[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are stay-at-home mother rates on the rise?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
File: Stay-at-home-mom.jpg (623 KB, 2328x1133) Image search: [Google]
Stay-at-home-mom.jpg
623 KB, 2328x1133
I'm not sure how to interpret this.

>http://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2014/beyond-bls/stay-at-home-mothers-through-the-years.htm

US stay at home mother rates:

>1967: 49%
>1999: 23%
>2012: 29%

Is this what feminists wanted all along? Is this better or worse for families?

IMO stay at home moms are generally much lazier and less attentive to their children's needs despite having so much more leisure time.
>>
>>72127488
Because the economy is in the shitter. Women always opt out and leech off men when the economy tanks.
>>
>>72127488
>stay-at-home mother's worth

They'll get paid for their "work" as soon as they start paying their husbands room and board.
>>
>>72127488
I don't understand you people.

You constantly complain that there are no traditional women anymore and make fun housewives at the same time?

What exactly do you want from women? It's so confusing.
>>
>>72127488

This is a huge good. Degeneracy started, in this country at least, with mothers entering the workforce.
>>
>>72128266
>/pol/ is one person
If poor get housewife if wealthy keep your money away from your working woman
>>
Are you fucking retarded? What's wrong with stay-at-home mothers?
>>
>>72128266
an average housewife in 2016 is really incomparable to one from 1967....
>>
>>72127488
>IMO stay at home moms are generally much lazier and less attentive to their children's needs despite having so much more leisure time.

Your opinion sucks, mothers should be at home raising children. Not sending them to marxist day cares and abandoning their only true function in life. To nurture their own children.
>>
>>72128560
>Not sending them to marxist day cares

i didn't realize children are in day cares until 18. do you expect all moms to home-school children through high school as well? 90% of home-schooled kids are socially inept or come from hardcore evangelical families that pump bob jones university textbooks down their throats
>>
>>72128266
It almost as if different people have different opinions...
No forget that, it's too crazy.
>>
Her "worth" isn't that of a professional doing those tasks. Because she's not a professional. Hence, she's not getting paid that much by her husband. Instead, she's getting rent, food, and pocket money.
>>
>>72127488
The worth of a stay at home mother is entirely dependent on how degenerate she was before she wed.
a good woman is more than worth putting up with, but a skank will be much more trouble than shes worth.
>>
>>72128359
do you really think that lowering the labor participation rate even further will help the country?
>>
>>72127488
>Is this what feminists wanted all along?
I thought feminists hated the stay at home mothers and wanted them all to be strong independent womyns and work at a cubicle
>>
>>72130373
Women in the work force were just an excuse to lower wages.
>>
File: 1461626576682.jpg (61 KB, 517x326) Image search: [Google]
1461626576682.jpg
61 KB, 517x326
>fall for Le SuperMom Meme
>have it all have kids! have fun hobbies with friends! a great career! (which you can haggle down the work load for your preferred work/life balance because you're just that super of an employee) and social night life!

>reality
>already run fucking ragged the few months after college
>>
It's worthless. Working in the house used to be a real job with real worth. There used to actually be a lot of work to do at home. But watching TV and gossiping with neighbours is not work.
People used to wash clothes, make food, make clothes, and that's actual work. People don't do any of these anymore. Staying at home is just an excuse for laziness.
>>
>>72131106
i agree. i can't comprehend how a stay-at-home mom (or dad) could possibly fill their days with actual productivity. there are only so many floors to clean or meals to make...
>>
File: image.jpg (227 KB, 858x569) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
227 KB, 858x569
Feminism and degeneracy tbqh
>>
>>72131106
I disagree. Maximize your time with your young children. They're ready to read, and absorb new vocabulary nearly as fast as you can shovel it at them. You just can't expect a school to compare. There's this broad expectation that you have to speak to children as if they're idiots. As a consequence, dropping them in daycare or school is doing them a disservice. New material comes very slowly, and no subject is explain in depth. Do it yourself.

Also, I've been investigating and visiting with local homeschools myself. The evangelical portion is small [here], but does exist. There is a surprising number of disabled and/or socially broken children, though. Their parents feel that they aren't well-served by the school, and pull them out. There are small elite bunches of clearly bright homeschoolers in the groups, but far fewer than I expected. Most of the clever homeschoolers I've met don't really participate in the groups. They're at home reading Tolkien and Melville while schooled third graders are reading corporate pap.
>>
>>72128811

Not true. They're mostly of the Mean Girls variety; I've talked to professors and they find it difficult to tell the homeschoolers apart from the public school grads except that the homeschoolers have higher GPAs.
>>
>>72131106

Cooking food and running a garden is easily a part time job. Not the boxed dinner degeneracy, but bread from scratch, roasts, vegetables fresh from the back yard.

The rest of the day can be for homeschooling or practicing her instrument (women who aren't musically talented are worthless).
>>
Welfare has been on the rise under the Obama administration, not to mention the influx of the Latino, anchor baby population... They are being compensated with free food, housing, education and health coverage to stay home.
>>
>>72128190
>Anonymous (ID: 1qGTLDFT) 04/26/16(Tue)13:55:02 No.721281
well the husband needs to pay her first... you're stupid right?
>>
>>72127488
immigration. Non-white women stay at home because they have no choice.
>>
>>72131517
well they are watching the kids the whole time too
>>
File: dasit.png (457 KB, 500x494) Image search: [Google]
dasit.png
457 KB, 500x494
>>72133416
This is what my mother did when I was very young. I cannot thank her enough for this and she is a heroine in my eyes for raising my brother and I properly through our very formative years. My father worked to provide.
Funny you mention music, she plaid the Clarinet. This is the role of women and there is nothing demeaning about it. Women are raising the next generation of people and making sure they aren't fuck ups and sociopaths. I don't think there could be a more honorable profession than producing strong intelligent and emotionally healthy boys and girls.
>>
>>72130373
>wages are stagnant for 4 decades
>productivity at all time high and rising
>w-we need more labor
Deluded wage cuck detected
>>
>>72130373
Kill yourself capitalist globalist cuck.
>>
>>72127488
Women are meant to stay at home while the man provides. Women are happier being caretakers. Feminism has convinced women otherwise, leading women to be more unhappy than ever before.
>>
my wife is stay at home and life is much easier that way. Having both parents working is really not that much of a good deal considering tax cuts, daycare, cooking, cleaning, and so on.

I love having my wife with my kid knowing that she is taking care of thigns there, and knowing tasty food will be ready every time i go home for lunch and dinner (i skip breakfasts).
>>
My mother stayed at home because of recession in the early 90s
Couldn't get job
I guess it was better than the "both parents are unemployed" option
>>
>>72130373
Do you think more degenerate kids would be good for our country?
>>
>>72133930
This man gets it
>>
>stay at home
not just
>unemployed

bitches be L A Z Y
>>
>>72133646
I know as a burger you lack basic reading comprehension, but that was my entire point. The image is trying to make a case for stay-at-home moms to be compensated for work they do around the home, such as cooking, cleaning, child-rearing, etc., but skirts the issue of where the money for their food and clothing and housing comes from to begin with. If husbands (or the government) were to pay housewives for their work, should these housewives not remunerate their husbands in kind? My suggestion was ironical to demonstrate the ridiculousness of the situation.
>>
>>72131106
>>72131517
I'm a stay at home mom, and my husband comes home from work all messy every single day. I don't do laundry everyday, but I do tend to spend my day reading to our son and just watching him play by himself while I prepare lunch and dinner for the family. The house stays clean and there's always something for me to do here to either improve functionality or aesthetics. Though I also run a weekday daycare for other children in the neighborhood some days so I'm usually tied up with that.
I think I've gone 1 day a week so far where I didn't have to clean and I had free time, but in that time I'm usually sorting paperwork and mail, calling relatives to check up on them, and doing my hair to look especially good for Church the next day and for my husband cause he said he likes it when I get fancy just for him.
>>
>>72127488
Feminism is dying down.
>>
>>72133994
and exactly how will discretionary income, which is necessary to accumulate wealth, rise when less people are working more hours to support more people?
>>
>>72136740
Because inflation means everyone gets paid more :^)
>>
File: 1305401359527.jpg (61 KB, 625x552) Image search: [Google]
1305401359527.jpg
61 KB, 625x552
I'm 27 and I have two friends who are married and both their wives are stay at home wives

None of them are mums though, they just cook and do house stuff and go to the gym and go shopping and stuff
>>
>>72127488
You've just successfully demonstrated how reality differs from the deafening propaganda spewed out from the feminist minority. Most women actually want traditional gender roles and marriage but they're too afraid to ask for it.
>>
>>72131106
>Investing in your children isn't a job worth doing
I thought the Nords of Skyrim were better than this

>>72132800
This guy gets it. My mother kept me fed with an entire library of books from as soon as I could read till the time I started doing my high school exams. Read Tolkien at 11 (didn't understand any of the poetry), chewed my way through Terry Pratchett and Douglas Adams and then stomped off into the hard sci-fi of Henlein and Clarke.

I thank her for the 15-odd years she abandoned being a teacher (and with it, a state-funded pension that was final-salary based) in order to devote 100% of her time to raise me and my sisters.
>>
>>72127488
Glorified neets.

I've met a ton of them through warcraft
>>
>>72131106
Sad to say this, but my sister-in-law supports this claim.

Generally, I'm in favor of stay at home mothers, but they better be getting shit done.
>>
>>72128266

its okay to be a housewife but nowadays thats a really easy job. You need to keep busy with something or otherwise the whole thing isnt balanced.
>>
>>72136740
How will it rise with more labor when it hasn't risen with more labor before now? Discretionary income for most people only rises when unions or massive social movements force business to pay labor a larger fraction of what it's worth. The only exception to this is new labor segments, like the recent tech labor sector, which explode and generally have high compensation until the labor is made more mundane and compensation deflates steadily or stagnates into mediocrity (which is exactly what you see now in the industry).
>>
>>72138159
i'm not arguing that wages will necessary rise. I do agree that productivity is increasing much more quickly than incomes, but you ignore the possibility that wages will drop with lower labor participation rates.

Just look at a histogram of our population... once the majority of baby boomers start cashing out social security/medicare/medicaid our debt limit will skyrocket even higher than it already has in the past decade.
>>
>>72135021
Exactly. I never understood why anyone wouldn't be able to see this. This petty bullshit of wanting to monetize everything is straight from the Jew. It is not a natural, white man concept.
>>
>>72139041
Yet another signpost on the road to the collapse of civilisation.
>>
>>72138560
Wages will not drop with lower participation, this is basic supply and demand, at worst we will have a lower unemployment rate, at best we will have saturated employment which will force employers to raise wages to lure non-participants into the labor market.

The debt limit has virtually no connection to employment, productivity, or wages.

And productivity hasn't been rising faster than wages, productivity has been sky rocketing while wages have remained stagnant and virtually flat (unless you pretend inflation doesn't exist).
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.