[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With the increase of rich Americans retiring and moving into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
With the increase of rich Americans retiring and moving into rich homes in Mexico and Mexicans flooding into America
How would /pol/ feel if we just eventually ended up doing a complete country switcharoo where we all just switch sides?
>>
>>79685660
I was just in puerta Vallarta and can confirm.americans have a much better retirement standard of living there. Less taxes, more freedom, lower cost of living. It is more dangerous though, if you leave the American areas. Doubt the switcheroo will happen though. Mexico has a habit of seizing Americans property there every so often, would be afraid to buy real estate
>>
>>79685660
what if you help us purging this country so we don't flood you anymore and this place actually gets out of shithole status. that would be win win.

>>79685660
> Mexico has a habit of seizing Americans property there every so often, would be afraid to buy real estate

Up until a few years ago, foreingers couldn't buy property in Mexico. which is why they needed to have mexican names borrowed which allowed for a lot of fraud to happen.

But I thought that law changed some time ago though...

Still lefties complain about it so I wouldn't buy anything here unless the left gets contained.
>>
How safe is Mexico these days? I'd like to visit Oaxaca and the more indigenous parts
>>
>>79685660
Go back to gringoland.
>>
>>79686078
>I'd like to visit Oaxaca and the more indigenous parts

You won't find peace if you go to "indigenous zones", the culture is beautiful and everything is awesome, you know what the problem is?, those indigenous parts.

Don't go south, the only cool place south is DF (only the Zocalo), Jalisco and Yucatán. Don't go to Oaxaca, only the cheese is good over there.

Those fucking teachers man...
>>
>>79685660

I'm not rich, but I'm in the process of retiring to Mexico.

There are nearly zero feral blacks. Everyone else is poor enough and scared enough to have some goddamn common sense.

If you're a person of goodwill and you've got a pension, Mexico could be heaven.
>>
>>79686078
>oaxaca
Dont
>>
>>79685660
> Rich Americans living in a poverty stricken shithole barely second world country
> "But the beaches are beautiful!!!"

I don't get it. If you're rich enough to afford a big ass mansion in Mexico, you're probably rich enough to live anywhere you want. Why the fuck would it be Mexico?

That's like having someone offer to take you to dinner anywhere you want for the rest of your life and picking Taco Bell.
>>
File: mexico.jpg (102 KB, 767x531) Image search: [Google]
mexico.jpg
102 KB, 767x531
>>79685660
>With the increase of rich Americans retiring and moving into rich homes in Mexico

Note that if you’re American and want to immigrate to Mexico, among other stipulations, they expect you to have at least $100,000 in the bank;

http://www.mexperience.com/lifestyle/living-in-mexico/visas-and-immigration/

Visa de Residente Permanente – Permanent Resident Visa
The Permanent Resident Visa is intended for people seeking permanent residency status in Mexico, or those who may seek eventual Mexican Citizenship.You do not need to be a Temporary Resident first to become a Permanent Resident later, provided that you fulfill one of the other requirements needed for permanent residency.
To apply for and be granted a permanent residentvisa, the applicants must:
* have certainclosefamily connections in Mexico, or
* apply for retirement status and prove they have sufficient monthly income (or substantial assets) to support themselves, or
* have 4 consecutive years of regular status as Temporary Resident, or
* have 2 consecutive years of regular status as Temporary Residentwherethatthe Temporary Visa was issued through marriage to a Mexican National or a foreign permanent resident,or
* meet a minimum score under the Points System*, or
* be granted residency on humanitarian grounds or through political asylum.
>>
>>79689883
sick beach houses and good food.

lately a lot of places where I live have been gentrified. I dont mind since americans like to restore old shit and not just build new ones
>>
File: beach-in-acapulco[1].jpg (35 KB, 585x400) Image search: [Google]
beach-in-acapulco[1].jpg
35 KB, 585x400
>>79689883
>I don't get it. If you're rich enough to afford a big ass mansion in Mexico, you're probably rich enough to live anywhere you want. Why the fuck would it be Mexico?

A lot of Americans aren't rich enough to live wherever they want. They retire in places where their dollar goes further, and Mexico is actually one of the best places to do that. There is cheap and quick travel back to the US, healthcare costs are low, costs of living is low. The climate is nice and sunny, the food is good, the beaches are nice.

Most Americans choosing to retire in Mexico aren't buying big ass mansions, but they might buy a condo or a small home near the beach in a sunny place. The US really doesn't have many beach cities, and few tropical areas that don't get cold in the winter. There are a lot of American expats living in Mexico, and the culture of Mexico isn't too different from that of the US. So I can see why a lot of Americans would choose to retire there. Its not shitty and poor everywhere, and its still not as shitty and poor as places like the Philippines and Brazil.
>>
>>79689883
Get out of the midwest sometime.
>>
>>79691037

This describes my situation.

>One bedroom apartment in Los Angeles, $2000 USD
>One bedroom apartment in Mexico, $175 USD

When you're on a fixed income it's a no brainer. At this point, I've got a girlfriend there and everything so it's home now. Just gotta get everything settled and I'm gone.
>>
>>79685838
we only seize property RIGHT ON RIVERS OR BEACHES

you can't have a private beach, if you dare to block all entrances, eventually the goverment will just seize a part to make a public entrance
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.