[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friend on kikebook just shared this. Why are vegans such conceited
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 45
File: FB_IMG_1461680072831.jpg (22 KB, 402x260) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1461680072831.jpg
22 KB, 402x260
Friend on kikebook just shared this. Why are vegans such conceited pieces of shit?
>>
>>72112470
Because they hate us omnivores and don't understand the circle of life.
>>
because they're really really hungry
>>
>>72112470
Deficiencies in nutrition driving them slowly insane.
>>
>>72112470

Proper means is through his pussy.

Fucking Vegans screwing up something simple and elegant and turning it into preachy, unfunny shit.
>>
Lack of choline and saturated fat intake has caused the myelin to degrade in their brains, so generally they are brain damaged people.
>>
>>72112470

All anecdotes from vegans self reporting alleged improved health and vitality are unreliable due to psychosis.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_B12_deficiency
>>
>muh moral high ground
>muh feels

literally there only arguments. every diet works a different way and having a balanced one is the best way

I can eat fruits and vegetables and still enjoy a nice juicy burger as long as I watch my calorie intake and burn them off.

I'm not a /fit/fag so plz no bully
>>
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v531/n7595/full/nature16990.html
>>
Humans are omnivores:
>Allows wider opportunities for nutrition
>Is responsible for larger brains and better muscle development in evolution.

Let their ideology drive their malnutrition and govern their production of weak minded mushroom children, nothing of value will be lost
>>
>>72113195
/thread
>>
>>72112470

>one person shares a vegan meme
>lol all vegans are stupid look how this one stupid vegan proves it

Why are you so triggered by them doing that OP? just move on. The fact that you felt the need to insult vegans here suggests you are insecure about yourself.

>>72113195

In stone-age conditions yeah being omnivore is better but now that we can obtain all the nutrients we need from vegan sources you can get what your body needs without the negative health effects and increased risk of disease that meat causes.
>>
>http://www.npr.org/2010/08/02/128849908/food-for-thought-meat-based-diet-made-us-smarter

Vegans and Vegetarians are literally low IQ brainlets, and thus not rational in anyway. No wonder they are usually all Liberals too.
>>
Test post
>>
>>72113005

The vast majority of vegans and vegetarians are aware of that though and most take B12 in supplements or in B12-fortified drinks or fortified nutritional yeast.

The scientific studies reporting better health in vegans mostly don't use self-reporting but they look at whether they can cancer or arthritis etc at a rate compared to meat-eaters.
>>
>>72113800
Wew lad.
Do you actually think human metabolic systems have evolved to no longer need sources of sat fats etc that are derived from meats?
I guarantee you are the type of person who shares this BS on facebook and are majoring in social science without a human anatomy credit to your name.
>>
>>72113800

nobody likes you people, you are all insufferable
>>
>>72112470
>deep sense of ethical responsibility
That's a lot of words to to just say "vagina."
>>
>>72113804

At least read the article first before you post it you moron. The article explains how at a certain point in our development meat was helpful because it supplying our brains with nutrition it needed as it grew bigger over time.

That article has nothing to do with how meat or no-meat impacts someones IQ or intellectual/cognitive capabilities in their life. You're completely wrong and you made a fool of yourself by posting that.
>>
>>72113965

I'm doing pre-med. All of the fats that your body needs you can easily get from avacados, seeds, nuts, beans and grains.
>>
>>72112470
>Stop killing living things
>procede to severe part of a tree to eat it
>love posing with Tree corpses
>ethical

bitch please
>>
>>72114343
>I'm doing pre-med.
This quite literally is no type of qualification for anything. Please kill yourself.
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 223x226) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 223x226
>>72114343
Get off pol and go study for the MCAT
>>
>>72113964

The interesting thing about supplements and the vitamins and minerals shared between meat and plants is that their bioavailability is not the same. For example, this article explains why iron is more bioavailable from meat sources than plant sources (300g of liver has the same amount of iron as 2.4kg of spinach - but you cannot readily absorb it from the plant matter, which means you miss your recommended daily intake):

>http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v531/n7592_supp/full/531S12a.html

Supplements, assuming they aren't derived from animal products, have the same complication.
>>
>>72112470
threadly reminder:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNgA06xE_Ng

the average vegan
>>
I don't get how anyone be an outspoken vegan nowadays unless they insulate themselves with only other vegans

Vast majority of people are sick to death of hearing Vegan shit
>>
File: imavegan.jpg (67 KB, 525x808) Image search: [Google]
imavegan.jpg
67 KB, 525x808
>>72114343
While medical research is a lot better than the voodoo shit that was practiced back in the olden days, it is still shit. Something like 50% of medical studies get overturned. There are too many people who don't understand statistics using statistics in medical research.

So you can take your "I'm gonna be a doc" and shove it up your ass.
>>
>>72114343

Pre-med means jack m8, so what if you've taken gen chem and gen bio? If you're 3rd year or higher maybe you've taken introductory biochem and maybe an intermediate physiology/anatomy. It gives you no basis for understanding anything, especially considering that textbooks are 10+ years out of date. In case you weren't aware of the most recent research, dietary saturated fats and cholesterols do not cause CVD or cancer. Meat doesn't cause cancer, and the WHO report was very misleading because it referred to meat that undergoes processes that cause carcinogenic compounds to appear in meat (treating it with nitrates, nitrites, cooking in charcoal, etc.).

You know nothing kid.
>>
I would be vegan if being vegan didn't automatically label me as a faggot.

Vegans ruined veganism.
>>
>>72113964

The reasons vegans are "healthier" than meat eaters it's because they compare people with a diet with those without one.

Most "meat eaters" are plebs who eat things they shouldn't. A balanced meat diet is vastly superior to vegansim, but few people try such diets because plebs fall for the veganism meme or never get a diet.
>>
>>72114863

fag
>>
Yeah, I bet vegans don't use their penis during sex, either.

They just whisper ethical theses into the pussy.
>>
File: 1442078440012.jpg (53 KB, 420x614) Image search: [Google]
1442078440012.jpg
53 KB, 420x614
>>72114409
Not everybody does it for moral reasons, some just do it to be healthier and because it lowers the risks of developing health issues and several serious diseases.

>>72114504
I wasn't attempting to use it as a qualification, I was just correcting his mistaken assertion.

The science behind veganism and vegetarianism is pretty simple and nobody needs qualifications to discuss it.

>>72114610
I've got a while before I take it.

>>72114622

While that is true there are literally dozens of other good vegan sources of iron. If you just eat a bunch of green vegetables every day you will develop deficiency but if every day you eat a mix of different kinds of veggies/fruits/nuts/seeds/grains/legumes its easy to get everything you need aside from B12 which there are several special foods you can get it from or supplements which work too.

There are also different types of supplements for the same mineral/vitamin that contains different forms of it. If you just read about it first to make sure its a good one that the body can absorb well its not really an issue.
>>
>>72112470
it's a parody of a third grader level anti-vegan meme
did you say non-vegans are shit then?
>>
>>72115351
>Vegen
Back to Facebook you go.
>>
>>72115351
>I wasn't attempting to use it as a qualification
Then why through it in there? Fuck off faggot, you were and now you're back-pedalling.

God I hate vegans so fucking much.

>There are also different types of supplements for the same mineral/vitamin that contains different forms of it.
Or I could still eat meat, just not processed trash that is terrible for you.
>>
File: porcupine.jpg (730 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
porcupine.jpg
730 KB, 1500x844
>>72115351
>Not everybody does it for moral reasons, some just do it to be healthier and because it lowers the risks of developing health issues and several serious diseases.

Then why do vegans tend to not like it when I post pictures of animals that I've killed?
>>
>>72115351
>Vegan is natural
>For a fully healthy diet you need supplements though
>>
File: i418.jpg (24 KB, 451x315) Image search: [Google]
i418.jpg
24 KB, 451x315
Vitamin B12
i
t
a
m
i
n

B
>>
>>72112470
"But anon, being vegan is much healthier, now excuse me while i take my 275 supplements."
>>
>>72115351

From the article:

>"Although plants contain many of the same nutrients, they occur in lower quantities and often in a form that humans cannot readily use."
>"For instance, red meat is rich in iron derived from haemoglobin, which is more easily absorbed than the non-haem form found in beans and leafy greens."
>"Furthermore, compounds known as phytates bind to the iron in plants and block its availability to the body."
>"As a result, meat is a much richer dietary source of iron than any plant food"

Mixing and matching plant sources isn't the issue. The nutrients in meat are naturally more available to humans.
>>
It's just another form of virtue signaling
>>
>>72115927
We may have chased him off, lad.
>>
File: 151013183705.jpg (33 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
151013183705.jpg
33 KB, 480x320
>>72114659
That person is a raw vegan which in practice is very different from a vegan who east processed and/or cooked foods.

>>72114762
To some extent the outspoken irritating vegans are just an internet boogeyman. Some of them do exist and many people have met them but many people have also met non-annoying vegans who don't stick in their memory as much.

>>72114809
There are statistics-heavy studies done on vegans and vegetarians all the time by large groups of respected doctors from mainstream universities. There are also many reviews that examine the methodologies of these studies and only take into account the ones they deem solid and the they still tend to show the same thing about vegans and vegetarians.

There is a huge amount of research on it, some of them may be using poor methods but there is way too much for it all to be a fluke.

>>72114846
There are molecules in meat that cause inflammation which is one of the core underlying causes cancer.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25548184

Vegans and vegetarians develop cancer at a lower rate then meat-eaters while eating meat has repeatedly been found to be associated with an increased risk of cancer. Pretty much all of the evidence points in the direction of meat increasing the risk of cancer.

>>72114863
Do what you want and don't let fears about how other people will react stop you.

>>72115004

Most of the studies that examine this stuff try to control for as many factors as possible including not only having people with very-poor diets in the meat-eating control group.

>A balanced meat diet is vastly superior to vegansim

citation needed, the science tends to show the opposite
>>
>>72115574

Is porcupine good eating?
>>
>>72116119
He's still here, mate.
>>
>>72112470
everybody just wants to feel hyperindividual and superior to the people around them

like what you're doing right now
>>
The way to a mans heart is through his stomach
Unless he's vegan.
Then you can only get to it with a 10 inch cock up his asshole.
>>
>>72112907
you can't be surprised. this is the fucking internet. it ruins everything.
>>
>>72116211
No idea. That thing was sick as fuck. I wasn't going to touch it.

>>72116221
Yup. The moron is actually taking the time to provide detailed responses to us. I think we have us a real vegan on the line.
>>
>>72112470
Literal brain deterioration. The coating our brain cells have is made of cholesterol which only comes from animals, and so vegans having a diet without cholesterol have less protection of their brain cells.
>>
>>72113965

Nice argument mate. I'm a vegan who has just finished my chemistry Masters. Why does a dietary choice bother you? We choose to live our life by not inflicting needless suffering in animals, what's the problem? I am also very fit and have great nutrition.
>>
>>72116269
How do you push through all of that salad?
>>
>>72116169

>Most of the studies
>Doesn't post one

>citation need

Okinawa diet you faggot.
>>
>>72116443
>just finished my chemistry Masters
>I am also very fit and have great nutrition.
>>
>>72116169
>meat-eaters
>>
>>72112841

This. I would probably be an insufferable cunt after one week on a Vegan diet.
>>
File: 1424819948997.png (113 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
1424819948997.png
113 KB, 500x312
>>72116427
it's terrible to me that our public health education is in such a poor state of affairs that it can get away with lying to billions of people about cholesterol and fat without feeling obliged to warn the average american about what sugar really is
>>
>>72116610

If you think a masters in chemistry and being fit/healthy is likely to be a lie/or a big deal then your life must be pathetic. That sucks :(
>>
>>72112470

I'm vegan for health reasons. I don't give a shit about the morality of it and I would never admit it to anyone unless I was pressed because most vegans are disgusting leftist stereotypes.

It's unfortunate that you can't have a real discussion about health and nutrition with most conservatives because as soon as you start mentioning the health-related downsides to regular consumption of animal foods, they instantly click over into, "You're one of THOSE people, aren't you?" and any chance at a rational discussion is lost.
>>
>>72116443
>very fit and have great nutrition
>for great justice
>>
>>72116743
Fellow vegan. Finally. So many cretins in this thread.
>>
>>72112470
>getting 100 grams of protein by vegetables

how
>>
>>72116743

Maybe that is because so many Vegans are self absorbed shits and more often than not are just about literal communists.
>>
>>72116796
We killed a load of your Shepherd soldiers Argentina for a shitty island
>>
File: 1457635763699.jpg (22 KB, 540x527) Image search: [Google]
1457635763699.jpg
22 KB, 540x527
>>72116443

God people are stupid and falling for this.
>>
File: joker.gif (446 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
joker.gif
446 KB, 300x186
>>72116881
>>
>>72116875
beans and legumes, not vegetables

but what i see a lot of vegans having trouble with is getting enough B12 or vitamin A
>>
>>72116875
Easy. My standard vegan diet gets me around 130g.

Have peanut butter, oats and soya milk for breakfast. 25g protein.

Houmous and pitta for lunch. Maybe avocado too. 30g protein.

Chickpea curry and brown rice for dinner. 35g protein.

Toast snack before bed. 15g protein.
>>
>>72116875

I wish I knew, Lent is a bitch.
>>
File: Assad.gif (207 KB, 364x400) Image search: [Google]
Assad.gif
207 KB, 364x400
>>72115439
sweet diss bro

>>72115504
>Then why through it in there?

Because he said I was majoring in social sciences and I corrected him, thats it. I'm not backpedaling at all, I never claimed it made me more qualified to discuss anything I just corrected him.

>God I hate vegans so fucking much.
Try not to get triggered by online discussions so much, its bad for your health.

>>72115574
I couldn't really care. One reason might be that compassion towards animals is a sign of a mature and healthy personality while cruelty towards animals is regarded by most people as immature and its thought by most mental health experts to be indicative of mental illness or psychopathic tenancies. Regardless, its silly to insinuate that just because someone is vegan for health reasons that they would not think negatively of animals being killed.

>>72115608
I never said it was natural, I said that when it is done properly it is healthier then an omnivore diet. There is a difference between healthier and natural.

>>72115766

>Vitamin B12-containing plant food sources for vegetarians.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24803097

Supplements work just fine too though, I'd rather just have to take a supplement every now and then while being vegan instead of eating meat and have a larger risk of developing most major health issues.
>>
>>72116964
Not even bait Romania.
>>
>>72117052
this is exactly what i was saying about the vitamin A thing

you can be vegan, and that's great, but if you skip the leafy greens and orange stuff because you think it's more fun to eat french fries and hummus all day, you're going to get sick
>>
>>72117052

All of that sounds fucking terrible. Eat some eggs for christ sake.
>>
>>72117128

I don't believe you m8.
>>
>>72115608
>For a fully healthy diet you need supplements though

In a natural setting, you wouldn't. The only supplements you need as a vegan are B12 and vitamin D.

B12 is produced by bacteria. If you were eating a truly natural diet, meaning fruits and vegetables straight from the ground rather than heavily washed and cleaned, you would get all the B12 you need. There have been studies of vegans in shitty countries - India, for example - who take no supplements but have no B12 deficiencies because the food they eat is covered in B12 producing bacteria.

Vitamin D as a supplement is only necessary because we spend all our time indoors. If we were spending most of our time outside under sunlight as humans have done for the majority of our history, we wouldn't need to supplement vitamin D either.
>>
>>72112470
>tacit admission that they're never satisfied by the trash they eat
delicious.
>>
>>72113015
Faggot, vegans don't care about their healthy diet, they are vegans in order to not contribute to animal exploitation.
Nobody cares about balanced diets. Nowadays we can easily survive without eating animals and that's why it is unnecessary for us to continue breeding them just for food.
>>
>>72117155

Yeah I have a green smoothie in the afternoon too. 100g spinach, 50g kale, maybe some lettuce and a banana too. Didn't mention it because I was just explaining my protein intake. Love my greens.
>>
>>72117171
And then eat the rooster when he becomes an ornery cunt that tries to pierce your hand or knee.

>Captcha had me find the pies
wtf happened to the street numbers
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 1600x1019) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 1600x1019
>>72112470

Because they are bigoted faggots who think animal life is superior to plant-fungus life.
>>
UNLESS HE'S VEGAN
THEN IT'S THROUGH HIS COLON
>>
>>72117125
>I couldn't really care. One reason might be that compassion towards animals is a sign of a mature and healthy personality while cruelty towards animals is regarded by most people as immature and its thought by most mental health experts to be indicative of mental illness or psychopathic tenancies. Regardless, its silly to insinuate that just because someone is vegan for health reasons that they would not think negatively of animals being killed.

Want to know how I know you're an insufferable little shit who is going to die surrounded by cats? Look no further than that quote.
>>
>>72116914
>Falkands meme
>>
>>72117190
That's fine. It's not really a big achievement. I'll think of you when I graduate in July.
>>
>>72117261
be careful with the soy too! it'll give you man tits. that's not a myth.
>>
>>72117361
Yeah I've heard that high amounts can decrease testosterone or increase oestrogen, I forget which...
>>
File: 1456750969219.jpg (35 KB, 534x381) Image search: [Google]
1456750969219.jpg
35 KB, 534x381
>>72115927

http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/iron.php

>Another reason for the satisfactory iron status of vegans is that vegan diets are high in vitamin C. Vitamin C acts to markedly increase absorption of non-heme iron. Adding a vitamin C source to a meal increases non-heme iron absorption up to six-fold which makes the absorption of non-heme iron as good or better than that of heme iron 4.

>Fortunately, many vegetables, such as broccoli and bok choy, which are high in iron, are also high in vitamin C so that the iron in these foods is very well absorbed. Commonly eaten combinations, such as beans and tomato sauce or stir-fried tofu and broccoli, also result in generous levels of iron absorption.

>>72116119
>>72116221
>>72116403

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
-Alberto Brandolini

It takes a while to type out my refutations of all the nonsense in this thread.

>>72116427
citation needed

>>72116548
The below study reviews a number of different studies on the subject.

>Non-vegetarian diets were compared to vegetarian dietary patterns (i.e., vegan and lacto-ovo-vegetarian) on selected health outcomes. Vegetarian diets confer protection against cardiovascular diseases, cardiometabolic risk factors, some cancers and total mortality. Compared to lacto-ovo-vegetarian diets, vegan diets seem to offer additional protection for obesity, hypertension, type-2 diabetes, and cardiovascular mortality. Males experience greater health benefits than females.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4073139/

>>72116875
easy dude there are all sorts of nuts, seeds, veggies, legumes with high protein
>>
File: starlight Gondola.png (545 KB, 599x805) Image search: [Google]
starlight Gondola.png
545 KB, 599x805
>>72112470
They're totally miserable and are just trying to compensate.
>>
>>72116169
You are one stupid motherfucker.
>>
>>72117720
Clearly...

Like everyone angrily posting here is the pinnacle of health and happiness.
>>
>>72117657
>easy dude there are all sorts of nuts, seeds, veggies, legumes with high protein

this is such a fucking lie

how can you blatantly lie like this?

yeah maybe if you ate a fucking kg of peanuts or some shit

such a fucking meme
>>
>>72117125
>One reason might be that compassion towards animals is a sign of a mature and healthy personality

You have never raised your own food have you?

>>72117657
>easy dude there are all sorts of nuts, seeds, veggies, legumes with high protein

They are, but you have to eat a ton of them.
>>
>>72117794
What are you even talking about? Chickpeas have nearly 20g of protein per 100g. Lentils the same. Even fucking Brown rice and oats have around 8g protein per 100g!
>>
File: veggie-burger-strap.png (172 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
veggie-burger-strap.png
172 KB, 400x400
>>72112470
Why ask why?
>>
vegan here

>went from 280 to 180 lb
>pretty comfortable with vegan lifestyle, know what I can eat and stuff

Only problem is my hair is looking like shit. But my family has shit hair.

>tfw 21 and hair greying and thinning
>>
>>72112470
People who don't eat meat because of muh morals disgust me if they don't do anything else (like some radical activism n shit) to protect those animals. If you're going to take the moral high ground, do it properly.

Not eating meat does jack shit for the animals
>>
>>72117657

This will take time to read through, but you still haven't countered my point about the Okinawa diet and the fact that those that follow it live very long lives.
>>
File: 1442078914953.jpg (55 KB, 475x356) Image search: [Google]
1442078914953.jpg
55 KB, 475x356
>>72116881
>because /pol/ has told me so many Vegans are self absorbed shits but I've never actually met that many in real life

FTFY

>>72117319
Oooo! you sure got me, nah dude I'm allergic to cats I was just pointing out most people will think your weird if you frequently talk about the animals you kill. Its not my fault if you found that upsetting.

>>72117361
>>72117440
The science doesn't really point in one way or the other and some studies have found there is no effect but if you eat soy (which isn't needed at all on a vegan diet) its best not to have it often.
>>
>>72117988
Ridiculous viewpoint. I don't eat meat because it's immoral so I don't want to be a part of it. Why should I have to waste my life doing something about it when I have a life to lead too?
>>
File: arguments.jpg (237 KB, 598x792) Image search: [Google]
arguments.jpg
237 KB, 598x792
>>72112470
pic related
care to make one?
vegetarian for health reasons here
>>
>>72117794

One cup of cooked lentils, hardly a massive amount, contains nearly 18g of protein. A slice of whole grain bread can have 6-8g of protein.

I understand that you have this politicized aversion to people claiming veganism but you need to understand that intelligent vegans have researched their diet extensively and probably know a lot more about nutrition than you do. The fact that you're falling back on, "B-but meat is the only source of protein you can eat!' is good evidence of this.

Here, this is a picture of an average day for me. This is a sandwich, a couple bowls of curry with beans and a few fruit and vegetable smoothies.
>>
File: PLANT-PROTEIN3.jpg (875 KB, 2166x2888) Image search: [Google]
PLANT-PROTEIN3.jpg
875 KB, 2166x2888
>>72117794
You have no idea what you are talking about, see pic related

>>72117858
>They are, but you have to eat a ton of them.
Not really, if you just make sure to have some of the high-protein ones at every meal and some for snacks as well you can easily get enough.

>You have never raised your own food have you?

I wasn't implying raising food and killing it and eating it was wrong I was just trying to point out that making a joke of it and trying to shove pictures of dead animals in peoples faces because you think its funny is a sign of immaturity and people will think less of him for it.

>>72117981
You can always take a multi-vitamin or get a check up at the doctors to confirm whether or not there is anything important you are missing in your diet.

>>72118029
I haven't read much about the Okinawa diet and its not what the thread is about anyway. As far as I'm aware its high in veggies and tofu and has little meat in it anyway.
>>
>>72112470
It's not that vegans are conceited pieces of shit, it's that conceited pieces of shit become vegan because it gives them a moral high ground to feel better about their bald heads and scrawny bodies.
>>
>>72022315
Go away evil dogger.
>>
File: wyhw.jpg (70 KB, 550x330) Image search: [Google]
wyhw.jpg
70 KB, 550x330
>>72118160
Oh, so you're going to die alone then, without even the cats. You're still an insufferable little shit. I see no reason that vegan viewpoints should be given the light of day.
>>
>>72113800
If vegans would shut the fuck up about their food choices, people would be fine with them. Veganism is posting pics of your lunch to social media all day except in real life and far more often. What the fuck makes you think anyone cares about such a basic choice as what you had to eat?
>>
>>72118160
>>72118410
>>72118636

>i'm not self absorbed
>let me keep posting about my diet habits and posting links to scientific studies and vegan websites
>that'll show 'em i'm not self absorbed

I'm all for eating healthy, but for fucks sake you are at the shit turning point these threads always go to. Nobody gives two shits at the end of the day. I'm not going to change my diet habits just because you posted a link or claim to have a background in medicine. You are definitely not going to change.

I would much rather go out to my back yard, grab a couple eggs from my chicken coop, and fry them in bacon fat with some spinach then do enough research to write a dissertation to have breakfast.
>>
>>72118771

>Oh, so you're going to die alone then, without even the cats.

I doubt it m8. I have petty good social skills and am 6'4 and good-looking so I have no issues attracting women.

>I see no reason that vegan viewpoints should be given the light of day.
because people are free to talk about whatever they want and also because its been proven to reduce the risk of some of the diseases which are among the leading causes of death in the US?

also

pointing out you're immature ≠ insufferable
>>
>Not Then you can get to it through stroking his massive ego
>>
>>72117779
If you're here, which you are, you're in the same boat m8 so jog on, at least I don't have a masochistic diet that makes me depressed and weak.
>>
>>72119017
Sure, and I have a 12" dick and fuck supermodels every night.

You're an insufferable vegan cunt. All that I'm doing is putting into words what most people think about vegans, and for good reason.

The key word here is insufferable. Because the vast majority of vegans are.
>>
>>72118966
>I would much rather go out to my back yard, grab a couple eggs from my chicken coop, and fry them in bacon fat with some spinach then do enough research to write a dissertation to have breakfast.

And believe me, nobody cares what you eat either. But we're having a discussion in this thread, which is a thread about veganism. How is it self-absorbed to offer proof in response to other arguments?

Someone says, "You can't get enough protein without eating meat" and I say, "Well, here's where I plugged what I ate for a day into a nutrition calculator and here's how much protein I ate". That's not self absorption, that's a counter argument. It's saying, here's an example of a reasonable daily diet that contains ample protein and other nutrients without including animal foods.

If you really feel threatened by proof that your eating habits are unhealthy, you're welcome to stop reading these threads. It doesn't make you a bad person to eat a diet that's less than optimal from a health and nutrition standpoint.

For example, I understand that there's no safe level of alcohol consumption - any amount is carcinogenic. But I drink it on occasion anyway, because like many things in life, it's entirely up to you whether or not you're willing to do things that might not be the healthiest but are enjoyable enough to make it a fair trade.

But I'm not going to stop proving you wrong just because it makes you uncomfortable.
>>
>>72117988
100%
My girlfriend and I only eat finnish meat and our vacations are working on organic farms (mostly have been livestock farms), we're vegetarian maybe 6/7 days of the week.

I think vegans fall for a false ultimatum: you can eat meat and not destroy the planet that much.
They're generally just uninformed: they bitch about the water that goes in to feeding a cow while they eat their almond flour no-bake cookies, imported from South America.
>>
>>72118160

You're right. I haven't met many Vegans because most people aren't tools.
>>
File: -.gif (2 MB, 320x384) Image search: [Google]
-.gif
2 MB, 320x384
>>72118860
1) I don't do that stuff myself and I don't think anybody cares about what I eat
2) many vegans don't do that stuff at all
3) tons of non-vegans do similar blogging of day-to-day stuff including food
4) why does it bother you so much? all you have to do it ignore it or look at something else, nobody is forcing you to read vegan blogs

>>72118966
Its silly that you are trying to imply I'm posting in this thread because I'm self absorbed or because I'm trying to convince people to become vegan.

I didn't start this thread, I just came into it to correct posts that I found were making false statements. All of my posts here were just replying to people who said silly or incorrect things, I didn't once try to tell people in this thread to become vegan.

Coming into a thread on a subject you know a moderate amount about in order to refute bullshit has nothing to do with being self-absorbed or preaching your beliefs onto anyone.
>>
Tfw when conservative vegan
>>
>>72117235
You forgot to ad "btw, im Vegan, you guise", Hans.
>>
>>72112470

what is it with the shilling with vegan threads all the time? reddit ? joooooooooooooooos? or did the cows learn to use a computer?
>>
>>72120028
Nah, the cows would be pushing Chik fil A and adoption of hindu tier ban on beef.
>>
File: 1455507452818.jpg (67 KB, 500x435) Image search: [Google]
1455507452818.jpg
67 KB, 500x435
>>72119238
I have no reason to lie to save face on an anonymous image board on a thread I won't even remember, 6'4 isn't that unusual of a height nowadays either btw.

I'm not insufferable, you're just making it really easy for me to refute what you post because most of it is pretty silly.

People in real life only think vegans are insufferable when they preach about it which I never do and so nobody thinks I'm insufferable. If it effects perceptions of me in real life at all its a plus for most girls.

>>72119679
sick burn
>>
>>72112470
Or you know, a blow job will do the trick too
>>
Veganism is not natural for humans. It requires an abundance of time and cultivated food from around the planet that humans would never have had access to. Just because your mommy and daddy pay for your speciality diet and supplements doesn't somehow mean that's how humans evolved to get here.
>>
File: 1445523135464.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1445523135464.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>72120028

There is barely any shilling of vegan threads on /pol/ though.

The only times when there are vegan threads on /pol/ are because an Australian starts an obvious bait thread using a picture of vegangains and anons fall for it easily or the threads such as this one where the OP posts about how he doesn't like vegans and people try to circlejerk about how they don't like them until they get called out for saying false things.

If people want to have a big circlejerk where they all talk about how they hate vegans thats fine but if you post things that are blatantly false then expect people to come in and refute or correct those statements.
>>
Bacon causes cancer. Too much meat also isn't healthy.

I eat meat twice every few months.
>>
>>72120603
>natural

The thing is that very little about our lives today is natural, so why does our diet beng natural matter?

You take medication, get vaccines, etcetc, none of which is 'natural'
>>
I took OP pic as a joke, personally. It was actually kinda funny to me.
>>
>>72120782

>tfw it is not intended to be a joke
>>
File: fdress00.jpg (91 KB, 639x478) Image search: [Google]
fdress00.jpg
91 KB, 639x478
>>72120277
If you follow through the thread with my id, you'll find my posts are consistent with the fact that I don't even bother arguing with vegans anymore. Therefore, you haven't had anything to refute. I just hate vegans.
>>
>>72116169

That is not evidence that proves anything, it's a preliminary mouse study that indicates that there may be a possible antigen in red meat that may cause systemic inflammation in some people. Notice the use of subjunctive in that abstract? Sorry, but you do not have any real evidence that meat itself causes cancer. Systemic inflammation can be an underlying cause for almost everything, and a whole litany of stuff can cause it. Do you want to know the true secret to not getting cancer? It's having amazing genetics. That's pretty much it. The same is true for living a really long time. It doesn't matter if you eat vegetables all your life, if you don't have to genes to be a centenarian you AINT GON MAKE IT BOI.
>>
>>72112470
The vegan meme is to prep the rootless mongrel goyim cattle into getting used to eating sythetic meat and veg while gods chosen dine on fine red meats.
>>
File: balloon.png (44 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
balloon.png
44 KB, 200x200
>>72120603

Of course its not natural because we didn't evolve to be vegans but that is sort of irrelevant because its not why most vegans are vegan.

Some people are vegans for the moral reasons and that is their choice but many including myself are just vegan because when its done right its healthier.

Evolution isn't some mystical or spiritual force that is something that makes it so we should try to follow our-stone age ancestor's style of living as much as possible. We didn't evolve to use all sorts of things in modern life but we use them too.

If modern civilizations collapses its probably better to not be vegan but as long as modern civilization remains and you can get everything your body needs then you can do that and be healthier then meat-eaters because you don't suffer the negative health effects of meat. "Naturalness" has nothing to do with it.
>>
File: Heather Mason 04.jpg (72 KB, 1152x694) Image search: [Google]
Heather Mason 04.jpg
72 KB, 1152x694
>Species evolves to subsist on damn near everything out of necessity
>Descendants bitch about "ethical responsibility" regarding farm animals while ignoring shit like sweatshops, India, and homelessness
>>
>>72112470
>call it kikebook
>still browse it
fuck off
>>
>hurr bread with 8g of protein durr
>hurr inironically eating several cups of lentils durr
>doing this several times to barely get 50gs of protein

WEW

E
W
E

im gonna enjoy my steak chicken and eggs

so delicious and i dont have to eat several plates of plants to get
>>
>>72119062
I've only been here a couple of days and it's miserable.
>>
File: Forever.jpg-large.jpg (43 KB, 350x511) Image search: [Google]
Forever.jpg-large.jpg
43 KB, 350x511
Even vegetarians find Vegans to be insufferable twats, and the reason is simple.

A Vegan diet is horribly unhealthy. In order to compensate for the lack of so many essential staples (like Butter) they tend to eat a ton of deep fried foods, or homogenized trans-fats derived from plants

Then there is the nutritional deficiency. Vegetarians can get their calcium and B12 from Dairy products and Eggs. Vegans cannot do this so they need to take an enormous quantity of supplementary diet pills of "questionable providence".

There is no justifiable reason for being Vegan beyond a simple moral argument. Which is why they have to be preachy assholes. Its the only thin reed they can cling too.
>>
Vegans are right, tho. You literally have no argument against veganism.
>>
>>72121437
>butter
>essential

lol
>>
File: 1445454775681.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1445454775681.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>72120899
You're right you haven't put forward any logical arguments, instead you've just made fool of yourself.

>>72120907
When you combine that study with the many studies showing vegans and vegetarians are at a lower risk of developing cancer in addition to the many studies showing meat consumption is associated with increased risk of cancer its safe to say there is a solid connection. Short of giving humans extra meat to see if they get cancer faster pretty much everything has been done already and the evidence is clear.

That one study about cancer being all due to genetics that got a lot of publicity is not taken very seriously by most scientists. There were some prominent criticisms of it and questions about its methodology and there is a huge amount of other evidence of all sorts showing lifestyle factors play a huge role.
>>
>>72121597

The alternatives to Butter are horrendously unhealthy. Literally sticks of protein assembled in industrial lab equipment.

But hey, at least its "Vegan".
>>
>>72115766
That explains the LOW ENERGY posts that come from these retards.
>>
>>72121265
>chicken has 29g protein per 100g
>lentils have 21g protein per 100g
>massive difference
>wew
>>
>>72121692

Coconut oil, friend. Try it.
>>
>>72121692
>spread made from olives is unhealthy
>olives
>unhealthy
Ok
>>
>>72120699
So then stop the people claiming it's natural from claiming that.
>>
>>72121064
Eating cooked meat got us the brains we have now and obviously some of us such as yourself are letting them atrophy.
>>
>>72121706

There are fundamental differences between Plant proteins and Animal proteins. They may be "Proteins" but they are not the same thing, and our bodies are not well adapted to turning plant Protein into usable Animal protein (we are, after all, animals).

For example, in order for your 1 gram of lentil protein to be equivalent in utility for your body to use, you need to combine it with other types of plant proteins not found in lentils. Rice, Beans, etc. Even then you don't get full utility since our bodies view plants more as a source of sugar and carbohydrates.
>>
>vegan
>male

i can smell your vagina from over here
>>
>>72121064

No you aren't healthier than meat eaters, the problem with all of these studies and meta-analyses that just compare "vegans/vegetarians" to "omnivores" is that what controls are there for omnivores for eliminating confounding factors? None, literally none.

It is not unhealthy to eat meat and eggs you fool. It is unhealthy to eat mcdonalds and processed garbage and stuff cooked on charcoal and barbeque and fried shit, especially with high frequency.

So these meta-analyses are comparing a health-conscious group to another group which includes people who most likely do not care about controlling their intake of meats and foods that have been treated and processed to be really bad for you.

>>72121659

No, see above. None of what you could post has ever attempted to distinguish between people that eat garbage meat products and those that strive to eat meat in a healthy way.

Both of my great grandmothers lived until their 90's and both ate meat and drank milk every single day of their lives.
>>
>>72121081
>If I can't solve all the world problems then I shouldn't do anything at all to change my personal behavior!

>>72121265
I'm sure it tastes good but be aware you are increasing your risk of many major diseases including cancer and heart disease, be careful is all I'm saying.

>>72121437
>A Vegan diet is horribly unhealthy

Except almost all of the research indicates that its healthier as long as people do it right
>>
>>72121659
People who are vegan are more likely to care about their health and are more likely to have more money to spend on such things. Correlation does not equal causation.

I'm sure there are plenty of people that eat meat who don't smoke and don't eat horrific fast and processed foods, but there aren't studies looking at that kind of lifestyle.
>>
>>72121979

>Except almost all of the research indicates that its healthier as long as people do it right.

For one, all of the research does not say this, and in the case of Children under the age of 16, the research makes a compelling argument for a Vegan diet being child abuse.

>Doing it right

I love qualifiers like this one. The only way to do a Vegan diet "Right" is to science the shit out of it. You need to eat a large quantity if varied plant materials from all over the world, some of it very expensive, and then after all that is said and done you STILL have to pop pills every morning to supplement what your body is still not getting.

Something that could EASILY be fixed if you just added dairy to your diet.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 800x331) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 800x331
>tfw spend all day knocking over trees and ripping their roots out of the ground so some bitch can have a bigger garage
>tfw come home and eat a big juicy burger
>tfw assblasted vegans can't do a single fucking thing about it
>>
>>72121801
As far as I'm aware nobody in thread has claimed it was and many vegans don't. The main reason people decide to be vegan is the moral or health aspects not naturalness.

>>72121934
1) Your body and brain need a certain amount of nutrients to remain healthy and not atrophy
2) All of these can be obtained through vegan sources
3) If you get the required amount then there is no atrophy

>>72121968
In most of the studies on the subject they question the control group on their diet and eliminate people who eat unhealthily from the study.

The study already posted about molecules in meat causing inflammation shows that its bad for your health. There have also been many studies that have looked at people's consumption of just meat and in some cases eggs and have found they increase the risk of cancer even when they try to just look at health conscious people.
>>
>>72122634

I can understand a moral argument for being vegan.

Arguing its more healthy then say, a Vegetarian diet (that has Dairy and Eggs in it) is completely brain dead.
>>
File: 1458448707428.gif (2 MB, 389x279) Image search: [Google]
1458448707428.gif
2 MB, 389x279
>>72122598
>Work in a meat processing plant
>Couple of vegan girls at a party ask what I do for a living.
>>
>>72121935
This is true. At least you're educated. I make sure to get a lot because it isn't as digestible. It's much nicer to hear that than a lot of the hur dur being a vegan is pussy/blue pill being banded around
>>
>>72113964
>fortified nutritional yeast.
proof veganism is shit- yeast is not actually 'vegan'
>inb4 'muh subjective taxonomy'
>>
>>72122634
meat causes no inflammation http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17237312

>There have also been many studies that have looked at people's consumption of just meat and in some cases eggs and have found they increase the risk of cancer even when they try to just look at health conscious people.

post them then stop talking about them being out there
>>
File: 1445120252771.jpg (18 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1445120252771.jpg
18 KB, 225x225
>>72122187
see
>>72122634
These are studies from respected universities that are published in respected medical journals and many of them attempt as best as possible to control for that and not include people who eat way too many meat or otherwise very unhealthy eaters.

>>72122332
I agree that children and teenagers should not be vegan but the evidence is pretty clear that veganism is healthier for adults, there are occasionally ones claiming to show bad effects but there are way more ones showing good effects that were published more recently and used large groups of study subjects.

Its not hard at all to do the vegan diet properly it just takes and hour of reading once and then your good for life. You can get almost all of it from sources in the US and people who eat regular diets get food from foreign countries all the time not to mention clothes and medicine.

You don't need B12 supplements if eat tempeh or Nori frequently but you decide to take B12 supplements or drink B12 fortified drinks or eat B12-fortified food instead thats perfectly fine. The purpose many people do it for is to be healthier and not to eat locally or for it to be more "natural". If the end result is you are healthier and at a lower risk of cancer and heart disease who cares if you need to take a few more steps the usual in eating.

Also, the vegan diet can easily be the same price or cheaper if you do research and compare prices and shop at the right places.

>>72122598
1) nobody really cares
2) get check ups for the early signs of heart disease and cancer frequently when you are in your 40's and 50's, if are increasing your risk of them you want to catch it early if it appears
>>
>>72116875
that's a cup of brown rice protein for me

which is like, 4 big glasses of milkshake
>>
>>72123481
a low carb high fat diet is healthier than a vegan diet if you are able to stick to it http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=205916
>>
>>72123481
meat doesn't cause heart disease
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15164336
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20683785
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/80/5/1102.full
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19263395
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24217704
http://annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=1846638
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19560285
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24727873
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17425596
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/89/5/1402.full
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19279082

meat has no effect on inflammation in the body which causes cancer http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17237312

fibre causes colon cancer http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19279082
note for this study: despite the meat eaters eating less fibre they still drank and smoke more meaning they had more cancer overall
>>
File: p6kvfhN6h1s7m3kxo1_500.png (229 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
p6kvfhN6h1s7m3kxo1_500.png
229 KB, 499x499
>>72122814
>Non-vegetarian diets were compared to vegetarian dietary patterns (i.e., vegan and lacto-ovo-vegetarian) on selected health outcomes. Vegetarian diets confer protection against cardiovascular diseases, cardiometabolic risk factors, some cancers and total mortality. Compared to lacto-ovo-vegetarian diets, vegan diets seem to offer additional protection for obesity, hypertension, type-2 diabetes, and cardiovascular mortality. Males experience greater health benefits than females.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4073139/

>>72123099
>something that it totally optional and not needed at all for the vegan diet proves the vegan diet is shit

nice logic there

>>72123226
>2007 study that had 60 test subjects

2014 study with 3690 subjects showing meat consumption is associated with inflammation

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3893727/

2013 study with 2198 subjects showing a similar association

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22426755

more recent and in-depth research showing the molecular links between meat and cancer that one published in one of the most respected peer-reviewed journals in the US outside of the big 3.

I don't have time to read the methodology of every single study where they compared vegans and on-vegans, and thats not my job because when there is so much research showing those same results it can't really be explained away with that. If the methodology was bad or if it seemed to the reviewers that it swayed the results then it would likely have not been published. Keep in mind to this research threatens to hugely damage the profits of some agriculture corporations and so if there was any serious flaw in this research there would have been dozens of industry-paid scientists lining up to refute it or publish responses to it pointing out flaws but there usually isn't.
>>
File: shepherds-pie-lamb-and-lentils.jpg (44 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
shepherds-pie-lamb-and-lentils.jpg
44 KB, 300x300
>>72118410
Lentils are great but just a touch of lamb really brings them alive.
>>
>>72124234

In this post >>72124535 I link to more recent studies with several thousand subjects showing a link between inflammation and meat, your study had only 60 people which is shit.

There is less research on the heart disease-meat link then cancer. I don't have time to look through all of them but there are some showing an increased risk as well as vegans and vegetarians being at a lower risk. Only being at an increased risk of cancer, arthritis, obesity and diabetes instead of all those plus heart disease is hardly a reason to eat meat though.
>>
>>72124535
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17237312
>thinking epidemiology means shit
>kill yourself
>oh wait your shitty diet is doing that anyway

did you even read my fucking study? it acknowledges the fact that eating meat is associated with increases inflammation and diabetes and it was literally designed to test whether the link was causal or correlation and it found it to be correlation

i could go and do a study on house fires and find that fire engines are present at 99% of them, would that prove that fires are caused by fire engines?

why don't you go and find me an intervention study instead of epidemiology, a well conducted study with 60 people in beats any shitty study based on questionnaires

>
I don't have time to read the methodology of every single study where they compared vegans and on-vegans, and thats not my job because when there is so much research showing those same results it can't really be explained away with that

>i have no evidence for my position but you should totally believe me anyway

>If the methodology was bad or if it seemed to the reviewers that it swayed the results then it would likely have not been published.

any study that relies on questionnaires or a group of the general population is already inherently flawed because of uncontrollable factors, find an intervention study proving your point
>Keep in mind to this research threatens to hugely damage the profits of some agriculture corporations and so if there was any serious flaw in this research there would have been dozens of industry-paid scientists lining up to refute it or publish responses to it pointing out flaws but there usually isn't.

why would industry shills for the grain industry refute the studies? they work for the grain industry
>>
>>72125083
>There is less research on the heart disease-meat link then cancer

so stop spouting bullshit and claiming there is a link

I don't have time to look through all of them but there are some showing an increased risk as well as vegans and vegetarians being at a lower risk.>in an epidemiological study

>Only being at an increased risk of cancer
eating fibre increases risk of cancer
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19279082
despite eating more fibre the vegetarians had more colon cancer but overall they had less cancer since they smoked and drank less than meat eaters

ive already posted the other intervention study above so actually read it this time

>arthritis,

arthritis is inflammation of the joints and a ketogenic diet reduces inflammation

>obesity
http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=205916
http://annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=1900694
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0091027
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23651522
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23155696

>diabetes
http://dx.doi.org/10.1001/archinte.1920.00100060002001 http://archinte.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=533706 http://www.jci.org/articles/view/100818 http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.0954-6820.1947.tb13795.x/abstract http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3544839 http://www.nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056/NEJM198809293191304 http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/12/2/94 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1461145 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7848401 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9540949 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9853539 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15331548 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15767618 http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/2/1/34/abstract http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/86/2/276
>>
>>72112470
lack of vitamin b12
>>
>>72112470
>deep sense of ethical responsibly
>clothes made in a sweatshop in Bangladesh
>brandishes iPhone also made by a child in a sweat shop
>constant aura of superiority being projected to lesser humans
>>
File: 1452720626070 (1).jpg (19 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1452720626070 (1).jpg
19 KB, 225x225
>>72126471

>The current analysis revealed that red and processed meat intake is directly associated with risk of obesity, and higher BMI and WC

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24815945

>These US national cross-sectional data show positive associations between MC (meat consumption) and risk for obesity and central obesity.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19308071

>colorectal cancer
a more recent study with around 20,000 more test subjects then that one found there was a less chance of colorectal cancer in vegetarians

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25751512

Eating meat makes you more likely to develop diabetes
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23779232
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21831992
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23354681
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3942738/

This one recent study showed the direct molecular link between meat and cancer

>meat associated with arthirits
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16453052
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15593211

yes arthritis is inflammation of the joints but meat causes inflammation so theres that

and finally...

>Recent evidence from large prospective US and European cohort studies and from meta-analyses of epidemiological studies indicates that the long-term consumption of increasing amounts of red meat and particularly of processed meat is associated with an increased risk of total mortality, cardiovascular disease, colorectal cancer and type 2 diabetes, in both men and women. The association persists after inclusion of known confounding factors, such as age, race, BMI, history, smoking, blood pressure, lipids, physical activity and multiple nutritional parameters in multivariate analysis.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26780279
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 900x900
>it's a /pol/ confuses rational diets like pescatarianism and vegetarianism with retarded veganism and fruitarianism episode
>>
File: d52.jpg (16 KB, 231x244) Image search: [Google]
d52.jpg
16 KB, 231x244
>>72126562
>what are tempeh, nori, supplements and fortified foods

>>72126838
implying this isn't just an imaginary figure people invent so they can make fun of it and feel better about themselves
>>
>>72127973
>fedora tipping
>implying you're better than omnivores
>kill yourself
>>
>>72127973
You don't have to take B vitamins if you're a vegetarian instead of a vegan.

But as soon as the autists here are given some rope they will latch onto it and never stop spamming le funny reddit memes
>>
>>72127800
>directly associated

are you unable to fucking read?

its ASSOCIATION find me an intervention study to support what you are saying, of course in the general population meat eaters are less healthy they smoke and drink more and exercise less, just find an intervention study and i will concede that you are right
>>
File: nmd3ziiyD51szerlgo1_250.jpg (17 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
nmd3ziiyD51szerlgo1_250.jpg
17 KB, 160x160
>>72127939

Fruitarianism is dumb because you can develop serious deficiencies but whatever you think about veganism or dislike about it you shouldn't call it retarded because as long as its done right which is not difficult it can be perfectly healthy.

The issues here is that many people on /pol/ are triggered by the fact that there can be right-wing vegans, that some vegans only do it for health reasons and not moral ones, and that when done properly it reduces the risk of a number of serious illnesses.

People are unwilling to let go of the easy target of the stereotypical obnoxious liberal vegan even though its irrelevant to talking about the vegan diet.
>>
File: 1441318745686.jpg (17 KB, 500x482) Image search: [Google]
1441318745686.jpg
17 KB, 500x482
>>72112470
I'm a vegan but i fucking hate being associated with this cunts. Same goes for atheists
>>
>>72128508
less animals die eating only grass fed beef
>>
File: durian rider.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
durian rider.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
Some of us should infiltrate the vegan movement in order to redpill them
We could start shilling about how the meat industry is owned by evil capitalist jews
Vegans would be great fascists ,
They love feeling superior to other people who don't follow their lifestyle
>>
>>72128306
I am fine with those following a strict diet due to medical reasons or for one's own health. No real reason to mock those people.

You couldn't help it if you were born with Celiac disease or allergic to certain foods.

I am more pissed off however on those who are fucking smug about it, and use it as a fucking status symbol.
>>
>>72112470
Because they don't understand the nature of life or the universe. There's no fundamental difference between a living animal and a living plant. But they tell themselves that they can escape killing by only killing certain living things.

Really, veganism is a form of racism/sexism, just against plants.
When true racism was considered normal(as opposed to what modern SJWs call racism,) it was as ludicrous to be concerned about killing a black person as it is to be concerned about killing a plant today.

TL;DR because they're shitlords
>>
>>72112470
I don't know why Western vegans think they invented the idea of non meat food and act as if the rest are barbarians. Hindus and Buddhists have been doing it for thousands of fucking years. It started as a hassle-free, cheap and efficient alternative to the issues of slaughter+meat preservation in the tropical weather, especially since organized agriculture was just coming into its own. Then of course came Buddha and the "be nice to everyone kek" memes.

I genuinely think lacto ovo vegetarianism is a very efficient way of dealing with the world's looming food and water crises, making meat an occasional treat rather than the staple. But these vegan fucks are ruining that argument of efficiency and resource management, by devolving the dialogue into one of MUH FEELINGS AND MUH ETHICS AND SHITE
>>
File: 1455580232773.gif (813 KB, 400x321) Image search: [Google]
1455580232773.gif
813 KB, 400x321
>>72128259

>find me an intervention study to support what you are saying

sure thing

>intervention vegetarian diets associated with greater glycemic control
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25414824

>vegan diet intervention resulting in lower inflammation

This brief lifestyle intervention, including a vegan diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains and various legumes, nuts and seeds, significantly improved health risk factors and reduced systemic inflammation as measured by circulating CRP. The degree of improvement was associated with baseline CRP such that higher levels predicted greater decreases. The interaction between gender and baseline CRP was significant and showed that males with higher baseline CRP levels appeared to have a more robust decrease in CRP due to the intervention than did their female counterparts. It is likely that the vegetable and high fiber content of a vegan diet reduces CRP in the presences of obesity. Neither the quantity of exercise nor the length of stay was significant predictors of CRP reduction. Additionally, those participants who had a vegan diet prior to the intervention had the lowest CRP risk coming into the program.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25637150

>A low-fat, starch-based, vegan diet eaten ad libitum for 7 days results in significant favorable changes in commonly tested biomarkers that are used to predict future risks for cardiovascular disease and metabolic diseases.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25311617
>>
>>72112470
because they eat boring food, they have poor nutrition, they smell weird, ... etc

smug self-righteousness is literally all they have to live for
>>
>>72129106
now show me an intervention study of people going from a high fat meat based diet to a low fat vegan diet which shows improvements to bio markers, your studies prove that veganism is healthier than the standard american diet and i agree that that is true but its not the healthiest diet
>>
Because you can't get through their deep sense of autism.
>>
File: file.png (92 KB, 4102x2526) Image search: [Google]
file.png
92 KB, 4102x2526
Vegetarians are objectively less healthy than normal people.
>>
>>72112470
I hate it too, even belonging to the community. I can't be fucked to talk to 99% of other vegans because they're almost all insufferable cunts. Its connection to the SJW crowd makes me never want to admit that I'm vegan outside of the internet. Most people are genuinely surprised when they find out, especially since I'm quite /fit/.
>>
File: assad_pepe.png (43 KB, 200x259) Image search: [Google]
assad_pepe.png
43 KB, 200x259
>>72129091

>I don't know why Western vegans think they invented the idea of non meat food and act as if the rest are barbarians.

IMO I don't think many vegans believe this, many seem to be aware of the prevalence of vegetarianism in Asia/India and its links with religion and how those cuisines have great options or vegetarians.

On a personal level you may find people using the feels argument but in a more professional setting such as at debates/conferences or in articles published in major media they typically tend to rely on the efficiency and resource management argument which is completely correct.

In the future some people will probably pay extra for specially raised livestock from certain places and it will persist in the 3rd world but in the first world it will only be 15 or 20 years until there is widely-available lab-grown meat that is engineered and produced in a way that makes it tastier and cheaper then natural meat and possibly without some of the bad health effects. Most people will switch to it if it is cheaper and tastier which it will be easy to engineer.
>>
>>72113005
B12 deficiency is a big problem in people eating an omnivorous diet too. Everyone should take supplements tbqh.
>>
>>72128597

Intelligent vegans are vegans for health, not morals. I love eating meat, I just acknowledge the overwhelming body of evidence against eating animal foods from a nutritional standpoint.

Nutrition is such a complicated issue and it's so easy to manipulate studies to show what you want (something that happens constantly with researchers funded by the beef, egg and dairy industries) that it's impossible to look at one or two or even a few dozen studies and make a decision about what the healthiest diet is. If you want to really have a grasp on it, you need to spend at least a couple weeks researching it and these debates between vegans and average people are always so lopsided because the vegans have done the research and the normal people who do a couple google searches, grabs some studies and drop them in a thread as if it proves something, ala >>72126471 and absurd claims like, "fiber causes cancer".

You can find a studies or a group of studies "proving" anything you want. So I could keep posting links like this

>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19307518
>Meat intake and mortality: a prospective study of over half a million people.
>CONCLUSION:Red and processed meat intakes were associated with modest increases in total mortality, cancer mortality, and cardiovascular disease mortality.

and it won't matter to someone who's determined to ignore the evidence as long as they can find any study claiming otherwise. Here's what it comes down to: there's lots of controversy around animal foods. Some studies say they're fine, other studies implicate them in a wide range of diseases and cancers. But there are zero studies showing that broccoli is bad for you. As long as there's a profit to be made from pushing lots of beef, eggs, milk and cheese on the public, you'll keep seeing studies attempting to show that they're not bad for you and you'll keep seeing useful idiots (paleo diet, I'm looking at you) helping to push those ideas.
>>
File: 1457423028521.png (231 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1457423028521.png
231 KB, 640x360
>>72129504
>thinking that posting the chart of one study from 2007 with only 1320 subjects proves anything when there are dozens of studies since then using exponentially more subjects that found they were healthier

>>72129432
I don't know if those are out there and I'm kind of tired of searching for articles desu, sorry I only have studies backing up 95% of what I say instead of 100%. I'm glad you agree its healthier then the SAD but I guess we will have to agree to disagree about what is the healthiest. Make sure to vote leave in June.

>>72130057
I think its best to just talk about it like its any other thing and to not try to hide it. If anything treating it normally and not like the SJW-stereotype does helps fight the stereotype and shows that you don't have to be a flaming liberal to be vegan.
>>
>>72130224

Give a fuck, a life without red meat isn't worth living anyway, you're already dead.
>>
>vegans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsdBym3_18Y
>>
>>72130873
In my own personal experience you don't miss the taste much. A lot of vegan food can taste delicious when prepared or cooked right.
>>
>>72130873

These threads would be over a lot faster if people would just admit, "Yeah, meat is bad for me but I would rather die earlier while eating meat than live longer without it". But instead they go to absurd lengths to deny the proof.
>>
>>72131203
Word
>>
>>72130817
honestly i dont think there are any studies that have 2 groups of high carb vegans vs high fat meat eaters being compared, so far they only compare against the sad diet which is a lot unhealthier than plant based

well at least we agree on politics
>>
>claim to be vegan
>consume bacteria

Nice try
>>
>>72131203

I suppose you probably get acclimated to the taste of semen when you become a vegan.
>>
>>72131296
You can't prove it though
>>
>>72115351
Veganisn is a mental disorder
Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.