[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
redpill me on terence /pol/ i've been reading lot of his
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: mckenna.jpg (47 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
mckenna.jpg
47 KB, 1200x900
redpill me on terence /pol/
i've been reading lot of his stuff lately and want to know your opinions
>>
cia
>>
I thought he had some decent shit to say, and some stupid shit to say - stoner philosophers tend to be like that. I'd say he's a good 'red-pilled' thinker to read/listen to when you're feeling down about the state of the world, since he sees through a lot of the bullshit but his red-pill isn't the doom and gloom Alex Jones razor-wire fences, jackboots and chemtrails shit, it's a bit more of an examination of societal structures and norms and WHY they are the way they are. Of course though, he goes on the odd completely screwball progressive train of thought, as drugged-out 60s counterculture icons are wont to do
>>
He was on to something, but totally lost it

>take mind expanding substances
>live a simple, peaceful life
>don't fall for all material consumerism of the modern world if you want to be happy
>oh and btw if you take the right drugs and meditate your mind will alter the fabric of reality lol
>>
File: i'm CIA.jpg (251 KB, 757x720) Image search: [Google]
i'm CIA.jpg
251 KB, 757x720
>>80962242
why do you think he was CIA?
>>80962482
>>80962707
I agree, he has some crazy theories, and some decent ones, also he had some experience with different cultures which makes him kind of experienced.
what i don't like about him is he was too focused on drugs(psychedelics)
>>
>>80962024

DUDE
>>
>>80962024

didn't he abandon his timewave zero pursuits towards the end of his life, essentially negating his life work? or am I completely misinformed? I remember an anon talking about this on here about a year ago
>>
>>80962024
We are almost at the point of infinite novelty.
>>
File: psychedelics.jpg (89 KB, 728x726) Image search: [Google]
psychedelics.jpg
89 KB, 728x726
>>
Im scared that if I take Acid I will turn into a beta faggot cuck who is not racist and questions all hierarchy and authority
>>
>>80963668
He himself admitted that his "scientific" theories were all a bit tongue-in-cheek. Still, >>80962707 is right.
>>
>>80962024
I wish I had he money to attend Berkeley, and travel the world(Japan, Katmandu, the Amazon) when I was 24. Was he from a wealthy family?
>>
>>80963996
Dropping acid and smoking tons of weed has only made me more right-wing anon.
>>
>>80963996
Beta-cuck nu male liberal faggots who do acid and psychedelics do it because they are trying to fit a cliche / archetypal mode of a faggot hippie.
>>
He was incredibly red pilled. If people thought like Terence did, we would embrace a sort of utopia on Earth. He was off on that 2012 stuff, and he changed the date on his timewave zero thing to fit the prophecy. He was more poet that scientist. Still the most inspiring and charismatic lunatic I've heard.
The man had a grasp on language and linguistics that is just alien in how elevated it was.
But the problems of today's world are so severe that we can't live in the partnership society he wanted us to be in.

Also I think the Stoned Ape theory is the most plausible one for the development of consciousness. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnEKoFrx1rI
>>
>>80962707
Have you read True Hallucinations?
Terence and his brother must have done irreversible changes to their minds. They were on more mushrooms than anyone in human history. I'm astonished he even had clarity left after returning from the Amazon
>>
>>80962024
Intense psychadelic experiences are eye-opening. I have done what he called a "hero trip," taking a metric fuckton of shrooms on an empty stomach in a dark room, alone. Wasn't so bad.

Never in your life touch DMT.
>>
>>80963996

It hasn't changed my political beliefs. It's only affected my thoughts about myself, consciousness, and the universe in general. I've become more right wing after that, but not a lot.
>>
>>80964901
He linguistic skills were really incredible.
Stoned ape theory tho is really plausable seems somewhat far away from truth. Maybe it was involved in evolution of our concousness but was not that crucial?
>>
>>80965861
I don't know what would be the problem with his theory, except the dispute whether CNS chemicals result in brain growth. But it does something stratospheric that other life forms do not experience. Why wouldn't it be psilocybin?
>>
>>80966274
I think it would take crazy amount of psylocebe and also hundreds of generations of the specie to effect the development
>>
>>80963996
I've taken acid once, and done shrooms a handful of times, enough to have a breakthrough. Its not going to make you a bleeding heart faggot.
It does alter how you view certain things, but its far more abstract than political views. I thought of humanity being part of something bigger, like every person was one little mitochondria in a cell, and we were all following probabilistic patterns of behavior unknowingly, working towards an end goal we were incapable of contemplating. I felt a presence other than myself, and felt like there as an intangible something surrounding life that we were always near, but couldn't really perceive.

A lot of substances can get you to the right place, supposedly so can deep trance meditation. I'd really recommend mushrooms over LSD or anything else, and don't be a retard about it. Moderation is a virtue.

>>80965074
Later on in life he started having much more fringe ideas come to the surface. I'd chalk it up to the times, and the culture of the people he was surrounding himself with. When you lose sight of objectivity and are surrounded by people who will essentially believe anything its really easy to go crazy.

>>80965861
I believe hes onto something there specifically. We know humanity has been consuming alcohol in various forms for 10,000 years or more, and cannabis equally as long. There are some crazy old cave paintings depicting a shaman figure who is spouting with mushrooms from head to toe, Paul Stamets has talked about it a bit. That would seem to indicate that man has been utilizing all sorts of mind altering substances for at least as long as early megalithic structures have existed. An early human taking a substance that caused deep hallucinations, looking up into the sky, and becoming fascinated with the stars could explain why its such a universally human trait to star gaze, and make astrological measurements. Contemplating the world around us in a way no other animal does is one hell of a strange adaptation
>>
File: tassili.jpg (204 KB, 406x525) Image search: [Google]
tassili.jpg
204 KB, 406x525
>>80966900
bump and pic related
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.