[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is gold a scam?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9
File: gold-01.jpg (122 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
gold-01.jpg
122 KB, 630x420
>>
Anything can be a scam. But I don't think banks, countries, and rich people would horde it the way they do if it were worthless, if that's what you're asking.
>>
>>72142694
Considering the jews own it all. YEP
Bitcoin bitchez.
https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/bitfinex/btcusd
>>
not a scam per se but schlmo knows how to profit from selling it to gullible retards. it's a commodity with limited uses in electronics and jewelry + a huge amount of mythology, even cult-ism around it.
>>
>>72142694
no, gold is a metal
>>
>>72142694
it's the biggest scam in the history of civilization
>>
>>72144077
You're just mad the white man came and took yours.
>>
File: 1454965692477.png (120 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1454965692477.png
120 KB, 500x374
>>72143258
>>
>>72142694
no
>>
>>72142935
>falling for the cryptojew
>>
>>72142694
Gold is a rare element that has always been valued throughout human history.
Because of this constant value it's value is very stable in comparison to just about anything else that may suffer from a fluctuation in value including currency.
It is also a efficient means of holding wealth since a small amount of gold can hold great value that takes up less room and weighs less than a equivalent value in currency or other resources.
>>
>>72145604
This. Gold will always be valuable. When SHTF enjoy your paper fiat currency.
>>
Gold takes a certain effort to dig out of the ground. The exchangevalue of gold is derived from the cost of extracting it.
It has served the purpose of money for millenia due to its unique qualities.
It is easily divided.
Gold is a natural element so any amount of gold is equal to any other.
It doesnt degrade with time.
It is easy to carry with you. A small weight is very valuable.
It is uncommon.

Compared to fiatmoney whose value is derived from the amount in existance, monetary velocity and the production in the country of origin.
Fiat money doesnt contain any intrinsic value. And the central banks of the world are printing away as we speak.
>>
>>72145885
You can't eat gold, have fun with worthless metal, food, water, and ammo will be currency
>>
>>72146275
>food water and ammo
Oh this meme again...gold doesn't have a limited life span.
>>
>>72146275
Food is perishable, water can be easily lost (and found) so they hold little value.
Ammo is useful but are a niche item, have greatly fluctuating value are useless once used and are heavy in the quantity that would be required to be of comparable value to gold.
Gold's value is not entirely in it's utility it's in it's rarity, people valued gold long before it's uses were ever known.
>>
>>72142694

It's still poor investment vehicle. It doesn't produce dividends and it won't grow, only fluctuate in value depending on how scared the world economy is. Owning some isn't terrible, but it's not some magical get out of inflation free card.
>>
>>72144077
Why is every post with a Mexican or Brazilian flag always the/one of the most retarded posts on the thread?
I mean, the confidence that you show in this response in which you're basically stating an opinion that you just made up on the spot without even thinking is staggering, even more when read with a cheap beaner accent, which you probably have.
If someone asked you "What do you think is the biggest scam in the world", I bet all the money you don't have that you never would have said "El goldo", you fucking buffoon.
Just be stupid AND silent next time.
>>
>>72144224

kek

underrated post.

OP: Gold is not a scam, no more than any other tradeable commodity.

Look at Bitcoin and e-currency. It's this air. Yet it has value. Gold has a value, and like everything that value is controlled and manipulated.

Is it still a solid investment. Yes, for now, but there no more guarantee in it that in anything else.
>>
>>72144224
Spaniards take gold, con Trabajo taking gold, sin Trabajo with gold
>>
>>72146849
> investment vehicle
Gold is wealth transference and stability you dupe. It was never a get rich scheme, it's small holdings of great wealth. The fact that you even made this statement slows that you are one of the problems behind changing the meaning of wealth. A portfolio and massive stock holdings do no good when companies go under ala ENRON style or the digital idiot zeroes everything with confiscation. Good luck cashing that all out when you need it.
>>
File: 1461522461759.jpg (121 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1461522461759.jpg
121 KB, 600x900
>>72142694
You can't eat it.
You can't plant it.
You can't make shit with it.
It's not used in any chemical or industrial process.

Oh it's shiny.

Fucking Jew metal
>>
>>72142694

>Invest your paper with pictures in shiny metal, oooooo

It's all a scam, but hey, if it works it works.
>>
>>72145029
>>72142935
if enough people fall for a scam, there will be a market to make a profit.
>tfw holding $1 in Bitcoin
>>
File: gold.jpg (553 KB, 1592x1040) Image search: [Google]
gold.jpg
553 KB, 1592x1040
>>72142694
By scam you mean the hollowed bricks filled with tungsten? Then yes.
>>
>>72145931
Im a killer and i say all gold is not equal.. .
>>
>>72142819
its not really useful for anything
>>
File: IMG-20160420-WA0013.jpg (10 KB, 183x276) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160420-WA0013.jpg
10 KB, 183x276
Yes OP it is. You see, anything in life that is purchased solely for the novelty of its value is useless to us, nomatter how important it may seem or how we believe it may affect others' opinions of us.

Even if you live to a ripe old age like 90, that's still not THAT long in the grand scheme of things. What use is a bunch of shiny rocks when you could afford a nice house, a nice car and everything you need to live and enjoy yourself with the money that the gold is worth.
>>
File: 1402863133174.jpg (110 KB, 497x640) Image search: [Google]
1402863133174.jpg
110 KB, 497x640
>>72146275
>poorfag perspective
>>
File: NO ANYWHERE BUT THERE.jpg (62 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
NO ANYWHERE BUT THERE.jpg
62 KB, 720x480
>>72147867
t. retard with no idea how economy works.

Let's say Netherlands gets invaded by Germany or fucking Japanese, take your pick.
You have a lot of food, and some guy is asking you to sell it to him, he's offering you 50 trillion gorillion dutchmoneys (let's assume it's NOT euro for sake of this argument), or 1 kilogram gold bar.

Assuming Netherland's existence is under a question mark, which will be more profitable for you in the future: 50 trillion gorillion dutchmoneys, which will probably be worthless as soon as weedland is wiped off the map, or a gold bar, which would require a global economic collapse for it to become worthless?
>>
>>72147800
>You can't make shit with it.
well computers and electronics use gold
>>
File: metal merchant.jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
metal merchant.jpg
10 KB, 259x194
>>72142694

DOLLAR IS COLLAPSING TOMORROW!

GOLD IS GOING TO $5,000!

QUICK, GOYIM, BUY GOLD FROM MY SPONSORS BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

(please... I need money to put my grandson through yeshiva)
>>
>>72148179
Its not useful, but its rare so it makes good currency. Its also shiny.
>>
>>72150787
>QUICK, GOYIM, BUY GOLD FROM MY SPONSORS BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

His company sells gold.
>>
yes

Gold is worth nothing when you actually look at it's uses.

Let's say we live in a post-catastrophic event where the economy collapsed, like some weird Alex Jones fan-fiction. If you have a truckload of gold, and you meet somebody with a truckload of food, what do you think is worth more? If you say no to the food, good luck living by eating blocks of gold.

Literally the only reason gold is as "valuable" as it is, is because it's shiny and malleable.

If you're prep'ing for some doomsday event, you are far better off stocking up on things that'll actually help you, not gold. It's worthless and won't keep you alive.
>>
>>72151061
History suggests otherwise; gold tends to remain pretty tradable. However, you are correct in that the first priority is to stock up on things that will actually help you.
>>
>>72142694
buy some gold, then try to sell it a it's "market value" at the local cash for gold shop, the results should tell you all you need to know
>>
i've purchased about $15,000 in gold over the last few years

have i made a mistake?
>>
>>72151809
no...hold and trade as needed
>>
>>72151916
what do you mean trade.. you mean time the market, or trade it in when i need something?
>>
>>72142694
Yes and no.
Gold retains it's worth better than currency because it does not really suffer from inflation so in that sense it's not bad idea to invest on.

However, gold's value still is only as much as is perceived by the buyers.
>>
>>72152085
>trade it in
You don't want to go to some sort of gold dealer, you will get ripped off. Trade it for things of equal value. If you are shrewd you will do well because people love gold.
>>
>>72146275
Food can be grown, Water can be purified and Ammo can be made.
Producing more gold is a bit more difficult.

True, it is a tool for trade mostly, so without trade nor the ability to utilise it, gold is fairly worthless.
However, trade is fairly resilient
>>
>>72148179

gold has some surprising tech applications, we'll probably see some increasingly high tech uses for it that can't be replicated by other metals
>>
File: feelsgoodmang.jpg (43 KB, 357x403) Image search: [Google]
feelsgoodmang.jpg
43 KB, 357x403
>>72143258
Kraut got a kek out of me, odd times.
>>
>>72142694

Gold is uncommonly rare, forged in the death of a star. The heaviest of elements are only created in the first few nano-seconds after a star goes Super Nova.

Being so uncommon merits its worth. Terrestrially speaking it's very very very uncommon and has been treasured for thousands and thousands of years due to its "super natural" ability to remain tarnish/rust free seemingly forever without any intervention or maintenance.

It's also very beautiful. I enjoy the coloring and natural aesthetics of gold very much. Platinum is also a very rare heavy element but I do not like its color very much. As far as it "being a scam" powerful people control the value of gold, yes.
>>
>>72142694
Does gold have memtic properties? I found some bits of what was probably a ring in a garden bed and felt a sense of covetousness that I don't think I've felt before, instead of thanking God for the small luck my first thought was 'Wow, I know why people would massacre continents for this'
>>
It's not a scam but it's not the best option

Stock up in reloading supplies instead
>>
>>72154617

Smeagol please go
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.