[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come all Protestants do is cherry pick biblical verses and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: bible.jpg (130 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
bible.jpg
130 KB, 1200x800
How come all Protestants do is cherry pick biblical verses and preach about sin and destruction while not abiding to the very book they follow? Catholics are generous and forgiving, and tend to be all around good people, whereas Protestants are stingy and suck at interpreting the Bible. Is there an explanation for this?
>>
File: CampSaintsPope.jpg (178 KB, 887x684) Image search: [Google]
CampSaintsPope.jpg
178 KB, 887x684
>>79904944
>preach about sin and destruction
From a cathocuck? But seriously m8 when the pope lose the fire and brimstone I lost all hope in Christianisty

>Raspail called it in the 1970s
>>
Don't generalize us and we won't talk about the elephant in the room on the Catholic side.

I'm a recent convert and I really couldn't stomach the heresy in the Catholic Church, Orthodox Church or even the Protestant Churches. I had to come to terms with the fact that there is no institution which follows the Bible because if they did so they would be destroyed as we know them today. We are forced to live in Churches we disagree with and try to change them from within.

However I think the Church building age is nearly over. Persecution is around the corner and we'll all have to go underground and abandon our institutions.
>>
File: 1465775850353.jpg (324 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
1465775850353.jpg
324 KB, 683x1024
>>79904944
A lot of shit people get involved in religion. Religion cannot fix a shit person period. Any "good" Christian was probably a decent person before anyway.
>>
Max Weber's "The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism" could be of interest to you
>>
If you allow people to think for themselves there's the risk that others will notice how stupid they are, catholicism solves this by making sure that there are no stupid catholics, just catholics.
>>
>>79905942
I used to use drugs and was viciously mean and racist to people. Now I'm not using drugs, people like me again and I find joy in helping others and I'm not racist anymore.

I think you should rethink that.
>>
How come there are so many types of the same stupid religion?
>>
>>79904944
>catholics follow the bible
>the Catholic church has gambling, prays to people other than god, has holidays that involve fasting even though fasting is meant to be private and between you and God, and they make you confess your sins and do what the priest says to earn forgiveness even though jess died on the cross so you can just genuinely ask for forgiveness and receive it
Ok
>>
>>79906481
You were the good person making shit decisions. Some people just have a nature that is evil and some don't. Sort of the diff between "Nice" and "Good".
>>
File: Noah Drawing.png (717 KB, 864x639) Image search: [Google]
Noah Drawing.png
717 KB, 864x639
>>79906773
I think you're just running away from the possibility Jesus Christ is God. Really no reason to though. He died so that we may all have everlasting life. Dying without Jesus Christ is like going to the supreme court without a lawyer.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.