[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marijuana should not be legalized. Is there any chance of politicians
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9
Marijuana should not be legalized.

Is there any chance of politicians ever reversing legalization? More and more studies detail it's awful effect on the environment and communities.

Shit, whatever happened to PSAs on TV? You stoners want facts? Heres facts: More and more studies detail it's awful effect on the environment and communities.
>>
>>72001351
They only legalised it so all the people who didn't have enough motivation to get a job would be content to sit on their butts all day smoking weed.
>>
>>72001351
it is still immoral to destory human lives just because of a few pounds of pot
>>
>>72001351
let people smoke their pot and drink their beer. I've given up on society being good for a while now, it never was anyway desu.
>>
>>72001455
Or they could get jobs growing and distributing it as a cash crop like those dirty pooinloos get to do.
>>
Two reasonable choices:

>enact laws against cannabis that completely stop any use by anyone and any corruption among enforcers

>accept that some people are going to use cannabis -- try to minimise the harm done by it

Anything else does nothing other than line pockets of gangsters on both sides of the law.
>>
>>72001351
>Heres facts: More and more studies detail it's awful effect on the environment and communities.

Cool sauce, faggot.
>>
Fuck you. I like to smoke pot occasionally.
>>
File: 1460209636228.jpg (88 KB, 304x263) Image search: [Google]
1460209636228.jpg
88 KB, 304x263
>>72001530
> immoral to destroy lives

But we used the drug war to lock up the blacks, and crime rates in cities plummeted.

We basically proved that blacks are the cause of crime, and stopped it, and now everyone wants them to go free

Why on earth should we reduce punishments?
>>
File: 1446484353155.png (26 KB, 1187x846) Image search: [Google]
1446484353155.png
26 KB, 1187x846
>>72001351
>Heres facts: More and more studies detail it's awful effect on the environment and communities.
>i'm not gonna list or even link them, but they're out there trust me
>>
>>72002101
This. Anything black people like, ban it. Even if it means banning something that we also enjoy and also arresting white people. Most of the people incarcerated will be niggers, so who cares? Brilliant rhetoric, my good gentlesir! I am so glad that a fellow brother like you exists here to spread the good word. Do you like my contribution? I'm sure it was very enjoyable to read.
>>
If you weren't an idiot you would realize the only reason it's being pushed to legality so hard now is because the proliferation of kb and it's killing of the trade means it's now more profitable being legal.

Fuck right now the entire west half of the country has it legal. It'll either be wide spread or decriminalized completely for being impossible to enforce.
>>
>>72001351
>Marijuana should not be legalized
As long as it's not criminalized, I'm ok. Getting a criminal record for possession of a little weed is insane. Exceeding the speed limit is more dangerous and you don't get a criminal record.
>>
>>72002101

Because con college turns small time perps into better connected criminals at best and life long drains on society at worst.
>>
>>72001351
>Marijuana should not be legalized.
Don't care either way. I have no problem getting it. I still have a job that I do pretty well, and I don't smoke before or during.
>>
>>72002392
The problem if it's criminalized is that you might get blackmailed by another employee (or anyone else) who knows about your habit. If it's decriminalized, you can't.
>>
>>72002298

Speed limit laws are actually ineffective. We have a lot of roads that could have higher speed limits. We're not exactly on top of things when it comes to that.

As of now they are a good source of income for the community. No more tolls on the roads, just hunt for those going 5 miles over the speed limit. The danger there isn't as clear as it sounds, going 45 in a 35 isn't always a great danger. Not that we shouldn't set limits in residential and commercial areas, but we do make it very easy to pump money into a city from pulling those over. It's not a great issue and a lot of people don't realize the problem. It's just a ticket, after all. Sure, $200, $300, but "it's just a ticket, don't worry about it". Standing up for one is just embarrassing these days. That's convenient that people have shunned that. "Fight it in court". You have one chance at defending yourself and it might be at that point in time when you're getting the ticket. But it's just a traffic ticket, pay the $400 and don't worry about the fact that it even occurred in the first place.
>>
>>72002497
I invite them to try, actually. I've passed all drug tests thus far.
>>
>>72001351
Why dont you fuck off, randy
>>
http://m.nydailynews.com/news/world/leading-orthodox-rabbi-rules-marijuana-kosher-passover-article-1.2608596?utm_content=buffer8512e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=rblau+twitter

I hope you stupid faggots are ready for weed to be legal everywhere.

I'm going to thoroughly enjoy smoking joints out in the street while you neo-con fatfucks twist yourselves into knots over this.

Everyday, your little cult of stupid is more and more marginalized and soon it will finally be extinct.
>>
>>72002497

Ohio decriminalized marijuana in the 1970s.

All the benefits people spew about "decriminalization" are false. You get $300 fines for possession. They care about pot. Decriminalization doesn't mean lax.
>>
>>72002536
You don't use crime or law breaking to fund municipalities. But if you must, impose a $100 fine for possession of weed or smoking it in public.
>>72002568
A drug test is not necessary. Just the starting rumours would get you in trouble.
>>72002763
At least you don't go to jail - in most cases - so less of a burden on government. Plus no criminal record to stop you from getting a job in the future. I don't see a downside.
>>
What is the alternative to legalization though? Making it strictly illegal? It is impossible to police. Sure you could just make it immediate death penalty for anyone who ever possesses or uses marijuana but that is obviously not pragmatic nor realistic. Considering how prevalent the weedlmao culture is in the US, illegality really isn't a deterrent at this point.

Legalization or decriminalization seems like the past of least resistance.

And inb4 you say it makes people docile and lazy. It does. I'm not denying that. However most people don't really feel the urge to smoke every day and become a weed drone. Much like most people can control their alcohol consumption and not drink every day even though it is an addictive substance. I think the people who end up becoming weed-fiends are people who are already inclined towards that sort of lifestyle anyway. Smoking weed in a recreational and occasional manner really isn't that harmful unless you have underlying psychological issues. It only really becomes a problem when it becomes a strong habit, and in an optimal world every human should have a life so fulfilling and enjoyable that negative habits and addiction don't end up occuring because there is no need for it.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (18 KB, 201x191) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
18 KB, 201x191
Interdasting
>>
File: 1452358346698.jpg (19 KB, 345x194) Image search: [Google]
1452358346698.jpg
19 KB, 345x194
>>72001351
My father was probably your age when he was called to Vietnam. He was completely opposed to all war, but did his job anyway. The only thing that keeps his tremors and anxiety calm is smoking weed. Who the fuck do you think you are to tell a distinguished serviceman with a purple heart that he can't smoke a fucking joint? Please kill yourself today.
>>
>>72001351
I dont need a smug cunt like you telling me this shit is bad for me. Literally misappropriation of cause. people are already fucked up in the head MJ helps people in a fucked up way to face up to there own bullshit. whilst taking crap from cunts like you that havent got any empathy for people that are trying to deal with issues from the past. people that think that Mj fucks you up are usually pussy wholes that cant face up to their own bullshit.

nobody has the right to tell people not to do it, cause us weak willed stoners are guna carry on anyway.
>>
>>72002839
>Just the starting rumours would get you in trouble.
It would result in a drug test if there was plausible concern by my employer. One in which I would pass.

But it won't happen because, again, I'm pretty good at my job. That means sometimes I take on others' workloads. They'd be stupid to ruin that.
>>
Happy, hungry, sleepy

Vs

Angry, horny, stupid

Alcohol is a much worse scourge on humanity, yet most people obviously control it and have positive experiences with.

Same goes for weed, its just much less dangerous as long as you treat it with respect.

For instance, I do not drive my car after smoking, and I don't go high to my semi-dangerous factory job after smoking.

Know your limits, and treat it with respect
>>
>>72001351
laws are just rules put in place by this lazy ass sytem, because fundamentally the issue of drugs rather than bieng delt with is pushed aside into the legal (not lawful) bracket, i.e mr policeman trying to take shit off people. it would be more efficient if people just let people get on with their own shit and allow people to be responsible for themselves until then we have to listen to the societal sky daddies tell us that this is BAD whatever that means bad for who....
>>
>>72002839
Smoking it includes parks, which is a perfectly acceptable environment to smoke it at. Away from others and sitting up against a tree, I don't see any reason for that to be illegal. It should be condoned in the same areas cigarettes are condoned.

>>72003034
Yes, you're a good workhorse and you do twice the work for the same amount of money. What employer wouldn't give that up? Well, there are plenty of people willing to be as much of a cocksucker as you are. They would simply fire you and pick the next uppity Billy Bobby helper boy to do your job.
>>
File: believe.jpg (111 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
believe.jpg
111 KB, 500x375
>>72002756
>I am controlled by the Jews
> yay

Are you really this retarded?
>>
File: 1436092119679.png (811 KB, 903x904) Image search: [Google]
1436092119679.png
811 KB, 903x904
>>72002945

> naughty man. Making mummy's ladylettuce smell like sardines

Omfg, my sides hurt so much right now.

Thanks, Romaniabro.
>>
>>72001351
The harm comes from people bieng ignorant of the effects good and bad. its just annoying when poeple dont know shit about it and cry b b but its illegal.

not a fucking argument.

muh degeneracy.

if i agreed with pol on what they think is degenerecy then basically having fun would be degenerate.
>>
>>72003250

It's the fact that when they get behind something, the mass legality of it tends to follow shortly thereafter. Dumbfuck.

Weed's going to be legal, and there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>72003204
I'm not talking about my employer giving me up. I'm talking about the employees selling me out. They won't. Mostly because I don't tell many people for them to even know, but also because I do their work sometimes. My employer has no reason to suspect anything on their own.
>>
>>72002101
Are you actually Implying that the only crimes blacks commit is possession or sale of drugs?
We're still gonna arrest dindus by the ton, the only difference is whites aren't going to be caught in the cross hairs and get arrested over a fucking plant.
>>
>>72003250
>Jews like it
>I like it too
>Thus I am controlled by the jews

It's sad that you don't realize how stupid you are. If you did, you'd probably kill yourself. :(
>>
>>72002839

There's no burden, just profit from the fines. The downside is that a citizen will lose $300 of their own money if they are caught with it on them. So it's not jail, but it's still a petty large downside to decriminalization. You still don't have the dignity and freedom to carry it freely.
>>
>>72003561

>Jews are always wrong about things %100 of the time

Take your insane zealotry over to ISIS already.

If your fat neo-con ass can even get out of bed anyways.
>>
>>72003667
True, fully legal weed is even better but not sure some areas are ready. In any case, if it doesn't work and things get out of control, nothing stops government from re-criminalizing it.
>>
>>72001351
Freedom doesn't reverses freedom. Once those freedom people get their hands into weed profits and a well-established business is created, then it's here to stay. Battle was long for gay rights and weed rights, but even bigger battle has to come to reverse that.
>>
>>72002936
Government could do whatever it wants. First it sent your father into unconstitutional illegitimate war. Banning weed which is not protected by Constitution would be small time comparing to what it already did.
>>
>>72004195
That's not a justification.
>>
>>72001351
>dude ban this plant that has medical uses and has never killed anyone ever
>dont ban alcohol or tabaco though what are you a liberal feminazi
>>
>>72004256
It is. You didn't fight when government bent over your Constitution with Vietnam. What right do you have to complain about weed now? lmao you don't have rights, this IS justification for government. You are serf they are kings, this is how real politics works.
>>
>>72001351
Is this bait? And yes, they constantly try.

>>72002756
>I'm going to thoroughly enjoy smoking joints out in the street while you neo-con fatfucks twist yourselves into knots over this.
I'm still confused about the why.

Older civilizations could handle their weed. Why shouldn't we?
>>
>>72001351
>inject marijuanas
>be high for a while
>possibly harm own body
>harm nobody else
>police locks me up, treats me like a criminal

>climb a mountain
>be high for a while
>possibly harm own body
>harm nobody else
>nobody gives a shit, people even come to your rescue if your stupidity gets you into a dangerous situation

I'm not even interested in drugs, but this shit is just stupid. The state should have no right to interfere unless the rights/safety/whatever of a third party are hurt/endangered/whatever.
>>
Weed is a kike tool to promote passive behaviors. World too stressful? Here smoke some weed! Don't worry about everything that's going wrong just smoke your pot! It's like cows to the slaughter.
>>
>>72004563
you're*
>>
OY VEY GOYIM DONT SMOKE AFTER WORK YOU NEED REAL RELAXANTS THAT ONLY OUR PHARMACIES CAN PROVIDE.
>>
File: 1461433391248.jpg (76 KB, 594x395) Image search: [Google]
1461433391248.jpg
76 KB, 594x395
>>72001351
You are fucking retarded and SJW level
What happened to your country? I thought it was the home of freedom. I was planning to move on there. But apparently it became owned by cucks and fascists.
First they take your weed, then your alcohol. THen they decide which music you must listen, then which shows to watch, then who you must vote. And then you get locked in a chastity cage while being brainwashed 12/24 h by feminist propaganda
I won't prep the bull, fucker
pic related
>>
Its really simple, what you've been doing, didnt work, so try something else.

Health-wise its safer than both alcohol and tobacco, mentally safer than alcohol. Viewing it rationally its hard to argument for illegalization
>>
What do you think the legalization will do in terms of culture?

Because I feel like it'll become quite a bit less centralized. Weed seems to make people favour smaller communities.
>>
there was no good reason for it to be illegal in the first place. Its just a form of government control coming from the "we like less government" republican right wingers. Its a natural part of the world. What are we going to do about it? Burn it all into extinction? People are still going to find ways to get high no matter what you do. Now we are wasting tons of energy and resources to wipe out a natural part of the world. Feel free to believe how horrible this plant is for your health. Its still nowhere near as bad for you as the many other legal plants out there that are deadly and poisonous yet we don't do shit about them because they don't make you high, they just kill you if you consume them. People need to stop trying to control shit that is not worth controlling bad for your health or not.
>>
>>72004487
In your shithole, it is how government works. Vietnam was fought to oppose your growth into asia. There are a million chinese to each erican soldier, and the war was unpopular at home. We can beat the poor russian army any time, any place, especially Syria.
>>
what's with all the weed threads lately?

are the kikes trying to turn us from stormers into stoners?
>>
>>72002536
>laws
>good source of income

You, sir, are part of the problem. When law enforcement officers bear no difference to highwaymen, something is very wrong.
>>
>>72004195
>She's already raped, what's the matter with killing her, too?
>>
Police stablishment soaknig people's money at a non-agresion cause, creating huge incentives for mafias to hapen inside and outside countries.

Wishful thinkers, doing devil's work.
>>
America just needs to be consistent. Either make week legal countrywide, or outlaw caffeine and alcohol.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.