[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Excited for the future
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 13
Am I the only one that's fucking stoked for the future, /pol/? We are literally heading into a crossover between Deus Ex and Mirror's Edge. The internet of everything, transhumanism, VR, societal chaos, uprisings, riots, terrorism, all this amazing technology and innovation... We are going to live in a cyberpunk world full of black markets, degenerates, cool technology and megacorporations. And I'm fucking STOKED!
>>
File: viper atomic.jpg (48 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
viper atomic.jpg
48 KB, 600x600
I can't help but think that somehow we're going to screw everything up and go backwards.
>>
File: WorldWithoutWhites.jpg (170 KB, 948x676) Image search: [Google]
WorldWithoutWhites.jpg
170 KB, 948x676
>>72101925
Once whites get bred out of the west and Asia is forced to become isolationist again, everything will be lost. Hopefully the dindus who inherit all of the white man's nukes end up blowing up the world so a new superior race can evolve in the ashes and bring humanity back to her former glory.
>>
>>72101925
The only two truly amazing technologies that await us are full VR and space colonization. Everything else is just fancy toys which you will get used to after a week.
>>
>>72102158
In that case I hope your chinese and westernized Asians consumed by Western pop culture eliminate the shitskins at once. But I predict our future will become much more of a corporate police state senpai
>>
>>72102254
>corporate police state
Isn't it our present already?
>>
>>72101925
the nwo is going to kill half the population
>>
>>72101925
>Deus Ex and Mirror's Edge
All the edgy fags around here will attack me for shit taste, but I agree that these are the two most aesthetically awesome sci-fi works of the last decade.
>>
>>72101925
thread theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXX7dRULFaE
>>
>>72101925
>wanting everything to be a commodity
>wanting to make the jews more powerful
>>
>>72101925
VR and CRISPR give me the will to live.

Imagine that any technology we have today will be exponentially developed in our lifetimes. Think about a man in his 20s who saw the first airplane. He likely lived to see man land on the moon. Right now we have rudimentary VR and very, very, very basic CRISPR. That means in our lifetime we'll see these technologies reach almost unimaginable heights of development.

Every day it gets better.

Oh, and move to Asia while you can. The west is lost.
>>
>>72102306
Yes, but the extra technology and electronic billboards everywhere will make it more cyberpunk-ish
>>
>tfw no Space Elevator threads
>>
>>72101925
Yeah no problem that corporations will take over the function of national governments, its 2016 after all, right side of history.
>>
>>72101925
We're gonna live in a dystopia.

It's not gonna be fun.
>>
>>72102370
This
>>
>>72102801
It is fun, Sven! We get to see everything burn and go to shit, and we will have the last laugh. "We told you so!" as we see all the feminazis being raped and groped on the streets by migrants; we will witness the complete erosion of civil liberties in the name of "security" and peace; mass surveillance of people through CCTVs, digital devices and social networks; the huge unemployment caused by automation and the uprisings.

It will be glorious!
>>
Unless they just stop printing physical currency

How's anyone gonna buy drugs with a debit card?
>>
>>72102370
Which half?
>>
>>72101925
>riots, terrorism, all this amazing technology and innovation..

top kek
>>
>>72101925
dude your forgetting about the fact we have to race war first
>>
>>72102370
I guessed this before you mentioned it. Got links?
>>
File: 1454992132250.jpg (97 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1454992132250.jpg
97 KB, 1024x1024
>>72102801
>We're gonna live in a dystopia.
>It's not gonna be fun.

I could have been born any time before, anytime after humanity sorted it's shit, but no - I got the shittest time in human history.

And fuck memes.
>>
So many portugal flags lately and it's not shitpost for the most part
>>
>>72102921
Is not fun. You aren't gonna be Adam Jensen fucking around, you gonna be some lowlife dirt walked over by riot police and gangs.
>>
>>72101925
What future?
>>
>>72103877
But this is what makes it great. You will not be a hero nor a villain, you will simply be just another person trying to get by. Walking to work with your raincoat on, watching the news about the recent terrorist strike in your country's capital from the electronic billboard on the high tech skyscraper; hearing the riot squads and warning sirens blazing in the distance; the poor people asking for spare change on the streets and all the degenerates wandering by. And then you get to be comfy watching all the chaos from your apartment's balcony, with a blanket on and some hot cocoa.
>>
>>72101925
Pretty sure the western civilization and the white race is going to disappear before 100 years. So the world will basically become like this pic

>>72102158
>>
Finally some people who understand. Most people are to concerned about living in the moment trying to survive, yet they don't even know that everything is about to change so soon. It all starts in the year 2025 and lifts off like mad around 2035. It's gunna be a bumpy, yet technological beautiful road.
>>
>>72104194
I'm young, I might be around here in 2055, maybe 2060 if we stretch it. I can't wait, man. This will be so great
>>
File: images.jpg (14 KB, 369x398) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14 KB, 369x398
Unfortunately we were born 50 years too early to see this future.
>>
reddut is that way kid
>>
>>72104369
yes for the next 50 years it will be all the same. Same cars, same phone type mediums. Maybe just abit fast download speeds and that's all. At least in the desert know as Australia.
>>
>>72104194
blease, ppl habe been daying dis for d lasd 30 years
>>
>>72104700
so the since the 80's? Don't think they had supercomputers inside their pockets. DOn't think they had CRISPR, or decent VR. Don't think they had the same lowering of manufacturing costs like today. Don;t think they had converging technologys like today. Also Don't think they were on the verge of Nanites. Or do you think that Technology, over the broad spectrum, increases at a flat rate?
>>
>>72101925
Nope, it will Shariah all over, with degradation and all, in the best case scenario - with few islands of sanity spread across the world. Total poverty, HIV, lower life expectancy and immense street violence - all those things inherent to places ruled by dindus will be present. Corporations will be in shit too, because dindus are bad workers, and they won't be able to consume once their welfare and their government "jobs" collapse.

"Hey, we got a new iPhone 60, it has a fancy innovative logo and is 0,0001 mm thinner! Buy now, loan available for 5 years at only 50%!" that's all the technological progress we are gonna get. Dindus and religious fanatics don't make good scientists, and people with brains will all be persecuted (they already are, but in the future they will be thrown to jail and/or killed).
>>
>>72105190
Demographics will totally kill all progress and any hopes for prosperity. Countries that manage to stay white - they will be in shit too, but at least will be much better off than Germanistan and the like. They'll be too busy with sorting out the Horde at their gates, though, so no development for them either.
>>
Is pessimism edgy?
>>
>>72101925
If you put it that way I'm actually pumped.
>>
>>72105553
>Is pessimism edgy?
It's the optimistic version, you haven't heard the realistic or the pessimistic ones yet.
>>
>>72101925
>>
>Being part of the age that will have the greatest destruction of life
>Not happy
>>
>>72103787

>anon here have a time machine, you'll travel to November, 100 AC, at Roman Empire.
>o-ok

>anon travels back
>f-fugg i got no computer to shitpost
>too fat for military
>starts his career as a beggar
>fucking too cold
>gets sick
>m-maybe i should propose some math formulas to roman mathematicians
>not allowed to visit because nobody cares about a random beggar
>a-anyway with money i made from begging i should start buying silk from market and sell them for higher price
>his pocket is stolen while he was traveling at market
>p-police?!
>tfw hungry
>tfw nobody cares
>tfw no doctor nor social security
>tfw still cant shitpost
>tfw no heating
>tfw no anime
>tfw no memes
>tfw jews are still jewing
>dies in his early 30s, still as a virgin

you should be grateful
>>
>>72101925
Hmmm, where do i get off this ride?
>>
File: 1454991163630.jpg (47 KB, 378x378) Image search: [Google]
1454991163630.jpg
47 KB, 378x378
>>72107010
>you should be grateful

>no stress
>everything is simpler, normal
>it's not a technocratic dystopia
Sounds like paradise desu. Should have no trouble in that society.
>>
>>72107010
>100 AC
>Jews still jewing

Pretty sure they were BTFO in 66 AC mate
>>
>>72107010
>anon here have a time machine, you'll travel to November, 100 AC, at Roman Empire.
It would be more realistic as "anon here have a flight ticket, you'll travel to present day Turkey"
>>
File: ephesus.jpg (2 MB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
ephesus.jpg
2 MB, 3872x2592
>>72107263

well, living standards of today would be an elysium tier dream for a random guy that lived in roman empire but yeah today's stress is fucking disgusting. especially if you aren't rich, or a 3rd worlder like me

>>72107517

im talking about jews living inside roman empire and they didn't btfo as you thought.
>>
>>72101925
Don't forget the sublimity that is the overarching post-music genre
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp1NWRDl0pI
>>
File: 1459862320698.jpg (89 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1459862320698.jpg
89 KB, 640x480
>>72107678
>well, living standards of today would be an elysium tier dream for a random guy that lived in roman empire but yeah today's stress is fucking disgusting. especially if you aren't rich, or a 3rd worlder like me
The stress is just not worth it. It's like everyday is a terrible day and I can't escape.

pic related.

Also
>3rd worlder
Turkey is far better off than other near east countries. You're almost developed from what I heard.
>>
>>72101925
excited for what? white beings more and more cucks?the wests self destruction in the end phase? asia being the only develped part of the world the rest going back thousands of years in technology?
>>
>>72107884

try reading or listening alan watts, maybe it can help. he changed my thoughts on several things, and it helped me a lot.
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 620x412
>>72101925
That is cool excelt its actually more like the matrix and we get tricked into giving up our lives and souls for artifical ones.

But what you said is true for rich people, they will have what you just described. They will have it for a while, then it be taken away and they plugged in as well.

The grand Architech of the matix, has always been the grand Architech.
>>
>>72108068
>He disliked much in the conventional idea of "progress". He hoped for change, but he preferred amiable, semi-isolated rural social enclaves, and also believed in tolerance for social misfits and eccentric artists. Watts decried the suburbanization of the countryside and the way of life that went with it. In one campus lecture tour, which Watts titled "The End to the Put-Down of Man", Watts presented positive images for both nature and humanity, spoke in favor of the various stages of human development (including the teenage years), reproached excessive cynicism and rivalry, and extolled intelligent creativity, good architecture and food.
Sounds like an idealist. People are far crueler than that.
>>
>>72108401
>and also believed in tolerance for social misfits and eccentric artists.
If you are not able to admit that your own group might be shit, your opinion can be disregarded.
>>
>>72104102

Move to Dehli you can do this now

(Not mentioning the three hour commute on lawless highways)
>>
>>72102158
We need to destroy our nukes and disable the reactors like they did in Crossed before the dindus take over. Bad enough the asian ragheads have them.
>>
>>72108401

Well, I don't expect you to agree him 100%, as he doesn't fit the average polack's world view(I don't agree with him 100% too), but as I said some of his lectures, talks or writings may help you overcome the stress. There are some vids of him at youtube too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_HkQ4-x4P4

Anyway, g2g hope it helps.
>>
>>72101925

We are pretty much in a cyber punk world now. We just lack the neon lighting and dark rainy streets in most places. High technology mixes with poverty and ghettos.

Corporations are more powerful than many governments.

The only real divergance is implanted tech and cybernetics, I don't see it taking off in a big way. There is no benefit to implanting a computer in your body when you can just wear one instead.

>>72102158

There are more whites alive today then ever before. Whites are increasing in absolute numbers we are simply decreasing as a percentage of the overall population. The white race will not be bred out of existence.
>>
>>72101925
Also multiple genders!!!!! What a time to be alive!!!!!!!!
>>
>>72102199
Full VR is so ridiculously far off that most of us will be in diapers or dead.

Taking the 2D monitor on your desk and sticking it in a fucking helmet is not VR, despite what that "desperately trying to become relevant again" faggot Carmack thinks.
>>
File: 1423372368254.jpg (97 KB, 768x941) Image search: [Google]
1423372368254.jpg
97 KB, 768x941
>>72101925

This isn't going to happen the way you think it will. Maybe we'll get there when we're all old men but shit is going to collapse long before we're able to live in the high tech utopia. Everything has moved too fast, while some places in the world have hardly moved at all. The whole concept of 'human rights' combined with Globalisation and the reliance on economies like China are going to destroy everything the West has been working towards for centuries. Then, after we learn our lesson, we will see the future you describe OP.
>>
>>72108525
>If you are not able to admit that your own group might be shit, your opinion can be disregarded.
I'm saying that people are like this and the wealthy are too cruel to give a fuck about them.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 400x306) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 400x306
When will I be able to 3D print solar panels and batteries then have my robot assemble them?
>>
>implying the threats of today will be the threats of 2050 after total collapse of the old world order.
>>
>>72105190
>"Hey, we got a new iPhone 60, it has a fancy innovative logo and is 0,0001 mm thinner! Buy now, loan available for 5 years at only 50%!" that's all the technological progress we are gonna get. Dindus and religious fanatics don't make good scientists, and people with brains will all be persecuted (they already are, but in the future they will be thrown to jail and/or killed).

This, we're headed straight to being a ruined world
>>
>>72109112
Oh shut your trap.

I think if you can't put a display two inches from their eyes without causing them to throw up, then you aren't going to get to Jack in neural tech. Oculus and Vive are obviously precursor techs to the holoband and the holoband to the matrix.
>>
File: kabaneri-iron-fortress.jpg (88 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
kabaneri-iron-fortress.jpg
88 KB, 610x343
>>72105190
>It's the year 20(current year)
>degeneracy has spread virally across the globe
>small fortresses dot the landscape connected by rail
>bastions of sanity
>trains run between the fortresses but they are under constant attack by dindus and snackbars

Pic related
>>
>>72109574
Go jerk off with your google cardboard.
>>
>>72102370
>Half

They want to permanently have a population beneath 500k
>>
>>72101925

It's literally going to be hell
>>
>>72104102
glorious
>>
>>72101925
>The internet of everything

In other words, more surveillance in everyone's homes and a much larger surface of attack for computer attacks.

>transhumanism

Yeah, I bet you want proprietary software running inside your body that you cannot trust. Not only can you not trust said software to do only good, but it also is another platform for surveillance.

>VR

VR isn't even remotely impressive. It's just two monitors strapped in front of your eyes with motion tracking.

>societal chaos, uprisings, riots, terrorism

I'd rather not.

>We are going to live in a cyberpunk world full of black markets, degenerates, cool technology and megacorporations

If you actually want to live in a dystopia then I feel sorry for you
>>
>>72105058
>Don't think they had supercomputers inside their pockets. DOn't think they had CRISPR, or decent VR.

We don't either.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.