[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Our class is having a open debate for open immigration or less
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1458750672506.png (898 KB, 1335x1625) Image search: [Google]
1458750672506.png
898 KB, 1335x1625
Our class is having a open debate for open immigration or less immigration. I could easily do this for European countries (culture, non western ideal's, etc...)
But Canada is a different beast can someone help me out on this.
I researched on this subject and every article is pto immigration usually making the argument of the smaller working class which pays for the baby boomers and there own kids.
Please help lads I want to Redhill my class.
Ps. No autistic shit
>>
Simply, why? Why should we, why are we obligated, it isn't our responsibility? If we take them, why not all of Africa or China? There is war, danger, and poverty everywhere, why just them?

Also look into if you have homeless and poor ALREADY in your country. Why don't you help your countrymen first? Before worrying about people on the other side of the globe

Immigrants lower wages

Immigrants put strain on the middle class
>>
>>72078627
But the argument is that we need more people to pay taxes. The homeless are forgotten and lightly subsidized.
>>
Please lads. Take a little time out of your day to help me.
>>
>>72078238
A great deal of these immigrants are unskilled, illiterate, and don't speak the native language. Many will require social services and government aid to make them functioning "working class citizens," and that doesn't take into account instilling Western values such as human rights/freedom of speech/feminism yadda yadda. Why not accept immigrants that provide a useful skill, require less cultural assimilation, and can immediately contribute, in a strict and controlled manner? Make immigration benefit the country and its people, which it easily can. There is an endless growing mass of people living in developing countries that will continue to expand beyond control, and offer no immediate value. Don't bail the ocean.
>>
File: engineers an sheeet.png (17 KB, 729x539) Image search: [Google]
engineers an sheeet.png
17 KB, 729x539
>>72079440
>But the argument is that we need more people to pay taxes
>% of people on social welfare by nationality
WORKING OUT GREAT HERE

YUP LOOK AT ALL THOSE TAXES BEING PAID
>>
>>72078238
http://global-economics.ca/immigration_and_welfare_state_2014.htm
>>
>>72078238
http://canadianimmigrationreform.blogspot.ca/
>>
>>72078238
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE
>>
>>72078238
http://www.immigrationwatchcanada.org/
>>
>>72079933
Nice get
Also most Canadian workers that immigrate are usually skilled albeit hold non western ideals. America gets illegal labor immigrants. Canada not so much.
>>
>>72078238
Most of the niggers you're importing can't even fucking spell their own god damn names. How in the fuck are they even going to write their names on those checks, let alone acquire employment to earn the money on those checks. Ask them and produce figures from multiple sources showing how many of them go on welfare.
>>
>>72078627
It's about immigrants, not refugees, you complete fucking moron. You are too stupid to be giving advice out to anybody.

OP: Your vector of attack should be that arbitrary market growth is not intrinsically worth the devaluation of labour, and the dilution of the commons. Look up wage and inflation parity stats, focus on the divergence that began at the same time as Trudeau's immigration reforms.

Do not attack the concept of immigration directly, present our current immigration strategies as directives of multinational conglomerates who want cheaper labour, the destruction of labour's ability to negotiate, and who want artificially expanded markets with imported consumers, rather then waiting for consumers to be born and grow up before purchasing.

Paint it as a direct attack upon the working man, including immigrants who are already here, and whose prosperity is now tied to ours as well.

Also you could as a sidebar discuss the dilution of democracy itself; how imported voting blocs further marginalize everybody outside of large urban hubs that will keep gaining more and more ridings over time, while other areas do not.
>>
>>72080464
I'll look at that for sure.
Thanks so much!
>>
>>72078238

immigration keeps down wages for the lower and middle classes. Instead of businesses paying more for an employee they lobby to get more immigration and that keeps wages low.

Simple supply and demand.

>>72080244
Skilled immigration is the worse. When they get skilled immigration it means the field they are working in has kept it's wagest low.

Instead of offering higher wafes as per the demand and supply of workers they crony the government to change it so the supply of workers is above demand and wages are kept low.
>>
>>72078238
What kind of immigrants? It can affect housing costs, crime, pressure on wages, increase burden on citizens etc...
>>
>>72080809
In my experience, the best stance to took is that of a wealthy capitalist and support immigration for these reasons.

>immigration keeps down wages for the lower and middle classes. Instead of businesses paying more for an employee they lobby to get more immigration and that keeps wages low.

>Simple supply and demand.

Talk about how it is great for big business since "we" get lower costs and easier to find low skill low pay workers. That will generate disgust in them, then talk about how you can guise those benefits in humanitarian efforts to guilt people into benefiting business.
>>
>>72080993
And talk about how its all about tricking the lower classes to make more money. You should be acting like you are in support of this, act like an elitist businessman.
>>
>>72078238

Eurocanadian is dull whenever someone other than Duchesne or Tremblay is writing, but you should check it out:

http://www.eurocanadian.ca/2014/11/canada-nation-created-by-diverse-immigrants-lie.html
http://www.eurocanadian.ca/2015/03/all-criticisms-of-immigration-fall-short-unless-the-common-ethnic-stock-of-european-nations-is-affirmed.html
>>
>>72078238
Other anons have been bringing up some good points. I would also like to propose the brain drain argument. It more or less states that in that accepting the best and brightest into the receiving country, they will not be applying their talents into the departing country which can make it worse off.

Sure at the individual level I might be a hypothetical doctor and I want the best for my family, but at the aggregate (societal) level it won't do my homeland any good if thousands of doctors move out rather than improve my nation's healthcare. Keeping the focus on the aggregate level is key.
>>
>>72080050
Holy shit. I need these stats on Finland but publishing such would probably be deeded as racist.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.