[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is your phone encrypted, pol?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot_20160710-082555.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160710-082555.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
Is your phone encrypted, pol?
>>
> Using the mobile jew
>>
No
Should i encrypt? Does it work?
Abstaining from encrypting anything until i know it works.
>>
>>80480061
>le encrypt your phone

Encrypting your phone would only protect the local data on the phone, i.e. the least important data that one would be concerned about. Things such as messages sent via SMS, phone calls, or anything sent over the internet would still not be encrypted and is no less likely to be tracked or monitored. Not to mention that if you aren't removing the SIM card of the phone or leaving it in one location, the metadata of your movement (as given by the phone's connection to the cell towers in an area as you move) is already known.

In short encryption does basically nothing in terms of phones. I could care less if someone wants to look at the dumb photos I've taken.
>>
>>80480168
mmm wut?

>>80480208
yes, it works. your government won't be able to peek their nose into your phone
>>
>>80480379
it's still better than nothing.
also i don't care about sms or phone calls. 90% of the time I post on the Internet so it is important to prevent KGB from looking at my browser history.
>>
>>80480637
They can do that whether you encrypt or not.
>>
>>80481139
They can, but like everything it asks a lot more effort.
Today the question is not "how do I keep things secret from the government ?" but "how do I make the task as painful as possible for them ?".

They maybe have billions but still have limited manpower and time.
If just 1 millions people take care to encrypt their phones, use privacy badger/HTTPS/VPN (from time to time), crypted e-mail boxes/deactivate tracking on their phone/etc... that substantially reduce the infos they can collect without actively focusing on you.
>>
File: 1466576821094.jpg (7 KB, 168x196) Image search: [Google]
1466576821094.jpg
7 KB, 168x196
How tf do you encrypt a phone?

Enlighten me
>>
File: 1460188356682.jpg (29 KB, 400x396) Image search: [Google]
1460188356682.jpg
29 KB, 400x396
>>80482795
Delete system 32
>>
>>80480168
FPBP

fucking annoying shit.. got rid of it.. You go out fishing to get some peace and quiet... after cell phone, she nagged you on your way by car, by foot, on the lake... if signal..

"Can you go to the store.."
"Did you remember ..."
"When are you coming home"

>FUCK DAT SHIT
+ the spying FSB...
>>
File: Screenshot_20160710-143023.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160710-143023.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
I hope you are not using google play, anon
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.