[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we discuss automation and its impact on employment, /pol/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (824 KB, 2048x1323) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
824 KB, 2048x1323
Can we discuss automation and its impact on employment, /pol/? Recently there is talk of bringing back factories from China, but we know if manufacturing does come back, the factories will be heavily automated. Additionally, automation is becoming a larger presence in the service sector, and fully-automated call centers may well be a reality in a decade or so. Even self-driving cars are in development, which could have huge implications for the mass transit and logistics sectors.

All this begs the question: what do we do when the machines have made most jobs unnecessary? Do we create new jobs? Or will we need to conceive of a new way for individuals to sustain themselves?
>>
File: husbando.jpg (105 KB, 431x768) Image search: [Google]
husbando.jpg
105 KB, 431x768
>>80592034
Machines need maintanance and people to create them so we are nowhere near a world "without jobs" that retarded NEET spout.

>Do we create new jobs?
We already create A LOT of bullshit jobs, all the graduated in genders studies, psychology, management, sociology, etc... are worthless, I repeat you can suppress 99% of these people tomorow and the world would be the same, maybe better.

A lot of the people you see everyday who work in offices with abstract titles that mean nothing occupy bullshit positions (think about a thing like "chief diversity officer"), their functiun has literally no value, it is all about illusion to be useful, but they are factually not.
>>
>>80592034
>be me
>working home theater
>middle end stuff
>run wires and program remotes
>wifi and Bluetooth take off
>no more wires
>jobs dry up
>get laid off cause low man on totem poll despite 10 years with company
>can't find another home theater job
>>
>>80593019

When's the last time you had to "maintain" your blender, frog? Or any other machine in your house for that matter?
>>
>>80593019
>machines need maintenance
>we wont design machines to do maintenance

The only jobs in the future are going to jobs that require unique human innovation, and even then that's up until the point when we create AGI.

After that the only way forward is integration with machines.
>>
>>80592034
Dude, for some sort of autism while I took a glance at your pic related I thought those red things were a buch of roman helmets being made by industrial machines. I know it's autism, but it would be neat as fuck if it were true
>>
>>80592034
>All this begs the question
No, it doesn't. Please see
https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/53/Begging_the_Question
>>
>>80592034
>Recently there is talk of bringing back factories from China, but we know if manufacturing does come back, the factories will be heavily automated
Automation is newspeak for jobs outsourcing to China.
>>
>>80595136
>blender
Idiot, industrial machines need regular maintenance and fixing. The only thing that needs rarely repair is our industrial robot though, and that because it does always the same low stress movements.
>>
>>80592034
Who gives a fuck? I'm a real estate agent. I'm never getting replaced. You nigger "blue collar" retards might.

>MUH TRADES

Enjoy being replaced by a simple machine.
>>
>>80596433
Nigger, you're getting replaced now with fucking phone applications.

>>80593019
What happens when organizations restructure and remove unnecessary positions?

>>80592034
It's really more about restricting labor supply than it is about creating more jobs. Jobs will still exist, but they will be feather bedded to hell if the status quo is to be maintained, people who are considered less desirable in the workplace will be kept from working in a more traditionalist movement (People under or over a certain age, women, etc) effectively taking out a huge portion of the work force, or universal basic income and a welfare state will support enough of the population that work is unnecessary.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.