[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MORMONS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 5
File: firstmormonbestmormon.png (719 KB, 591x627) Image search: [Google]
firstmormonbestmormon.png
719 KB, 591x627
my brother is going on an exchange year to the US and apparently it's gonna be a mormon family that will be hosting him.

the city is 85%+ white and has fairly low crime rate, so i am happy about this.

but mormons? sorry, i am a eurofag, how bad is it? will he come back completely indoctrinated? or are those guys chill?
>>
>>72060231
Mormons are the kindest, whitest, conservative people I have ever known. They won't attempt to convert him in any way unless he specifically asks them to.
>>
>>72060231
If he comes back completely indoctrinated, the worst will be that he'll insist on stocking up on supplies.
>>
>>72060231
the mormons will be so chill that he joins them voluntarily
>>
i've lived in utah and salt lake city my entire life.

everything you think about mormons is problem wrong. they're hyper-liberals and incredibly cucked.
>>
>>72060231
Mormons are the only religious group to have infiltrated high levels of our government and tried to change laws so that basically anyone who talked bad about Mormonism could be imprisoned legally(not even kidding). So i would say tell your brother not to listen to their brainwashing, just do what he needs to do and get the fuck out. I don'y know these people but i'm guessing anyone who would follow a religion that is younger then my great great grandfather and want's to put people in jail for not believing what they believe has to be pretty fucked in the head.
>>
I dunno what you've heard about Mormons, but as a whole, they're some of the nicest people I've ever met. I'm an atheist and they didn't care.
>>
>>72060460
this.. I have know many Mormons and they are great people.
>>
>>72060231
Why didn't you mention the city he's visiting? A Mormon family in San Diego isn't really comparable to a Mormon family in Salt Lake City.
>>
>>72060231
I see you are German.

Mormons don't drink.

Need I say more?
>>
File: DG-poster-Hostile.jpg (266 KB, 666x1123) Image search: [Google]
DG-poster-Hostile.jpg
266 KB, 666x1123
>>72060464
>>72060460

my family is christian as well, but a different type, so on the one hand i'm happy it's not muslims, on the other hand i am intrinsically worried.

so thanks, i appreciate your input.
>>
>>72060231
Mormons are weird, and I think it depends on which group of people he's with. Most of them, are as >>72060460 described, but there are a lot more who are like>>72060561 and >>72060638.

The worst of them are around Salt Lake City though. If that's where your brother is going, tell him to be on his guard.

>>72060638
>>72060638
>>
>>72060231
Mormon here, he'll be alright OP. The worst thing they'll do is invite him to church, but I have to agree with this anon >>72060680 which city? Mormons in Utah are their own special little bunch.
Also appreciate the kind words m8s
>>
>>72060231
>85%+ white and has fairly low crime rate

also where the fuck is this? i want to move their.
>>
>>72060680
what would one and the other be like?
>>
>>72060638
Forgetting that scientologists did it too. Lets not hold them being a group of faggots and followers of a fake religion against them for the sake of this comparison. They really fucked some shit up. Elrons wife even caught a case and did time for the whole thing.
>>
File: lemormonbear.png (56 KB, 853x543) Image search: [Google]
lemormonbear.png
56 KB, 853x543
>>72060231
>>72060460
He may be converted, but is that necessarily a bad thing?
>>
>>72060231
I have Mormon in-laws. They are not a very pushy or intrusive group, on the whole, and they are generally decent people and good neighbors and citizens. Their world has its pathologies, and I think your brother would find them less relatable than he would most Americans, but he's not going to get brainwashed.
>>
>>72060903
well what would a salt lake city mormon be like? and is there a difference between inner-salt-lake-city-mormons and those from the suburbs of salt-lake-city?
>>
>>72060940
Mormons are great people, but the ones in Utah are... not the sort of people one would like to be around.
>>
File: 1461114801972.png (1 MB, 653x800) Image search: [Google]
1461114801972.png
1 MB, 653x800
>>72060231
>will he come back completely indoctrinated?
lol, yeah. Why do you think they want to host him?

Christians are like the Zodiac killer. They want "SLAVES IN PARADISE".
>>
>>72061088
>but the ones in Utah are...
why? scaring me
>>
>>72060231

Well, he's going to get a very weird and unrepresentative view of the US, but Mormons aren't bad people for the most part
>>
>>72060986
true, my mistake, Scientology is pretty cult like as well.
>>
>>72060638
You're thinking of the weird polygamist cultist child-raping mormons. They exist, but they wouldn't be the ones at all to be taking in exchange students (or any outsiders).
>>
>>72061271
>they wouldn't be the ones at all to be taking in exchange students (or any outsiders).
why not? they only rape their own children?
>>
No worries, Mormons are one big giant Von Trapp family.
>>
>>72060231
As long as he won't be in the "Bubble" of Utah/ SE Idaho, he should be fine. There's a special breed of crazy in the Bubble though. Sauce, I'm a jack-mormon living in the Bubble.
>>
>>72061390
welp, that's where he is heading.

how fucked is he?
>>
>>72060638
Wew lad, I'm a Mormon and I assure you, we don't have that much influence. The fact that there is an entire musical satirising our existence and missionaries proves that we can take a bit of a ribbing. Let's all take those tinfoil hats off.
>>72061085
From experience Utah Mormons in general while still being nice are a little bit clique-y. Little bit odd but still nice
>>
>>72061237
It depends on where in Utah and even then, it depends on the family.

Salt Lake City itself is only about 50% Mormon. Small rural towns have the weird ones. Metro areas aren't so bad.
>>
>>72061237
Utah is the epicenter and many of them try far too hard to be their version of perfect. This includes converting anyone they see who's not already mormon. Can become oppressive. If they decide you can't be converted and don't like how you live, the entire community is liable to shun you.
>>
>>72061237
They're the Scientologists of Mormonism. Just take everything you know about Scientology and apply it to Utah Mormons, you get a pretty good description of them.
>>
>>72061327
There's a few reasons why.

1. Because they see outsiders as a threat - most of them are inbred, so they wouldn't want anyone to "taint" their bloodlines.

2. They don't want to risk anyone finding out about how horribly fucked up they are (and thus bringing it to the attention of the police and government)

3. No university or government organization (is that what he's exchanging through) would be in contact to these groups, nor would they want to send people to them.

Your brother will be fine OP, you really shouldn't worry. Like other posters have said, at the very worst he may be slightly more interested in Christianity afterwards.

This is coming from an atheist by the way, which is to say that I wouldn't try to defend them.
>>
>>72060231
If your brother is coming to Boise, Idaho I'll but him a beer!
>>
>>72061573
not anymore because the better secret societies put the kabash on that shit,. can't have just anyone leading the new world order.
>>
>>72060460
This.

Mormons are okay, Germanbro
>>
>>72061823
You're reaching new levels of retardedness
>>
>>72060231
What city?
>>
>>72061756
Surely you wouldn't just be making things up lad and posting them. Surely you'd have some evidence for your claims.
>>72061823
... But we never ran the world... I mean it'd be funny if we did, the world would be perhaps a friendlier place

OP, don't stress too much. He won't be shunned by Mormons wherever he goes, it'll actually be a bonus if he goes to Utah because he's bound to find a German speaker (ex missionary) so it'll be good for him.
>>
>>72061517
Depends on the family/city. There are always people that will share his interests/values and if the family is cool, he'll be fine. If it's one of the super strict ones, it could get really awkward really fast. I personally know quite a few families (hometown had 6000 people) who ban drinking anything with caffeine.
>>
>>72060561
The only Mormon family I personally know are all super anti-Trump and pro-Shillary. Very weird to me as I would have certainly expected the opposite.
>>
>>72061935
how else did they find out and stop them? good old fashion police work im sure.

>>72062029
not the world, just saying they got into high levels of our government and "almost" changed laws before they were found out and stopped. I see what you mean though they never had real control but it is worth noting how close they actually came.
>>
>>72062029
This guy really has it pegged accurately. Yeah, the flag might throw you off but he's nailing it.

t. Las Vegas Mormon
>>
File: 4350671095_c3c155043c_o.jpg (878 KB, 2944x1452) Image search: [Google]
4350671095_c3c155043c_o.jpg
878 KB, 2944x1452
>>72060231
No other book but the bible. What they say is nice sounding cult lies.
>Mormons are super nice
>So nice they brainwash you

There used to be a law that you could shoot Mormons in Missouri. Wish they would bring it back for Islam.
>>
Umm..mormons literally go door-to-door trying to gain converts. Last time they stopped by I showed them my King James and said "no thanks, I already have a real bible". They haven't been back since. At least they're nice folks and don't engage in random dumbfuckery.
>>
>>72062189
Lots of those in SE Idaho that I know are pro-cruz, but would likely vote anyone not trump. My guess is that trump represents some sort of anarchy and the religion itself sets up a powerful establishment as being a good thing.
>>
>>72062249
Hahahahahahahaha
Oh friend, the irony is that we use the KJV as well.
>>72062213
Las Vegas Mormons are good in my book.
>>72062324
It's disappointing that a lot of Mormons are anti trump. Especially damn well Glenn Beck. Man is literally a heretic.
>>
>>72062249
this, Mormons are just more subtle about their tactics, newer religions are like that though because they have learned from satans past mistakes.

also taking these mormons word for it is basically like the government telling you about 9/11, i mean, cmon.
>>
>>72062469
Our tactics? We spread the Gospel no encourage people to come unto Christ. Subversive right?
I'll never understand where people hear about all these kooky things about us.
>>
>>72062594
*and encourage people
That's pretty important
>>
>>72062466
I think a lot of them might turn to trump after he wins the nomination and Hillary's bullshit starts getting focused on. In the end, she's a criminal, and Trump does have quite a few life choices that match up, regardless of religion, like the whole no alcohol thing.
>>
>>72062249
Missions are about blue pilling their missionaries so they have Peter priesthoods capable of running the church according to certain standards. Those boys are brainwashing themselves. Sad.
>>
>>72062466
You also have the Book of Mormon, which is boring Christian fanfiction written by a false prophet. If you guys would ditch that book and that loony Joseph Smith you'd be A-OK.
>>
>>72060231
Shit OP, was going to link you to one of my friend's FB so you could talk to her. She's german and came here for a year on education exchange. Lived with an LDS family so she'd be pretty good to talk to. Think her profile is private though.
>>
>>72060940
Like a muslim in afghanistan versus a dirtnig who moved to and lives in Las Vegas. I'm not exaggerating.
>>
>>72062594
You mean like magic underwear and Space Jesus?
>>
>>72062822
I hope so, I think once Trump gets the nomination, he'll change tacks a bit and be far less divisive.
>>72062928
Yeah, it's a good book.
Don't tell me you haven't read it? Surely you wouldn't be such a silly person as to mindlessly insult something without reading/experiencing it!
>>72063078
Don't tell people about the underwear. It let's me fly.
>>
>>72062985
write me an email at mormons AAT discardmail DUTT com
and let me know when you sent it
>>
>>72063255
I hope your brother enjoys his time in America, he'll have a great time I'm sure
>>
>>72063227
I gave it the old college try, really. It was just a dull, boring read. Couldn't finish it. The real bible is better by orders of magnitude. Ditch the Joe Smith fanfic.
>>
>>72063255
it's sent
>>
>>72063529
Perhaps you weren't reading it with the right intention. I read the Bible and Book of Mormon to gain a stronger understanding of my Saviour, not for entertainment value. The Bible has its dull parts as well, Deuteronomy anyone?
But it's to become closer to God, and to strengthen my faith. Not a whole lot of other reasons. I like how you actually read it though, please be respectful though.
>>
>>72063791
Holy fuck Numbers was boring, Not sure if I've ever gotten all the way through it. don't remind me of those books XD
>>
>>72063791
I'm trying, brother. Jesus said there would be many false teachers after him. Smith is nothing more than a less-violent Muhammad. You already have the one and only book you'll ever need.

You cannot serve two masters.
>>
>>72063920
Holy hell are those books a struggle.
Isaiah is also a struggle just because the dude switches context so much. One minute he's talking about what's happening then, then he switches and I just lose track...
>>
>>72060231
Mormons are nice they are just gonna have some basic rules and he'll be fine. Heck he might even like them alot.
>>
>>72063699
thank you.
i have saved her address and deleted the email.
>>
>>72064067
Hey now, pretty unfair.
The Book of Mormon encourages me to serve my one and only master.
Jesus did indeed teach of false teachers and prophets. But by their fruits shall ye know them. So don't read the Book of Mormon from a 'is this interesting' angle, read it from the angle of trying to get an answer from God if it's true or not.
People get pretty emotional about the Book of Mormon, for me at least it's done nothing but good.
>>
>>72064327
>The Book of Mormon encourages me to serve my one and only master.

The vast majority of unique LDS beliefs don't even come from the BoM. Doctrine and Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price are the actual texts to know if you want to understand LDS beliefs.
>>
>>72064204
hopefully you can find a way to speak to her. she's quite lovely.
>>
>>72060460
they won't attempt to convert you until you die and have no say in the matter.
>>
>>72060231
They are either really kind people or serial rapists.
>>
>>72064703
hey, i sent another email, maybe you could have a look
>>
>>72064682
I know friend, but in terms of the most important, the most foundational beliefs; they're found in the Book of Mormon.
>>
Anybody else see General Conference a few weeks back

>tfw that talk on muslims in Europe
literal bullshit. My ward Bishop even let it slip that he thought it was shit. Luckily all of the elders and upper members of my ward are pro-Trump. Feel sorry for you guys that go to wards where you are alone in youe Trump support
>>
>>72065129
What I'm trying to say is that the BoM is the lure, before they hook you with the insane, and often contradictory stuff that forms the foundation of the belief system.

The missionaries often add this "endure to the end" caveat at the end of their disingenuous baptism interview, making the potential convert think that living a good life on common sense Christian principles is the crux of being Mormon, while in reality "endure to the end" is a lifetime of free service in "callings" for the church, of which many are literal full-time jobs (bishops, primary president, stake leadership) that use guilt to keep you in them. They don't tell you about "tithing settlement", an annual audit by your bishop to make sure you're giving a grotesquely wealthy church your full 10 percent. They don't tell you about the disturbing, unchristian, esoteric rituals you are required to go through in the temple. They don't explain that Mormon spirituality, if it can be called spirituality, it the obedience one has in relation to the bureaucratic, corporate body of the church, with literally nothing organic or beautiful whatsoever.

And this is the way it is, whether the church is "true" or not.
>>
>>72065848
pretty much this

why join a cult when you can worship God without one?
>>
>>72065848
I've been through the temple friend, while its very symbolic and very different there's nothing anti Christian.
The Book of Mormon isn't some hook, it's another testament of Christ.
If I didn't know better I would say you're a rather salty ex Mormon. It's all a choice friend, to live without service isn't living at all.
>>72066073
Isn't God best worshipped amongst brothers and sisters? Don't fall for the world's tricks saying you don't need organised religion. Whatever denomination, so many of them are noble and good. We all ought to find one.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.