[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Americans change small ammounts of words for no apparent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (30 KB, 678x652) Image search: [Google]
image.png
30 KB, 678x652
Why did Americans change small ammounts of words for no apparent reason?
Crisps - Chips
Chips - Frys
Colour - Color
Tyre - Tire
Ageing - Aging
Aeroplane - Airplane
Programme - Program
What was the point?
>>
>>72139839
We invented chips and airplanes so why did you pervert them?

Also I'm going to look up vulcanized rubber.
>>
>>72139839
Plural of Fry is Fries.

Ageing looks really weird to my American eyes.
>>
>>72139839
To get rid of all those extra letters that makes written english even more complicated than it is

That extra u in color has no business being there and you know it.
>>
>>72139839
raging is spelled raging so why would aging be spelled ageing
>>
>>72139839
FUCK YOU DAD THATS WHY
>>
>>72139839
Why did britcucks spell small amounts of words in retarded ass ways?
>>
>>72139839
You guys bastardized the language to make yourselves sound different from us... You guys did this to yourselves..

Quote from article
It was around the time of the American Revolution that non-rhotic speech came into use among the upper class in southern England, in and around London. According to John Algeo in "The Cambridge History of the English Language" (Cambridge University Press, 2001), this shift occurred because people of low birth rank who had become wealthy during the Industrial Revolution were seeking ways to distinguish themselves from other commoners; they cultivated the prestigious non-rhotic pronunciation in order to demonstrate their new upper-class status.

http://www.livescience.com/33652-americans-brits-accents.html

fucking stupid...
>>
>>72139839
Football - soccer
Fag - cigarette
Raging homosexual - British
>>
Also is it gray or grey?
>>
Lots of sliding going on this afternoon.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.