[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EU Horizon 2020 BTFO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 43geabnzternz.png (190 KB, 666x796) Image search: [Google]
43geabnzternz.png
190 KB, 666x796
>be me, good Swiss citizen
>vote for the limitation of immigration from the EU
>EU pissed, grumbles, and threatens to kick us out of Horizon 2020
>Brexit
>mfw having a look at the world university rankings
>mfw when doing some research with my britbongs and burger bros.
>>
1. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
2. Harvard University
3. University of Cambridge
4. Stanford University
5. California Institute of Technology (Caltech)
6. University of Oxford
7. UCL (University College London)
8. Imperial College London
9. ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH Zurich
10. University of Chicago University of Chicago
14. Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)
>scroll, scroll, scroll

23. Ecole normale supérieure, Paris

top fucking kek.
How are they even going to compete?
EU research BTFO.
>>
>>79508223
What is your point exactly? That you are going to lose the funding through the innovation programme?
>>
>>79509008
>implying we'd need your dirty neetbux
The EU can fund whatever they want. No matter what, top research is being done_ outside_ the EU. In America, in England, in Switzerland.
>>
>>79509008
That the best universities are in countries not affiliated with the EU you fucking nigger
>>
>>79508223
>lose EU funding
>just buddy up to industry and receive funding from them instead

EU funding is allocated according to their globalist agenda anyway, it won't be missed
>>
>>79509753
The other argument is free movement for researchers/scientists. But neither that one holds, because why the hell would anyone wanna visit some random University in France or Germany, when he could be going to do some proper research in the United Kingdom, or America instead.
>>
>>79508493
Does that include non-teaching insitutes? Both Frauenhofer and the Max Planck Society are among the top performers worldwide.
>>
>>79510519
>Does that include non-teaching insitutes?
I don't think so (just not comparable w.r.t. those rankings), so no.
>>
File: 1441395054200.jpg (58 KB, 675x739) Image search: [Google]
1441395054200.jpg
58 KB, 675x739
>>79511420
Then isn't it kind of useless when talking about research? Going with the Thomas Reuters list the US still vastly outperforms, but below them the picture changes
>>
>>79511681
>Then isn't it kind of useless when talking about research?
Not if we're talking about Horizon 2020, Erasmus, and all that jazz, no.
>>
>>79511809
I was going with rare output, but I give you that.
>>
>>79511681
To be fair about 2 million of those papers are total bullshit rushed papers so scientists can eat or biased studies made by some corp to promote their product.
>>
>>79509008
How long before you join us in freedom, brother?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.