[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We have 1.6 million prisoners in USA. According to California's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: 1455484381114.jpg (41 KB, 558x428) Image search: [Google]
1455484381114.jpg
41 KB, 558x428
We have 1.6 million prisoners in USA. According to California's justice website it costs them $72k a year to house a prisoner after all expenses, which we can assume is a decent average for the country.
That's roughly $115,000,000,000 USD a year spent on prisoners.

Give me one moral reason that prisoners shouldn't simply be executed. This money does not come from nowhere — we are taking money from taxpaying US citizens. And remember that time IS money, we are therefore taking time from taxpaying non-criminals and handing it to criminals.
The total US budget revenue in 2015 was $3.2 trillion, that means nearly 1/32nd of the ENTIRE revenue will be spent on prisoners.

To contrast as to what's spent on other programs:
Veteran's benefits and services gets $158 billion
Science, Space and Technology got $27.8 billion
Agriculture got $17 billion USD
>>
>>72087274
Put them to work building the wall and other mega projects instead of them just sitting around getting fat in the Pokey.
>>
>>72087274

Because I could get you to try heroin during any rough patch in your life and youd end up in there.
>>
>>72087274
Repeating offenders should be sent to islands and taught how to survive, or dumped in the jungle in Africa.
>>
Send them to war.
>>
>>72087274
Work makes you free
>>
>>72087274
>Give me one moral reason that prisoners shouldn't simply be executed.
1.) Costs more to execute them than to keep them in for life
2.) Not all of them are violent psychopaths
Could be put to good use though, I agree with >>72087433
>>
>>72087740
>1.) Costs more to execute them than to keep them in for life

No it doesn't.
What costs so much is the bureaucracy surrounding it.
>>
>>72087274
Use them as forced labour to construct thing as >>72087433 said. Or in general use them as slaves. Most of their ancestors could pick cotton. Let them go back to that.
>>
>>72087274
I think what we need to ask ourselves is why it costs more to house a single prisoner than it does for a single person to live freely off that money.

With $72k a year you can own a nice house, drive a nice car, eat good food all day errday while watching TV on a bigass TV and never work a day in your life. Entire families live relatively well on that kind of money.

Do you have any idea how atrocious living conditions are for prisoners? Considering the scale of the project involved I'd be utterly shocked if that cost per prisoner should be more than $12k per year.

Food, utilities, property payments.. All of that should be cheap as fuck. The rest goes where exactly?
>>
use them to Australia the shit out of Africa.
Africa will be our penal colony.
>>
>>72087889
This sounds like such a great plan.
>>
File: 1434284181997.jpg (50 KB, 549x376) Image search: [Google]
1434284181997.jpg
50 KB, 549x376
>>72087846
>Food, utilities, property payments.. All of that should be cheap as fuck. The rest goes where exactly?
>>
>>72087889
>>72087967
Using the dindus as a biological weapon by air dropping them in Kebabistan would be quite fun too. Just give them a starter pack of crack cocaine and a gun with some ammo. The goat fuckers will never understand what hit them.
>>
>>72087846
Not in california.
It costs 72k in cali, according to the OP. It's basically a meme to use that as the average for the entire country.
>>
>>72088084
Puriti subarashī aidea watashi no Hokuō no tomodachi
>>
>>72088199
not true
the more populous a state is, the more prisoners it has.
Texas+California+Florida have about a third of the entire country's prison population.
>>
>>72087274
Why not reform treatment for non-violent drug offenses so that we aren't keeping a bunch of stoners and junkies that never did nuffin to nobody in the big house?
Just legalise all the drugs and stop literally being a nanny state to these people. That would save us a fuckton of tax dosh.
>>
>>72088199
>It costs 72k in cali, according to the OP.
The question is why does it cost so fucking much ANYWHERE? Or are you telling me these prisons have billion dollar beach front properties? Jesus man, leave the shitposting to aussies.
>>
>>72087274
it costs a lot more to execute a prisoner than to house them in jail for life. There's a lot of judicial processes required in capital cases like the death penalty, and often times the cost for these cases exceeded the cost of housing a prisoner for life. And besides, most death row inmates either die of natural causes or suicide before they're actually put to death.

There's also the problem of actually taking a person out of this world. If the executioner fucks up the injection the person can die a very painful death and it can take longer than normal for them to pass. This also costs a lot of money because you know the family will sue for a botched execution.
>>
>>72088084
Top kek killing kebab with aids.
>>
>>72089133
Forgot the article I was gonna link

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/parade-magazine-cost-capital-punishment
>>
>>72089133
why not just shoot or hang them?
>>
>>72089464
That's considered "cruel and unusual punishment" in the US. Go figure.
>>
>>72089623
thats why your country is full of cucks and faggots.
>>
>>72087274
You are correct.

All countries could put their prisoners to better use, that is, to do work without pay.
>>
>>72087466
Lol m8, 90% of my life has been a rough patch and I've never done heroine
>>
Well if it is too expensive, you could cut the costs by outsourcing this. I am sure there are several countries which would offer to take care of your prisoners for less money (China, NK, Russia, Middle East, ...).
Could be used for long sentences.
>>
>>72089464
>>72089623
>>72089829

When the constitution was written (outlining no cruel/unusual punishment) we did far worse things than hanging or shooting squads, i fucking hate the "living document" meme
>>
>>72089930
>pay
Their pay is room and board desu
>>
>>72087274
You send them to a hostile island inhabited by retards. Like australia.

Only thing that changed is the retards have lighter skin now.
>>
>>72089222
Imagine the chaos of 30,000 dindus released on the streets of Bagdad.
>>
Most of that money goes to paying guards vendors that bring in food to sell in commissary the power bill because they keep the temp in the 60s the buses etc.
>>
>>72087274
Because some prisoners still prove to be useful for one.

Many prisoners in my state are used in sanitation projects, picking up litter and the like.

Then you have people like men who have been falsely accused of rape who end up in prison on say so. I guess you want them murdered too?

Faggot, sometimes death isn't justice. Not even something as draconian as a hand taken from thieves includes death.

Then there are dumb fucking kids making dumb fucking mistakes who get sent to prison, learn their lesson and get out.

Yeah, it's jusf retarded.

They need to be put to work without pay, the ones who act the best and prove to be reliable can get a small amount of pay to start saving up for a place to live outside of prison once they get out.

The trouble makers of course are put to the hardest tasks.
>>
>>72090267
>Henkō yuiitsu no mono wa, oso-kaku ga karuku hada o motte imasu
Kekekekeeh!!!
Anata okuraseru ni wa, imanani o shimasu ka?
>>
Prisons provide way too many jobs for some communities like the only decent paying jobs in some places is working in a prison.
>>
>>72090514
I'm a professional cowboy and I use catheters. Been cowboyin' for 25 years. I've had 14 broken bones, 2 concussions and a punctured lung. I know pain and I don't want any more of it. Especially when I cath.
>>
>>72087274
This money spent isn't just thrown in a ditch and burned, someone - somewhere is making profit from this. They have all the money and for that reason in your country they have all the power, your political system is bought and paid for.

The one moral reason for not killing them all is because they don't deserve to die, the vast majority of them don't even deserve to be locked up.

They should all be released, 90% of the prisons should be closed, the 10% left need to be taken out of private profiteering hands and run non-profit. While you're at it you really need to drop these profiteering scum and the politicians who support it into those remaining 10%, along with murderers and rapists who are too dangerous.
>>
>>72087274
This is an issue with bureaucracy. It's 1/3 the amount you say, which is not the point though.
Source:
http://www.vera.org/sites/default/files/resources/downloads/price-of-prisons-updated-version-021914.pdf
> The total
price to taxpayers was $39 billion, $5.4 billion more than the $33.5 billion reflected in corrections budgets
alone.

You want a moral reason why not to kill someone? You want to give the government absolute power over the ability to choose whether someone lives or dies? You must be very careful, as ABSOLUTE power corrupts ABSOLUTELY. Our judicial system would become a governmental assassin system, killing off everyone who has been convicted of a "social injustice" or plotting to weed out government corruption. You are allowing the government and majority rule complete control over your life. This is exactly why America retreated from Britain, we wanted freedom and not the aforementioned rulers. With that freedom we created the greatest country of the modern world (atleast in terms of invention and academic achievement).

The much easier way to fix the prison problem is:
>to deal with the increased spending (nearly 4x in the last two decades)
>Keep prison focused on rehabilitation, not removal. This grants the most freedoms (atleast in the current government system) to the common man and allows mistakes.
>>
>>72089829
Calm down Vietnam, we cant all be a perfect communist country like you. And stop trying to hack into my Steam account, I'm sick of every IP being from Vietnam.
>>
Morality? Drinking and driving or pirating does no deserve death
>>
>>72087274
Get them working.

They can do the jobs for less than minimum wage while they're in jail. Factories and stuff.

And of course >>72087433
BUILD IT
>>
>>72092549
you should grow up, kiddo. Only faggots play video games.
>>
>>72090884
>killing murderers is BAD anon
>killing criminals will CORRUPT the system
>don't you see the REAL solution is to keep violent criminals alive, because surely if we stop them from MURDERING then their next natural impulse will not be to use the LAW to hurt people

I wonder if you realize how fucking DUMB you sound
>>
>>72087433
>>72087740
>>72092945
having them work for less than minimum wage will destroy our economy
>>
>>72087740
>costs more to execute them
Bullets are expensive these days?
>>
>>72087466
Relevant how?
>>
>>72087274
Or, make imprisonment about reform, future employability, and community service. The economic benefit of each could be seen in their future abilities with skills learned, good done, and less future costs to the judicial and prison systems.
It could bring a boom in charitable systems, a plethora of blue collar work, and a wave of non-criminality.
Making sure to as well bring the possibility of blue collar work back to the US by telling China and other 'free trade agreement' protected countries to fuck off. Free Trade is just a meme that means we are willing to let slave labourers in foreign countries take the jobs of our legally protected fellow citizens.
>>
>>72087796
That's what he meant, the counless appeals etc
>>
>>72093223
Not really, no. Not in menial roles.
Picking cotton (kek), harvesting food, etc.
>>
>>72093469
As well, if after being released from a prison sentence the person is considered 'less employable' or 'damaged' in any way, then our prison system is retarded and pointless. It needs to be about recrafting people, not putting them in time out with other deviants so they can have a pseudo-criminal university system.
>>
>>72093675
criminals are born, anon. not crafted. violence is 90% genetic.

there is no such thing as reforming criminals. it is a democratic fantasy.
>>
File: image.jpg (472 KB, 1260x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
472 KB, 1260x2000
>>72093074
You do realize you're playing on 4chan right now? Everyone here has some sort of problem. For me it's my anime weeb addictions him video games and that's not even the bad stuff? I don't even frequent /pol/ but I know some of the more fucked people make this their home. For instance you are probably a hopeless virgin, addicted to hard drugs, live with your parents, handicapped, alcoholic etc etc. why act superior?
>>
>>72093862
This, really.

All this politician talk about rehabilitating criminals is getting a bit tiring, the only way how to remove crime... is to remove niggers. It's a harsh reality, but it should be faced.

I hope the west will wake up one day. Literally all other countries discuss race and act upon racial policies.
>>
>>72087274
you really cant kill them so this is pointless. what they should be doing is labor work to make up for the costs and punish them instead of kicking back and butt fucking all day. Clean highways, farming, factory work, I dont know but pointless annoying labor we can get them to do for free instead of the Mexucans. Apparently they used to do this, but I dont see it anymore.
>>
>>72093862
Goddamn, how much of sheltered shut in are you?
I grew up around several reformed criminals and sure, they remained people with some not so great tendencies (eg, bravado, excessively 'outgoing' at times, or quick temper), but for the most of things they changed their ways of life and worked to be better people. They found purpose in the things around the, be it work, community, family, or religion then sought to fulfill themselves through those things.
One of my best friends older brothers used to be an habitual heroin user and while he remains an addict because by his own words the addiction will never end, he has a family, goes to church, and does what he can to help his community.
Fuck, get off of 4chan m8. You need some actual life experience.
inb4 I'm a newfag or redditshit
I've been here since '05
>>
>>72094923
I should clarify because idiots will likely misinterpret things.
He quit heroin cold turkey years ago (about 11 years now) and hasn't used since.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.