[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone explain the "Don't flush toilet paper in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7
File: Toiletpaper.jpg (604 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Toiletpaper.jpg
604 KB, 2048x1536
Can anyone explain the "Don't flush toilet paper in poor countries" meme to me?

Like is it true? I know you can't drink water in some African countries but dont flash toilet paper? Where the fuck did this originate?
>>
This used to be a thing in some soviet-time apartments when i was a kid (~10yrs ago). That's because the pipes were old and shitty so they could clog up from toilet paper. in many apartments you had to throw the TP in the bin next to the toilet
>>
>>72099677

The only country where I can successfully flush toilet paper is Austria.

I have clogged many English and American toilets, and my use of tp is moderate.

When I lived in Iran we needed a fucking "tp trash can" next to the toilet, their drain pipes are legit 2 inches in diameter and will not tolerate tp at all.

I managed to clog those toilets with just regular shit.

I suppose it comes from the fact that they prefer to wash their assholes with a high pressure hose instead of toilet paper, which sounds much nastier and way messy.
>>
>>72099831
eat more fibre you disgusting jew
>>
File: oh shit.jpg (22 KB, 332x492) Image search: [Google]
oh shit.jpg
22 KB, 332x492
>>72099677

Poor countries don't have sewer systems capable of handling toilet paper. It literally clogs them up and you get shit floods in the streets. They actually keep little waste baskets by their toilets to throw shit covered paper in to be thrown out with the garbage.

Then again its not just poor countries that have those kinds of problems. France has to actually roll a big wood covered, concrete core ball down its sewage tunnels to clear out blockages from paper build up.

I wish I was joking about this.
>>
>>72099828
but shit is 10 times more bigger than fucking toilet paper?

>>72099831
yes toilet paper disolves in water so its weird how its not flushable

i have more trouble flushing my shits than flusing toilet paper

so where does this joke come from?
>>
>>72099896
>They actually keep little waste baskets by their toilets to throw shit covered paper in to be thrown out with the garbage.

fuck off fucking retard

that would stink as fucking fuck if you put toilet paper WITH ACTUAL SHIT ON IT in a fucking rubbige bin
>>
Shitty plumbing
>>
° <-- pipe diameter to fit puny third world shits.

<-- Pic related = Pipe diameter required to fit my massive shits.
>>
>>72099966
but how is toilet paper more dangerous of getting stuck than shits itself?

if you lay a big shit you cant flush it and you need to break it in half with a piece of toilet paper

but toilet paper fucking dissolves in water so how the fuck wouldnt you be able to flush it? its 100x smaller than shit
>>
>>72099677

It is true, but it isn't I poor countries. It is in poor areas. Those drain pipes are usually made out of steel or copper. That can be expensive material. A way to cut the cost is to buy a smaller diameter pipe. Smaller diameter pipes have a greater chance to clog up. And clogs can sometimes produce a backup of raw sewage into a bathroom. Thus, no flushing of toilet paper is recommended.
>>
>>72099959

This actually is already the case in hotels in greece. In Corfu they even do this...
>>
>>72099919

>so where does this joke come from?

Its not a joke if its real.

>>72099867

I eat lots of fiber. European shit is simply too much for all these untermensch toilets.
>>
>>72100069
>>72100115
>>72100170
thats fucking disgusting

im never going back to 3rd world shitholes like greece or any other african shithole for that matter

jesus christ imagine the smell of having actual shit on toilet paper in the fucking garbage can for a small week

jesus christ im gonna poop
>>
>>72099896
It's called pigging in the trade. You pig the pipes to clean them out.
>>
>>72100069

This sounds like rubbish. Copper is far far too expencive. Surely the world uses concrete/clay ect for sewer pipes?
>>
>>72099677
It's not a meme. First encountered this when making holiday in Greece, by the way.

Many countries simply didn't design their sewage system for anything other than fluids, because using thinner pipes obviously lowers the material costs. So flushing "solid" objects like toilet paper, tampons or sanitary pads can clog up the drain.

Also, what the fuck does this have to do with /pol/?
>>
>>72100215

>actual shit on toilet paper in the fucking garbage can for a small week

buy a trash can which seals properly.

We tossed the bags once every 3 days.

In the summer you could smell all the shitty tp bags from the dumpster across the street.
>>
>>72099831
>high pressure hose instead of toilet paper
To be honest it probably does a better of cleaning, like if you got shit on your hands you wouldn't wipe them clean with a paper towel, you'd use water
>>
>>72099677
mexicans do this here in south texas, they'll throw shitty TP in the trash or if it's too far away, they'll just toss it behind the toilet
>>
>>72100421
*better job
>>
File: 1297380311814.jpg (41 KB, 227x265) Image search: [Google]
1297380311814.jpg
41 KB, 227x265
back in school a greek classmate of mine said his family had a huge house in greece so our geography teacher somehow managed to convince the principal of allowing our class to go on a trip there.
the house was garbage; 6 people had to sleep in the garage and we had to push each other's used toilet paper into a bin
>>
>have to put shit covered toilet paper in a bin and just leave it there until it gets full
How is this not a bio hazard or something?
Doesnt it defeat the purpose of waste disposal if you cant even dispose of it properly?

Imagine walking into your bathroom and the stench is fucking unbearable because you have to leave the paper in there every time

Is this why Indians refuse to poo in the fucking loo?
>>
>>72099677
because in the past the toilet paper are actually like paper, hard to dissolve in water.
but in [current year] those toilet paper are easier to dissolve with water
>>
>>72100523
so these days you can flush it everywhere?

i get a feeling you guys are pulling fucking jokes on me and make me go throw toilet paper in the fucking garbage bin whenever im on holiday again
>>
>>72100320
Concrete or clay? Kek my god man get out of the fucking house. PVC has been around a long fucking time now.
>>
>>72100421

I'd rather live with a little bit of shit residue near my anus then getting my hands which I use to prepare food and eat blasted with shit water.
>>
Lol wow rest of the world you fucking savages don't even try to justify this one
>>
>>72100606
>i get a feeling you guys are pulling fucking jokes on me and make me go throw toilet paper in the fucking garbage bin whenever im on holiday again

that brazilian guy on this thread >>72096008
not meme-ing. this shit is real.

so you know
in the bin it goes
hue hue hue
>>
Like some people already said here,some poor areas in kind of old cities can still be using the old sewage system that can get clogged with toilet paper

In the favelas of Rio and most cities in the Northeastern region here this happens,but in most places it's no problem at all,for example the city where i live was built about 50 years ago so everything is relatively new,and the government is pretty fast in fixing stuff
>>
>>72100794
So it's kinda like

TAKE YOUR TEEPEE TO THE GARBAGE BINEE
>>
>>72099896
Source ? It's the first time I've ever heard of that and google brings nothing
>>
File: Bushtoilet.gif (13 KB, 455x722) Image search: [Google]
Bushtoilet.gif
13 KB, 455x722
>>72100504
>never used a Long drop toilet

>>72100685
>what is hand washing
>>
>>72100685
>getting my hands which I use to prepare food and eat blasted with shit water.

i assume youre not afraid of using soap.
and if you're an ass guy..
perhaps you wouldn't mind the shit bits either
>>
>>72099677
HAHAHA.

NOW YOU KNOW SUPERIORITY OF DESIGNATED STREET. NO FLUSH, JUST TUSH BEHIND A BUSH
>>
>>72099831
>I have clogged many English and American toilets
Fucking how big are your shits lad? When I was in high school I successfully flushed an orange trying to clog the toilet.
>>
>>72099677
Their pipes can't handle it. Or it was their purification plants. Ours is obviously superiour.
>>
>>72100924
>I successfully flushed an orange trying to clog the toilet.
for a second there I thought you shat an orange
>>
>>72100914
TAKE YOUR POO
>>
>>72099677
You never have to worry about this in America, we all eat so much burger they know they have to make the shit pipes enormous
>>
>>72100914
nice
>>
>>72100855
>flies go out
>blocked by fly trap
>pipe gets clogged

Someone explain the idea behind this
>>
>>72101006
But serious answer would be clogging of drain pipes because poor sewage infrastructure
>>
>>72100855

No.

"washing your hands" isn't enough.

I'm a clean person and prefer tp to having shit stink on my hands for a few hours, not to mention it might get under your nails.

I wash my hands after every toilet use and before handling food.

>>72100872

Fuck that.

>>72100924

Big logs of shit is what they are. Usually around 8 inches long and around 3 inches thick.
>>
>>72099677
We don't do this, but some public places have bins due to retards from small villages do not understanding what to do.
>>
>>72101075
So now you get clogging of streets because of poor sewage system?
>>
>>72101106
lel
ass guy detected
just use a bidet
it'll taste better
unless you're into scat
TP all the way then

>Usually around 8 inches long and around 3 inches thick.

lol is this the famous bbc?
>>
It can get confusing in Japan because some toilets allow you to flush the TP and some you can't. In Kyoto I went to a female toilet and it stunk like piss. I noticed a large pile of used TP and that's where the smell was coming from.
>>
>>72101259

>lol is this the famous bbc?

big block of crap?

yep.
>>
>>72099677
Some countries have really shitty piping and canalization systems. They can really easily become clogged.

I speak from my former soviet experience. I remember water pipe suddenly bursting in the night and flooding the entire building. I remember toilet constantly clogging. We had no proper toilet paper and had to use some hard as fuck wrapping paper. And yes, we had a bucket in the toilet to discard this shitted paper to.

BUT AT LEAST WE DID POO IN LOO (when it wasn't clogged)
>>
>>72101198
Nah. We have world class street infrastructure. Somewhere under all the shit
>>
>>72099677
I flushed the toilet paper in US and had to use a toilet pump on two separate occasions. So fuck your toilets
>>
>>72101359
a bit hard when youre constipated..
its like getting sodomized by turd

>>72101377
>BUT AT LEAST WE DID POO IN LOO (when it wasn't clogged)

LOL what happened after it was clogged?
>>
File: e77ce9b0fb16_sf_1.jpg (39 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
e77ce9b0fb16_sf_1.jpg
39 KB, 480x360
>>72100855
Fuck that. Imagine if the floor broke it would be like a one way trip to new delhi.
>>
>>72101063
Flies will literally go with the wind and be trapped up the pipe. At some point they just die on the heap of shit.
>>
>>72101546
>Imagine if the floor broke
mate, i don't think anyone of us is heavy enough to have that concern.
>>
>>72101540
no shitting for a week ;_;

next shit clogs the toilet even harder

cycle continues and fuels itself
>>
>>72101540

I shit 5 times a week.

Not constipated in the slightest.
>>
>>72099831
American and English plumbing is low-budget compared to European. I have also clogged toilets by simply shitting in the US, and the brits put the sewage pipes on the outside of the house to make sure they freeze in the winter.

There's another issue. In the western world we have dissolving toilet paper, which is more expensive to produce. If you put paper towels in water and compare it to toilet paper you will see that the toilet paper dissolves whereas the paper towel doesn't. Some countries have tp that is made from a similar fabric as paper towels.
>>
>>72101728
you don't shit on weekends?
the turd will have hardened on the third day.

>>72101686
>no shitting for a week ;_;

lol that's gonna fuck your colon
>>
File: Bush toilet.jpg (26 KB, 765x533) Image search: [Google]
Bush toilet.jpg
26 KB, 765x533
>>72100855
It's a good system but for short stay (1-2 weeks) I prefer pic related
>>
>>72100069
This is complete bullshit. Older areas have cast iron pipes that have become brittle and have breaks and roots grown into them, causing clogs. Code has specified 3" pipe and usually 4" everywhere, for a very long time.

t. Plumber
>>
>>72102160
pic related would make van gogh proud
>>
>>72099677
I'm a professional cowboy and I use catheters. Been cowboyin' for 25 years. I've had 14 broken bones, 2 concussions and a punctured lung. I know pain and I don't want any more of it. Especially when I cath.
>>
>>72102280
keked
He has always been an inspiration for me.
>>
>>72102146

Who said I shit when I'm at work?
>>
>>72102353
So guys get this, I've been left by this virtual girlfriend I had a week ago because I didn't grant her access to the guild bank.
Three days later I wasn't getting any more nude pics from her and I was horny so I basically let her in and gave her access.
Today I log in and the bank is EMPTY like not even fucking level 90s epics are there anymore and the girl gquit.
I was just an officer and I'm pretty sad about how things turned out which made me gquit aswell out of shame.
Planning on not logging this character or any of my guild alts ever again.
The thing is she deleted me from battlenet and skype too. She probably thinks I'm angry with her which I'm really not, just disappointed.
Already tried sending friend requests on skype and sent her a tell on my characters but she ignores all of them.
I deleted my 100 shaman which I didn't use anyway to make an alt and tell her Im not mad but she ignored me again and doesn't answer to mails.
Would asking some random person in Orgrimmar to talk in my behalf (for some gold) be too much?
>>
>>72102430
Why would you not shit on company time?
>>
>>72102430
you work 2 days only?
>>
>>72101063
This is actually one of the most important pieces of construction in developing countries. It's called a pit latrine. The idea of a pit latrine is to prevent the spread of diseases. The pit itself is better than open defecation, but an outhouse is preferable. The outhouse will prevent lots of flies coming in. Some flies will always get in, however, and you don't want them to spread from the latrine and into the neighboring area where people live and eat, since the flies spread the diseases. The decomposition of the shit will produce a chimney effect in the pipe, so that's where the flies will go. They will also see the light at the end of the pipe, which they will follow. When they reach the screen, they get stuck and die after a while and fall into the latrine. This way, they are prevented from spreading diseases from the shit to nearby areas.

Pit latrines are one of the most cost-efficient ways of saving lives in developing countries, especially in rural areas.
>>
>>72102479
This
Taking a shit AND getting paid. Life doesn't get much better
>>
>>72102479

I mean.

I do it pretty often, usually 3 times a week I'm shitting at work.

My job is so fucking boring anyway, I just shitpost on /pol/ since literally the normies have no clue this webpage exists.

The office doesn't have one of those filtration programs for web traffic, thanks to me, since I persuaded everyone with my Hitler-esque debating skills that getting one of those filters is more trouble than its worth and just wasted money. We have a firewall to keep out malicious software.
>>
>>72102029
Americans use one type of plumbing in all 50 states no exceptions. Yeah you're dumb. Maybe ancient apartments have this problem, but my homes never have nor business nor school etc.
>>
>When you realize you have been using a trash bin next to your toilet all your life and believed it was the norm until you read this post.
>>
>>72103373
/pol/ gives people enlightenment Buddhists wouldn't dare talk about
>>
>>72099828
Lol b-b-but they didn't have free plumbing n free everything?
>>
>>72102947
American denial at its finest. Your water tastes like chlorine, your locks are useless and your plumbing is shit. This is the case in a vast majority of homes in every state I've been to (25 of them), yet they are problems I have never experienced in Scandinavia, Germany, Austria or Switzerland.
>>
Come to /pol/
Everybody is talking shit

My work here is done.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.