[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /pol/ think of Ray Bradbury?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 07bradbury2-span-articleLarge.jpg (69 KB, 600x364) Image search: [Google]
07bradbury2-span-articleLarge.jpg
69 KB, 600x364
What does /pol/ think of Ray Bradbury?
>>
i liked his stories
>>
Whos he?
>>
Fahrenheit 451 should be required reading for everyone on this board.
>>
>>72063041
Fahrenheit 451 you dumb leaf lover
>>
>>72063303
Whats that?
>>
File: joyce.jpg (45 KB, 650x448) Image search: [Google]
joyce.jpg
45 KB, 650x448
>>72062890
I'm more of Joyce man tbqh
>>
I could not stand the writing, it felt like he was writing his books while OD'ing on muscle relaxers
>>
>>72063353
who cares lol books are for fags
>>
>>72063481
now lets go watch the white clown instead
>>
File: le murderous roach.jpg (35 KB, 636x636) Image search: [Google]
le murderous roach.jpg
35 KB, 636x636
>The Dwarf's hand, hairy and dark, appeared all by itself reaching up into the booth window with a silver dime. An invisible person called, "One!" in a high, child's voice.
>Involuntarily, Aimee bent forward.
>The Dwarf looked up at her, resembling nothing more than a dark-eyed, dark-haired, ugly man who has been locked in a winepress, squeezed and wadded down and down, fold on fold, agony on agony, until a bleached, out-raged mass is left, the face bloated shapelessly, a face you know must stare wide-eyed and awake at two and three and four o'clock in the morning, lying flat in bed, only the body asleep.
>>
>>72062890
Reading Fahrenheit 451 right now actually
>>
He warned us about the degenerates and the decline. We didn't listen.

Also
>>/lit/
>>
make california great again
>>
I just finished reading Fahrenheit 451
>>
451 required for reading
>>
A prophet like Wells, Asimov, Herbert, and Heinlein
>>
>>72063280
It's not that special. They burn books, its not even that strict, for some reason nobody bothers to read the books. Theres a robot hound with syringes thats kind of goofy and he ends up living with some hippies.
Nothing deep or insightful
>>
File: maxresdefaulter.jpg (36 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefaulter.jpg
36 KB, 1280x720
I prefer ethan
>>
>>72066899
The justification given for burning books was pretty interesting.
>>
>>72064060

Is he talking about Turks?
>>
>>72066899
He wrote children's books, right?

I only read 451 a couple years ago because people always go on about it. Not exactly earth-shattering stuff.
>>
>>72066899
>for some reason nobody bothers to read the books

That's the most important part. That's the whole thing.

“With school turning out more runners, jumpers, racers, tinkerers, grabbers, snatchers, fliers, and swimmers instead of examiners, critics, knowers, and imaginative creators, the word 'intellectual,' of course, became the swear word it deserved to be.”

He warned about the niggerization of America. They hardly even needed to burn the books, no one wanted to read them to begin with.
>>
>>72063353
233 degrees Celsius.
>>
>>72062890
he was a wonderful man that truly shone with God's light
>>
>>72068190
Underrated post
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.