[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>German quality meme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6x
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 208x144) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 208x144
>German quality meme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6xLMUifbxQ&feature=youtu.be&t=26m15s

Despite having more economic and industrial output than Russia the managed to produce much shittier tanks due to
Muh over enginnering.

Slavs and Anglos built tanks for war, Germans built tanks to furfill their autistic impulses
>>
>>72133283
>american calling Germans on quality of they tanks.
Is this a joke?
>>
And ISIS has zero economic output and builds zero anything and is still rolling around with tanks, apcs, artillery, drones, TOWs, jeeps.

Does it ring some bells in the U.S.A.?

I guess we are all autist besides moderate beheaders and their burger friends?
>>
>>72134600
M4s only went against tigers twice in the European theater. They went against panthers and could penetrate them at close ranges. Most engagements for the M4 were only against infantry and the short barrel 75 was ideal.
>>
File: M4_Sherman_at_Utah_Beach.jpg (112 KB, 1024x647) Image search: [Google]
M4_Sherman_at_Utah_Beach.jpg
112 KB, 1024x647
>>72133283
America had the worst tanks, pic related
>>
muh nazi over engineering is a meme
these are called teething problems and every piece of military equipment had them, german equipment like tigers and panthers fared no worse and became reliable machines once the problems were sorted

in one engagement, 4 king tigers destroyed over 130 T-34/85s and SU-85, SU-100s near Berlin

Tanks that always get shitted on like the Elefant had k:d ratios in the 12:1 range and were not employed how they were designed to function, with the majority of losses having to be from abandonment
>>
>>72135635
the Sherman was the best widely used allied tank of the war, more armor than a T-34 or Panzer 4, better gun than either in the 76mm version, the 75mm was no slouch with APCBC ammo either.
>>
>>72133283
I knew this thread was coming. You boys going to post more Seawolfs or what?
>>
>>72135635
>http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/apr/26/shawarmageddon-moscow-authorities-threaten-to-ban-kebabs?CMP=fb_gu
Welp, American engineers were able to just repair that ' shitty tank' o nthe go, while Germans had to literally tow the fucking thing with all of its complicated suspension back to Berlin. Numbers+Versatility > quality
>>
>>72133283
They didn't build tanks for aesthetics, although it did have an impact because Hitler personally inspected and approved them.

Their problem was that the selection was largely based on cronyism. Hitler liked Porsche a lot for example, but Porsche kept making meme tanks with petro-electric transmission which Germans couldn't afford to build. Only reason why they didn't have an army of meme tanks.

A much bigger impact was that unlike Soviets and Americans, Germany used general purpose machine tools and a billion different chassis while the former had specialized machine tools and produced very few different chassis types.
USA had just a shit ton of Shermans and little else, Soviet Union built loads of KV(IS)s and T-34s

>>72135635
Arguably best tank in the war. Quality built, stabilized gun, easy to mass produce. Arguably only because T-34 is also a very good tank.

Germans had nothing comparably good and the best British tank was just a Sherman with a big gun.
>>
This may be off-topic but why exactly are armaments so expensive today? You hear about a single Abrams tank costing like 8 million dollars to produce, I understand that they are complex machines but after so many years perfecting mass production you'd think it would be maybe half the cost to produce. I mean for comparison a Tiger tank cost only like $1.2 million US adjusted to inflation, and it was a very "over-designed" tank back in the day, and production methods were generally slower and more costly. The Sherman only cost like $550,000 US adjusted to inflation and it was an excellent tank, again produced in a time where mass-production techniques were less sophisticated and efficient.

I understand modern technology expensive but is it really THAT expensive? It's crazy to think that in modern times you could produce 16 Sherman tanks using old production techniques (God knows how many with modern techniques) for the cost of a single Abrams.

Forgive me if I'm an idiot I'm by no means an expert in any of this.
>>
>>72136371
>meme tanks
what in the gods cock are you talking about. stop going to s4s faggot.
>>
>>72135635
You are a fucking retard, the Sherman was one of the best tanks ever produced, they were so good they were used in conflicts up until the 70s.
>>
>>72136503
Defence industry is corrupt. They pay whatever the fuck and don't care because its not like the military has to make a profit.
>>
>>72136503
Electronics, computer systems, stabilization equipment, advanced armor techniques like honey combing and DU inserts, multi-fuel turbines on the M1...

The Sherman was about 18 tons, the M1A2 is 69 tons.

Comparatively speaking, the Sherman is closer to a CV90 than a Leopard II... In terms of just weight class, the Panther II is comparable to the M1.
>>
File: tigerp-1-copyright-unknown.jpg (114 KB, 940x451) Image search: [Google]
tigerp-1-copyright-unknown.jpg
114 KB, 940x451
>>72136503
Because they cram a billion different widgets into the tanks making them ever more complicated and sometimes more powerful.

If you look at the battleship race that mainly took place during 1900-1920s for example, you'll see that the early battleships cost peanuts compared to the ones built at the end because the weight, level of complication and size grew significantly. The main battery fire director on a KMS Bismarck alone is thousands of times more complicated and difficult to build than what was originally fitted on say the SMS Brandenburg. Which was basically just a centralized rangefinder as far as I know.

>>72136732
I am talking about this.

>>72137036
It has been corrupt for as long as it existed.
>>
>>72137183
i happen to be rly good at this subject and tiger P was excelent tank. i have played around 500 battles in WoT and i have winrate around 71% on him.
>>
>>72137036
That seems like a great place to undercut competition, produce an affordable tank that matches the Abrams and you will become a billionaire.

It isn't limited to tanks either, assault rifles, aircraft, every piece of military equipment seems to be ridiculously overpriced.
>>
>>72137146
My bad, the Sherman was 30 tons*
>>
>>72133283
The soviets designed their tanks to be canon fodder, and they performed this role very well.

They were not good tanks, just numerous.
>>
>>72136503
No bid contracts. I get one from the navy every now and then. Imagine a part that takes me $300 total to produce and I get paid well over $5000. That's just a single part, now imagine contracts for thousands of them... Its insane
>>
>>72137358
If you under cut established competition you will be outpaced by the sheer size and frequency of their bribes.

Sadly, in business, you need to make as much or more than your competition or they will be able to out resource you and bury you with bullshit lawsuits and other nonsense.
>>
>>72135502
>twice

Complete horseshit.

Here, I'll name 2:

Villers-Bocage
Hill 112

And that's just in the early stages of Normandy. Which would imply that somehow all those Tigers they sent to the Battle of the Bulge never ever found a Sherman despite them being everywhere. Which we already know isn't true because Shermans had to engage Tigers multiple times.

I mean Jesus Christ there were Shermans fighting Tigers as far back as Tunisia. Are you quoting that one faggot historian from WoT who did that one video?
>>
>>72137378
Actually, the T-34 was superior to its contemporaries like the Panzer IV and Sherman... They were just built like shit and didn't come with things like radios at first.

Though, technically speaking, the T-34 had superior off road ability, firepower, speed and range.
>>
>>72135635
Do morons like you even realize that 76mm will go through the front armour of a Tiger at a couple hundred metres?
>>
>why are you not participating in a quantity over quality race against two countries 25 and 55 times larger than you and 1.5 and 2.5 times your population both ganging up on you while Bongs fight of the tiny Japanese island and you have barely enough fuel for your existing army

Burgers in charge of geography, math and economics
>>
>>72137626
I wish the west was actually capitalist and not some weird state-capitalist corrupt plutocracy thing. I am 100% sure it is the reason why the west is faltering.

Henry Ford could have probably never even gotten his business off the ground if he was born today because the horse cart industry would be suing him for trying to put them out of business.
>>
File: MmI5MjFmNDlhYg.jpg (61 KB, 707x409) Image search: [Google]
MmI5MjFmNDlhYg.jpg
61 KB, 707x409
b-best tank pls n-no bully
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.