[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spiteful towards this whole era.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: vasilyev_village_1869.jpg (899 KB, 2000x1563) Image search: [Google]
vasilyev_village_1869.jpg
899 KB, 2000x1563
Is there anybody else who feels scornful about every single modern day invention? It's not about that I think they are mostly lame, and nor do I live in some hut despising every piece of technology - the modern epoch has made it impossible to live without it! Every time I hear at the television about some new invention it feels like the world is going from bad to worse. What is the purpose in making a new ”smartphone generation” once in two years or making ”curved screen” TVs? They are trying to push harder and harder some devices that have already fully developed. We don't need a phone with glass carcass doing same but more expensive as we do not need a television with curved screen doing same shit but costing more.

Sometimes not only do I think of those inventions being unfruitful, but I also wish I lived in the Middle Ages or 18th, 19th century - just not after 1900! And I would be fine if I was only to yearn for these days of yore, but it eats massive amounts of my time and I find myself dwelling on this matter too much.

Am I the only one having this problem?
>>
>>72124829
I feel the same, this materialistic world makes me feel miserable, it doesn't makes me happy anymore, I feel 10 times better sitting on the grass during a sunny day looking the nature and landscape surrounding me.
Fuck the modern world, I just want to hunt with a bow, live in a little comfy community with traditions, true friends and qt's.
>>
>>72124829
You're a fucking idiot. There's many reasons to want to live in the past but yours is stupid.

If you don't know that they have to push those technologies for profit, then you're the kind of retard they market that shit towards.

You never HAVE to adopt new tech. Even if old tech becomes obsolete, by the time you're really forced to upgrade, shit's fucking cheap. Whenever something new and better comes out, prices for older, once expensive tech goes down, that's when you should get it IF you're interested in it.

tl;dr you're a dumb consumer that doesn't understand the modern technology market
>>
>>72125820
I want to feel alive, I'm tired of being constantly stressed out. I feel like a zombie. Isn't there any other way to live?

Modern cities are ugly, as well as the people living in.

related song : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUEJFp9L7-4
>>
>>72124829

I agree a little.
I just feel like there is not much invention; but a lot of innovation. Like a lot of the new technology is just adding some flashy "new" features to an older piece of technology and re-marketing it to look better.

I feel like there is not much invention from scratch happening.
>>
>>72125820
Yeah, I usually play medieval video games and watch medieval/fantasy movies as well. I know that they don't usually depict the harsh truth - but I am aware how the Dark Ages really were, and I am really eager to return back in a Moldovan village in the midst 2nd millennia.

And the medieval ages would also give me a better opportunity to have a normal life, not to be a secluded lad browsing forums, studying and playing video games. I would go to taverns, would work in the yard etc. But I have to cope with the conditions, be a wagecuck and so on.

>>72126152
Yes, I do not want to understand the modern technology market because it is total crap. I know the products are to ”live” for only 5 years, and that forces the consumer to buy another product, to change the actual one. Haven't it happened to your devices to go foul out of nothing? That's it - your beloved 21th century.
>>
>>72126152
fuck off with your jew economics you slavic dipshit. After a certain point, there's no point in making something cheaper and there sure as fuck is no point in curved TVs.

Get shanked by chechens fucking dipshit.
>>
When did /pol/ become such an anarchoprimitivist board?
>>
>>72126527
I am not an anarchist even in the slightest, I am actually a moderate right-wing conservative. And that is the reason I think it would have been better to conserve our ways of living without spoiling them with so many, pointless inventions.
>>
>>72126490
Seriously check out The Braindead Megaphone by George Saunders. It's a contrast of modern media-addled mental landscape versus the possible mental landscape of a Medieval peasant.
>>
I don't hate the current era, but I'm weary of it. What you're saying is true though. As an electrical engineer it's patently clear that over the past 5-10 years or so there's been a massive decline in innovation, not just in consumer electronics but in all departments. If you look at telecomms, 4G is very different to 3G, which is in turn very different to 2G, they all use different combinations of modulation schemes, queuing systems, etc. But 5G is basically just 4G II: This Time It's Slightly Better. And the tentative beginnings of 6G, which only really exists as some papers at this point, seems to be only going the same direction. There's a very palpable slowdown in breakthroughs, even minor breakthroughs. And on the other hand we live in a society that's thrived on unbounded innovation for the past 50, 60 years, it's been a rollercoaster ride, everything constantly improving, every few years another paradigm-shifting leap ahead in technology. The ride is coming to an end and nobody really knows how to live without it, so you get things like this new Samsung phone, with the curved edges. That's not interesting, that's not even useful, but whatever, it's different.
>>
>>72124829
Human life in its essence has never changed. The main focus was family, friends and some kind of work with coworkers and a boss. 150 years ago we had the railways "destroying society", new battleships being built despite the last generation is only 2 years old and who even needs these "automobiles". But that are just concomitants, the peasant in the middle ages and you share the same everyday problems and emotions, just with other technology .

You being a bitter teenager isn't because of modern day inventions, or modern society, or gypsies. You would be the same idiot in every other age and every other society. There were people like you in ancient greece, the technological circumstances may have changed, people didn't.
>>
>>72127233
>Human life in its essence has never changed.
It's changed so much that I wouldn't call it life anymore. Life today is just deterioration and death.

Of course, Germany is a metropolitan shithole inhabited by cucks and self-hating leftists so you've never actually known any other kind of life.
>>
File: 1458994334415.jpg (167 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
1458994334415.jpg
167 KB, 1000x600
That is a lovely picture, thanks for it.
Pre industrial societies had far better lives. The late and Mid middle ages weren't very good, but the early middle ages (5th to 11th century) were great.

The average life of an Anglo Saxon villager in the summer would do some field work and ploughing, maybe fix a bit, do some hunting and then you'd have like 4 hours of free time in the sun to do what you want. and then you have free time at night time to drink, play music, play games or riddles, and have sex with your wife or whatever.
in the winter there was nothing to do, so you could hunt, go on walks all day, practise archery or swordfighting, literally do whatever you want. you would have to get up and feed your animals and cook food, but that takes like 30 minutes.
Medieval peoples had far better lives than we do. I reccomend you reading "industrial society and it's future" by ted kacynski. buy some land, get a traditional wife, and try to live off the land in a little homestead. i plan on doing it
>>
>>72124829
Guess im lucky to have the opportunity to spend basicly all my time off work away from cellphone coverage, electricity, inhouse plumbing and other unnecessary bullshit :)
>>
>>72124829
Spiteful ? Not really but sometimes I'm left wondering as of why we're struggling this much with science.
It feels like it is no longer necessity that pushes foward but simple curiosity and capitalism and I can't say that is always a good thing.
Discovering the wheel was born out of necessity, flying spaceships is a curiosity.
>>
>>72127987
there must be some way to live a preindustrial life with industrial technology. like distributism. or national distributism
>>
>lets reverse time by 700 years

Does that include advancements in health and science? Do you want bubonic plague to come back?
>>
>>72127987
While a lot less serious, I do recommend the Brave Old World by Tom Hodgkinson. It's a good introduction to people who would like to try out that lifestyle.
>>
>>72129229
why cant we keep the tech but change the lifestyle? is liberalism and degeneracy really tied to industralization or is it tied to something else like jews and the elite who fight world wars to keep things a certain way?
>>
>>72124829

Life without modern dentistry and antibiotics would be unbearable
>>
File: 24235.jpg (2 MB, 2660x2075) Image search: [Google]
24235.jpg
2 MB, 2660x2075
>>72124829
yeah i kinda get this feeling somedays
>>
>>72129216
don't know mate

>>72129440
thanks polack. i know a lot of shit about bushcrafting and hunting, but stuff like weaving, animal husbandry and growing wheat and oats is foreign to me.

>>72129684
wrong.
Dentistry is not needed when the population has a healthy diet of locally grown food, with no artificial or foreign shit in it. Medieval people and Hunter gatherers had far better teeth than ours.

Antibiotics are not needed because the people who are weak to illness die, and the strong ones survive and have GOAT immune systems. Look at country kids who spend all their time playing in the muck and dirt compared to city kids who don't go outside at all. the country kids have amazing immune systems.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.