[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Speeding up TTIP - media silent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: rtx2bb3d.jpg (1 MB, 3111x2333) Image search: [Google]
rtx2bb3d.jpg
1 MB, 3111x2333
In case you missed it, during Obongo's visit to Hannover both he and Merkel pushed for speeding up the TTIP negotiations.

>US President Barack Obama wants to complete talks on a US-EU free trade deal before his term ends in January.

>Merkel argued that the trade deal would boost current living standards. “So my request to those who are present” is “Do it, and then we can have a great success this year,” she concluded.

>She added that “now is the time for US-German leadership.”

Apparently since public opinion shifted on the topic of TTIP and TTP on account of people learning about it's existence (and other such unacceptable outcomes) both Merkel and Obongo have publicly stated they want to speed this thing up while they still can. Read: before they're removed from office.

Where were you when the globalist traitors publicly announced they don't give a fuck about you no matter what?

Also funny that somehow most media has completely failed to cover their statements, in spite of covering the protests leading up to the day in question.
https://www.rt.com/news/340796-obama-merkel-pushing-ttip-deal/
>>
File: 1458339063852.jpg (22 KB, 234x250) Image search: [Google]
1458339063852.jpg
22 KB, 234x250
bump
>>
Because Americans are too dumb to understand this and rather csuse race riots and hysteria.
>>
>>72021585
They're smart enough to know it's bad but too stupid to care enough.

That being said, public support is in the toilet for TPP and TTIP everywhere.
>>
And it'll pass
>>
>>72020694
What does it mean to me exactly? How it will affect my freedom?
>>
>>72021921
Imagine giving EU powers to multinational corporations. From food and labor standards to intellectual property rights.

It's every globalists pipe dream, and you're going to be much worse off for it. Imagine competing with third world sweat shop labor on top of your already perilous position.
>>
>>72021921
you are fucked as a consumer
>>
>>72021811
It will be a serious nail in the coffin for the EU.
Not to mention every politician involved, but both Merkel and Obongo can see their end is already near. So they don't give a fuck as long as they get those sweet corporate shekels afterwards.
>>
They're scared Trump or Sanders will win. With either of them in the White House none of the trade pacts would stand a chance. They want them signed before Obama leaves office and preferably before the election.
>>
>>72020694
Bongo will get the traitor Republicans to pass it over Christmas, you watch.
>>
>>72020694

If TTIP doesn't cause violent civil uprising in Europe, then the continent is truly lost.
>>
>>72020694
get your fucking ass up then, where we you last saturday, when 90 fucking thousand 9 0.0 0 0 gathered in hannover to protest
>>
>>72022642
Serious question though. All the right leaning parties in europe (as far as I can tell) are against ttip. When we elect them, can they terminate that shit or will it go on for a few years?
>>
>>72020694
why should i dislike tp again
>>
>>72023740
Well they may try, but the US will enact economic sanctions on any country that tries to resist. Admittedly they wouldn't be able to bully the entire continent they way they strangle South America, but it could still do damage.

TTIP is a neoliberal/neocon wet dream.
>>
>>72022658
The suggestion is that even Hillary is opposed to it. Or rather, she would have to be to win. If Hillary had a good chance of passing it anyway Obongo probably wouldn't give much of a fuck.

>>72022725
>>72023037
The same can be said for 'Murica, then. They have the 2nd amendment at least.

But it's sadly closer to the truth than many would admit. If this shit gets passed, anything goes. It's ogre.

>>72023516
Says it was 35k, not 90k.

>>72023740
Once it's signed it's either leave the EU or live with it. Not only was it meant to be done completely in secret, it was also meant to bind the EU as a whole with no exit clause whatsoever.

Let's hope it dies before we get there.

>>72023899
They could use our legal system against us. First through secret tribunals, then enforcing those tribunal decisions through European courts. No resistance is possible in the end aside from leaving the EU altogether.
>>
File: 1362420474040.jpg (46 KB, 640x567) Image search: [Google]
1362420474040.jpg
46 KB, 640x567
Bump
Don't let something actually relevant slide
>>
>>72025049
>Once it's signed it's either leave the EU or live with it. Not only was it meant to be done completely in secret, it was also meant to bind the EU as a whole with no exit clause whatsoever.
>Let's hope it dies before we get there.

well that sucks, do you have a good source for information concerning the ttpi agreement?
>>
This is the reason Obama's been campaigning against Britain leaving the EU: It will damage cohesion and possibly hinder the TTIP plans that Obama desperately wants to accomplish before he leaves office in order to (in his eyes) improve upon his legacy.
>>
>>72027375
I don't mean to be a dick, but you should probably just Google it. I don't have anything particularly excellent at hand that you wouldn't have a more informative time finding yourself.

First link on Google:
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/what-is-ttip-and-six-reasons-why-the-answer-should-scare-you-9779688.html

>>72027753
I don't think his legacy will be looked upon fondly if he passes this outright treason. Chances are he has some people breathing down his neck regarding certain promises he likely had to make, or certain favors and positions he may not get after his presidency ends.
>>
These free trade religious zealots are particularly loathsome. Hopefully the negotiations will be too slow to do anything with TTIP (which is likely given the EU bureaucracy) and Trump gets elected then repeals/exits NAFTA.

The only international trade-related cooperation that should exist are things related to patents/copyright, anti-counterfeiting, cyber security, and minimum standards of financial regulation (to prevent regulatory arbitrage).
>>
>>72029233
>patents/copyright
>cyber security
These are the worst, dystopian nightmare fuel topics. They should be entirely up to individual countries.
Financial regulation too, considering the larger the scale the more difficult the leverage against global banks.

And they're trying to speed up the negotiations to finish them before the end of Obongo's term in January. That was the whole point.
>>
>>72028372

Maybe, but I think he believes he's doing the right thing. He's been pro-corporation since he came into office so I don't think his pushing of the TTIP should count as some kind of sell-out maneuver.

Europe, in its current state, exists almost solely as a collection of countries that the US can trade with and limit Russian ambitions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CNeDtZmpjU

I'm for German domination of Europe, but not the kind we see today where we're marionettes dancing to the tunes of the American elites. There are serious renovations to be made in the furniture of European politics before we can finally start calling the shots again and I don't think TTIP is the way to do it.
>>
>>72030875
TTIP is the complete antithesis of rebuilding anything. It's quite near a deathblow to any semblance of sovereignty or democracy, don't kid yourself in thinking it's this crap that effectively amounts to handing over our leadership and collective futures to corporations.
>>
>>72025049
>Says it was 35k, not 90k.
Yea that's what they always say. I was in Hannover and it was way more. Guessed then it might have been 100k and have no trouble believing the 90k.

Same for the protest in Berlin I was at too. Media said 150k but it was easily 250k. People stood shoulder to shoulder on Straße d. 17. Juni between Brandenburg Gate and the Victory Column which is the same amount of people for any New Years festival and for that they always claim 1 million people attending.
Huge disparity there and the media always downplays.
>>
>>72031189

>don't kid yourself in thinking it's this crap that effectively amounts to handing over our leadership and collective futures to corporations

Did I say anything to suggest I didn't think that TTIP was this type of danger?
>>
>>72020694
is there a new petition to stop the ttip?
>>
>>72033419
https://stop-ttip.org/?noredirect=en_GB
Already has 3.5 signatures. Alas EU parliament nor the commission are willing to acknowledge it at all, even though it's way beyond the neccessary participants.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.