[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Americans don't want Canadian style health care because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: quad smug.png (268 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
quad smug.png
268 KB, 499x499
>Americans don't want Canadian style health care because they don't want to pay Canadian style taxes
>Americans end up paying twice what I pay for health care for worse service
>>
It's not worse service. It is amazing, but lot money
>>
>>72117749
>twice what I pay
yeah, pretty much
>for worse service
lol no
>>
>>72117749
>worse service
Nah man I'd rather be in an American hospital than a Canadian one any day
>>
>>72117749
>worse service

that's why Americans flock in droves over the boarder to seek out the amazing Canadian healthcare system?

>A FUCKING LEAF THREAD
sage and ignore.
>>
File: 093.jpg (29 KB, 680x245) Image search: [Google]
093.jpg
29 KB, 680x245
>>72117815
>>
>>72117891
same

if my friend's mom wasn't a surgeon I'd probably be dead by now
>>
>>72117749
>worse service

the us is home to most innovative and skilled physicians and surgeons in the world

make sure pajeet washes his hands next time he operates

shit b8
>>
oh and the most technological advanced hospitals

literally you are not fooling anyone

kill yourself
>>
From what I head Canadian free health care blows. Anyone who can afford it gets private health insurance just like we do here in the US
>>
File: 1460264425630.png (6 KB, 320x400) Image search: [Google]
1460264425630.png
6 KB, 320x400
>>72117815
Are you some Christian missionary?
>>
File: 1461173577558.jpg (3 MB, 2440x1627) Image search: [Google]
1461173577558.jpg
3 MB, 2440x1627
>>72117749
>worse service

KEK

we literally have the medical eqiuvalent of breadlines
>>
I don't want to become canada.
>>
>>72118413
I don't get it
>>
>>72117749
because rich ppl in america don't care for the poor, what is it so hard to understand?
>>
>>72118651
>implying there aren't a lot of Indian doctors in America
>>
>>72117749
>Americans end up paying twice what I pay for health care for worse service

>Canadians still come here en masse for treatment
>>
>>72118651

The US is also home to medical bankruptcy. I work in the business side of health care, the majority of us see the system as deeply flawed and some would support single payer even if it means we'd lose our jobs. The system is designed to generate profits first and foremost, patient outcomes are always secondary
>>
>>72117815
>>
Dont bother, americans are so deluded its not even funny
>>
>>72119070
If big pharma didnt own our govt we wouldnt be going there en masse to get the medicine we need
>>
>>72118944
He's posting. From Zimbabwe you imbecile
>doesn't know country flags by heart yet
/pol/ newfag detected
>>
>>72117749
Lol this is complete bullshit

Canadians regularly go to the United States to pay for services they either cannot get in Canada, or for services they would otherwise have to wait for months and sometimes years to get.

Don't buy this Canadacuck shilling, the reality is different.

I pay a minimum of 50% tax and I get almost nothing out of it but Trudeau going on trips talking about how important feminism is.

This country is the next Britain and Sweden. Don your bio warfare masks and stay away.
>>
>>72119162
better that a handful of people go bankrupt than the whole country.
>>
>>72117749
Taxes are mandatory. Healthcare is not. People should be free to choose how they spend their money.
>>
>>72119623
He probably meant medical corruption m8
>>
>>72117815
Robert, pls go.

>>72117749
Also, not really. It's a very complicated issue that statistics are quite poor at explaining, but goddamn do people like bringing out the lists.

>What are the services rendered?
In the United States there is a huge industry around semi-necessary/mostly unnecessary medical treatments such as wisdom tooth removal, circumcision, pharmaceuticals for therapy items, etc.

In more socialized healthcare systems, these simply are not viable, and thus they don't get performed. It's sort of like every middle class kid with messed up teeth tended to get braces; why? Because their family had a dental plan that would cover it, and it was easier to do it then. In Europe, my braces would have been considered by and large unnecessary as I had gotten them at an older age, and they were fine.

>When are they being rendered?

For instance, the Untied States has a problem with preventative procedures being overlooked because people are unwilling to pay out of pocket for them. Therefore, a person may have a much more expensive procedure due to putting off preventative care.

>How much is the tax increase?
This is a bit of a tricky issue. Typically most statistics people like to quote quote a state budget and make it per resident. The issue with doing it this way is that not all of the money directly goes to the service in a tax; people are needed to actually collect tax, evaluate and administer. Besides that, you get a very odd rate as it doesn't account for the minimal situation or the largest situation.

In the states, you could very well pay 0 for medical for decades. I'd argue that's not the best method, but it is allowed, but this same person in a socialized system would be paying a higher tax for a service they do not utilize, or utilize at the very minimum.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.