best for them. The one is important. If a child has a good relationship with the parent then they won't become another statistic of spanking. A good parent will only use spanking as the last resort.

Name me a study that says even after all of this spanking is still bad. If you say that this is too specific, that's the point. Spanking, when done right, when done with understanding for the child, when done with knowing these studies that say that *frequent* spankings is harmful, is okay. It's not spanking itself. It's how it's administered. Most parents so happened to abuse their parental authority. Proper education would mitigate the spanking problem.
>>
>>72170651
>>72162418
Jesus Christ, what is wrong with you depraved bastards, fuck you guys,
>>
>>72161280
If you have to hit your children for any reason, you really shouldn't have any. Help us all out and just end your bloodline.
>>
>>72175970
>appropriate parental tool for each child and each specific instance

Right on. It's sad to say that not all children are the blank slate as we wish them to be. Some children will be more rowdy than others and may need firmer discipline.
>>
File: pol proof.jpg (178 KB, 756x1008) Image search: [Google]
pol proof.jpg
178 KB, 756x1008
>>72175579
>>72176526

Here you are, my syrupy friend.
>>
>>72177385
>It's sad to say that not all children are the blank slate as we wish them to be.
then you have shit genes and shouldnt have children in the first place.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.