[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
be in libertarian society >leaving neighborhood >get stopped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 32
File: lobertarinFD.png (270 KB, 636x398) Image search: [Google]
lobertarinFD.png
270 KB, 636x398
be in libertarian society

>leaving neighborhood
>get stopped at toll booth
>roll down window to hand road subscription card 2 teller
>"Sorry sir this is expired"
>ask "can i renew it now?"
>"nope must be renewed at the office"
>only way to access Roads Inc. is by using their roads
>"can you just let me go this time? I'll renew it right away before I go to work"
>teller "sorry my contract says i cant allow anyone on without a subscription"
>me "i signed a contract to be at work by 8am everyday"
>teller "cant do anything for you my contract has me working 4am-4pm sir
>go home

2 hours later
>hears knock on door
>door gets broken down
>"what the fuck thats breaking and entering my home"
>sees security officers from companies private police force
>Officer says "In your contract that you signed we are allowed to enter your home if you dont show up to work"
>"i have the right to defend myself"
>go for my gun
>"He's violating clause 456E Section 27 Article 18 Revision 7! He signed the contract 5 days ago!"
>get shot

at least I was free from government right?
>>
>>72142528
>be in libertarian society

You have no idea what a libertarian society means.
>>
File: image.png (200 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
image.png
200 KB, 2000x1333
>A for profit business in a competitive market will treat its customers worse than a government agency like the DMV

When will this meme die?
>>
>the libertarianism = anarchism meme

exhausting
>>
>>72142528
Roads Inc. Wouldn't be in business due to being shit in a competitive society.

Check mate.
>>
actually you'd just drive on and the infrared camera would capture your license plate number, and the bill's paid automatically by ACH debit -- all things that the free market gave you already. we have this system in texas.

and you don't because you live in an oppressive state.

/thread
>>
>>72142998

why try to be good when everyone is forced to buy from you
>>
>>72143067
So in a libertarian society the free market ceases to exist?

K.
>>
>>72143067
Because there are competitors because governments actually perpetuate and enable monopolies
>>
>>72142834
When for profit companies stop treating people like shit, I've never had a bad experience at the dmv no matter how many memes I've read or comedians ask what is wrong with the dmv, meanwhile I feel like I've been raped in the ass every time I try and call my healthcare provider, call my bank, or God forbid call my ISP.
>>
>>72142528
All of the above + nth for that pic is fucking retarded
limited government tasks =/= ill equipped government
in fact its quite the opposite, when you dont have to care for shit private industries can take care of, you can focus much better on your actual tasks, like the firebrigade etc
>>
>>72143187
Then take your business elsewhere.

FREE

MARKET
>>
>>72142528
>this is actually the perception of libertarian society in USA
Your country is doomed.
>>
>>72143334

Can't get on the roads to take business elsewhere
>>
>>72143187

Ironically enough, you've listed three of the most heavily regulated industries in the U.S.
>>
>>72143334
He can't except for the bank most likely due to the state setting up monopolies in certain industries. ie healthcare where there are set providers and plans in each state and you cannot shop against state lines.
>>
>>72143067
That's crony capitalism. Our current.system. it allows companies to buy off policy makers and bureaucrats. Creating regulations of the sort that large companies can easily.handle (and wrote) but smaller/newer.competitors cannot handle. The environment was made in such a way that only the largest can survive. Perpetuating their stranglehold on the market. Free market can be best described as seperation of church and.state.
>>
>>72143776
Lol and all of these problems would be solved in a libertarian 'utopia'. State monopolies and state regulations wouldn't exist m8
>>
>>72144044
I know. He apparently was unable to comprehend that.
>>
>>72143334
>>72143187
>>72143776
oligopoly. there is no free market in these sectors. it is a ruse. the big players own the legislature.
>>
>>72143956

>implying no regulations make companies give more of a shit
>>
>>72142528
Ummm rfid systems and plate recognition already exist for toll roads. They work great. They automatically replenish funds when you run low. And even the most cronyized companies wouldn't have that level of bureaucracy. Bureaucracy is expensive.
>>
>>72142528
>voluntarily use road company with insane amounts of red tape bullshit
>voluntarily sign contract allowing armed men to break into your home
>wonder why you're tied up in red tape and armed men are kicking your door down
So basically, you hate libertarians because you know you're incapable of making informed decisions like an adult. Way to fight the stereotypes there.
>>
>>72143168
Fuck off. Governments always stop monopolies. For the Channel Crossing the French government forced the company to sell half the ownership of the station so that they couldnt have monoply. Free Market doesn't work, it's a bigge mem than planned economies.
>>
File: 1457754649513.png (255 KB, 456x442) Image search: [Google]
1457754649513.png
255 KB, 456x442
>>72142528

Sounds good. A bit of natural selection never hurt anyone.
>>
>>72142528
>no firefighters in a libertarian society

Why do you think this?
>>
File: 1457224031528.jpg (66 KB, 638x647) Image search: [Google]
1457224031528.jpg
66 KB, 638x647
>>72144389
>Governments always stop monopolies
thats the biggest bullshit i heard all day
>>
File: youre not goy enough for potus.png (574 KB, 631x771) Image search: [Google]
youre not goy enough for potus.png
574 KB, 631x771
>>72144445
>ywn buy recreational nukes with kindergarten smack sales

Why didn't I stop it?
>>
>>72143334
And what if "elsewhere" is just as bad? Should you switch your banks/ISPs every month hoping that you will eventually be blessed with not so shitty one (which is not guaranteed)?
>>
>>72143187
>When for profit companies stop treating people like shit

grocerie stores are almost at a stage where they have an employee handing you your food bud.

If you feel fcked it's because you don't understand anything
>>
>>72144389
Governments "stop" monopolies that don't lobby to them enough.
>>
>>72144523
>thats the biggest bullshit i heard all day
Did you just hop on /pol/ :^)
>>
>>72144389

>Someone had a monopoly on boats.

That is impossible. Are you sure you understand what a monopoly is, because it is not as simple as having 100% marketshare. When anyone with a boat can but in on your channel crossing business, you can't charge monopoly prices even if currently everyone is buying from you.
>>
>>72144264
>Was actually implying that over regulation is designed by large corps to muscle out competition
nice misrepresentation tho.
also I am not a libertarian or anarcho-fucktard. I just know from vast amounts of personal experience the government sucks at doing almost everything it touches. This is inherent in the system.
>>
>>72144507

FD funded by taxes. Libertarians hate taxes so you would have to buy a subscription to a fire department if you wanted one
>>
>>72142528

>a for profit company would make it pointlessly difficult for customers to give them money.

Yes, that's exactly what would happen.
>>
File: stefan3.jpg (20 KB, 804x446) Image search: [Google]
stefan3.jpg
20 KB, 804x446
>>72143187
>healthcare provider, call my bank, or God forbid call my ISP.
3 industries that are incredibly reliant on government handouts treat you poorly, therefore free markets are bad?
>>
Remind that the Internet wouldn't exist without government.
>>
>>72143187
DMV mixed here
ISP holy fuck me they suck
Healthcare: yes on providers no on insurer (they are quite excellent)
Bank: almost never talk to them but the few experiences were pleasant
>>
>>72144836

And this means few people would buy a fire department subscription? Homeowners at that?
>>
>>72143334
>be Canadian
>have choice between two major telecom companies, Rogers and Bell
>both are equally shit
>both collude and price fix to screw the consumer
>no alternative because these companies are so powerful they just crush competition

and it's like this in most industries.

>Healthcare providers collude
>Insurance in general colludes
>Oil companies collude
>Telecoms collude
>Agriculture colludes

It never ends
>>
>>72145032
>nobody would research anything related to networks unless for state defense

you what
>>
>>72143208
Agreed. I am fine with gubmint police jail and fire/ems
>>
>>72145032
Reminder that modern civilization wouldn't exist without government

It's not coincidence that all successful societies have a hierarchical society, rather than just

>LOL MUH FREEDUMBS NO GODS NO MASTERS
>>
>live in libertarian utopia
>finally find a job that pays more than 5 dollars an hour
>working 16 hour shifts 7 days a week
>employer takes out a life insurance policy on me
>stages an accident that kills me so they can cash out on the policy
>find more people desperate for jobs to do the same thing over and over again

t-thanks rand paul ...
>>
>>72144384
I believe SP addressed the whole read contracts thing
>>
>>72145161
>>both are equally shit
>>both collude and price fix to screw the consumer
>>no alternative because these companies are so powerful they just crush competition
they're allowed to do that because of the CRTC and there's good competition in all their fields except internet
>>
>>72144638
Eventually someone will offer good service, he will become better known, and people will choose him. Then, the others will have to up their game or get back to obscurity.

Biology is a bitch, ain't she? Competition and shit.
>>
>>72145347

This is another possibility
>>
>>72142528
You're dumb as fuck.
>>
>>72145476
>there's good competition in cellular services

okay
>>
>>72145693
>what are Telus and Koodo
>>
>>72144709
It was the monopoly on the eurotunnel train, only one company had control of it at one point so they had to tell half their shares.
>>
>>72145736
Telus also colludes and koodo is owned by Telus you absolute retard
>>
>>72143187
>meanwhile I feel like I've been raped in the ass every time I try and call my healthcare provider, call my bank, or God forbid call my ISP.

You mean the industries the government interferes with the most?
>>
>>72143334
>implying it's a free market when my business provides my healthcare
>implying ISP choice resembles a free market when consolidation and noncompete bullshit results in effective monopolies everywhere
>implying every bank isn't the same because the financial sector is a homogeneous shitscape
Sure anon, free market, the thing that doesn't exist except in the minds of masturbating libertarians.
>>
>>72143753
And when regulations stop being written with heavy industry collision I'll pretend that it means anything.
>>
File: 1461464901018.jpg (58 KB, 580x679) Image search: [Google]
1461464901018.jpg
58 KB, 580x679
>>72142834
> implying you've ever had a worse experience at the DMV than trying to deal with a cable company

I'd rather reregister my truck and change my address once a month for a year than ever have to deal with Mediacom or ATT again.
>>
File: 1380792.jpg (56 KB, 660x495) Image search: [Google]
1380792.jpg
56 KB, 660x495
>>72144445
>recreational nukes
>>
File: 1447856841807.gif (3 MB, 186x186) Image search: [Google]
1447856841807.gif
3 MB, 186x186
>>72143042

> saying this
> /thread own post
> texas
>>
>>72144638

The more unfulfilled demand there is, the more incentive and reward there is for a person with the know-how to create a more competitive service.

Even faced with a total private monopoly or a cartel, the consumer is better off than under a government monopoly since he still has the ability to ration and look for economic replacements.
>>
File: lolbertarians.jpg (103 KB, 600x429) Image search: [Google]
lolbertarians.jpg
103 KB, 600x429
Who would build roads you stupid reptilians?
>>
>>72145646

This is what would happen if lobertarians took over
>>
>>72145657

This is this would happen if lobertarians had their way
>>
>>72146890
Libertarian. I keked
>>
>>72146361
And yet the cable company has a monopoly due to government regulations....it's almost like having a monopoly makes you care less.
>>
>>72147869
>due to government regulations.
top kek. the low population density of the US makes it virtually impossible to invest in the infrastructure necessary to run a viable isp.

what if I told you not all monopolies are due to government?

I think the UK came up with the best solution to this problem, which is it created a law that forces larger companies to share their infrastructure with smaller ones.
>>
File: 1461642960587.jpg (49 KB, 500x436) Image search: [Google]
1461642960587.jpg
49 KB, 500x436
Bernie Sanders cuckmunism society

>walk outside on my way to work
>niglets playing in the public yard cursing and calling me a bitch
>make it to the community train station late because lazy bus driver spent 15 minutes stopped at his baby mommas public housing unit arguing over some nigger shit
>cars were banned 3 years ago because muh priviledge and muh climate change
>at train station some nigger ask if I can share my ration of train rides with him cause he "broke n shit rite now"
>politely tell him no because I need them for this weekend
>undercover community peace officer over hears me
>flashes badge at me and tells me to give him my ID and train Card
>tell him im sorry but he says "too late"
>swipes my train card and sees I have 3 rides left
>begins writing me a ticket for "priviledge denial"
>holds my train card till train arrives at which point he swipes it twice one for me and one for the nigger
>nigger says "thanks" to the cop while shaking his head in disapproval of me
>cop hands me ticket and card back
>tells me that I should be more caring of others needs
>cry all the way to work
>>
>>72149546

>the low population density of the US makes it virtually impossible to invest in the infrastructure necessary to run a viable isp.

We have states more populated and more dense than your entire country. What are you blithering about? Obviously no one ISP is going to string line across the great plains -- just like they wouldn't string line across Siberia -- but you can't just lump the entire U.S. together.

As for the people living in actually less populated regions, tough for them. If I lived in the Alaskan wilderness, I would have no right to force city dwellers to subsidize my internet.
>>
It's another "all libertarians are anarchists" thread.
>>
>>72144389
99% of all monopolies are created with government help and stay monopolies with government help. Do they even teach Adam Smith in the UK anymore or is it all sharia now?
>>
>>72142998
roads cant be built everywhere, you know
if someone owns the only road to a path and has a 100 dollar toll, you're fucked
>>
>>72152460
Its probably all Nash equilibrium and Keynes with cultural marxism splashed on top
>>
>>72142528
>libertarian fire department

you know most fire departments are in fact all volunteer based
>>
>>72152652

>you're fucked

Unless there are other means of transportation.

A company/individual may own the supply of the good "road that takes you from A to B". But what if there are other goods, capable of being supplied, like "air access to B", or "water access to B"? I would say these goods can be perfectly supplied in the free market, and hence the concept of "monopoly price" is not that well defined.
>>
>>72151035
but regardless there are cables that run through the great plains, and there are people who own those cables and it is up to those people to decide to let you use their cables, other companies can easily maintain their monopolies by paying off said owners to not allowing certain isps.
>>
>>72150855
>cars were banned 3 years ago because muh priviledge and muh climate change
slippery slope much?
>>
How do you deal with natural monopolies in this society, then?

Or monopolies that exist when the barriers to enter a market become too high for the free market to overcome, as in power generation or rail transport?
>>
>>72142528

>libertarianism and ancap are the same thing

I want this meme to end right now. All of the things you mentioned are basic services that would be provided in a libertarian society.
>>
>>72153385

In a free market, what would prevent other cable companies from emerging?
>>
>>72153226
I would buy 1m of road around every hospital and charge 100 usd toll to pass.
>>
>>72153583
Not as bad as OP, some hardcore leftist actually want everyone to ride trains to work and shit
>>
>>72153997
No one would sell you a meter of road you idiot
>>
File: libertarian-lifeguards.jpg (36 KB, 500x336) Image search: [Google]
libertarian-lifeguards.jpg
36 KB, 500x336
>>
>>72152460
t. 60% white
>>
>>72145347

>I need government to force businesses to give me a job and pay me more than I'm worth because I'm a failure at life that has no desirable skills

Sounds like you have bigger problems than libertarians
>>
File: tumblr_nj46qe3mY81qexjbwo1_500.jpg (93 KB, 500x423) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nj46qe3mY81qexjbwo1_500.jpg
93 KB, 500x423
>>72154253
>idiot
>>
>>72153385

And there is _no one_ running a cable to my Alaskan wilderness. A single company owning the sole cable ran across the great plains is a boon to society, not a monopoly situation. They are not stopping other people from running cable.
>>
File: libertarians.jpg (30 KB, 720x597) Image search: [Google]
libertarians.jpg
30 KB, 720x597
>>72154554
>60% white
>>
>>72154253
I will create a paramilitary group post them around a hospital and charge a 100 usd toll and proclaim those roads to be mine, hehehehe hell I will resort to some shit like extortion or corporate raiding to gain control of the hospital who will oppose me under said conditions.

if people are unwilling to sell you shit there are plenty of ways to "persuade" them
>>
>>72154660
Its true why woul they sell you a piece of their road so you can make their road un useable think about, im not even for private roads, I prefer my roads public but you commies make sone really stupid arguments against them
>>
File: libertarian-fishing.jpg (32 KB, 900x293) Image search: [Google]
libertarian-fishing.jpg
32 KB, 900x293
>>72154732
>no one_ running a cable to my Alaskan wilderness
>>
>>72155014
>if people are unwilling to sell you shit there are plenty of ways to "persuade" them

So you're a libertarian then, if you are against the government using force to get us to buy or sell things.
>>
>>72142528
Road infrastructure has never been handled by the federal government. Nor has fire departments, EMS, or most police forces.
>>
>>72155014
Lmao so youd basically turn into a modern day crony government? Lmao way to logic bernie fags
>>
File: libertarian pd.png (317 KB, 1348x1243) Image search: [Google]
libertarian pd.png
317 KB, 1348x1243
>>
>>72155014

You'll need a lot of money and resources to build those roads and pay the salaries of your paramilitary. You'll bleed money if nobody uses your roads, and if you bleed enough your paramilitary will simply leave you.
>>
File: libertarian-utopia.jpg (125 KB, 1000x740) Image search: [Google]
libertarian-utopia.jpg
125 KB, 1000x740
>>72155112
>why woul they sell you a piece of their road
>>
>>72155344
see
>>72155319
>>
>>72155467
see
>>72155319
>>
>>72143187

Honestly a lot of businesses are so far from 'competitive' these days that the pendulum has swung the opposite way, the DMV at least makes an effort because they don't have 'muh free market' excuse.
>>
File: libertarian wishes.gif (103 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
libertarian wishes.gif
103 KB, 500x334
>>72155363
>your paramilitary will simply leave you.
>>
File: 1449698746515.jpg (95 KB, 724x435) Image search: [Google]
1449698746515.jpg
95 KB, 724x435
>>72154554
I don't mind you couldn't refute my argument Nigel I know you're unable to
>>
>>72155467
Private hospitals never turn you down when dying of a medical emergency so please stop setting up strawmen
>>
>>72155344
>Nobody move unless you want to
Everytime
>>
File: 9209292_f520.jpg (177 KB, 1040x780) Image search: [Google]
9209292_f520.jpg
177 KB, 1040x780
>>72155610
>>
File: 1460846173552.jpg (25 KB, 750x499) Image search: [Google]
1460846173552.jpg
25 KB, 750x499
>>
>>72155854
Wtf seriously your advocating for taxes on religion. Damn you should be taken out back and shot in the head.>>72155869
>>
>>72154732
yes and this is where the population density thing becomes a problem if each isp has to run a cable from newyork to california you could see why this would be a problem.
>>72155271
I think the government is a necessary organization for it more or less abides by rules it set out. it also allows the populace influence it to create other rules if need be. other organizations are not as benevolent,especially if you let them roam free and not have the government have a thumb up their ass.
>>
statalists are really delusional and can't think outside the box, at all, they're mentally handicaped, completly

like there wouldn't be any service like firemans, lmao

without the state people would stop demanding them, you guess
>>
>>72156192

What prevents me from using the government to create rules that benefit my company?
>>
>>72154543
markets makes expensive and bad services

oh wait, it's exactly the opposite
>>
>>72156145
BUILD THE WALL PACO
>>
File: images (12).jpg (23 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
images (12).jpg
23 KB, 400x299
>>72156192
The government is benevolent? Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
File: likewhatyoulike.jpg (44 KB, 708x608) Image search: [Google]
likewhatyoulike.jpg
44 KB, 708x608
>>72155654
>>
>>72155363
this is true I remember in a debate with someone on the subject I calculated how much of a force comcast could create using 1/4 of its profits for 5 years and it is pretty big, there is no way mine would match, but the point remains: a libertarian society would just devolve into a society of feuding warlords.
>>
>>72156192

I'm not quite sure you understand how the internet works. If two countries can both have internet without a cable running between them, then the east and west coast can have internet access without stringing a cable across the entire country.

We even have these amazing things called satellites.
>>
>>72144227
>implying oligopolies wouldn't exist without the government
>>
>>72149546
I have a 1000/1000 connection and there's three different gigabit fiber providers here. I think I live in the best region for Internet in the US.

It really just depends where you live.
>>
>>72156608
I said it is benevolent relatively speaking, that is tame compared to most of the shit warlords do.
>>
File: libimage.jpg (104 KB, 1024x669) Image search: [Google]
libimage.jpg
104 KB, 1024x669
>>72155832
>>
>>72156192
>people are not benevolent if left to roam free
>but if we give the people in the government more power they will make people act more benevolent because the government is run by truly benevolent people that are different than the common people outside the government
>>
>>72145161
I work in insurance in the states. They all are very competitive with their rates.
>>
>>72142528
>nope must be renewed at the office

Why would a for-profit business minimize the amount of service they can get?

What a terrible business model. You would want to sell road subscriptions to people who need to travel right now and buy a long subscription on impulse.
>>
File: Juden.jpg (114 KB, 402x482) Image search: [Google]
Juden.jpg
114 KB, 402x482
With Jews you lose
>>
>>72156947
You want the world to behave something like this post >>72150855
>>
>>72145983
if you think big government is the reason for ISP oligopolies, you're a retard. Whoever owns the cables has a significant advantage over someone who must lay new ones. This is the reason for their monopolistic behavior.
>>
>>72156761

We hope it won't. We can't actually say it won't. The USA of the founding fathers was probably the closest thing to a libertarian country, and look at the result. Unfortunately, the tendency of states is to grow.

Somalia is probably the closest thing to a current anarcho-capitalistic society, but it does not have the institutions that enforce the non-agression principle, like ancap theorists have detailed. Is it because of a violent culture? Maybe they haven't discovered yet that voluntary association is better than shooting your neighbor and stealing his shit. I can't really answer this.
>>
>>72157131
kek nice lie, Jew
>>
>>72143042
>implying all states don't have this on toll roads
retard detected
implying texas doesn't suck
>>
>>72142528
>bé libertarian
>own buggy/ 4x4/ anything off-roadable
Problem resolved
>>
>>72142834
I've never had a bad time with the DMV in my 15+ visits to the busiest DMVs in California.
The employees are polite, if tired sometimes, but they always have a system that they will walk you through to get help.

The only real problem with DMV is the waiting, and that is only because most offices are understaffed and overburdened.

These problems would continue to exist in a privatized DMV, because they'd ALSO be cutting corners and understaffed to meet a bottom line.
>>
>>72142528

>libertarians make it impossible to keep their gravy train going.

Ahhh go piss in that public shit hole they're digging in the middle of san fran. -a government plan mind you lol.
>>
>>72152460
>99% of all monopolies are created with government help and stay monopolies with government help
this is the lie that created the libertarian movement. You guys have rewritten history to suit your economic ideology.
>>
>>72157094
there is a reason why nations organize in republics instead of democracies, it is because republics(if done right) eliminate the human factor enough that the behavior of the government is not contingent on the people that make it up.
>>
>>72142998
In a libertarian society what prevents monopolies?
>>
>>72153865
the high costs incurred to build their own cables. ISPs are a classic monopoly.
>>
>>72157191
Exactly, even though im ok with public roads, OPs example so shit that even uf you are against private roads you cant help but see the stupidity in his arguement, he basically thinks that a business is ran like a bad unprofitable givernment bueracracy. IRL most business would have a way to pay as you go for their roads, I cant see them missing out on taking your money in OPs situtatio
>>
>>72157943

Competition and alliances.
>>
>>72157982

Why is a shithole like Romania the exception? Unless it's not really an exception?
>>
File: 1445363093586.png (1 MB, 1024x783) Image search: [Google]
1445363093586.png
1 MB, 1024x783
>>72142528
Well, thats correct.
Of course it starts like socialism. A little bit and so on... from day to day the privat part gets more restrictive until evey part of your live is controlled by law firms.

But hey, at least you are free from government

>>72143166
Yes. Its is the monopoly game. First there is competition and after a while there is only one left.
>>
File: smug.png (18 KB, 640x712) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
18 KB, 640x712
>>72158153

Because we're white and don't steal the cables.
>>
>>72157430
>non aggression in Somalia
how would these institutions look like? how would they work? I am genuinely curious.
>>
>>72157854
That requires checks and balances on the government and it requires the government to recognize 3 rights, life, liberty and the pursuit of property. Things you have a problem with
>>
>>72157469
they doo. I'm an insurance broker. They're always competing for our service.
>>
>>72142834
> profit business treat their customer well
When will this meme end ?
>>
>>72157629
>only real problem with DMV is the waiting
this is why you make an appointment. I've never had to wait more than 15 minutes with an appointment.
>>
>>72142647
First post best post
>>
>>72158457

You would pay private security agencies for the services of property protection, and maybe for the resolution of property disputes. There would be agencies competing.

If you infringed on the property of your neighbor, like for example cutting the trees on his property without his permission, your neighbor would sue you. If both of you were under the contract of Private Security Agency A, then A would act as arbitrator. If you were under the services of Agency A, and your neighbor under Agency B, then A and B would get C to arbitrate the dispute, instead of shooting it out.
>>
>>72158923
Stop with this private government shit, you are only aiding commie shills by claiming you are libertarian, just call yourself a feudalist
>>
>>72158923
ok lets assume I am a rich fuck what would stop me from bribing the arbiter?

what incentive does the arbiter have in being just? and do not say reputation. it would be obvious that these companies would organize territoriality simply because that would be most efficient.

I dont know I personally would trust the government more than some shady organizations to arbitrate disputes. for the government(if done right). would have codes of conducts called laws, while the said organizations operate on nothing more than whim.
>>
>>72159146

I'm only presenting the ancap point of view. I never said I was an ancap.
>>
be in natsoc society

>leaving neighborhood
>get stopped at military checkpoint
>roll down window to hand Reichspassport to officer
>"get out of the car, sir"
>ask "what?"
>"you've been reported for insulting the almighty Fuhrer, State, and Party"
>know this is an immediate death sentence
>push the pedal down and try to escape
>get shot
>>
>>72158485
I find that the US did it best by having separate and more or less independent branches of government that each control separate tasks. and keep tabs on each other.
>>
>>72142834
What the fuck are you talking about? Is someone just going to build a new road right next to it?
>>
>>72159945
Lmao your so delusional, what prevents you from bribing the government? You realize the government is not some godly entity that cannot be corrupted, thats why you need checks and balances and thats why the government should be prohibited from violating your natural rights, ie life,liberty and property
>>
>>72160178
>Fuhrer
>not looking out for his people

besides, why would you insult the Fuhrer?

would you insult your family? your self? the cells that make up your body? the earth?
>>
File: FUCKING BAIT.png (68 KB, 417x228) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING BAIT.png
68 KB, 417x228
>>72142528
>>
>>72160566
Kek
>>
>>72160409
the thing is it would take a lot more money to bribe people in the government and the government has mechanisms that stop bribing to an extent that is sufficient for the government to not be swayed the way an organization without those mechanisms would be swayed.

the main mechanism being separate branches of government that control each other.

but the sad fact is that the government must grow as organizations in society grow lest those organizations grow to an extent that they would be able to overpower the government.
>>
>>72160832

that's what natsocs actually believe
>>
>>72161539
I know thats why I laughed
>>
>>72159945

Actually, the ancap reply would be reputation. An arbitrator has to be chosen by both parties, meaning they both have to voluntarily agree to the arbitrator or there won't be an arbitration in the first place.
>>
>>72157379
Google has been begging for permission to lay new cable from the government, and is not allowed to.

Silicon valley has absolutely shit internet, because only the established ISPs are allowed to dig up the road.

You have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>72161421
>but the sad fact is that the government must grow as organizations in society grow lest those organizations grow to an extent that they would be able to overpower the government.

Wut? So because McDonald's sells a lot of burgers the government must begin to violate my rights?
>>
>>72160404
Libertarians will say "the local community will build them" yeah and America will be a third world nation
>>
>>72161743
what about the case in where both parties have the same company?

again I doubt reputation would be a factor since there would be no laws and cases generally are not so clear cut that it would be obvious that a company made a completely invalid ruling.

say I want to build a dam on a river, you live down stream and have a problem with this. you are a peasant while I own 30% of the energy facilities in the US. our respective companies duke it out. I invest money in lawyers and what not and am ready to duke it out to the end. do you think your company would defend you in a protracted legal battle? what does it have to gain? what if you live in peasant land and your company is a small company? what if I where to decide to just buy your company?

again I would not be willing to live in such a society for the poor and the moderately well off have no rights, and are just subject to the whim of large corporations.
>>
>>72162313
by grow I mean increase the number of representatives, increase the size of the executive body, and add more layers of judicial arbitration.
>>
>>72164072
>>72161421
Think about this

McDonalds is making good money in Cali, theyre rather succesful there, but theyre greedy and want to expand to all 50 states, they know they cant compete with other food chains or even mom n pop restaurants, but hey they know their business model works at $8 an hour wage, while in Texas their competition pays $5 but their comp has established customers that would switch to McDonald's even if it was cheaper than their mom n pop restaurant, How can McDonald's compete? BERNIE BERNIE RAISE THE MINIMUM WAGE PLS ITS FOR THE WORKERS I SWEAR, haha this raise will for alot of the small competition out but not all, I know BERNIE RAISE THE TAXES ON THOSE THAT MAKE 250000, haha now those mom n pop restaurants are really fucked and a forced out of business, yet McDonald's survives, you see how that works.
>>
>>72161840

Government can force right of way if it wants, even when it sometimes fail to do so.

If it had to depend on private property owners it would simply never happen.
>>
>>72160178
be in libertarian society

>leaving neighborhood
>get stopped by band of niggers
>shoot them with my funs because I don't live in an oppressive society
>get visited by niggers' friends and have throat slit while sleeping, wife is raped
>nobody helps or brings them to justice because I didn't subscribe to Kike Security
at least my cousins have can collect some nice retributive justice after the fact
>>
>>72153583
>what is the entire OP
>>
File: 1436618765759.jpg (27 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1436618765759.jpg
27 KB, 540x540
>>72155344
>>
>>72142528
Honestly im all for abiding by and protecting our constitutional rights, but what is wrong with the way we pay for roads now? Its apparently a big deal to most libertarians, and the alternatives they typically suggest are dumber than just paying taxes and letting the government take care of it.
>>
>>72164072

>what about the case in where both parties have the same company?

In that case, they have agreed by contract to use the arbitrator the company provides, or whatever voluntary agreement they arrange.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the way international disputes are solved. Country A and country B decide to have country C solve their dispute. The country that decides to not abide to C's sentence is economically shunned by other countries.

>again I doubt reputation would be a factor since there would be no laws and cases generally are not so clear cut that it would be obvious that a company made a completely invalid ruling.

Law under an ancap system would not be authoritative (imposed by government), but would be "discovered" as disputes are solved. Ancap writers love to use the Anglo-Saxon Common Law as an example of this.

>do you think your company would defend you in a protracted legal battle? what does it have to gain? what if you live in peasant land and your company is a small company?
Why not? I could also sell my case to bigger companies that want to profit from it.

>what if I where to decide to just buy your company?
I have to agree to that first. I may agree if you give me a good price. In fact, isn't this how this kind of disputes are generally solved IRL?

>again I would not be willing to live in such a society for the poor and the moderately well off have no rights, and are just subject to the whim of large corporations.
Like the current system?
>>
>>72165057
Commie pls address this
>>
>>72164495
and yet raising the minimum wage has been shown to be a net positive on job creation. also I am no bernie supporter which you could have deduced.
>>
>>72166694
Where has that been shown, pls use logic man, you said government needs to grow as corporations grow but I showed you how that actually plays out, the government only grows to help the corporation grow to levels it would have never been allowed if free markets were kept free, you honestly couldnt follow the logic?
>>
File: liburtarian.png (20 KB, 988x751) Image search: [Google]
liburtarian.png
20 KB, 988x751
> Be living in America
> Libertarian 3rd party supporter
> Every election vote 3rd party
> Libertarian party loses every election
> Be on deathbed
> Looking over life
> tfw had one chance at democracy and wasted it
>>
>>72142528
>local business and residents can't see the benefit in protecting assets by investing in a fire service.
>>
>>72166295
you failed to explain what would happen if one party chooses to bribe its arbitater, but that was because I was unclear in my initual question: 1 party is well off and he chooses to bribe his company(the same as his opponent) to give him a favorable ruling. what incentive would a company have to rule justly then?
>>
>>72155319
I guess eminent domain is just a meme then, and the people who have been forced out of their homes by the government were actually forced out of their homes by private contractors. Because, you know, the government doesn't handle road infrastructure.
>>
>>72168733
I think he's being a pedant and referring to the fact that most of that is done on the state level instead of the federal level.
>>
File: arguing-with-retards.jpg (82 KB, 696x606) Image search: [Google]
arguing-with-retards.jpg
82 KB, 696x606
>>72142528
Don't try to argue with libertarians. They think that anything they don't like can be protested out of existence.
>>
>>72168420

In this case, the effects will be seen long-term. The arbitrator may be capable of accepting your bribe, and the bribes of others, but it must be very careful with this since other people might smell there's something fishy with this arbitrator. And it is when people smell something fishy that the reputation of the arbitrator is damaged.

I'm not saying "hurr durr the free market is perfect", of course not. This may be a case of information asimmetry and arbitrage. My point is that the free market inherently has the tendency to reduce these problems, since in a free market a bribe-accepting arbitrator will have to be very careful with bribes (will have to accept them at a frequency that is below levels sufficient to cause suspicion, and maybe the market price for bribes will actually be higher than in a non-free market), as opposed to the state arbitrators we have, that can accept obvious bribes in front of you simply because they are in a priviledged position.
>>
>>72166295
>Why not? I could also sell my case to bigger companies that want to profit from it.

what if it would not be obvious the company can profit from the situation?

>I have to agree to that first. I may agree if you give me a good price. In fact, isn't this how this kind of disputes are generally solved IRL?
hehehe you know nothing john snow, companies can acquire other companies through malicious means like corporate raiding embezzlement, and then there can be threats and even murder. you assume that if there is no government companies would abide by the rules in place today, I can assure you this is not the case: ukraine is an example of this, after the soviet union fell ukraine had a government in tatters and while it was trying to repair itself you had people like ahkmetov who lied cheated and killed their way into money. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rinat_Akhmetov#Early_life

>Like the current system?

hehehe again you know nothing, you have never seen true lawlessness. you only kid yourself by saying shit like this.
>>
>>72142528
t. Berniecuck
>>
You guys realize a libertarian state would be no different then how america was in the 1700's-1800's?
>>
File: libertarian society.jpg (65 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
libertarian society.jpg
65 KB, 500x322
>>72142528
fuck off lolbertarians
>>
>>72169904
>capable of accepting your bribe, and the bribes of others, but it must be very careful with this since other people might smell there's something fishy with this arbitrator. And it is when people smell something fishy that the reputation of the arbitrator is damaged.

hehehe this assumes people would pay attention, do you know people this attentive? I know I do not. plus this is just one industry people in your society would have to keep track of. your ideal assumes too much of people.

dude in due time people will just accept that bribing people is how you get things done in society, I know because I live in such a society and I have bribed people before. after a while one just assumes that is how you do things.

again you assume people will share your ideals, I can assure you this is not the case. people will see that bribing is how you get shit done and they themselves will start bribing. that is how it will work.
>>
>>72167203
I guess he couldnt
>>
>>72170618
you mean the times when there where people who bought whole towns and ran them and shit?
>>
>>72146113
>when government stops making these things possible I'll stop blaming the private sector
>>
>>72167203
1. corporations will grow inspite of government, government limits by the means said corporations can grow by not allowing them to use malicious means.

but as corporations get bigger they can invest more and more of their resources into controlling the government. if the government is larger it will need more be bribed a larger amount in order to be swayed. so in order that the government not be corrupted it needs to grow,

this is why a brexit would be a bad thing for its government would be more susceptible to corruption.
>>
>>72143187
>meanwhile I feel like I've been raped in the ass every time I try and call my healthcare provider, call my bank, or God forbid call my ISP

You're aware that those businesses are heavily regulated by the government, right?
>>
>>72174133
If the government is more bueracratic then corporations will not corrupt them because the government will ask for a bigger bribe? I quit, this guy has no logic, he cant see the paradox in his logic and has no idea how the real world works.
>>
>>72145347
>libertarian society
>price of consumer goods is drastically reduced
>inflation is nearly non existent
>i can actually find full time work because government is out of the way and low to no taxes and regulation makes business flock to the us
>competition forces insurance companies to offer affordable insurance
>natsoc retards still crying
>>
>>72174924
>nat soc and communist still arguing with each other thinking theyre the true red pills

I hate this world
>>
you forgot the "as is your right" parts

those were the best parts.
>>
>>72174773
the government will not ask for a bribe, the government is composed of people who are susceptible to bribes, if there are more people it would be harder for a given organization to bribe enough people so that they can acomplish their goals. also another option is to increase the pay of the people who are already there. these are all measures needed to stop the spread of corruption.

and even despite the measures needed I still believe having a government is better than what you propose.
>>
>>72142528
LIBERTARIAN ISN'T FUCKING AN-CAP YOU THICK SKULLED MENTAL REJECTS! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>72174924
>asserts shit
>thinks hes right because of what he asserts.
top kek. begging the question at its finest.
>>
>>72175750
I proposed a constitutional government with checks and balances, which protect your natural rights.

Being in Mexico Ive seen corruption and Ive seen High ranking police take bribes directly even though they have a shit load of underlings watching them. More people does not reduce bribes or corruption. But by your logic lets make everyone a government employee so no one can bribe no one.

See this is the problem with the world, two extremes argue with each other and sensible libertarians get mislabeled by both sides and no one takes us seriously because of that. Im done here
>>
>Libertarian means stateless anarchy

Good job burning that strawman.
>>
>>72175866
>>72177620
>Governments follow the non-aggression principle
Sounds like you don't know what "Liberty" means.
>>
>>72168733
State, county, and local.
>>72169547
Libertarianism is about having a small federal government and letting states and local communities decide what is best for them while still following constitutional guidelines.
>>
>>72142528
No free society is possible where people are such cunts.
>>
>muh (toll) roads

what are off-road vehicles?
what is four wheel drive?
>>
>>72176660
ideally the americian system is good though I think the government should take more steps to isolate itself from corrupting forces. I think having 3 separate branches of government police each other would be ideal.

I think a problem with the US though is that is is too decentralized and this decentralization make it more vulnerable to corruption

ah fuck whatever I would like to continue but I am falling asleep.
>>
>>72158151
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA
Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.