[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >read this book when i was 12 >several years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: theend.jpg (90 KB, 959x452) Image search: [Google]
theend.jpg
90 KB, 959x452
>be me
>read this book when i was 12
>several years later
>seeing all these manipulation comments about pokemon go
>remembering this book
>ohshit.jpg
>>
>>81503218
Summary? What are the connections?
>>
>>81503218
OH FUCK
That's fucking creepy
>>
An intelligent computer game with a disturbing agenda.

When 16-year-old Nick receives a package containing the mysterious computer game Erebos, he wonders if it will explain the behavior of his classmates, who have been secretive lately. Players of the game must obey strict rules: always play alone, never talk about the game, and never tell anyone your nickname.

Curious, Nick joins the game and quickly becomes addicted. But Erebos knows a lot about the players and begins to manipulate their lives. When it sends Nick on a deadly assignment, he refuses and is banished from the game.

Now unable to play, Nick turns to a friend for help in finding out who controls the game. The two set off on a dangerous mission in which the border between reality and the virtual world begins to blur. This utterly convincing and suspenseful thriller originated in Germany, where it has become a runaway bestseller.
>>
>>81503362
>new popular game only available on cds you get by other people in your school
>boy starts playing
>super realistic mmorpg
>npcs behave like actual humans
>first a normal game
>then you get missions you have to solve in rl
>game actually know if you rly did them
>lots of drama (game demands to cause accidents etc.)

turns out it was programmed by a guy that commited suicide and made the game give everyone their mission so when you have to cut the brakes of someones bike 3 other players get the mission to observe you and report to the game if you did it and the 5 top players got the mission to kill the programmers boss which they almost did as they forgot what is rl and what is game.
>>
File: Laughing-Frog-Meme-12[2].jpg (22 KB, 533x477) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Frog-Meme-12[2].jpg
22 KB, 533x477
>tfw I have never read a single book
>>
>>81504438
>>81504500
don't really see how Pokemon Go is like that. there is however a movie coming out about some social phone app that ppl make money by doing stunts that continually get more dangerous tho, the book sounds kind of like that.
>>
>>81504623

Laughed pretty hard at this

Why would you be so proud of such a non-achievement
>>
>>81504623
Are you enjoying being an illiterate fuck ?
>>
>>81504939
ofc its a very loose connection but you know... you have teams, fighting will come and maybe the human being will do the rest
>>
>>81505077
>>81505312
>Falling for the poetrical Jew
>>
>>81505521
War of the nerds?? Ahahaha
>>
has anyone else read The Circle?
>>
>>81505912
its acutally lying around in my bookshelf. i started but i stopped after like 5 pages dont rly know why. should i give it a new try ?
>>
>>81505824
>>81505521
>>81504500
>>81504438
>>81503218
Are you all sure you aren't talking about INGRESS?
Because Pokémon GO is still being developed actively with features being added/removed.
>>
>>81506477
yeah, its an ok book in itself, but its subtly horrifying and real life seems to be moving closer to it. id give it another go, yeah. it improves after the first few chapters.
>>
the bit that stayed with me is when they start connecting everyone to their family history. especially given the current climate
>>
>>81504438
A: that's not at all what pokemon go is like

B: That sounds like a gay teenager novel

C: post em boys
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-17-16-10-03.png (563 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-17-16-10-03.png
563 KB, 1080x1920
>>81508063
Get on my level faggot

And this sounds nothing like pokemon go OP
>>
>>81509423
Noice.

I need to travel out of town to get some new variety of poke
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.