[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've got a work friend in Turkey. This is an update I just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1382571593329.png (35 KB, 157x131) Image search: [Google]
1382571593329.png
35 KB, 157x131
I've got a work friend in Turkey. This is an update I just received from him on G+
>Update: We're fine. The majority of the country is fine, and most people are treating the whole thing like an extended power outage. I will probably keep my big mouth shut about what's happening for the most part, as the rumor is that the Ministry of Information and Communications is trying to track down VPN users (sorry +Rusty Van Horn ) and I don't have nice things to say about either side.
>Here are a few choice bits of information that local and western media outlets probably won't report on though:
Most of the soldiers had no idea what was going on.
>One went on record saying an attack on their base was taking place, for which they geared up, and were then told (and ordered) to prevent the attackers from reaching the airport (blocking the bridges) and they suddenly found themselves being attacked by the very people they were supposedly out protecting.
>The Turkish National Intelligence Agency HQ is in ruins.
>Nearly 50 intelligence officers died there. Similarly, the police training HQ was devastated with 20 trainees killed. Both attacks were executed by AH-1 helicopters.
>The total death toll is estimated to be between 300 and 400.
>One soldier, after surrendering and being apprehended, was decapitated in the middle of the street.
1/2
>>
>>81377349
>"The people" who took to the streets to protest upon the request of the very president whom had previously decimated those who took to the streets in protest for democracy, were not chanting for democracy. They were chanting Allah-u akbar, known as the "tekbir" (takbir), most commonly associated with jihad. It's basically a fundamentalist holy war cry.

>Most of the soldiers involved were privates with no idea what was going on. Most were lynched and severely beaten after surrendering.

>The Turkish armed forces were previously decimated by the mass incarceration of most of the higher ranked officials for alleged plots for a coup. They were replaced by lower ranked officials being instated by the government rather than military assignments. Since most ranking officers higher than generals are in jail, this wasn't them.
2/3
>>
>>81377349
Keep us posted.
>>
>>81377349
>Today, arrest warrants were issued for over 2700 attorneys and judges. This is the second massive hit to the Turkish judicial system by the government, as thousands are still in jail awaiting trial for alleged corruption, including attorneys and judges involved in suits brought against the government and leadership.

>The shift in focus of events is so rapid, things that are no longer on the agenda include the 3 million Syrians in the country and their imminent free citizenship handouts, the fact that the president doesn't have a diploma, previous corruption allegations there were never followed through with because the attorneys filing suit were jailed, the journalists in jail claiming to have proof of support for ISIS. Instead, an emergency meeting of the parliament has been called to discuss amendments and changes to the constitution and the introduction of the presidential system.

>Every time a coup has taken place in Turkey, it has been to remove fundamentalist regimes from power, and yet they keep getting "elected". Each time, the coup has set this country back a decade. This time the plot to reinstate democracy through dictatorship was thwarted by dictatorial democracy. Nobody wins, and nothing good can come of this.
3/3
>>
>>81377558
>>
>on Google+

Fake
>>
>>81377349
>>81377530
>>81377621
So basically, shit's fucked. Right?
>>
>>81377887
Yes, basically
In short: though the coup had good intentions of removing a fundamentalist government, it failed, and the government used it to remove political, judicial, and military opponents.
>>
>>81378882
What does this mean for NATO though?
>>
>>81378882
>implying this wasn't a blatant false flag

Really? I know that whenever anything happens /pol/ claims false flag, but this is blatantly a false flag to give the fundies more power.
>>
>>81377349
>I just received from him on G+
I was going to say fake but YOU CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
>>81382194

this.

so obviously fake. execution was far too poor, even for roaches.
>>
Are you a smelly turkroach
>>
>comes up with list of 2,700 judges and lawyers to be arrested, overnight
>not a false flag by Erdogan

It's like them coming up with the entire Patriot Act for signature a few days after 9/11. Total coincidence.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.