[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get it guys, why is everyone extending their childhood
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10
File: kiddiebox.jpg (210 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
kiddiebox.jpg
210 KB, 2048x1365
I don't get it guys, why is everyone extending their childhood for so long? This isn't just exclusive to millenials btw.

I became an adult very quickly. When I turned 11, my parents dumped a ton of responsibilities on me and I was required to act like an adult, meaning, registering things on my own, going to places to do tasks and talking to people. Even before I was 11, at 9 my parents shit on me for playing with figurines or actionfigures. I was also criticized by my peers. I remember I was 8 and had some male nintendo action figures and that was considered childish by some of my classmates. I was 8 goddamnit. Pokemon, and other anime crap was considered taboo. This was also the time when I was required to buy my own shit. If you had pokemon cards at 11, you were SHIT on at school. Keep in mind I spend 8 years educated in the U.S. This is what I grew up with. By the time I was 15 I had my own job and earned money outside of my allowance my parents allocated for me for doing chores in the house.

Then I go to an anime convention in the States, full of manchilds and adult kids. 30 year olds buying TOYS for fucks sake. The last time I bought a plastic toy was when I was maybe 9. I'm 25 now and I just couldn't get into it. I bought nothing because every fiber in my body screams it's a waste and it screams manchild. I'm not a child anymore, but I grew up preparing to be an adult, and now that I'm adult, it's now okay to act like a child.

How can some parents be so fucked up they can't raise their children to grow up? And don't post that pic of that autist with anime figurines. A lot of these people don't have jobs or are working shit jobs and would rather play video games, watch anime all day, or buy more toys.

40 year old virgin is 11 years old. The comical fictional character is now common and very realistic today, except he'd probably be living with his parents or sharing a place.
>>
you can blame 4chan and the Internet for this. Always on with nobody able to shame people away from it.
>>
>visits pol
>thinks he can lecture anybody

What are you a fucking parasitic Jew?
>>
Let's take a look at the current state of society, shall we?

>millennials were not taught valuable life skills in school
>went right from k - 12 to college
>many were flat out sheltered from real life and only viewed the world from atop their ivory tower
>marriage rates are rapidly declining with each passing year
>the housing market is likewise in decline
>the college debt bubble is set to burst thanks to the high rates of defaults on student loans

This is entirely the fault of society. Sure, you could blame the individual for not being adequately prepared, but when it becomes more than just a few, and instead it's the majority of them having an impact on society due to a widespread failure to launch, society will ultimately have to answer for that.
>>
>>79577921
The state of the economy - in particular its uncertainty and lengthy certification process.
>>
Also, public school and lack of pressure / requirement for young marriage is the other main cause.

Most of these people aren't NEETS, they have successful tech/service careers. It's as simple as parents simply not even caring about anything as long as their kids success academically and career-wise. Tech careers are now the "successful" jobs which basically don't put any social pressure on "growing up" outside of finances and living

No regard is even given to family
>>
>>79578037

No shit, the guy that turned into an adult at 11 probably has less to show than most regular kids that grow up after they hit 25 and end up with successful companies that don't even give them time to shitpost. Real men spend their time working and on free time talking about sports I guess keeping up with scores and who's getting traded when they're not with their families.

OP is here asking a shitload of man children how come man children are being born.
>>
People are living longer, boomers and their parents aren't dying and this is the consequences.

They aren't kidding when they say 30 is the new 20.
>>
>>79578118
>classic millennial. Turns society into a husk of its former self, yet blames everyone else
>>
>>79577921
>I'm mature g-guise
>lets mock young boys and laugh at them to make me feel better
Didn't read faggot. Your first 2 sentences already made my gag
>>
>>79577921
Sounds like you fell for the adulthood meme. Sad!
>>
it's really this simple: THE INTERNET is the cause.

People can now have whatever interests they want with no source of public shaming, and just talk/meet up with only other people who share the same interests. 4chan and /pol/ being no exception. Everyone is forming cliques. the Internet is basically destroying the fabric of society.
>>
>>79577921
>I go to an anime convention

>OP claims he isn't a man child

I avoid conventions and shit like the plague but Gunpla are pretty rewarding to build to be honest.
>>
>>79577921
living in the western world takes little to no effort to survive, and most of your people are sheltered from the real world because of your parenting, media and nanny states.
>>
File: yvettefelarcaattackingTWP.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
yvettefelarcaattackingTWP.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>79577921
>why is everyone extending their childhood for so long

Because their actual childhood is stolen by cultists infiltrating public schools.

Sign the petition: https://www.change.org/p/berkeley-unified-school-district-fire-yvette-felarca
>>
>>79577921
Comfort. Why change if you don't have to?
>>
>>79577921
Your childhood was fucking terrible.
>>
>>79577921
The people you're talking about are happy and enjoy their hobby. You sound like you are envious of that because you were not brought up in that environment and were forced to do things you don't want to do because you care too much about what other people think.
>>
>>79578118
America is somewhat fucked. I see the childless epidemic happening in the states, except much, much worse, because it will be filled with Mexicans and Niggers. Schools will have HUGE race problems, imagine the ghetto schools, but now happening everywhere.

The U.S. needs to simply ban all hispanics from immigrating legally to the U.S. There are already too many of them and if the illegals stay you end up getting a majority mexican population. That's by definition the exact opposite of perfect multiculturalism which the libfags talk about so much.

niggers I'm not actually worried about. They shit out babies, but at least most of them are aborted, and once the father is gone, that's usually it for the mother. She ends up not reproducing after that. The nigger woman with 6 children is hardly common, no matter what /pol/ thinks.
>>
>>79578572
there's a difference between someone who plays video games and also has a stable job and someone who goes to cons and collects action figures
>>
File: image.jpg (186 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186 KB, 1024x1024
>>79578621
When I was in highschool 14 out of the 15 Hispanics at my school had to be put in the "extra help class".

Where basically the teacher did all their work and they got tons of help on their state tests. Tons of help on tests that should have been taken alone.

They are literally mentally lacking in all fields
>>
>>79578572

OP thinks he went through true soviet-era communist rule hardship. I doubt this is true but bottom line is sounds like he resents others because of what they do as adults and it stems from his lacking childhood.
>>
>>79578215
>Real men spend their time working and on free time talking about sports I guess keeping up with scores and who's getting traded when they're not with their families.
u wot m8? id rather be playing video games when im 30 than to force myself to do shit i dont want to do. im going to be playing video games all my life, im a social outcast, i get that, never gonna have a wife boohoo, im gonna do what im gonna do, and if anyone thinks im a childish loser, theyve wasted their time they couldve spent thinking about something that mattered
>>
>>79578016
Oh boy it's le I hate 4chan and the Internet man!

I see you're still here 24/7 you massive fucking hypocrite. You should be permabanned
>>
>>79578476

Is she punching a guy for protesting communism?

Vurt de furk?
>>
>>79578877
there's always that spic that took a spanish class just for an easy grade.
>>
>>79578811
No there is not. You only believe that because you judge people on superficial things. You're like the dumb redneck racists who hate niggers because of their skin color or some stupid shit and not because they're dumb shiteating baboons actively destroying the civilized society that took thousands of years to develop.
>>
>>79577921
>OP talks shit about people at a anime convention
>anime convention
>OP attends anime conventions
Nigger, you're just as immature as them. You're judging people for buying collectibles etc but you paid to go into a con for fucking nip cartoons at age 25. You're probably older than 90% of the people there. If this is bait, it's easily an 8/10
>>
>>79578572
I'm not gonna lie, I am a bit envious of being an ignorant bluepilled retard.

But if I compare myself to them, they're answering for their problems once the convention is done and they go home back to their shitty jobs.

There are definitely people who are successful who act like fucking children. Just look at Pixar and Disney. Those are outliers, very few people are able to make successful careers from being manchilds. And the people who make the deals, negotiations and marketing for those companies are definitely not childish.

Society requires adult men for it to function. We can afford to have a few NEETs but as a nation it's required to build a strong work ethic that builds careers and families.
>>
>calls people manchildren
>goes to anime convention

fucking idiot
>>
>>79579021
Oh yeah of course they all know Spanish but they speak English like they've never heard it before.

When they become the majority this country is fucked. It will never recover
>>
>>79577921
>caring what your 11 year old peers thought
>implying you can't be responsible and spend your money on hobbies you enjoy
Oh OP, that's unfortunate.
I hope you are happy with your life, sounds like you aren't though.
>>
>>79577921
Some day, when you get older and actually grow up, you will realize how stupid and immature it is to judge people as childish for doing things they enjoy.
>>
>>79578980

>id rather be playing video games when

I'd rather be shitposting on 4chan. It's what I like to do. I'll make it a bit clearer.

I'm ACKNOWLEDGING that I'm an immature manchild. I know this is true. I can't help it. I feel like the dudes from step brothers and shit because deep inside I do think that real men drop old habits and kid shit. What can I say, I don't have the drive to make me want to be successful, or be with my family more, or other shit that responsible adults to. I just like to waste my time with shit that keeps me happy. It's a bit selfish though.
>>
I don't know either. I grew up on a farm and worked my whole life. Started trading stocks at 11. Started my own business at 17. Real estate agent at 20.

Side business now. What's wrong with the newer generation?
>>
>>79578621
Your mindset is literally cancerous. I've seen it many times, by people like you, ones without their own opinion. The U.S. will never ban a specific race of people because it is not politically correct. It may be a great option for the U.S. to thrive in, but we will be criticized very much by already Americans and ALL foreigners. It would make us look like the epitome of a country. It's never going to happen. Also the mindeset that there is no hope for America is as equally cancerous. Why? Because it's wrong. Abortion may eventually be ruled illegal, so the only ways to avoid blacks is to let them starve, or station a gun store on every block and let them kill themselves, like the already mass black on black murder has been.
>>
>>79579150
The people you are talking about don't "make successful careers from being manchilds." They are manchilds on the side during the 128 hours of the week when they aren't working. There are loser NEETs etc. with the same interests but that is true of almost any hobby.
>>
>>79579321
So what you're saying is, you hate yourself for not exceeding the standards other have and that keeps you from having fun?
>>
>>79579144
bullshit. at least half were at least college aged or older.
>>
>>79579593
This exactly. Not sure what OP is trying to get out. Once OP realizes people can function as human beings and still have hobbies outside of work life, whether that be sports, movies, posting on 4chan, etc. then they might be less frustrated at the 'ignorant bluepilled retards' (kind of ironic?).
>>
File: 1467411460339.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
1467411460339.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
>>
Maybe you should stop bawwwing at other people for spending their money on things you don't approve of?
>>
>>79579491
>The U.S. will never ban a specific race of people because it is not politically correct.
It's not about banning a race. It's about not banning the means to avoid a race.
IE: Businesses having right to refuse service, private schools, home schooling, keeping section 8 housing out of your neighborhood, etc.
>>
>>79579605

Well, when you put it that way no. I'm not OP and I'm not spinning this into simple case of I failed to live up to what society thinks I should have ended up as. I think personally I know that I am lacking in characteristics that I see present in real men and it makes me think I suck. I wish I could have more to offer my wife but I am missing that drive.

I will say this though. I don't feel like a total failure, I have three and a half years in the military and went to the war so I feel like if any conversation of being a real man came up I think I have as much right to say I am one as other people if we're measuring achievements. Not everyone is willing to go through that.

But mainly I notice that I am immature, don't have the drive to provide my family with a better lifestyle and can't stop bitching because the world gets under my skin.
>>
>>79579858
This kind of thinking is how entire nations collapse.

You can maintain a small ant farm in your house. Sealed, controlled, and monitored. But when the ant farm take controls of the guest room and bathroom, you've got a problem. The manchild problem will bite us in the ass eventually if it hasn't already.
>>
>>79577921
This is top shelf bait
Saved
>>
>>79579881
Why are they all asian?
>>
>>79580070
What is a "real man"? Why do you want to be one?
>>
I know exactly what you mean op i know people in their 20s that buy retarded star wars figurines as if they were children its pathetic.

Crazy how many are actually against you in this thread, you would have thought that people on /pol/ wouldn't be so bad, but who are we kidding, there's a lot of manchildren here pretending to be "redpilled' while watching stuff like anime
>>
File: 1461728717741.gif (871 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
1461728717741.gif
871 KB, 245x230
>>79579772
kek
>>
>>79577921
All men have collected toys from things in their past.
Collecting heavy metal paraphernalia is not somehow more respectable than nintendo toys.
They're both just reminders of the genre of entertainment we enjoy.

Every male I know that is 40 still enjoys all the things they did when they were children
>rock music
>star wars stuff
>lord of the rings props
>videogames
>fantasy books

But either way, useless entertainment is useless entertainment.
Unless you spend all your time reading educational books or watching instructional videos you're still wasting time.
Even practicing instruments is useless unless you intend on making money off of it, which most will never be good enough to do.
>>
>>79580070

Matter of fact as I type this I have to say. Lack of real fathers is one thing that I think leads to this.

In my case my parents were stupid. They tried I suppose but thing is they were a bit poor so they spend a lot of time working and usually they worked night shift. My dad didn't show me affection and we hardly spoke so up until I grew up I saw him as a stranger and was scared of him. I didn't see him as a dad. That leaves me with my mom who was there and basically coddled me.

When they divorced my mom worked nights and my sister couldn't discipline me so when I became an adolescent it was an example of "free to be stupid". I was around in the street doing stupid shit (nothing too bad though).

The only thing I can say I picked up from my parents that is genuinely good is my heart and work ethic. I have a lot of heart and push myself to my limits and when I work I put everything I have into it and focus. This worked well for me in the military.

>>79580336

I think because I just know that naturally (I do mean in nature) it is demonstrated that real males in every species (lions, apes, dogs) act this way. I hate that the human species has evolved into a bunch of weak shits. I admire animals because they have no choice but to be strong and hold onto family or something simple like the drive to survive and don't mind having no video games and shit. The best any adult male has become is a fucking idiot that couldn't survive in the wilderness for a year without dying from lack of food or pneumonia or some shit when a bunch of other cultures had done it for centuries.
>>
>>79580634
this is 4chan. The board made for losers. What do you expect

if you want to really solve this problem the Internet has to be destroyed or extremely restricted as a place for communication and recreation
>>
>>79580331
because obviously the "only white men are manchildren" stereotype isn't actually true.
>>
>>79577921

Wow op, sounds like you had a very hard childhood. You are a very special snowflake.
>>
File: Jack.jpg (77 KB, 570x285) Image search: [Google]
Jack.jpg
77 KB, 570x285
>>
>>79580789
My parents periodically threw away my toys. I bitched and screamed about it, but when I look back on it, they taught me right.

They luckily didn't throw away my video games, because they knew that shit was expensive so they just left me to decide on what to do with it. I still play vidya to this day and haven't quit.

Other people I know have hoarding problems, because their parents never did things like this because they might "emotionally scar" their kids. That's just bullshit. It's weakening them, and our society as a whole.
>>
>you were SHIT on

Stopped reading there. Way to care what other people think cuck
>>
>people cant be responsible adults and enjoy hobbies.

Well ok then.
>>
>>79581880
I'm curious as to how confident you are in approaching people after years of being the autist who collected anime dolls.
>>
>>79581811
My parents let me keep stuffed animals and never threatened to throw them away.
When I was even younger I had a blanket that I would hold all the time.
I got rid of them on my own quite haphazardly.

Hoarding is bad sure, but just because you see some guy with a few pokemon plush toys doesn't mean there's something wrong with him.
>>
>>79582149
I know some guys people who collect tons of anime shit and they're plenty confident and socially competent.

Of course, people who spend all their time watching anime and playing videogames and staying inside all day don't have experience outside of those things and so they're gonna be lifeless wastes of space.
But having those things are a result of their worthless life, not the other way around.
>>
>>79582747
some guys* dammit
>>
File: pol tries to fight the jews.gif (2 MB, 300x388) Image search: [Google]
pol tries to fight the jews.gif
2 MB, 300x388
>>79579021
>>79579021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtFb_xem6k8

>Related
>>
>>79581811
>threw

My parents told me later they regretted giving away my toys as some of those Star Wars figures ended up being hundreds of dollars on eBay.
>>
>>79580331
Probably because it's happening in Vancouver.
>>
>>79582747
so the only ones of worth are the ones with large social lives?
>>
>>79577921
Yea, buying childhood items that make people happy is really the downfall of society.
Kys
>>
File: 1467095268499.jpg (9 KB, 262x206) Image search: [Google]
1467095268499.jpg
9 KB, 262x206
I'm fairly responsible and still enjoy those things.

You just sound like you can't moderate yourself properly so stick to extremes rather than have an ounce of self-control; instead of being able to enjoy these things you distance yourself from them as much as possible.

A healthy person wouldn't have a problem with it, where as you're offended by it. That's the same kind of thinking that has bred SJWs. That's the same kind of thinking that continues to breed liberals.
You've never actually grown up; you post on an anime imageboard hosted by a Japanese businessman sold to him by a twink ladyboy.
>>
File: smugneetscholar.jpg (121 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
smugneetscholar.jpg
121 KB, 408x408
YAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWN
*Farts*
*smells fart*

What were you saying there, wagecuck? I couldn't hear you over all this free time I have. Better get to work on time so Mr. Shekelstein doesn't cut your hours
>>
I knew a man with a cactus, which had for ten years, one day some gave him another cactus. 6 months later he had to move out of his to a bigger house, to make more room for his cactus collection.

Point is, we evolved to be gatherers and hoarders, and that instinct is being transfered over to useless junk.
>>
No families and shit took longer to do before..

People became "men" because they got married and started having kids young, thus they had no choice but to put aside their kid fun. My grandpa worked for his father 6 days a week after school, no free time at all during those days, because doing shit took forever. On his off day he was a free man able to do anything he wanted, so he walked 18 miles into town and fucked off all day then walked back after midnight.

It's not that he abhorred the idea of a care free man child life, it just wasn't feasible. Every basic thing takes twice as long, and you are expected to be married young and pump out kids.
>>
>>79577921
your childhood was shit and this is coming from someone who grew up in a hoodlum area surrounded by niggers
>>
>>79577921

Sounds like your parents made you dull.
>>
No repercussions from society. Couple that with the fact that adulthood sucks and you get people reluctant to grow up.
>>
>>79586702
>walked 18 miles
6 hours?
>>
>>79586702
I think you're right, I think people now have such a carefree childhood/adolescence/early adulthood that they just cling to that idea. Even if they marry or have a kid, they still want to go back to that carefree stage and believe they can get back to it if they "find themselves" or something
>>
File: 1465907117881.jpg (17 KB, 250x248) Image search: [Google]
1465907117881.jpg
17 KB, 250x248
>>79577921
Immegration really teaches you how to act like an active member of society, i came to america about 7 years ago (im 19 now) and my parents told me how crucial it was to learn english, get a job, and help pay the bills. There were times i was working two jobs for full time shifts at the same time getting paid shit because illegal worker and that made me realize how hard but rewarding being self sufficient is and frankly the us is the best country to learn that
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.