[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your opinion about the death penalty?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: deathpenalty.jpg (175 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
deathpenalty.jpg
175 KB, 1280x960
What is your opinion about the death penalty?
>>
A shit punishment. Death is a release and not a bad thing to experience.
>>
>>72107390
This, especially how tame it is nowdays
Let them rot
>>
Easier to not have it at all than to have it and try and sort it out to not be fraught with errors.

People who advocate it say that they'd save it only for people who have pleaded guilty to the most heinous crimes. To them I say that rotting in jail is probably a worse punishment.
>>
>>72107315
I'm pro death penalty. I just think if you haven't used it in a while you should get rid of it. Southern and middle states use it often so they should keep it. States like California,Washington have the death penalty but haven't used it in years. They should get rid of it.
>>
File: 1461130683428.jpg (42 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
1461130683428.jpg
42 KB, 480x600
>>72107315
In some cases death sentence can create the deterrence that is needed to prevent youth from entering the world of crime, it can also achieve the opposite outcome and serve no use at all, it all sums up to how you use the death penalty, I believe that in some cases it is needed.

I'd prefer to execute Palestinian terrorists instead of giving them a free degree and financing their kids.
>>
>>72107315
A viable punishment for certain crimes, but not without its faults.
When you have the death penalty as a punishment you always run the risk of an innocent man being executed.
Keeping a man in prison until the end of his natural life costs a lot more than a lethal injection, the chair, a bullet or a rope but perhaps it is a better form of punishment to let them rot.
>>
If it has to be done, then do it humanely and use a firing squad.
>>
I'm not against it on principle, but I don't want us to have the death penalty under our current government and the EU. They will eventually use it to punish 'hate crimes'.
>>
You can legitimately erase a criminal from your circunstances, you can't legitimately erase a criminal from existence without becoming one yourself.

Be good christians, or at least, please, don't behave like niggers against niggers.
>>
>waste of money
it literally costs more to go through the whole process of having appeal after appeal to execute someone than simply giving them life in prison

>not actually an effective deterant
the murder rate is actually higher in states and countries with the death penalty because criminals are dumb as dogshit and think it means they better kill witnesses too

>morally hypocritical
"its bad to kill people even if they deserve it... I mean unless the state does it obviously!"

>cant be undone
you can let a wrongfully convicted person out of jail but you can't bring them back to life

only good argument for the death penalty I can think of is there's some people so dangerous you can't risk them escaping (ted bundy escaped twice and killed again before they gave him the chair or example) but that could be solved by simply not having shit security
>>
>>72108071
>>72108139
I bet if you had a vote tomorrow a majority of people would vote to bring it back. Stop being losers and give your criminals the proper form of justice.
>>
Degenerate.
>>
>>72108139
>its bad to kill people even if they deserve it... I mean unless the state does it obviously!
Does anyone genuinely think like that?
>>
>>72107390
Agreed.

Death penalty is stupid: a bigger punishment is making them work their asses off.
>but how will you FORCE someone to work?
No work, no food. Sure, they may pretend to go on hunger strikes, but i garuntee they'll start doing shit when they're hungry enough
>>
File: 1419842750006.gif (912 KB, 450x327) Image search: [Google]
1419842750006.gif
912 KB, 450x327
>Person is convicted of horrible crime
>Gets executed
>Oh wait, turns out he was innocent
>What now?
>>
>>72108201
Here's what I say. The day we see Hillary Clinton, Samatha Powers, Susan Rice, Elena Kagan, Dick Cheney, George W. Bush, George H.W. Bush, Lloyd Blankfein, Jamie Dimon, Leon Panetta, Donald Rumsfeld, Rick Ruben, and at least a dozen others like that up on trial, whether domestic or in a cage at the Hauge like Morsi, live on TV, is the day that I will consider strongly whether or not we should have a death penalty.
>>
Frankly it's a waste of resources. Could put condemned to work in mines/cleaning nuclear spills etc.
>>
>>72108405
DEUS VULT
>>
>>72107315

Definitely should be reserved for the worst crimes but only in rare cases and when the evidence is overwhelming.
>>
An excellent solution, I don't like wasting tax dollars on feeding criminals
>>
I have nothing against it but it's incompatible with liberal democracy so it has to stay abolished, at least until we come up with a better system
>>
>>72108405
Direct kin gets richer
>>
>>72107315
I'm not against the idea of executing people for especially heinous crimes but the chance of being wrong makes me against it.
>>
It's quite costly, apparently.
>>
File: Amazing_Facts_Roman_Gladiators.jpg (98 KB, 770x427) Image search: [Google]
Amazing_Facts_Roman_Gladiators.jpg
98 KB, 770x427
>>72107315
I prefer if the criminals had to fight in a gladiatorial arena for the populations entertainment.
Winning their freedom, Valor, and Honor.
>>
Should be used in heinous cases where there is literally 0% doubt. There should be an 'Executor's Branch' of the government that is basically a separate arm of the legal system (like prosecutors they choose what cases they want to pursue), 50 people in the department tops, mostly clerks across the country.

After the decision is made there will be no appeals, and the execution will take place with a bullet within 2-3 days after the decision has been finalized to give the damned time to put their affairs in order / say their final goodbyes.

Again, only for the most heinous cases and when there is no doubt whatsoever, after the normal legal system has taken it's course and guilt has been completely proven.

Should be no more than 100 executions a year in a population of 20 million.
>>
>>72108508
>i don't wanna spend my tax dollars on feeding criminals!
>but the money they use for going to appeal after appeal is fine
>there's also definitely no way that we can make the shits work to make them actually worth their meals

Death penalty is the easy way out.
>>
>>72108625
>It's quite costly, apparently.
After Mexico pays for the wall, it's basically pocket change for a few rounds.

It's basically nothing compared to the usual costs of having to clean up and dispose of the body properly.
>>
>>72107315
my (the) FACT about death penalty is that it is subjective
>>
>>72107315
Let 'em rot. Don't give them the sweet release of death.
>>
>>72108648

Also those 50 people in the branch get to run around day to day with fuckin' sick ceremonial masks or hoods, rock up to a local courthouse in a hearse or something with a hood and be all "I want to see that dude who murdered a bunch of kids file to look into executing him." and walk out like a pimp.
>>
>>72107315
it depends i think

if someone is truly heinous then i think the death penalty can be justified, but at the same time i dont think the government should have the right to kill people
>>
It's not so much of a penalty as it is a fine.
>>
>>72107315
I'm for a three strikes out system.
But rather as a preventive measure than as a way to get revenge.
After a third conviction of a heavy crime like murder or violent rape this person should be put down, those individuals will never learn and cause great harm to the people around them.

I am also pro castration, which coud happen after the second conviction.
>>
>>72107315
some individuals aren't even worthy of being called human. so ideally, the following criminals would almost always get a death penalty:

murderers (premeditated)
serial rapists
pedophiles
sociopaths

none of the above qualify as human so they don't deserve any kind of humane treatment.
>>
you need solid proof to use it one someone
people that deserve it are the following
>killed more than one person either separate occasions or 2 in the same day type of kill
>killed a child under the age of 16
>raped/ molested a child
>has killed one man, and acts like a smug mother fucker and says they will do it again.

we also need harsher punishments
>rape
>terror threats/ minorities rioting saying they hate the country
>aggravated assault
cops should horse whip you within an inch of your life in public. do this and the little fuckers wouldn't dare try that shit again.
we need to be harder on criminals. seriously if we started giving them actual punishment (physical pain) they would never do it again. like assholes who abuse animals. lock them in a cage with abused rottweilers and pitbulls and let them maul the cunt. then just let him go after you patched him up. guaranteed he wouldnt go out and fuck with dogs again.

or just general assholes who fight people. let the victim beat the shit out of them with a police baton. then let the police knock some more shit out of them before just leaving them in the street while telling them ''do it again and we wont stop''

do this for about 3 months and crime would drop.
or if cops just raided every drug house/ dealer they know and executed all of them on site drug traffic would slow right down.
>>
>>72107390

FPBP.
>>
File: 1460211632356.gif (128 KB, 728x426) Image search: [Google]
1460211632356.gif
128 KB, 728x426
>>72109506
You really think violent criminals give a fuck about physical pain? When was the last time you left the house? People should know you have this shit all figured out.
>>
>>72110021
>implying those who are to tough for the physical pain would get off that easy
no those who get the pounding will be small time criminals, kids who do graffiti and such.
hardened criminals will get the beating then 10 years of shit
>square concrete room
>metal door
>to small to stand up straight in, or lie down flat in
>no window
>no light
>sleep deprived
>this song playing constantly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U2zJOryHKQ
>potatoes and water for food every day, nothing else
>1 hour a week you get to leave the cell and either get time outside to do whatever, or a better meal (once meal is gone you go back inside, no extra time or portions are given)
>1 bathroom break a day, cant hold it bad luck
>room will either be really cold or really hot
>daily floggings
>no contact with anyone
>hire some whackjob (someone like hannibal lecter) to talk to these men about their past lives and make them go batshit insane
you get that for 10 years, then after that its hard labour for the rest of your life, but you might get to see family if youre a good boy.

it would work.
>>
>>72107390
>not hanging the criminal by the neck until they're dead in the town square
>>
>>72112681
A proper hanging is meant to snap the neck and cause near-instant death. Strangulation is considered a professional failure on the part of the hangman.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.