[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some /pol/ approved college paths? I don't want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: jeb bush 100 dollar.jpg (86 KB, 700x294) Image search: [Google]
jeb bush 100 dollar.jpg
86 KB, 700x294
What are some /pol/ approved college paths?
I don't want to be stuck in college for 4 years.
Basically ~2 year program max.
Thinking about security guard, although that is far below my intellectual capability, the job itself seems very relaxing and without stress.
>>
there are none

go to a trade school
>>
>>72033270
i want to get into economics and try to help my country grow, but i dont know if its even possible. someone help me :<
>>
>>72033401
They are here but their programs are way to long (3/4 years).
>>
File: splendid1.jpg (168 KB, 888x499) Image search: [Google]
splendid1.jpg
168 KB, 888x499
>>72033270

I became a bartender and now i make 60k a year and only claim about $25k

I went to school for bartending school for 2 weeks btw.
>>
>>72033270
You can become an underwriter in 2 years, it's easy work but your basically just a loan officers bitch. You do the paperwork, he makes the $$. I know a lot of girls that get in the field too so that's a bonus. Look it up. If you really want to stick it out find your equivalent of a 4 year cpa program.
>>
File: dutchsenpai.jpg (109 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
dutchsenpai.jpg
109 KB, 550x413
>>72033270

Hoi, mijn lekker ding ;)
>>
>>72033270
I've actually done pretty well with a bachelors in History despite the fact everyone told me that I would be poor

There's definitely more money in science and engineering type fields. Even computer science could make you a decent amount of money. You could work from home.

But if you like politics (dont know about political opportunities in your area), then do something like that man
>>
>>72033270
typically any trade school, the STEM meme, or any place that makes you an honest day's work is good for /pol/.
as someone who actually has done security shit let me tell you that field is bullshit if you don't have military experience, if you have none literally don't even try.
just don't.
>>
>>72033523
Im doing an 11 month hvac program here in an american trade school, how long would whatever your ac/heating repair program take?
>>
>>72033270
If you don't want to do STEM, medical, or law, go to a trade school. Any other college program is a waste of time and money.
>>
>>72033877
I did the CS route, worked from home etc, etc. I hated every second of it. And if you have a CS bachelor's nowadays it means nothing. The more selective you are in your major the better in IT is my advice. I got a nice gig now, I found a niche in project management for application rollouts/conversions in financial institutions. Got a PMP and now my job is literally just making sure other people do their jobs while I browse /pol/. Feels nice, gotta start somewhere tho.
>>
Currently doing unarmed security to support myself through school. This job fucking sucks!

Construction security wasn't bad since I worked weekends and no one worked. So all I did was my school work and vidya on my computer.

Retail security where I'm at now sucks dick don't ever do it. Stay away!
>>
how do I make money without a trade/college degree
>>
>>72033523
>not willing to put in the time to get something out of your work
Guess you're fucked Hollander.
>>
>>72033270
No college. Get a trade
>>
>>72033523
They are 3-4 years for most countries you are in, the point is you're making money while you progress.
>>
Become a qt trap and sell your ass and suck dick

Or just do an apprenticeship in something.

Start your own business? I did landscaping from 10-18 I mowed/overseeded lawns planted and removed trees, trim bushes and hedges.

Decent money if you have the right mindset, more yards=More Money
Faster you finish the more yards you can do
>>
>>72033270
>~2 year program max

Welding or HVAC
>>
>>72034438

>bachelors in cs doesn't mean anything
>every place wants one anyways
>>
>>72034847
Don't you ever believe this horse shit, OP.

>muh trade school
>paid by commission
>make less than $100,000 per year
>>
>>72033270

I have one piece of advice: Don't go into computer science unless you already have a fascination for it.

Programming is something that you mainly teach yourself. There isn't enough time in the curriculum to teach it sufficiently -- the classes will only scratch the surface.

You need to have a fascination with it in order to have the motivation to teach yourself what you need to be successful.
>>
>>72038651
What if you're less interested in programming and more with networking, etc?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.