[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People shot dead by police
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot.png (41 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.png
41 KB, 1366x768
>305 people have been shot and killed by police in 2016.

>990 people shot dead by police in 2015.

Does /pol/ think the cops with top last year's score?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings-2016/
>>
>criminals
>people

ehhhhhh
>>
>>72077801

Obama is leaving office this year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that score go up by two orders of magnitude when the #thirdterm riots start.
>>
Cant you like... Use tazers instead?
>>
>>72077801
I don't think so, I hope so.
>>
>>72077801
>This database is based on news reports, public records, social media and other sources.
>Other sources
LIES
>>
and the majority were niggers so who cares
>>
One can hope.

And one can hope that a majority of those killed are niggers.
>>
>>72077972
Shh, rational thinking is not allowed on this board.
>>
that is very weird. haven't we been using bio-chemical tranquilizers in the majority of the population?

i dont understand how this can be happening.
>>
>>72077801
So what,

5 black people, 300 white people?

Cause we only hear when black people died - and there aint no 300 dead black people yet.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
41 KB, 1280x720
Why do Americans think policy brutality is a real problem in the US? 990 people were shot dead by police last year... thats 990 out 300,000,000. Literally .00033% of people were shot dead by police, that's a pretty decent margin if you ask me, especially if most of them were niggers.
>>
>>72077801
128 cops died in the line of duty in 2015.

Love how this is always left out.
>>
>>72077801
Only 10% of how many Blacks kill each year
>>
I sure hope so. the less criminal scum, the better
>>
File: 1461630798825.jpg (497 KB, 1437x1761) Image search: [Google]
1461630798825.jpg
497 KB, 1437x1761
>>72078474
>>
>>72078625
>990 out of 318,000,000
>reduced by how many were justified
>reduced further by unjustified but the cop was appropriately punished

The ONLY ones to get up in arms about are those that are clearly unjustified, and the cop was not appropriately punished. A cop shooting someone tells me nothing. For all I know, all of those could have been killing potential mass shooters. For all I know they could have been innocent children. This statistic alone tells me absolutely nothing.

>>72078652
Also this. You wanna talk about #blacklivesmatter shit? Tell that to the guys that kill THEMSELVES by the tens of thousands each and every year over nothing. Law Enforcement kills people with little to no justification sometimes, sure. But the number of unpunished unjustified killings is not even a pond compared to the ocean of killings blacks commit on each other.
>>
>>72077972
you don't stun pests, you exterminate them
>>
>>72077801

Here the police bagged 3142 people in 2015
We loose one cop every 30 hours.

But 990 is quite impressive for a "civilized" contry.

Even with the 300m pop.
>>
>>72079355
You do realize that if you filter the 990 police shootings to only include unjustified shootings where the policeman went unpunished, it will only result in a smaller percentage than the .00033%, only further justifying my point that police shootings are NOT a problem in the US.
>>
>>72080051
Yes. That's what I was trying to say, but I guess it was poorly worded. I meant the number of police shootings that actually are worth complaining about are so small they become hard to complain about.
>>
>>72077972
When you're in a neighborhood traditionally known for gang violence or rowdy individuals, get a call about an individual with a weapon, or spot some thug-looking kid reaching for his pockets as you move towards him, you don't taze if you value your life. You shouldn't shoot so reactionally like lots of officers do, but it's a mix of bad cops (low pay means loads of departments in the states are taking anyone they can get, not literally, but the standards are much lower, since they can't keep vets on the force, as they move to private contracting/security) and media bias always misrepresenting these stories. My favorite is a story out of new mexico, two cops shot a man named james boyd. He was homeless, living in a foothills area near the base of I think the sandia mountains, and had a REALLY long rap sheet. Including various charges of concealed weapon shit, illegal posession of knives, threatening others because he was delirious, with said knives, etc etc, but the way the media reported it painted it as though he were some bum sitting in a back alley, cold and under a blanket asking for food when they shot him. Also, his rap sheet was deemed inadmissable in the court. The full video where he's brandishing two knives and swiping at a police dog and it's handler is never shown, it's always 15 seconds of shaky bodycam footage from one of the officers where you see him raise his gun after the dog jumps back after an attempted attack, and shoot him as he was fucking swinging deadly weapons at his comrade.

The courts ultimately decided the two acted out of malice and they're being charged currently, and I have to respect the court's decision until/unless they appeal, but it's still just a huge example of media narrative getting into people's heads.

Actual police shootings are usually really really boring cut n dry shit, it's just that one in every so many are cherrypicked because of low quality footage that can be misconstrued to fit a variety of purposes.
>>
>>72079914
>We loose one cop every 30 hours.
;_;7
>>
File: liberalism is a mental disease.jpg (65 KB, 400x336) Image search: [Google]
liberalism is a mental disease.jpg
65 KB, 400x336
>>72077801
Obey or die, why is this so hard for people to understand? If you don't drop the fuckin gun, then you deserve to die, fuckhead.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.