[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friedrich Nietzsche
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 20
File: download (1).jpg (7 KB, 215x235) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7 KB, 215x235
How does /pol/ feel about him?
>>
>>79742260
It is time for man to fix his goal. It is time for man to plant the seed of his highest hope.

His soil is still rich enough for it. But that soil will one day be poor and exhausted, and no lofty tree will any longer be able to grow there.

Alas! there comes the time when man will no longer launch the arrow of his longing beyond man -- and the string of his bow will have unlearned to whiz!

I tell you: one must still have chaos in oneself, to give birth to a dancing star. I tell you: you have still chaos in yourselves.

Alas! There comes the time when man will no longer give birth to any star. Alas! There comes the time of the most despicable man, who can no longer despise himself.

Lo! I show you the Last Man.

"What is love? What is creation? What is longing? What is a star?" -- so asks the Last Man, and blinks.

The earth has become small, and on it hops the Last Man, who makes everything small. His species is ineradicable as the flea; the Last Man lives longest.

"We have discovered happiness" -- say the Last Men, and they blink.

They have left the regions where it is hard to live; for they need warmth. One still loves one's neighbor and rubs against him; for one needs warmth.

Turning ill and being distrustful, they consider sinful: they walk warily. He is a fool who still stumbles over stones or men!
>>
>>79742762

A little poison now and then: that makes for pleasant dreams. And much poison at the end for a pleasant death.

One still works, for work is a pastime. But one is careful lest the pastime should hurt one.

One no longer becomes poor or rich; both are too burdensome. Who still wants to rule? Who still wants to obey? Both are too burdensome.

No shepherd, and one herd! Everyone wants the same; everyone is the same: he who feels differently goes voluntarily into the madhouse.

"Formerly all the world was insane," -- say the subtlest of them, and they blink.

They are clever and know all that has happened: so there is no end to their derision. People still quarrel, but are soon reconciled -- otherwise it upsets their stomachs.

They have their little pleasures for the day, and their little pleasures for the night, but they have a regard for health.

"We have discovered happiness," -- say the Last Men, and they blink.

Tell me that this shit doesn't describe exactly the path we chased for the entire 20th century.
>>
>>79742260
He was a worthless degenerate and his ideas are beyond retarded. They don't stand up to even the most cursory of scrutiny, and are only held by room temperature IQ idiots and teenagers.
>>
>>79743174
>cuck is mad that his entire alt-right soft-degeneracy was btfo 150 years before it was conceived

abandon your resentment and embrace accelerationism. Degeneracy cannot be reversed or stopped, only stalled. Let the dam burst, allow the river to scour the valley for the strongest action creates the strongest reaction. The Ubermensch can only be generated when the forces of degeneracy and lastmandom are at a fever pitch.
>>
>>79742260
I like the concept of Übermensch in thus spoke zarathustra
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 398x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 398x700
Oh, how could I not be ardent for Eternity, and for the marriage-ring of rings

the ring of the return?

Never yet have I found the woman by whom I should like to have children, unless it be this woman whom I love:for I love you, O Eternity!

For I love you, O Eternity

>what did he mean by this?
>>
File: 1455245051681.jpg (389 KB, 1284x980) Image search: [Google]
1455245051681.jpg
389 KB, 1284x980
>>79742260

Smart fella desu, senpai. But don't expect the faggots here to have actually read his works.

>>79743174

Like this faggot.
>>
>>79743562
99% of the people who read about the ubermensch miss the point entirely. It's not about recreating the blonde beast, it's about overcoming the master-slave morality dualism and ascending to a higher state of existence, beyond good and evil. There is no race of Ubermensch and the Ubermensch does not necessarily seek to make a lord of himself. It's about climbing out of the sewer of human society into the mountains of isolation, aloofness, being apart from the common herd where one can breathe clean air.
>>
>>79742260
Great ideas for empowering individuals.
>>
>>79744375
You honestly expect me to believe Nietzsche wasn't a blue eyed blonde haired nazi, who coined the phrase "gas the kikes race war now!"?
>>
>>79743562
Didn't he just take that from Dostojevskij?
>>
>>79742260
He is sometimes littlebit backwards, or stuck. He could have moved even more forward. BUT really great work concidering the time he lived in.

Sometimes great stuff, but you can go beyond Nietzsche. Don't forget to take his best with you, to the next dimensions.
>>
File: 1315673374580.jpg (14 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1315673374580.jpg
14 KB, 300x250
>>79742260
Based.
"If you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you"
This is a good quote for finding /pol/
>>
File: 1467635391608.png (24 KB, 1320x127) Image search: [Google]
1467635391608.png
24 KB, 1320x127
>>79745545
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster."
>>
File: download.png (7 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
download.png
7 KB, 251x201
>>79746079
Oh shit....
That hits close to home.
I've gone from logically knowing Black's commit most of the crime and gun violence to
>lol fuck niggers, dumb monkeys
>>
File: 1464581297318.jpg (40 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1464581297318.jpg
40 KB, 657x527
>>79742260
Shit tier in comparison to Camus, Sartre, or even Schopenhauer
>>
>>79742260
Well-meaning but fundamentally unsound.

Jesus is the Messiah and God is the ground of all existence.

Nietzsche's insights and errors are therefore worthless.
>>
Oswald Spengler was much better and brighter
>>
File: cywilizacja żydowska.jpg (21 KB, 281x404) Image search: [Google]
cywilizacja żydowska.jpg
21 KB, 281x404
>>79746079
>/pol/ in a big chuck admire nazis
>nazis were part of jewish civilisation
>/pol/ became jew
Well. It was meant to happen.
>>
>>79743174
Lmao are you mad that he completely BTFO everything you believe?
>>
>puts feelings and carnal impulses before reasoning
>got cucked and started hating women for it
>probably autistic
He was an intelligent man but had a twisted moral caused by his disgraceful life and promoted the subversion of a moral model that worked for centuries basically being predecessor of modern day degenerates
>>
>>79749297
But he didnt "btfo" it
His life of misery and disgrace made him loose faith
He is almost the opposite of /pol/ putting feelings and "feel good" before reasoning
>>
>>79742260
logical guy who understood the obvious and put it into words. Is completely misunderstood by modern liberals and now he's merely a husk to push nihilism into minds and destroy civilization.
>>
>>79748770
Both had interesting ideas, fampai.
>>
>>79749891
He wasnt misunderstood by liberals
Degenerate post-modern society was his idealization
Promiscuity and feelings before reason
>>
>>79742260
Hes trying too hard to look like Gavin McInnes
>>
File: nietzsche.jpg (20 KB, 308x379) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche.jpg
20 KB, 308x379
>>79748770
Spengler wouldn't exist without Nietzsche (and Goethe for that matter).

>Be me
>Educated in post modern theory (third wave feminism, post-colonialism, etc...)
>Read Richard Rorty
>Get suspicious
>Read Foucault's essay "Nietzsche, Genealogy, and History"
>get more suspicious
>Read Beyond Good and Evil
>Read Genealogy of Morals
>Read The Anti-Christ
>Read Twilight of the Idols
>Read Human, All Too Human
>Read Ecco Homo (ok, Nietzsche calm down a bit)
>Marx has no effect
>Discard all Historicism

I just got back from the gym. There was a guy going all out on a treadmill. It reminded me of a cap I saw here about an hour ago. A woman was blogging about fitness and was getting brow beaten by an SJW for triggering "fitness disabled" people or some bullshit. The woman eventually gave up arguing and ended the conversation by saying she was going for a run.

Social justice is slave morality.
>>
>>79750071
>Promiscuity and feelings before reason
Where does his say this, senpai?
>>
File: god.png (225 KB, 500x686) Image search: [Google]
god.png
225 KB, 500x686
>>79746079
This is wrong.All we want is for non white people to GET THE FUCK OUT of white countries.
>>
>>79749867
If you think Nietzsche was any kind of hedonist you need to get off this website and pick up a god damn book.
>>
>>79748422
You could elaborate more.
>>
>>79742260
pretty much the most misunderstood philosopher
>"Gott ist tot." lol he atheist
>>
>>79750936
>To those human beings who are of any concern to me I wish suffering, desolation, sickness, ill-treatment, indignities — I wish that they should not remain unfamiliar with profound self-contempt, the torture of self-mistrust, the wretchedness of the vanquished: I have no pity for them, because I wish them the only thing that can prove today whether one is worth anything or not — that one endures.
I mean, it's pretty clear he wants people to be as strangers to discomfort as possible.
>>
>>79748745
Understanding Nietzsche helps one to understand how the SJW movement arose from Christiianity
>>
File: 9780803252295.jpg (30 KB, 400x430) Image search: [Google]
9780803252295.jpg
30 KB, 400x430
>>79748422
>Shit tier in comparison to Camus, Sartre
Actual fucking Marxists. pic related

>Schopenhauer
Who gives a shit about Schopenhauer
>>
>>79751012
>"Gott ist tot." lol he atheist
Man, that's the one that pisses me off the most. I remember seeing some interesting post on Nietzsche's last days on FB - that pic of his looking bad as shit with syphilis - and some retard commented something along the lines of "who is dead now Nietzsche lmfao"
All normies know about Nietzsche is literally just three words.
>>
>>79742260
anti-nationalist cancer

He thought he could create "supermen" with his ideology, but in practice it's just used to produce more effeminate, masochistic, marxist degenerates.
>>
File: 1445684686441.jpg (105 KB, 532x540) Image search: [Google]
1445684686441.jpg
105 KB, 532x540
>>79750730
>romania
>white
>>
>>79748422
>French meme philosophers
>Good
>>
>>79742260
I love Beyond Good and Evil and the Genealogy of Morals. Still need to read Zarathustra

>>79751282
I give a shit about Schopenhauer
>>
>>79751572
62%
>>
>>79751170
>>To those human beings who are of any concern to me I wish suffering, desolation, sickness, ill-treatment, indignities — I wish that they should not remain unfamiliar with profound self-contempt, the torture of self-mistrust, the wretchedness of the vanquished: I have no pity for them, because I wish them the only thing that can prove today whether one is worth anything or not — that one endures.

Can you fucking read? Nietzsche doesn't argue the good of pleasure. He argues the good of the will necessary to endure pain.

As an aside, cherry picking Nietzsche's writing is an utterly useless endeavor. I've personally always said you need to understand all of Nietzsche before understanding any of it. He is too easy to misrepresent and misunderstand. I urge you to go to a used book store and buy a copy of his selected works. Nietzsche is one of the few philosophers lucid enough to just pick up and read. Compare to say...Kant. Or Hegel.
>>
>>79748422
>Camus
I get the feel I'm too dumb to -really- understand him. I mean, all I've read was The Myth of Sisyphus, and, while I think I get the point he tries to make, I don't agree with him. You won't find meaning in life even if you understand and fight against the absurd. No one can answer the one truly serious philosophical problem.
>>
>>79751500
So you've never read him?
>>
>>79751980
... I was being sarcastic my man.
>>
>>79742260
Nihilistic
>>
>>79752151
With a wicked sense of humor.
>>
>>79751884
>Still need to read Zarathustra
His worst. Nietzsche is better as a sledgehammer than as a leader.

As Zarathustra says, "I seek companions, not followers"

>I give a shit about Schopenhauer
So did Nietzsche. I've just never heard of anyone else.
>>
>>79752038
>Section VIII of Beyond Good and Evil, titled "Peoples and Fatherlands", criticized pan-Germanism and patriotism, advocating instead the unification of Europe (§256, etc.). In Ecce Homo (1888), he criticized the "German nation", its "will to power (to Empire, to Reich)", thus underscoring an easy misinterpretation of the Wille zur Macht, the conception of Germans as a "race", the "anti-Semitic way of writing history", or of writing "history conform to the German Empire," and stigmatized "nationalism, this national neurosis from which Europe is sick", this "small politics".[19]

Seems like a good goyim. I bet he would love Merkel.
>>
>>79751993
Oh, I love Camus. But his Stranger was a bit too autistic for my taste.
>>
>>79742260

Nietzsche almost lost his mind trying to explain how to overcome Nihilism and in general how to overcome the meaninglessness und limitation of a short human life. His Übermensch was able to overcome this weakness with the knowledge of the discrepancy between the infite existence and the finite action and is able to overcome this by creating his own law and ideals and doing them in endless daily circles. The Übermensch is comitted to his ideals till death and as consequences his actions will overcome his death.

Hope it was somehow comprehensible i suck in english but i am quite interested in philosophy.
>>
>>79752420
>>79752038
>Nietzsche heavily criticized his sister's husband, Bernhard Förster, and his sister, speaking harshly against the "anti-Semitic canaille.": "I've seen proof, black on white, that Herr Dr. Förster has not yet severed his connection with the anti-Semitic movement...Since then I've had difficulty coming up with any of the tenderness and protectiveness I've so long felt toward you. The separation between us is thereby decided in really the most absurd way. Have you grasped nothing of the reason why I am in the world?...Now it has gone so far that I have to defend myself hand and foot against people who confuse me with these anti-Semitic canaille; after my own sister, my former sister, and after Widemann more recently have given the impetus to this most dire of all confusions. After I read the name Zarathustra in the anti-Semitic Correspondence my forbearance came to an end. I am now in a position of emergency defense against your spouse's Party. These accursed anti-Semite deformities shall not sully my ideal!!" Draft for a letter to his sister Elisabeth Förster-Nietzsche (December 1887)
>>
>>79742260

/pol/ btfo

Custom represents the experiences of men of earlier times as to what they supposed useful and harmful - but the sense for custom (morality) applies, not to these experiences as such, but to the age, the sanctity, the indiscussability of the custom. And so this feeling is a hindrance to the acquisition of new experiences and the correction of customs: that is to say, morality is a hindrance to the development of new and better customs: it makes stupid. -Nietzsche
>>
>>79752420
desu, if there was one group of people Nietzsche admired it was the Jews. He gave his sister endless shit for marrying a anti-semetic German nationalist. His brother in law was a true proto-Nazi.

Nietzsche once wrote something to the effect, "Nationalism is soil addiction"

I still say hes the best anti-SJW out there.
>>
>>79748422

>Camus
>Better than Nietzsche

The myth of Sisyphus is /r9k/ in book form. Even acknowledging the question of suicide comes with the tacit admission that life is burdensome.
>>
>>79752420
Sounds like an advocate of pan-Europeanism, not globalism. I already knew his views on Jews. No one's perfect, but he had some great ideas. Instead of deflecting with cherry-picked quotes, why not show how his philosophy leads to
>effeminate, masochistic, marxist degenerates.
>>
File: Sweden HDI drop.jpg (759 KB, 1139x1309) Image search: [Google]
Sweden HDI drop.jpg
759 KB, 1139x1309
>>79752693
>knew things are always better!
Yes, tell me about Sweden now that it let tons of Arabs and Africans in, and has become the rape capital of the world.

Also, modern leftism, SJWism, etc. is just a new form of moral code - those who deviate from it are attacked by the mob; similar to religious persecution in the height of the Catholic Church's reign.
>>
>>79752975
>Also, modern leftism, SJWism, etc. is just a new form of moral code - those who deviate from it are attacked by the mob; similar to religious persecution in the height of the Catholic Church's reign.
Sounds like something Nietzsche would say
>>
>>79752841
>burdensome
Not burdensome, but without intrinsic meaning.
>>
>>79743539
Truthfully, i have been working on becoming Ubermensch. No distractions. Work that serves a greater purpose than myself. Building myself reading learning playing instruments again.

All i am left asking myself

"Why am i so great?"
>>
I read the anti-christ. He said some things that I really liked, about suffering, about the explanation of god, religions usefulness in society, etc.

Kind of had this superiority complex. Him and his fellow hyperboleans (?its been awhile) should put the weak out of their misery instead of have them linger on under a faith that endorses healing the weak. Kinda crazy. see his point, but wow Neitzsche, you soulless fuck.
>>
>>79752933
Anti-nationalism and the supression of racial identity just plays hand-in-hand with Marxism, since the core tenants of Marxism are base materialism and collectivism - all else be damned. Nietsche's ideology contributes to the destruction of national and cultural identity that keeps globalist Marxism from enforcing itself. Is it any coincidence that the biggest portion of Nietzsche fans are in the commie camp themselves?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lwypeJzAkE
>>
>>79753353
Commies who claim to like Nietzsche either didn't read him, or they misunderstood him. Nietzsche is much more similar to someone like Evola than he is to Marx.

You have to keep in mind the situation of his time. 19th century nationalism led to petty wars and arms races that ended up hurting Europe in the long run. There's a reason why far-right thinkers like Evola and Kuehnelt-Leddihn were also against nationalism in their day. The circumstances have changed and now nationalism is necessary, but a different kind of nationalism than pre-WW1 nationalism
>>
>>79751572

>Kelli Jean Drinkwater

I kek everytime
>>
File: Do Not Save and Repost My Image.jpg (181 KB, 600x691) Image search: [Google]
Do Not Save and Repost My Image.jpg
181 KB, 600x691
>>79751884
Beyond Good and Evil is his follow up to Zarathustra. I understand Amerilards can't write the date properly but at least learn how to read books in order.
>>
>>79742260
Philosopher for masturbating adolescents.
>>
>>79752975

>>new AND better
>knew things are always better!
are you retarded?
>>
File: typo.jpg (68 KB, 720x529) Image search: [Google]
typo.jpg
68 KB, 720x529
>>79755823
>>
>>79742260
great writer. but also a huge asshole, where could moral philosophy honestly go after neitzsche? he basically put a stop to that shit.
>>
>>79754089
I skipped Zarathustra. He can keep that poetry shit. Literally everything else he wrote is better unless you're a woman.
>>
File: Argument.jpg (42 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Argument.jpg
42 KB, 400x400
>>79757410
> I cannot interpret the meaning of the verse

Nems are best kept as Thai cuisine; shame on me for replying. Go read before spreading those uninformed opinions.
>>
>>79751993
>You won't find meaning in life
Why not? We are free to give ourselves meaning and purpose (this may be personally unachievable for you) even if we conciously accept the absurdity of the premise given the circumstances.

>>79752561
Don't you get how you prove camus's point by moronically labeling mersault as "autistic"? The persecution he faced for the crime of being honest? The example of tribal/collective thinking and willing to label/punish someone who simply does not act in the expected fashion of social mores and is deemed not "normal"? Oh you're Romanian of course you don't, every Romanian i've ever met has been unbelievably dumb as fuck.
>>
>>79752841
>The myth of Sisyphus is /r9k/ in book form.
I think your interpretation of it says way more about you and demonstrates a very weak understanding of the book. Your perception is your reality.
>>
>>79757981
Zarathustra is to Nietzsche as Touch Me is to The Doors. Get over yourself.
>>
File: circus-653851_640.jpg (108 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
circus-653851_640.jpg
108 KB, 640x479
>>79759599
>Implying I listen to ancient mainstream drivel in the age of digital information.

>Directed internet attack.
>>
>>79742260
TUMBLR RAID THIS COULD POSSIBLY HIT TWITTER GET YOUR GORE FOLDERS READY

>>>/b/692998913
>>
>>79759912
You should still understand the reference. Couldn't think of another example as I'm half-kidding anyway. I'd still rather read HATH, BGE, TGS, GOM, TI, or EH than Z. Just not my thing. I tried it at least twice.
>>
>>79742260

One of the finest examples of a modern primitive christian.

In fact I'd say he's more christian than St.Augustine.

Very misunderstood. Perhaps on par with Plato.

Also a cowardly, r9k-tier individual. Probably very unpleasant and cringy.

I recommend reading his life and the letters, not just his books.
>>
>>79755087

That's a very teenage oppinion
>>
>>79743174
>ad hominem fallacy, the post
at least bother to name an idea of his and try to refute it logically. Name calling just makes you look like a 12 year old or a pleb.
>>
>>79762135
Explain how the fuck Nietzche is 'christian'?
>>
File: 1466804690162.jpg (68 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1466804690162.jpg
68 KB, 633x758
>>79744375
About time someone else understood his works.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.