[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I must visit hospital. Why is urop so awful at English?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: 6.jpg (247 KB, 2197x1465) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
247 KB, 2197x1465
>I must visit hospital.

Why is urop so awful at English?
>>
>>72098341
They treat hospital the same way we treat school
You don't say "I must go to the school"
You say "I must go to school"
>>
>>72098341

Because the average european speaks 2.3 languages, as opposed to the average american who speaks 0.79
>>
>>72098341
in america they say call da amberlamps
>>
File: well hello mr dog.gif (2 MB, 300x437) Image search: [Google]
well hello mr dog.gif
2 MB, 300x437
>>72100108
/thread
>>
>>72098341
Not really. You might say 'I'm going into hospital', meaning 'I'm being taken into medical care' but to visit implies a journey to a specific place, so you would use the definite article (if it's known) or the indefinite if you haven't yet decided.
>>
>>72098341
I bet this came from a russian, right? They dont have articles as far as i know
>>
>>72100682
Chinese doesn't have articles like "the" either. The only one they really have is 一个 (a). But Chinese learning English tend to overuse articles in English
t. Ameri-asian learning 中文
>>
Ég blæðingar innvortis. Mun einhver vinsamlegast hjálpa mér?

Honestly, Icelandic is basically Old English from a thousand years ago.
>>
>>72100682
No, it's a correct form in British English to omit the article from hospital when using it in the sense of it being a phenomena. Although the OP has misused it.

>>72100993
Apart from the fact that it's Old Norse. Old English is basically Old English.
>>
>>72098341
>Why is urop so awful at English?
Why are americans so awful at foreign languages ?
>>
>>72100993

>tfw you will never speak icelandic
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 389x129) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 389x129
> I go to university.
>>
Fun Fact: every air traffic controller around the world is required to speak English when contacting any aircraft.

English is the language of business and commerce world-wide. That's why it is taught in schools everywhere.

It is not up to us to learn your shitty language, and you know it.
>>
>>72101166
hversu mikið fyrir endaþarms?
>>
>>72101209
>It is not up to us to learn your shitty language, and you know it.
However speaking several languages gives you a bonus for future employers.

checkmate burger
>>
File: 1460629630884.jpg (29 KB, 480x553) Image search: [Google]
1460629630884.jpg
29 KB, 480x553
>>72098341
Stop talking like 'mup da doo didda po mo gub dat tum muhfugen bix nood cof bin dub ho muhfugga ' T,yrone.
>>
>>72101166
móðir þín er hóra
>>
It's quite strange how every single time I see someone mix up you're and your on this board, it's always an American flag.

Why can't Americans even write their own language properly?
>>
>>72101260

Not for sale faggot

>>72101308

That is basically swedish
>>
>>72098341
I'd say, "I'm on the sudden urge of attending the hospital, due the fact that I legitimate feel sick and/or require to do a task that involves visiting this specific place".
>>
Fun Fact 2: I travel to Iceland and everyone speaks English. When I speak a few Icelandic phrases, the locals act like I am a visiting God doing them the greatest favor of their lives.
>>
Vinsamlegast strjúka rassinn minn
>>
File: 1450254453805.gif (1 MB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
1450254453805.gif
1 MB, 400x320
>itt: Foreign cunts tell native English speakers how to speak their own language
You fags deserve to be raped by all the Muslims you're letting through your borders.
>>
Ég óska eftir að vera nauðgað af sterkum Múslímar mönnum
>>
Ich wünsche von starken Muslimen Männer vergewaltigt zu werden
>>
Je souhaite être violée par de fortes musulmans hommes
>>
>>72101327
>not putting "you're" and "your" into quotations
Swing and a miss Genghis.
>>
>>72098341
Every time I see this dudes face it reminds me of how fucking disgusting and inbred British people are.
>>
As a courtesy to our ignorant friends, I will offer you a few common phrases in English:

Thank you for rescuing me from the Muslim hordes.

May I help to build the wall?

Please sir, may I fondle your buttocks?

Would you do me the favor of impregnating my daughter?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.