[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm curious of /pol/'s opinion on Terence McKenn. Redpilled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 219x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 219x300
“We have to create culture, don’t watch TV, don’t read magazines, don’t even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you’re worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you’re giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told ‘no’, we’re unimportant, we’re peripheral. ‘Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.’ And then you’re a player, you don’t want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.”
>>
he was red pilled

but slowly turned blue pilled due to all the drugs

his late recordings were mostly xD 420 blaze it
>>
*McKenna*
>>
>>72090714
Like, woah, deep man...
*puffs on LCD joint*
>>
File: dumb bitch.png (11 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
dumb bitch.png
11 KB, 420x420
Terence’s pivotal existential crisis came abruptly. Sometime in ’88 or ’89. Everything that happened after that event was fallout. I don’t know exactly when it happened and I don’t know exactly what happened. I am piecing it together from what Kat has told me and she has volunteered few details and I am reluctant to probe. It happened when they were living for a time on the Big Island and it was a mushroom trip they shared that was absolutely terrifying for Terence. It was terrifying because, for some reason, the mushroom turned on him. The gentle, wise, humorous mushroom spirit that he had come to know and trust as an ally and teacher ripped back the facade to reveal an abyss of utter existential despair. Terence kept saying, so Kat told me, that it was, “a lack of all meaning, a lack of all meaning.” And this induced panic in Terence and probably, I speculate, a feeling that he was going mad. He couldn’t deal with it. Kat’s efforts to reassure him were fruitless. After that experience, he never again took mushrooms and he took other psychedelics such as DMT and Ayahuasca only on rare occasions and with great reluctance.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 438x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 438x480
>>72090839
Maybe this has some truth to it? Pic related...
>>
Psychedelics are the real red pill you fucking plebs

DUDE

DMT

LMAO

Captcha: kayaks
>>
>>72090964
Every 'great realization' people have on psychedelics only seems great because their brain isn't functioning normally.
>>
>>72091055
Think about that.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASQiXVa3LB8

pied piper
>>
>>72091055
...'They predict that LSD may behave in a similar way to psilocybin, reducing blood flow to the control centers of the brain and thus dampening their activity, which ultimately enhances brain connectivity. In doing so, psilocybin seems to help brain regions that are normally distinct begin to communicate with one another, which could be why we see an increase in creativity with the use of this substance.'
http://www.iflscience.com/brain/uk-scientists-are-conducting-worlds-first-imaging-study-brain-lsd
>>
>dude I'm so much smarter than a druggie
>now let me resume memeing

https://youtu.be/9B3gla-qJ_4
>>
>>72090964
damn. really makes you think huh?
>>
>>72090714

He died from rare brain cancer.

He certainly expanded his mind.
>>
>>72090714

He was a fucking genius.

Just look at the way he speaks. Those words rarely come from his intellectual mind.

He basically told you not to be a fucking normie. Seriously, being normal is the worst thing you can do. It is blasphemy.
>>
I saw him speak. He actually said something interesting.

"What I thought was absolutely relative, was only relatively relative..."

lol, well that solves that!
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>72092016
A brain cancer that climbed it's way out of his genetics, not a consequence of his drug use.
Just FYI
>>
Society functions largely as a communally accepted "I'll carry this 50 pound bag of bricks because my dad did, and his dad did" or vice versa for women (I'll have kids and a wedding and settle down ASAP)...but nobody really finds themselves, and ultimately are depressed and addicted to various pills/drugs in the process...

His ultimate message is this: even if you're scared...try to move towards the unknown. Get lost for a minute; just get lost. You do it on roller coasters and shit...why not apply it to your life? Ask the question...what have you been doing with your life? And for whom? Your parents? Your girlfriend? You? Hallucinogens sometime bring clarity, that's all..
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 628x358) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 628x358
>>72092016
>>72091513
Maybe TPTB (CIA?,FBI?), if he did at one point do their bidding, maybe they inoculated him with some type of carcinogen when he broke away and ran around spouting the rhetoric he became so famous for.
I don't know, I'm still studying this man.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7OX77Qv66qw

One of his best. Agree with his methods or not, he was an intelligent man.
>>
>>72092308

Ok. Yeah, the drugs fucked up his brain.

Mr. Smoke DMT twice in a row every morning.
>>
Invisible Landscape was bretty gud
>>
>>72092632
What about your life specifically is so important that dying at 65 is such a bad fate? How have you been duped into thinking your particular lot in life, your societal niche that you probably had little say in, is any more important than the next?
>>
He was a crackpot pseudoscientist who attacked science and thought magic was real. His Timewave novelty theory or whatever it was got debunked by a Cambridge mathematician. He has the dubious distinction of being anti-science and anti-Christian, and openly advocated Marxism, anti-white prejudice and bisexuality as a norm. He's thoroughly discredited, and with good reason. He was a brilliant guy, but warped.

He's like Hunter S. Thompson. Brilliant, but personality problems stopped him from doing truly great work.

One more thing I can say about him is that his cultural prescription for individuals to create their own culture... well, we can see what the consequences of that are today. Look at what's being peddled on Twitter and on campuses and see how well DIY culture is working out...

t. Read most of his books, listened to the majority of his Esalen workshops
>>
>>72090714
He was pretty alright, though some of his later shit is way BP.

Definitely worth listening to with a critical mind.
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 500x434) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 500x434
>>72092632
You're pathetic.
Like you even really know..?
>>
>>72090839
You can fit a television in a joint?
>>
>>72092974
/thread
>>
File: image.gif (490 KB, 382x498) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
490 KB, 382x498
Most of the worlds great religions were founded presumably on the use of psychedelic drugs.

It is said that the burning bush Moses encountered was a tree found in egypt rich in DMT

It is postulated that Moses, Jesus, ad the Buddha were under the influence of psylocybin mushrooms.

Think about it. What do all the prophets have in common? They do some shit as nobodies. Then, they suddenly fucking VANISH for a period of time. Then when they come back, they flip the world upside down. Moses, Buddha, Jesus, Mohammad. They all did this. Jesus was a nobody, but when he came back he flipped the Roman empire upside down. Mohammad came back and turned a third of the known world into Islam.

There is much reason to believe these men went away and did shrooms, reached a type of enlightenment and brought it back to share with the world.
>>
>>72090714
He literally died of a brain cancer caused by doing too many drugs
>>
>>72092490
They also bring false truths that seem insightful at the time, but then you sober up and realize they are meaningless.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (32 KB, 395x454) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
32 KB, 395x454
>>72090926
>>
>>72092974
He stated many times throughout his many speeches that he "believed" in nothing in order to always be prepared for new realizations and ideas. He basically said himself that none of what he said should have ever been taken as truth, but rather as suggestions to possible truths.
>>
DUDE
CIA
LMAO
>>
Has anyone here tried DMT?

Id love to see the reactionaries on here criticize a substance thats LITERALLY INSIDE YOU RIGHT NOW
>>
>>72093224
he had his own remorse about misleading those who were seeking the truth. The mushroom took back for the cowardice of his youth. Don't you forget that. Coming to terms and facing your demons are two very different things. Pain and sacrifice are not an easy pass.
>>
>>72093562
first of all, not an argument.

second of all, I've only done a small does, and am friends with someone who has taken a lot.

any questions?
>>
File: 1451264650039.gif (712 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1451264650039.gif
712 KB, 500x500
>>72093562

A few times, along with psilocybin and a others.

It's interesting but nothing to base a life around.
>>
>>72093681

Interesting, yes when I took LSD it was in a party environment and whoever or whatever I saw and spoke to did not take kindly to that and made sure I knew it.

I've occasionally took mushrooms after that but was very careful to 'respect' them and the process.

That was many years ago though.
>>
>>72093729
Ya how was it
>>
>>72091615
i don't know about that, but having done mushrooms a handful of times it really sets your pattern recognition into overdrive. i remember going out at night with a full moon and i was hanging out next to a beehive. the bees were patrolling the outside of the hive in a way that almost seemed predetermined. they had arcs to their path and areas where they would speed up, slow down and meet with another bee and they kept ending repeating the same patterns, not as an individual but as all the individuals on the face of the hive. it was really interesting.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.