[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Former Leftist Here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 18
File: huxley.jpg (88 KB, 800x525) Image search: [Google]
huxley.jpg
88 KB, 800x525
Anyone here a former liberal?

I grew up in a very political town and I was captain of the debate team and almost always took the left side of an issue except for practice on taking the opposite of what I believed. I guess I'm still pro-choice and anti-death penalty and in many ways "left" but I read articles from WaPost and NYT with a healthy dose of skepticism that I simply did not have as a kid. My whole family votes democrat and as cliche as it sounds Trump really did change my mind.

Well, he wasn't the only one. Obama seems like a con man who doesn't actually accomplish much on his own and he DID get elected for being Black (not that I liked McCain or Romney but Obama was just the less evil choice, he had no policy ideas that were novel).

It hurts to see the double standards on the left. I grew up in a very wealthy but very liberal place and I feel like a fool for not seeing the hypocrisy.

I guess some issues I've changed on are immigration, I'm really just undecided as to what economic policies I think work in terms of taxes and trade deals because I feel like short term and long term results are so different and I'm definitely anti gun control now when i used to be the opposite, seeing how governments abuse the people in countries where the 1st and 2nd amendment's freedoms are not extended to the people.

I'm not sure what to believe anymore. I don't support nazism and the political tests usually say I'm either slightly left or slightly right of center and I don't just want to be an apolitical centrist but I feel so deeply suspect of almost everyone at this point.

Anyone else know these feels?

Also if Trump wins, it will be because hardened lefties like me (I voted Jill Stein in 2012 as a protest vote against Obama) are voting Trump, who was a democrat for most of the 2000's and whose progressive views on healthcare and LGBT rights I welcome.
>>
>>79265293
I should also mention I'm a neet and all the high minded liberal policies on tolerance don't really help me, an unemployed, college dropout white male in any way.

And as far as religious I'm a reform jew (not orth
>>
>>79265346
orthodox please know the difference we are very assimilated) and I don't think people should be allowed to be discriminated or fired for being gay I think trans rights has taken the form of a mass hysteria as has "Islamophobia" over the rights of less than 1% of the population that CHOOSE to have extreme viewpoints (taking hormones and wearing non gender conforming clothes are a choice, as is deciding to pray to a gd that tells you to throw gays off of buildings).
>>
>>79265475
I'll post some /pol/ quotes I hade saved till someone replies since its off hours and maybe slow rn.

>Black community glorifies gangs, degeneracy, and thug life styles
>Any blacks who try to educate themselves will be ostracized, some will be openly attacked
>Black community complains about not succeeding -- blames white people
pulling others down is easier than lifting yourself up

>why euthanasia is illegal or restricted so much

Vandalism of government property is undesirable.
>>
>>79265528
It's also about subsidizing single mothers via the state.

1) Tell women not to adhere to "society's oppressive beauty standards."

2) Tell women all men want to rape them, and that if they're strong they won't need a man.

3) Men avoid relationships with women who "rebel" against what is actually attractive, women avoid men because they're afraid they'll be raped.

4) Marriage dies out, single mothers become the norm, the state steps in as a father by supporting them with welfare.

5) Men become obsolete, women are now dependent on the government, and continue to vote their rights away in exchange for more free shit.

Leftism. It always leads to fascism. Always, always, always.
>>
>>79265554
Progress is a meaningless term that is praised by a secular society. You cannot have actual progress until you define your goal or your ideal; then you can determine whether or not you are moving closer to achieving it. But the world considers a thing "progressive" not by what it is moving towards but by what it is moving away from. If a tradition is destroyed, it is called "progress." Progress is a slippery word that keeps changing its shape. In his prophetic book Eugenics and Other Evils, Chesterton says that evil always takes advantage of ambiguity. "Evil always wins through the strength of its splendid dupes…and there has in all ages been a disastrous alliance between abnormal innocence and abnormal sin."
>>
>>79265569
If you want to stump a Commie faggot forever, ask them whether they'll give up all their possessions when the revolution comes.

If they say yes, ask them whether they'd like to work in the fields, the mines or the factory.

From there you can irrevocably trap them into identifying with the rulers more than the workers, and then they're fucked because you're using their own ideas against them and forcing them to acknowledge that they're not a part of the working class (communists never are)
>>
>>79265589
This whole migrant crisis is pretty much women in power, creating a massive shit test for western males to see if we can man up and defend Europe. If you've ever noticed out "clubbing" or whatever, women will usually always try to stir up trouble between 2 males and start a fight. Whoever wins the fight usually gets the pussy. The migrant crisis is just that on a massive scale. The woman holds no allegiance to any one side and if we lose against the mudslimes they only see that as a bonus for them and if we lose the mudslimes are just better men to 'trade up" to in their eyes.
>>
>>79265608
I'll repost my reverse cuck fantasy

>know feminazi bitch
>they're always ethnic here (Indian, SEAsian, Arab, even Mediterranean)
>marry said bitch
>meanwhile begin relationship with tall, strong, Nordic blonde woman with a high IQ and no retarded collectivist tendencies
>extract eggs and fertilise with my sperm
>wait one night for feminazi bitch to pass out from alcohol (another observation, feminazis are alcoholics)
>Turkey baste that shit right up her cunt
>wait 9 months
>if the baby comes out blonde and she's like wtf I can even accuse her of cheating and she'll stfu
I think I did it better the first time.

This is the only way I can imagine a true reverse cuckoldry, I think I've made it clear the issue isn't that you're being cheated on, it's that your resources and time and energy and love is being spent on someone you were dishonestly convinced was your child. This is the only viable comparison, because she carries it for 9 months under the pretense that it's her child.

If this seems ridiculous or abhorrent, it should, because it should be obvious a woman cheating recklessly is worse than a man cheating recklessly, even if safe sex cheating is about comparable as morally bankrupt.

Moral of the story, don't cheat under any circumstances.
>>
Pretty sure almost everybody here are for slow trickle for immigration. Not open the floodgates or NK-tier borders. Too much immigration and free-trade exacerbates the survival of the fittest theme, while too little just makes the country stall.

Gun control is complex, red pilled version:
You need to keep it out of the hands of blacks and Mexicans (and mentally ill). How you do it without inciting a race war, IDK.
>>
>>79265650
my grandparents were immigrants from europe, my dad is an anchor baby, they tried to come here legally when they could, a few came illegally and were naturalized. They assimilated and almost all but 1st gen learned perfect english and either went to college or took a manual labor job.
>>
>>79265727
one more pol quote

He's simply applying the principles of business to the conduct of nations.

For example, if you do a service for someone, you should expect to be compensated for it. Demanding fair payment doesn't make people hate you, it makes people respect you. Right now the US is a laughing stock. We altruistically spend trillions defending the nations of the world, and get nothing in return. Europe could not even finance these massive welfare states if it had to provide for it's own defense. They're laughing at us all the way to the bank. The entire expense for the world's defense is coming down on the American taxpayer.

In a negotiation, you always need to have an ultimatum. You have to be prepared to walk from the table. If you're not, the other side can demand anything they want from you, knowing you'll capitulate. Thus we have to be prepared to leave these other nations to fend for themselves if they don't give us proper compensation and proper respect for our efforts. They'll actually like us more if we do this, because they'll respect us. We won't be a sucker anymore.

And the fact is that our nuclear arsenal is decaying. $20 billion dollars spent evaporates into thin air. Trump has talked to generals and commanders on the ground who have told him and shown him the dilapidated state of the nuclear infrastructure. They're using phones from the 1950's.

The writer of this article has no business sense, and is passive-aggressively trying to poke little holes wherever he can by taking statements out of their context. Trump is literally a genius with a 156 IQ, the idea that he's some sort of moron is laughable. He's a quintessential manager. Although he doesn't know all the specifics himself, he knows how to manage people, and govern the situation to work out an effective solution. It's what he's been doing all his life.
>>
>>79265766
Also I should mention I think the apprentice is a cheesy show and so is Donald Trump but I didn't realize that the stuff he says (which seems fairly moderate and reasonable to me for the most part coming from someone with 0 formal political experience) is regarded by some as HONESTLY NEXT HITLER which just seems like a disingenuous smear campaign to avoid having to discuss why the opposing views to theirs on immigration or trade or economic policy might have some validity.
>>
>>79265293
I voted for Bush when he ran against Kerry, but Obama over McCain and considered myself a leftist from 2008 to 2012.

What changed? I paid into the system for over a decade, believing in it. If I needed help, it would be there for me.

Well, tough times came knocking, and I applied for food stamps. Needed about 100 bucks for food, or I wouldn't be able to afford rent. I was told to knock up my wife, and all sorts of doors would open. Because that's the best time to get her pregnant, right? When you can't afford to feed yourself.

I was lost for a while after that, and what I am tends to vary by the day, but I'm never a Democrat
>>
>>79266017
that's sad, I think food stamps should be given to anyone who wants them and their income is less than say 50k a year because its just food and it should be at least 300 a month per person if not 400.
>>
The main problem with Trump is that he allows people to attack him by giving opponents sound bytes. In politics, never say something that requires the context of a paragraph. Something Clinton is experienced in.

About the women in power thing, I think you're beginning to overdose in red pills. Everything you said is just the slow deterioration or traditional order. It's fine though, maybe technology developed this millennium will pull us through. Society will collapse the moment productivity < consumption. Also, dodge the crazies.
>>
>>79266179
I disagree at this point. Don't want to have an ideological battle, but I think that 300/month/person is too much, and, even if it wasn't, I think private charities will take care of the people who really need it. I donate 50/week in food to my local pantry, as they helped us survive when I needed it.
>>
>>79266450
its not too much. I've lived off them and as long as they ONLY go to food, which they do its not. Yes you can live off of rice and beans but the way food subsidies are set up it sets people up to be obese and poor. If we subsidized fruits and veggies as much as we subsidized corn it would be different. Which private charities? Thats such a basic neocon talking point that some invisible private hand fixes issues.
>>
>>79266518
There are two adults that got 300/month between the 2 of them, and they were still selling their food stamps at 50 cents for each dollar of food they bought with the card. Used the cash for weed.
>>
>>79266518
(when you remove public supports). I think the genius of EBT/food stamps is that you aren't giving "cash in hand" where people are really opposed to the idea of people getting cash they could waste on drugs or something, but you are giving a debit card that really can ONLY be used on food. It works at farmer's markets and I think a healthy population is a strong one. I spent my food stamps as a sort of supplementary income and I think giving ALL americans making less than 50k a card that gives them 100 or 200 a person a month that can only be used at a farmer's market is a public good.
>>
>>79266644
Most people do not sell food stamps for drugs. I used them for food because I needed to. A few bad apples does not negate the validity of the entire program. Selling food stamps is a felony.
>>
>>79266647
No, it's not cash in hand, but it's easy to become cash in hand. You want to deliver 300 bucks/month of food to people, and that food is a specially formulated human version of dog food (requires no refrigeration or cooking, and has everything you need, nothing you don't), that would be one thing. Nobody would be interested in buying that, and you would still be eating healthy food that doesn't require any additional preservation or prep. But to just give them a card with a dollar amount on it? I'm against it.
>>
>>79266683
It is 100% possible to give people a debit card or a chit system where their money ONLY works to buy actual food at supermarkets, or farmer's markets. Yes, people can sell them, no its not worth it to do so because food is a more needed commodity than drugs in any economy and if they can AFFORD to use EBT for drugs it means they didn't need the food stamp money in the first place.
>>
>>79266800
That's literally dystopian. Food stamps are mostly used at supermarkets, not for drugs or to trade for cash. You are vastly overestimating graft in EBT card use. There's a reason the GAO exists. I hate supporting reactionary conservative points based on mass hysteria on a few examples of misuse of public social welfare policy. That is the way of the neocon. My conservative views are not based in neocon stuff but rather in the classic liberalism of the utilitarians and the epicureans.
>>
>>79266938
Also I think it degrades the strength of the conservative movement as a whole to base your views on a few examples of people misusing public welfare and not getting caught to say NOBODY should have it.

That's exactly what the left does with gun control and it doesn't help. The goal should be providing the greatest good for the greatest number of people and realizing some will abuse the system, many can be punished for doing so, but not all, and in some cases it is not financially worth it to to try to punish every minor offender. You are holding back the system based on case by case abuse rather than systemic issues.
>>
>>79266827
>if they can AFFORD to use EBT for drugs it means they didn't need the food stamp money in the first place.

Or they are willing to forego something they need for something they want. Literally everyone I've ever met on food stamps long term wound up abusing it. Some for other needs, like laundry detergent or gasoline, others for wants like drugs, alcohol, or cigarettes.

>>79266938
You can call it what you like. I disagree. I think that beggars don't get the luxury of choosing.

At any rate, I've already stated my opinion, and that I'm not interested in getting into an ideological argument about it (because, without fail, everyone who likes my stance agrees, and everyone who doesn't falls back to trying to guilt, using words like "dehumanizing" or "dystopian"), so I'm done discussing it, and I'm done reading your walls of text.
>>
>>79267117
I never abused it. Your evidence is purely anecdoal. Cite a source that says this abuse is so systemic it outweighs the benefits of the program in the first place. You want people given dog food.
>>
>>79267117
You are the issue with conservatism. You just say TL;DR when confronted with genuine heartfelt opposition.
>>
>>79267117
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCxTcfZzA5o

Sorry that I actually read your points and not the other way around.
>>
>>79267206
>I never abused it
Great.
>Your evidence is purely anecdotal
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/18/feds-more-americans-selling-their-food-stamps-for-cash.html
>You want people to eat dog food.
No. I want people to eat a food that is specially formulated to give them all the nutrients they need, and nothing they don't (like excess salt or sugar), that requires no preparation, and no refrigeration, all while being easy to ship directly to their address.

I likened it to dog food for the simple purpose of giving you an idea of something that meets all the qualifiers. If we can do it for dogs (and do it well, looking at some recopies like Acana or Merrick), we should be able to do it for humans.
>>
>>79267481
>http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/18/feds-more-americans-selling-their-food-stamps-for-cash.html
the fox news source is confusing because its summarizing a primary source document that it frustratingly won't link to but it says that abuse is less than 4% of the total system I think but no more than 10% of the total system that is the vast majority of use is legitimate.
>>
>>79267481
people need to be free to make bad choices sometimes. its part of life.
>>
>>79267481
Despite the increase, trafficking has declined since the 1990s, when the rate was nearly 4 percent of food stamps, also known as Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Programs benefits.
>>
>>79267481
About 10.5 percent of all authorized SNAP stores engaged in trafficking, the study found, compared 8.2 percent in the 2006-2008 review.

The study also found the likelihood of trafficking varied by store characteristics and settings.

Small grocery or convenience stores, for example, accounted for about 15 percent of all redemptions but 85 percent of trafficking redemptions.

So only let major grocery stores and farmer's markets accept them. Problem solved. You have yet to tell me why giving low income americans ALL a voluntary debit card that can be used at farmer's markets alone is a bad thing.
>>
>>79267481
So basically you are saying any social welfare program where 4% of people abuse the program should be cancelled.
>>
>>79267702
Well, 15 percent of the population is on food stamps. That's about 47 million people. Of those, ~4 percent of them are selling food stamps. So, about 2 million people in the US engage in it.

That's hardly "nothing."

>>79267930
It's bad because in order to do that, you need to let the government have the power to tax people so to that everyone can get whatever the government deems is the "right amount of money." Some people will be paying more than far more than $300 for a $300 card, when they might not even eat that much food over a month. Then that money just disappears, or they try to sell it.

You are arguing for a restriction of freedom in exchange for giving the government more power, as if the conglomerate would be able to judge your needs better than a small, local charity.
>>
>>79265293

>Also if Trump wins, it will be because hardened lefties like me

Great to see you trust fund baby leftists still think the world revolves around you regardless of what side you are on.
>>
>>79268134
i didn't say it was nothing i said that any system will have graft and as long as the government is making a good faith effort to be aware of graft and punish MAJOR examples its fine. Punishing every single case of people abusing 100 dollars a month is not possible or desirable financially.

The money doesn't disappear the biggest issue is that farm subsidies and bigag subsidies go to unhealthy plants like corn or wheat and not to fruits and veggies and bitching about people buying cigs with their food stamps at a convenience store isn't going to fix that.
>>
>>79265293
>I voted Jill Stein in 2012
if you were smart you would know all you did was throw away your vote and let obama win.

not voting republican automatically makes you subhuman
>>
>>79268274
it will be because former registered democrats are disillusioned by obama and are switching sides to vote a moderate republican in; has nothing to do with your trust fund straw man.
>>
>>79268340
Romney would have DIRECTLY prevented me from having gay marriage rights and that was not going to happen. As I said, lesser evil.
>>
>>79268340
In his defense, without two straight Obama terms the country wouldn't be desperate enough to take a chance on The Don.
>>
>>79265650

North Korea or bust
There's no middle ground
>>
Immigration only is helpful if it's illegal. Illegals can supply low paying jobs that the native population doesn't want to take up on our doesn't need to because they have better options.

The best economic policies I think would be to lower taxes, get rid off regulations and tarifs, also stop subsidies.

Milton Friedmann figured all of this out 40 years ago
>>
>>79268402
I agree Australia, he is a big chance, but mostly because he's a political novice and worst case scenario is that Congress or Supreme Court would nullify any policies he puts forth, not that his policies are in and of themselves mostly dangerous by their own original and scope.
>>
>>79268318
Good for you, and your opinions. I have no issue with you wanting to be generous to the people who need help. Lord knows I am. I take issue with you being generous with the money of other people, as if you know better.

And we seem to be at an ideological impasse. You've given no objective reason to reject my proposal, only a single emotional argument.
>>
>>79268400
>unironically being a fag
>marriage
wew
>>
>>79265293
Reads as though you're a normie that isn't an idiot.

Keep researching the small media and learn about what the true state of the world is.
>>
>>79268456
That's just not true. This myth of jobs nobody wants isn't true. If no immigrants the wages for these undesirable jobs will rise to try to get people to take them.
>>
>>79265293
>i grew up in a wealthy but liberal place

If someone grows up in America, they grew up in a wealthy place. We are the top 10%, that's why the shitskins and communists tear us down.
>>
>>79268575
Your proposal to give poor people nutritive dog food? Well because it is extremely far from he status quo and ideas that present a uniform good rarely provide one, a la hitler's fascism.
>>
>>79268589
thanks britbro I'm trying but i feel frustrated both by the far right neocon (i grew up with paul woflowitz and thomas friedman literally as my neighbors) and leftists who frame idea that sound nice but are bad long term and only help a small fringe pop at the expense of most.
>>
>>79268607
I mean avg median income 170k per family base d on census. VERY wealthy, even by american standards. One of the wealthiest towns in the whole us.
>>
>>79265293
I used to be a liberal jew and watched daily show with lebowitz everyday. Then I got a job and started to grow my forskin back. Now I am 100% nazi.
>>
>>79268650
Hitler was actually socialist (and nationalist), not fascist. I'm against Hitler, but I'm also against socialism, so that makes sense.
>>
>>79268379
You aren't important
>>
>>79268754
I never got into jon liebowitz. Even at my liberal worst it was always clear to me he was full of hot air.
>>79268917
A nazi? The sheer gut!
I'm an austrian-economics authoritarian social conservative fascist with pagan spiritual influences.

Learn my fucking adjectives, you bigot.
>>
>>79269030
But there are many like me.
>>
>>79268731
Listen, you vote for who you want, but don't think that just because you are voting for Trump that your views have any power here. An idea is either good, or it isn't. I don't find your ideas good, especially since your attempts to dissuade me from my views were based off pure emotionalism.

And, as someone who has been homeless through a Kansas winter, and who spent his twenties living as and associating with the American poor, I am guessing that I have more of an idea of what said poor needs than you.

But don't let that stop you from talking down to me, and keep voting to make tax payers pay more to allow people to live irresponsibly with very few real money issues.
>>
>>79268602
No idea what you just did

My point is, the native population usually has better options regarding jobs, they don't have to clean up houses for a living, the meeting population usually can get a job that is at least above that, if just slightly.
Yes there are natives that do dirty jobs because they just fucked up in a way. But the low dirty jobs still pay a Mexican now than in his country. And the only weapon he has to get a job illegally is to undercut the natives wages. Or else there would be no reason to hire him. Also illegals don't have access to welfare which is a plus ( at least they shouldn't have access idk how the welfare system looks like now over there)
>>
>>79269425
The point is, that without illegals, people would either pay people more to clean up their house, or just clean it up themselves. Neither of these things is a net loss on the economy.
>>
>>79269521
there is nothing wrong with paying a bit more to avoid completely destabilizing society and debasing the culture
>>
>>79269581
in the SHORT TERM illegal immigration is a good investment, in the long term is changes and therefore destroys the culture that it is introduced into a la Rome.
>>
>>79269382
>I've been homeless
And that's not an emotional argument?
>>
>>79269581
>there is nothing wrong with paying a bit more to avoid completely destabilizing society and debasing the culture
I never said there was. I was arguing against the German.
>>
>>79269649
No. it's not. It's a fact. And it's relevant to the conversation of what people in poverty actually need.
>>
>>79269670
I was saying that to argue against the german, friend, as well.
>>
>>79269698
ok why is you being homeless logically relevant? I've been homeless too and I didn't need to introduce it to my argument because its purely anecdotal.
>>
>>79269824
Anyways lets change tact.

Millennials are the first generation in the history of capitalism to be less rich than our parents. How should we alter our society/government to make sure this does not extend to subsequent generations?
>>
>>79269824
No, it's not. It's a matter of experience in the field that we are talking about.

And when you're homeless and cold, all you want is nutrition and warmth. You don't care if the place you are living in is a hovel, and you don't care if someone thinks that the nutritional food that needs no preparation is considered "dystopian" by someone else. A good blanket within 4 walls and a roof, and a full belly are more than enough for desperate people.

Now, for people who are planning their lives and their luxuries around government benefits, yeah. They would be upset about that. But the people who genuinely needed it would take it with a smile on their face.
>>
>>79270050
its emotional because its relevant in that we are supposed to feel bad for you because you experienced poverty. its not evidence, its not generalizable, its intended to appeal to emotion.
>>
>>79269976
End Social Security and Medicare, while extending private insurance to cover parents over 65. It makes parents take a vested interest in their children's success (as well as encouraging multiple children), as well as being genuinely good people to the children, because if their children are failures, or their children resent their parents for being selfish dicks during their childhood, then the parents don't get to retire.
>>
>>79270188
what if people can't afford private insurance because they are physically or mentally ill and cannot hold down a job?
>>
>>79270187
No, it's not. If you took it that way, too bad for you.

"It's dystopian," is an opinion backed by nothing, not even personal experience. "I was homeless," lends credibility to the claim of "I was poor." If you feel emotion due to that, that's your problem. I don't want your pity, nor do I want you to feel bad.
>>
>>79270210
That's why I said it encouraged multiple children. Don't want to put all your eggs in one basket, do you?
>>
>>79270309
that doesn't answer my question.
>>
>>79270363
Except that I did.
>>
File: iLDdakA.jpg (768 KB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
iLDdakA.jpg
768 KB, 3024x4032
>>79268340
>throwing away your vote
This is only valid if voting in a contested state. If you live in Texas and know it's going to turn out solidly red, then there's no problem voting for a third party. You help strengthen that party's numbers nationally. For example, if Gary Johnson polls at 15% he'll be included in the national presidential debates. Trump is going to win Texas even if he pulls his dick out on TV, so voting for Johnson will help signal the need for election/party reform.
>>
>>79270601
i was voting in dc. Dc votes democratic no matter WHAT.
>>
>>79270427
how? If I am mentally ill and the only insurance is private and must be paid for and my family is dead what do i do?
>>
File: bodyguard2.jpg (167 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
bodyguard2.jpg
167 KB, 1280x960
>>79270813
I thought you were speaking of mentally handicapped children. Apologies.

You either get help through a private charity, or you invest in the same retirement plan I am already fully vested in.
>>
>>79270908
which private charity? The private charity pays for psychiatrists that cost 300$ an hour? Even medicaid barely pays for psychiatrists. Also, physical illness. How do I invest with no money?
>>
>>79270601
>You help strengthen that party's numbers nationally.
How is that a good thing?
Gary Johnson is an open borders liberal, all he will do is attack republicans
Texas has a lot of spics/illegals, how can you just say its an in the bag red state?
>>
>>79271098
This is the second time any critique of dismantling social welfare is just met with a straw men of "well private charities will magically pick up the slack!". No they won't. Before public social welfare people who were physically or mentally ill simply died younger and were sicker.
>>
>>79265293
From the sounds of it, you are still left but just that your views on politics have become more nuanced. Welcome to growing up faggot
>>
>>79271204
It irks me just as much when ultraconservatives say that magical invisible private hand charities will fix social ills when in the past BEFORE public social welfare they didn't just as much as when ultra liberals expect massively expanding every form of social welfare will fix all social ills.
>>
>>79271098
The private charities that will spring up as the need arises. Alternatively, my retirement plan.

>How do I invest with no money?
You can rent a gun for 20 bucks, and buy a bullet for 1. You can make that in an hour of begging, if its a good hour. If you're having a bad day, it would take about 6 hours.
>>
>>79271259
Its left but I'm definitely voting Trump and he's presented not only as right, but as far right when I am literally voting for him because I see him as nominally right and mostly a left-lite.
>>
>>79271301
when did that ever happen in the past? What is the incentive for them to do that?
>>
>>79271301
So if I can make 20 dollars in an hour of begging and I am ill and a doctor costs 200-300 a visit without insurance than I will need to beg well for 10 hours to afford 1 week of medical care.
>>
File: poverty rate.png (14 KB, 649x434) Image search: [Google]
poverty rate.png
14 KB, 649x434
>>79271204
Yeah, just like the straw man of leftists claiming more government will surely win the war on poverty, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
>>
>>79271313
well, see? Not everything is so simple as black or white and left or right. Like i said, welcome to growing up. I wish other /pol/fags are as nuanced as you
>>
>>79271370
I was talking about the gun, anon. I made that quite clear.
>>
>>79271328
Target ranges make money by letting you try out guns, so that you know you will be happy with your purchase.
>>
>>79271384
thats because we made a lot of money in WW2. Correlation does not imply causation. We made lots of money selling weapons in WW2 and then that money ran out in the 1970's.
>>
>>79271406
I guess but its really painful that everyone now from both sides hates me. Left thinks I am racist and a traitor to gays and jews alike for not supporting gun control or open borders, right thinks I am scum for supporting food stamps and universal health care.
>>
>>79271448
That sure is an interesting theory. Just like mine.
>>
>>79271438
I am not allowed to own a gun because of my mental illness.
>>
>>79271518
Good thing you are only renting one.
>>
>>79271503
>Caring this much about what people think of you
Come on,senpai. Who gives a fuck? Those people lack nuance in their worldview anyway
>>
>>79271507
So we didn't make money off of the lend-lease act and our faux neutrality for the beginning of WWi and WWII where we sold weapons to both sides? Weapons are a unique commodity because they have no price ceiling since if only one group can afford to make them and you need them to survive you pay as much as you can afford as there is no competition. Also, America was not bombed in WW2 and had a larger population so wasn't as affected by population losses of able young men (germany killed off most of its physicists in WW2 leading to a "lost generation").
>>
>>79271591
I think maybe its the jew genes? I just worry this empty love leaves us alone.
>>
>>79271701
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M07b2bv5Lyo
>>
>>79265293
>calls themselves former Leftist
>goes on to call themselves former Liberal
Pick one cunt, liberalism is centrist.
>>
>>79265293

Have you tried Anarchism?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rh9zii64eVMtfF5cwEKpx1QAKk9ZP4lDkGl4OSzXiSI/
>>
>>79271678
I'm not arguing any of that. What I'm arguing is that beginning these tendencies certainly helped other places become more competitive in comparison.

Listen, I can tell that you mean well, but you are arguing the morality that the government should be able to take a portion of your earnings under the threat of imprisonment for the sake of literal strangers. It's not a moral argument that you are going to win. As for the financial argument, you're arguing that the government knows how to spend your money better than you do, despite the fact that this is demonstrated false time after time.
>>
>>79271701
People want political polarization so they can form tribes to feel good about themselves. You just break the mold.
>>
>>79271153
He's far from perfect, and I don't agree with the open borders policy either, but from what I've seen in his interviews he seems like a pretty likable guy. He's a self-made millionaire and seems to be the only candidate (besides Sanders) who is acknowledging the failed drug war. He governed a border state for 8 years, I would like to think he at least has a decent understanding of the problem unlike Trump. You may be right that Texas will become a blue state but that's all the more reason for a spotlight to be shined on the problems with electing our president. 4 presidents who lost the popular vote is fucking ridiculous to me and it makes me pissed that so many people don't even know you can vote for a third party.

Also, a libertarian president would be able to work with both parties of congress (civil liberties, drug policy for dems; spending and reducing government size for repubs).
>>
>>79271888
I don't mind the people who break the mold. Their arguments just need to be coherent (which OP's are) and logical (which OP's aren't).
>>
>>79271847
Americans misuse the term "liberal" so much that it's spreading to other people. To them it's leftist liberals.

Funnily enough, their """liberals""" are the most authoritarian party in many ways
>>
File: 146276567461034.jpg (31 KB, 349x294) Image search: [Google]
146276567461034.jpg
31 KB, 349x294
>>79265293

>pic
>humanist "hating ANYONE is just madness XDDDD" quote

wtf I hate Aldous Huxley now
>>
File: hammer-and-sickle-27.png (39 KB, 2400x2388) Image search: [Google]
hammer-and-sickle-27.png
39 KB, 2400x2388
>Liberal
>Leftist
haha

Join us at leftypol, comrades
>>
>>79271847
I mean like that i was definitely a social democrat and now I'm somewhere in between a nationalist moderate right theocrat and a social democrat, didn't used to be this fascistic or nationalistic, was more anarchistic in the past.
>>
>>79271864
yeah i used to be anarchistic and it didn't get me where i wanted to be
>>
>>79265293
Everyone here is a fucking formal liberal. You're not special.
>>
>I'm not sure what to believe anymore. I don't support nazism and the political tests usually say I'm either slightly left or slightly right of center and I don't just want to be an apolitical centrist but I feel so deeply suspect of almost everyone at this point.

It's called picking the ideas you think are best

Trump and Bernie are both acceptable candidates to me because both of them share many ideas on what I think is good for the country
>>
File: growuphippie2.png (68 KB, 598x597) Image search: [Google]
growuphippie2.png
68 KB, 598x597
>>79265293
OP, enjoy your centrism while it lasts, you'll only drift right-wing once you grow up more and more. Left-wing causes in this century are infantile, childish causes.

I used to be left-wing on nearly every issue until I was travelling in the USA and a redneck dropped me off into a ghetto district full of blacks during early evening. Spent almost the whole night and really changed my entire worldview, opened my eyes to the very obvious racial differences we're supposed to ignore in polite company. Started browsing /pol/ and AmRen and similar places, read a lot, noticed that I really like Ronald Reagan and what he accomplished for the world, here I am shitposting with the rest of you.

I'm a full-blown White Nationalist today. Not with the lunatic fringe (ranting about jewish conspiracies that don't exist) but unapolegtically pro-white...
>>
>>79272195
Because in a world of other nations, it's a foolish ideal to hold. We don't need to be world police, but we do need a force capable of defending the populations from nations that seek to do us immediate and direct harm.
>>
>>79271882
i don't think the government is inherently moral or immoral. I think arguing either of those views is fallacious. The goal should be MAXIMIZING the morality of the government to serve the greatest good too the greatest number of people. My philohero is Bentham. I don't really disagree with him on anything.
>>
File: welcome to pol.png (101 KB, 1617x477) Image search: [Google]
welcome to pol.png
101 KB, 1617x477
>>79265293
>Anyone here a former liberal?
We're all "former liberals" around here mate.
>>
File: logs.jpg (145 KB, 464x259) Image search: [Google]
logs.jpg
145 KB, 464x259
>>79271888
But dividing us only conquers us. Why divide when we can accomplish more together. Unity =/= fascism.
>>
>>79271995
so how could i refine my points to be logical. Keep in mind I have to argue FAST against about like 5 different people on 5 different topics.
>>
>>79272008
I agree with that sentiment though I just didn't realize that as a kid; that was actually my original point.
>>
>>79265293
>he had no policy ideas that were novel
>imblying Obamneycare hasn't fucked people in the ass

Upper middle class liberal scum detected who never deals with real problems.
>>
>>79272228
I mean I'm not far to the right now, just more nationalist, mainly. I don't fit with either accepted paradigm of left or right completely and I feel left out.
>>
>>79272236
Oh yeah no, if Trump ran as pres with Bernie as VP and they agreed to compromise as a show of strength against Hillary that would be the literally best option for me and I think they would win in a huge landslide. People let their egos get in the way. As a Neet, even if I have an ego, its irrelevant as I have no actual power.
>>
>>79269521
>>79269581
im talking only about economics here
no culture involved

what do you guys mean they would pay more, no one wants to ever pay more, every employer wants to pay as little as possible while the employee wants as much pay as possible

just because there are no illegals in the country that doesnt mean you want to pay more. is some high school drop out really worth paying the minimum wage? what if its too much, you cant afford paying some native dude the minimum wage, you would rather employ some mexican for half of it to save money

at least there was one job created now.

he doesnt get welfare. cant get obamacare. he still pays taxes on every product he buys, just the tax from his paycheck is missing which is fine i guess

the only weapon an illegal has to get a job is to undercut the native workforce

as soon as you make him legal he gets all welfare benefits and he can just chill on his ass

which i dont judge him for it, there shouldnt be a welfare state like this in the first place
>>
>>79272247
I think a lot of the stuff in the right column is straw men. I do think leftist authoritarianism has become excessive because what was liberating and radical in the 1960's is now oppressive but its not as black and white as that chart as I don't think liberals are as into the positions on the right column as they are on the one on the left.
>>
Former liberal, then former paulfag, now former drumpfkin polfag. Normies gotta ruin everything.
>>
>>79272371
well it wasn't novel, ACA was based on ideas that were around since the 90's repackaged as somehow leftist to give a law that essentially reaffirmed the power of the insurance company lobby and the power of special interests over the actual medical needs of americans and the need to change our health policies to reflect changing demographics.
>>
>>79272336
I can understand that. But even when it was just you and me earlier in the thread, you weren't being logical.

I honestly think you are trying your absolute hardest to be a moral person, which I can appreciate. But you take your values at face value (such as giving each person 300/month for food), without reading into what that would actually entail in order to achieve.

Another such example is the thought of universal health care. Yes, it would be nice if everyone could be taken care of, both physically and mentally. But you fail to understand exactly what that would require. From the people, from the government, and from health care professionals. You also fail to understand what effects this can have on research being done in a country that implements it. Also, what happens if it fails? Canada's failed, so they opened up private markets for the rich, and the not-rich can't afford it, get shit treatment, while the rich get superior treatment (thus defeating the point).
>>
>>79272493
I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for something that is more assured long term. We could not pay to maintain our nuclear arsenal, it would save money, but would be TERRIBLE long term policy.

I also think the US should have VAT not sales tax and that is one area Europe is right about.
>>
>>79265293
Yeah I used to be a hardcore leftist. I really believed in the cause. I thought that the left was really doing the right thing in "helping" the poor and trying to equalize all races. But for awhile now my eyes have been open, and I've seen the socialist bullshit for what it is. Races never will be (and shouldn't be) equal, and the poor can be helped in other ways than by ripping off the rest of the nation. There is no excuse for leftism anymore, because we've all seen (though leftists don't want to acknowledge) the damage done by mudslimes and overbearing government.
>>
>100 posts
>70 of them are by OP
holy shit
>>
>>79272705
Well I believe the best policies come from consensus, that is one person says lets do X (insert far left policy) and the other says lets do Y (insert far right policy) and they meet in the middle but the problem is ideas in a vacuum (Islam great example) and stalemates (Obama vs Congress). I am too idealist but I am not illogical.

I support a two tiered system of basic universal healthcare and private optional healthcare to provide extras that are not deemed basic to support life. Long lifespans = good for country.
>>
>>79272740
I think poor can be helped, but its a minimum level of support, not a level to make them equal to rich. Its a balance and people are too quick to either say poor need to be equal to the rich or that poor are deservedly poor a la John Calvin.
>>
>>79272772
I was captain of my parliamentary debate team in high school for a reason brexfriend. I just need to get some feels off my chest.
>>
>>79265293

Former moderate leftist here. About 8-10 years ago I even used to support same-sex marriage. I considered myself liberal and I was proud of it.

Forgive me.
>>
>>79272738
i cant comment on VAT and sales tax really but reading up on it right now

as i understood it, if you buy a TV and tell the reseller you intend this TV as capital good then you dont pay the sales tax?!

so i can just claim that and still go home and use it as my everyday TV? what the fuck
>>
>>79272293
>Being this naive
>mfw I still want to believe in that
Pffft. It excites them to envision themselves as a hero fighting against the racists/fascists/feminists/liberals. Take that away and they will be left with their insignificant and boring little lives.
>>
>>79272868
>I believe the best policies come from consensus.
I don't. I believe the best policies are the ones that work. For example, if both Democrats and Republicans were against any border control, just because there was a consensus doesn't mean it's a solution to a very real problem.

Publicly owned healthcare doesn't work. This is why Britain (the most successful implementation of it) has to retweak it constantly, because they can't just look at it and say, "It's not working, we're going broke."

Not to mention the government (particularly the US government) is a far cry from efficient. Remember the US Postal Service, before Fed Ex came into being and brought competition? There was no overnight shipping, no 2-day shipping, not even tracking numbers. It got there when it got there, you hoped. Then Fed Ex entered, and the competition made both of them great. You want to imagine nationalized healthcare in the US, think the Postal Service before Fed Ex, and add cancer.
>>
>>79272969
You know you can embed several replies in one post here on the chans
>>
>>79273186
>Publicly owned healthcare doesn't work.
Mine does
>>
>>79273395
how long is it sustainable, how modern and equipped are your hospitals, how much time can a doctor take to look at you, or does he have to look at as many patients possible, how long do you have to wait to get an appointment?

yes people laugh at the US healthcare system, yet if some president of some backwards country has an issue, they all come to the experts that are all in the US
>>
>>79273008
What is wrong with same sex marriage? I am less concerned with same sex marriage and more concerned with being treated as s second class citizen, having violence or being screamed at in public for just being gay even if i dress normally and being fired from a job or discriminated in a school or something just for being gay.
>>
>>79273026
Basically as far as I get it VAT tends to less disproportionately affect the poor whereas sales tax, added at time of purchase, not before mainly only affects poor people who couldn't afford to buy the good unless they didn't have the sales tax on the. US is weird since some states have no sales tax and some do, I've lived in both and living in a no sales tax state was comfy.
>>
>>79273075
I really would have expected SE Asia to be shittier but the best comments I've seen in this threads have been from Australia, Malaysia and Singapore in terms of expressing a rational response to what I say rather than name-calling or knee jerk reactionary-ism.
>>
>>79273574
Overall pretty good. I won't proclaim it is the best but it definitely works.

>yet if some president of some backwards country has an issue, they all come to the experts that are all in the US
That don't make sense, people laugh at US healthcare system for screwing over the poor, so why the fact that rich people going to the US for treatment undermine that point. Btw, some people come here to get treated though
>>
>>79273186
Well yes, the ones that work, but consensus can be forced and I think when policies don't work it is indicative that two opposing sides never compromised in the first place. Compromise would be repealing 1960's immigration laws but agreeing not to build a wall, for example.
>>
>>79273312
Yes but it bumps the thread more for me not to
>>
>>79273395
you live in a monoculture city state that is easy to control through.
>>
>>79273574
Well we have less access to primary care but for those with money we have better specialty care than any other country.
>>
>>79273775
take a look at John Stossel - healthcare on youtube
>>
>>79273395
Yeah, and you are just a huge contributor to research, huh?

>>79273785
>Never compromised in the first place.
Of course. There was no compromise necessary, to my knowledge, that people should need a license to drive, or that the Social Security Offices should be run by publicly employed people, but both are horrible models of efficiency. Anyone who goes to either can confirm that if these offices were privately owned, nobody would ever shop there.
>>
>>79273677
no wonder why your fucking pc hardware is dirt cheap, how the fuck can you not tax every single purchase, holy shit this is ground breaking oh god what the fuck
>>
File: research paper map.png (193 KB, 870x656) Image search: [Google]
research paper map.png
193 KB, 870x656
>>79273395
Put up the wrong pic. Sorry. Here's the right one.
>>
>>79273804
You'll just kill the thread faster that way
>>
>>79273804
There's a bump limit, anon. Once you hit like 300 posts, it starts sliding.
>>
>>79273952
compromise is always needed unless you live in a monoculture where everyone is exactly the same. See: The Giver. See: Hitler.
>>
>>79273894
That doesn't answer my question. You shilling me bro?
>Just coz this system is (maybe) good means others aren't

>>79273816
But it is still based off on NHS, just that employees and employers also pay for the medical bills
>>
>>79273967
thats just that we have lower taxes, no matter the style of them, i think, I'm no economist...
>>
>>79274068
Not dead so far cuckbro.
>>
>>79274104
yeah but getting to 300 posts is an achievement and I can always start a cont'd thread.
>>
>>79274172
Except that I just gave you two instances where compromise wasn't necessary.

Doesn't seem like the 1st or 2nd Amendment saw much compromise when it was written, either.
>>
>>79274001
>>79273952
>Expecting a 6 million population to be a huge contributor in anything
Your picture shows that we are doing well bang for buck
>>
>>79274001
Russia, get your shit together m8
>>
>>79273677
It's comfy because states without sales tax need to get the money another way. Some fair, like toll roads (where the people who use the roads pay for the roads), others not (like property tax, which disproportionately effects the middle class and poor, as it causes rental rates to rise in order to increase the profit margin, which also causes demand to fall).
>>
>>79274339
Then import more people, and get even more research done. Then you can talk.
>>
>>79265293

You're progressive right.

Just stick around this board for a while. It'll straighten you out.

Obama was/is a con man. Hillary is just as bad though.

Don't automatically assume nationalism = nazism. Thats a meme. I love my country. I love the constitution, I get physically sick watching illegal aliens or 17 year old pan-sexuals burn the American flag.

Something to keep in mind is that the left have become regressive. They have enjoyed such a strong grip on all aspects of american culture since the 1960's that in its present form the left is redundant, lazy, narcissistic, and if we are being honest, scared to death that the reality they have constructed/relied on their whole lives, might not actually be real.

Well its not.

Whats real is our constitution. Our hard fought freedom. Our collective struggle as a nation. Maintaining all we hold most important.

Look... the left bankrupt everything. They bankrupt the moral fiber of a country/society. They bankrupt it economically. (the top tax bracket is now just under 50% and the poor are no better for it) They exploit sentimentality, drive racial division, and again if we are being honest, they have build a movement in this country based on the premise that if you are white, a male, religious. That you are inherently evil. That you deserve to be actively discriminated against. They are hypocrites.
>>
>>79274543
>importing more people
>In a country with the highest population density
Fuck off we are literally full
>>
>>79274627
Great, you're full and you don't contribute much. My point stands.
>>
>>79274496
my impression was that they jack up state income tax. Best situation is oregon washington where people live in washington suburbs of oregon such as Vancouver and work and spend money in portland where there is no sales tax.
>>
I used to be a commie
>>
>>79274569
What does progressive right mean? Can you give me some examples of who represents that either historically or now? I agree with all that you said. Like I said earlier, what was liberating in the 1960's is now oppressive. I think people took advantage of all the money we made in WW2 and the worst part was kids (baby boomers) who benefited from WW1 and WW2 but made none of the money themselves nor fought in the wars and became beyond decadent.
>>
>>79274186
im german and we have socialist healthcare system

i am bound by law to have a healthcare plan, there is no way in germany to have none, i am forced to pay 130€ monthly for it, and i cant get out of it even if i want to

we spent more and more money on healthcare every year, and its fine in germany, yet. but this system is not sustainable , why?

lets take a childrens doctor. he gets paid 33€ for each kid he treats. but only once per quarter year. if the same kid shows up 20 times in one quarter year, the doc wont get any more money yet he has to spent his time and equipment on this kid. additionally to that the nurse has to be paid, the whole clinic, electricity and so on

so that means, the doctor has an incentive to treat as many patients as he can in the shortest amount of time.

which makes you feel shitty does it not? the doc treats you just like any other patient, and we all agree healthcare is such an important thing

also since healthcare is free, you can just go as many times as you want, oh you fell and got a bloody knee? go to the doc and create immense costs on every tax payer. oh you have a cold? go to the doc and create immense costs on the tax payer

its free! it costs nothing! lets just use it as many times as i want, wooo who cares
>>
File: 1467283567598.png (190 KB, 870x656) Image search: [Google]
1467283567598.png
190 KB, 870x656
>>79274001
>>79274001
>>
File: freud-in-30s-audio-and-video.jpg (1 MB, 2957x2153) Image search: [Google]
freud-in-30s-audio-and-video.jpg
1 MB, 2957x2153
>>79265293
You are not former liberal. You just disappointed in your old sect and try to find a new one. But there is no cult on the right. Nobody will pat your you for making the right(-side-of-history) choice. And nobody will force you to submit the sect rules.

Althoug, I`ll strongly advise you to build local 2nd amendment militia club. So in case of nignogs and laratza coming to kill you, you will have some people to call.
>>
>>79274569
I guess to refine my point I fear that the youth have forgotten how terrible war is. Its a huge gamble, if you win you get power and money you could only dream about before but at an enormous cost, and if you lose, well that's it.

My us history teacher, who was a very smart man, used to say that America is a nation with ADD.

The dust is finally settling from WW2 and the "postmodern" period and the youth are eager for a new era and as a result are creating socially constructed divisive narratives, sides, to try to angle for power for various different subgroups and the only endpoint of that is another war or a complete change in culture.

>>79275186

I am former liberal. I support 2nd amendment but not enough to join a militia. Especially as I myself am not personally allowed to own guns, but I support the rights of others to do so. Its less that I want guns myself and more that I see gun control as endemic of fascism being presented as freedom.
>>
>>79267722
Yes. Freedom includes the freedom to fail, not endless safety nets that allow people to perpetually fuck up and squander their usefullness knowing there will always be something/someone there to bail them out.

This sounds cruel, I admit it and I don't care. People that have real mental/physical disorders/handicaps are exempt from this.
>>
>>79275325
>People that have real mental/physical disorders/handicaps are exempt from this.

Gonna expand on this. I work in IT for a small business and I always take spare junk computers to a local place called skills that hires down syndrome people. Even they can take apart computers for scrap and earn a paycheck. The bad thing about this program is that they can only work so many hours because once they reach a certain income level they start losing state benefits and actually make less working. It's shit like this that makes no sense and needs reworked.
>>
>>79275325
well most don't admit it they make up bullshit about magical private charities that will step in to pick up all the slack (they won't). As much as sometimes we can't save everyone, the opposite holds true that there is no value in abandoning everyone so we can conserve every last shekel, and I say this as a religious jew.
>>
>>79275859
I dunno. My wife got therapy for $15 per week back when I was poor, and her mental medicine was free from the hospital. For the first couple of months, they gave her free samples while submitting paperwork so that the pharma company would give it to her for free, which she qualified for.

That was in 2011. Don't know what it's like now that Obamacare is in full swing.
>>
>>79274869

Progressive right is...

Free speech, Personal liberty, the 2nd amendment, Race realism, Gender realism.

But generally leans center of left on several social issues.

Gays are born gay, Women pay taxes equally and as such should be afforded the same rights as men. Things like abortion or the death penalty are up for grabs.

progressive right meaning stepping away from legislating the conservative religious agenda.

Actually Milo isn't a bad example. Even Gavin, or Lauren. Or Molyneux.

Actually some of the best conservatives are Ex-Liberals because they have gone 180 degrees and understand how the other side thinks. Additionally they bring a higher degree of skepticism to their new stance because they had to literally go through the process of deconstructing most of what they believe.

If the right could back off of some social issues. It could be a much stronger movement in the US. You have to pick your battles... Do you want gay people to not be able to buy a cake somewhere or do you want the gov to take away the 2nd amendment? You don't compromise, and you wind up becoming stale and less relevant.

thankfully the left has finally become stale and less relevant. The the pendulum is swinging right.
>>
>>79276055
you get medicaid and it technically covers psychiatrists but most don't take medicaid or even private insurance, like you bill insurance for it yourself, the doctor doesn't since most psychiatrists (good ones) work in private practice and don't have office assistants to do billing for them. A psychiatrist, not a therapist, will cost 200-300 dollars a visit without insurance and you will have to see them 1x a month, 1x a week if you are unstable or severe. And medicines will run you another few hundred a month or more since psychiatrists generally prescribe you newer, on patent meds rather than cheaper old generics.
>>
>>79274709
I hope u know in the real map, Singapore is too small to be visible and in that distorted map, we are

>>79274879
>Wanting to shill about something when I wanted to know the disconnect about that particular line
>Nein.jpg
>>
>>79276339
No. No medicaid. I know because there was it was a private facility that explicitly stated that they wouldn't take medicaid or medicare.
>>
>>79276295
>progressive right meaning stepping away from legislating the conservative religious agenda.
How is that different from Goldwater Republicans?
>>
>>79275859
I largely agree with you. I am critical of creating a culture of dependency on government, but at this point it seems too late. Those truly need help should temporarily get it until they are back on their feet and then be expected to practice self-reliance.
>>
File: 1467267724580.jpg (28 KB, 560x247) Image search: [Google]
1467267724580.jpg
28 KB, 560x247
>>79265293
>voting for a man who wants to expand government spying programs
>right wing

Kek.
>>
>>79276295
i fear it swinging too far to the right (i.e. gays losing rights to marriage, abortion being made illegal) but in other ways i fear it swinging too far to the left (more affirmative action, more gun control, more open borders)
>>
>>79276429
thats not a long term solution, no private facility will treat you for years if you have a chronic condition like Major Depressive Disorder or Schizophrenia that is so disabling you cannot work and you do not have family who can pay for you (which is especially true for older people with mental illness).
>>
>>79276453
Well I fear a culture of dependence but I also believe in basic social welfare, that the government should give you basic medical care, food and housing if you are too mentally or physically ill to get it but thats not an excuse to import minorities or immigrants to rely on said systems, which is the real problem.
>>
>>79277122
Sure there are. Just go and rob a federal bank. You'll get years of care for free, and many facilities are privately owned.
>>
>>79277012
Freedom of choice/sexuality/marriage etc is literally right wing.
>>
>>79275323

The Gay/gender is over subgroup will never win. They are too small. They can't breed and make more gays.

Blacks have basically free housing, affirmative action, get free money and still suck as a group statistically. I'm sorry but its true. And its not a white on black issue. Ask asians what the think of blacks. Ask Arabs, Ask any race. Without the IQ points and the added culture of stupidity..."reading is for white people", "being articulate and well spoken" is for white people etc. Basically "being smart is stupid" They don't have a chance except for numbers. If blacks win on numbers society will fall apart. They have never been able to stewart even a moderately successful society.

The race equality meme is the biggest hurdle a former lefty needs to get over. Equality under the law sure. But natural equality. No.

Yes... millennials are weak, self absorbed, shallow, born and raised to be apex consumers and generally disappointing. They were raised soft.

There will be no time for them to update their Facebook status if they are busy fighting the chinese or the russians. Their will be no time to update their sexual identity on tumblr. And it will probably be a good thing.
>>
>>79265293

Anybody got that screencap talking about lefties getting redpilled ?

>pic related
>>
>>79276449

You mean compassionate conservatism?

Well its a bit updated I guess. The concept is simple. in the same ballpark I suppose.
>>
>>79277275
yeah but you get the lowest level of care they can legally give you. and if you do anything wrong, even minor, they can throw you in a literal hole by yourself with no human contact and nutraloaf to eat for years at a time.
>>79277388
yes but gays are like jews, we are higher iq and higher income than straights and so we are disproportionately represented in positions of power (see milo).
>>
>>79277388

>They have never been able to stewart even a moderately successful society.

Steward*

I keked at myself.
>>
>>79277620

>yes but gays are like jews, we are higher iq and higher income

So wrong. So So So wrong.

Gays as a group don't subscribe to one racial category. Race defines intelligence.... not where you put your penis.

And clearly your comment is proof of that.
>>
File: 1431843246109.png (195 KB, 1638x1912) Image search: [Google]
1431843246109.png
195 KB, 1638x1912
>>79274543
>import more people, and get even more research done
>flooding your country with foreign mystery meat is somehow better than maintaining a stable population
This is what cuckolds actually believe
>>
>>79265293
I'm similar I guess. I was a typical edgy teenager who played punk and metal guitar and worshipped anything counter-culture. Then I grew up and started paying taxes and cringe when I think about what an idiotic faggot I was.

I'm still playing punk and metal though. That will never change.
>>
>>79277975
no but there is plenty of science that on avg , at least in the us that gay males have higher incomes and iqs than heteros.
t. genius iq gay person
>>
File: yeahok.jpg (56 KB, 374x555) Image search: [Google]
yeahok.jpg
56 KB, 374x555
>>79278245

Think about this argument. Honestly.

Not 10's of thousands of years of evolution guiding intelligence. But who you fuck?

So had Milo (who's not a fucking genius) been born without the need to sub to black men, he would statistically have a higher IQ.

???
>>
>>79278679

Lower IQ*

Getting sloppy here.
>>
>>79278679
Well no the higher IQ is irrespective of gays racial preferences. I mean I'm a weird example, I'm a gay and a jew and I have a super genius IQ. I would never date a black person but I don't think that relates to my iq.
>>
>>79265293
Op is full of shit, that's not how debate teams work. You're assigned a side.
>>
>>79265293

I used to consider myself a rightie but I'm having the same concerns.

Every week the Republicans invent some new reason for me to terrified.

SJWs? Gays getting married? Abortions? None of that bothers me.

Christians Muslims and Jews? All the Abrahamic religions are an endless sea of violence.

Communism? Give me a break. That's such a desperate line I feel sorry for the idiots who still fall for it.

Gun confiscation? Another idiotic strawman. We don't need assault weapons and even if we had them, we couldn't over throw the government with them.

And then there's all those ridiculous conspiracy theories (Fluoride in water, FEMA camps, Chem Trails, etc.) that the right seems to fall for, but the left seems to dismiss.

The reason I can't vote for Trump is he's repeating some of these crazy lies. Cruz's Dad helped assassinate Kennedy? Obama was born in Kenya? Hillary murder Vince Foster?

America needs change, yes, but it deserves better than some easily-misled buffoon.
>>
File: enough.jpg (55 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
55 KB, 306x306
>>79279187
>I would never date a black person but I don't think that relates to my iq.

How could you have super "genius" level IQ and contradict yourself so throughly?

take black person out of your statement and relate your comment back to the initial point you made.

You're basically saying that who you date doesn't relate to your IQ.

Welp thats exactly the point I made.
>>
File: hurrdurrlibtards.png (91 KB, 1231x475) Image search: [Google]
hurrdurrlibtards.png
91 KB, 1231x475
>>
>>79279187

Additionally a poll of gays vs straights on income or IQ isn't science. Its a fucking poll.

Show me ONE scientifically grounded study that says if you are a man who smokes cock then you are statistically smarter then a man who doesn't.

I feel like I'm debating a Canadian right now.

Listen jew-fag. If you have a high IQ it has everything to do with you being a jew. But there are only 16 million jews in the world. So on numbers goyim have more IQ points. Meaning our portion of high IQ goyim easily eclipse the IQ dominance of 16 million jews.
>>
>>79276295
>The the pendulum is swinging right.
Really? On the social issues, the American people are definitely moving left.

Gays can marry now, the state anti-abortion and voting restriction laws are being overturned, marijuana is being legalized, we want our online data private, we want money out of politics, we want human rights respected, etc.

The tea party was the rightward movement and it's completely out of gas now. My feeling is the majority of Americans are going to reject whoever the KKK is endorsing.
>>
>>79279401
i was the one assigning sides tho cuz i was the captain. Also we let people pick sides usually and they did it based on who their friends were rather than politics. It was informal, not like tourneys. Its more fun being opposition but harder so it just depended on how hard u felt like arguing.
>>
>>79280482
well I'm not as sure on iq but gays do have provably higher avg incomes than str8s. I dunno if it applies to lezzies but gay men for sure.
>>
>>79265293
Holy fucking shit dude this isn't your blog
Yes ok?
Most people on /pol/ were edgy liberal faggots until they left their teens. That's how it goes for most people
Age+responsibility+actual contact with the real world= reevaluating your political and social ideology
>>
>>79280613

>Gays can marry now, the state anti-abortion and voting restriction laws are being overturned, marijuana is being legalized,we want our online data private, we want money out of politics, we want human rights respected, etc.

Most of these are universal issues not left leaning issues.

The tea party was a small gov/less taxes movement.

I don't see occupy wall st around. BLM won't be around in another year.

The pendulum swing is very recent. It can be measured in small increments. Brexit, popular support for trump, Liberal media websites all getting rid of their comments sections. Anti-globalist sentiment, the breakdown of race relations.
>>
>>79281037

Pretty much This.

I mean I don't know why the fuck I'm bothering to argue with someone who claims they are a genius and then tells me the amount of dicks that go up his ass scientifically make him smarter.

Time to get the fuck off /pol/ for the day.
>>
>>79281579
occupy wall st got replaced by all this BLM/white privilege stuff though, and the trans rights movement which somehow wasn't a thing until after occupy movement failed is now daily media coverage.

>>79281848
ur just as bad as the left if ur fee fees getting hurt by who i fuck gets u so triggered.
Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.