[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Learning Russian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 540x405
Can /pol/ give me any tips on learning Russian? I'm a complete beginner who knows absolutely nothing.
>>
>>79041140
http://www.rosettastone.com/

Usually we go to university to take 2-3 courses along with visiting the country. Rosetta stone is relatively quick and used by diplomats (costly however.)
>>
Duolingo has some nice online courses. Удaчи!
>>
File: 1464662514763.png (437 KB, 785x1031) Image search: [Google]
1464662514763.png
437 KB, 785x1031
>>79041426
Don't use Rosetta stone, this faggot doesn't know what he's talking about. Buy these resources:
A Russian Grammar Workbook
Penguin New Russian Course
Assimil Russian

Start with assimil, don't move on until you remember each lesson and its contents. Don't bother with grammar as the penguin books is superior for learning it, follow up with relevant material by practicing with the grammar workbook. Keep engaging in the language, watch films, listen to Russian music, absorb media and find a Russian speaker to engage with (the only way to actually learn it). Also, use doulingo for random practice throughout the day, it also wouldn't hurt to use memerise everyday for basic vocab
>>
>>79042685
>>79041426
Adding to these, once you've got a bare-bones understanding, try surrounding yourself in Russian by changing the language of your browser, visit Russian websites, Russian Wikipedia, etc.
You can even can try shitposting on dvach

t.FSB sleeper agent
>>
>>79041140
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je9-3CjXWOI

This is all you really need to know.
>>
>>79043264
My experience with memrise has been awful. Especially with prepositions, the definitions of common words are either too broad or straight up wrong in many contexts.
>>
This is very time-consuming and you shouldn't expect to be fluent speaker with almost no accent.Most people that didn't learn russian from childhood can only reach like b2 lvl.
>>
>>79041426
>http://www.rosettastone.com/
lol

don't use this
>>
>>79041140
Bump I also wanna learn Russian. If possible without payment
>>
>>79041140
Cyka blyat means hello.
>>
>>79041140
Duolingo bro. Shits free.
>>
Once you know a little, start talking to yourself in Russian. Translate random stuff you see or want to be able to say into Russian. You might feel like an autist but it's a great way to keep those neural pathways constantly firing instead of just exercising them in one big 45 minute block a day or whatever.
>>
>>79041140
Don't waste your time. It's too difficult for English speaker, you have to memorize a lot of word cases and shit.
>>
>>79043264
>>79043871

Have only heard good things about Rosetta. What's innately wrong with the program?
>>
>>79044204
I don't think Duolingo has Russian
>>
File: 1464182403185.png (390 KB, 402x387) Image search: [Google]
1464182403185.png
390 KB, 402x387
Tfw you're fluent in russian
>>
>>79041140
Just stick a potato in your mouth and slur all your words like a drunk, you'll be fine.
>>
>>79044831
Oh yeah cunt? WodkaVodka IvanBvan Staindindu Nyet

HAHA NON RUSSIAN SPEAKING FAGS BTFO
>>
>>79044831
A HE ПN3ДNШЬ?
>>
>>79045000
Я coглaceн c aвcтpaлoфaггoтoм
>>
>>79045141
He пизжy
>>
File: yoba2.jpg (169 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
yoba2.jpg
169 KB, 1280x853
>>79041140
sure thing buddy

if youre a poorfag download thie free phone app called memerise and download as many russian classes as you want, also pirate rosetta stone (assuming you have a decent comp and mic and everything) and do a mixture of that for atleast 3 hours a day, ideally longer if you have time to waste. also get russian penpals on skype (very easy to find here), go to 2ch "DVACH" and post there, find some russian tv shows on youtube (i like pust govoryat, bolshaya roznitsya) other gay shit.

also if you arent socially awkward try and actually converse with your voice with other russians on the internet, this is essential to honing your craft.

you must use it everyday, it helps to label things around the house with russian notes so you get familiar with it

before you learn grammar you must master pronunciation first, focus on it before anything else no matter how long it takes, then learn how to apply grammar

also it takes like two days at MAX to learn the whole cyrillic alphabet fluently.

so go for it champ, i found it to be a pretty fun experience
>>
>>79041140

Alot harder to learn than spanish, italian or french. I think the only way to learn more than the basics is pretty much full immersion for a year or two. Russian TV shows, youtube clips, newspapers, books, more or less a full time job.
>>
File: oZb9ikD.jpg (621 KB, 1024x1212) Image search: [Google]
oZb9ikD.jpg
621 KB, 1024x1212
I come from the land of /int/ we have dealt with your problems and prepared a wonderful guide please refer this link to learn about Russian.

4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/Russian

Always remember to praise Kek the original /int/ meme.
>>
ДOШHЛOAД TЧE ПЧOHETИЦ PУCCИAH КEЫБOAPД> ИT ШИЛЛ MAКE TЫПИHГ ИH PУCCИAH CO MУЦЧ EACИEP> ДO ИT ФAГГOT
>>
>>79044551
Weeb cashgrab
>>
>>79044551
It's fine as long you supplement it with other things. It advertises itself as some 'all-in one' super course, but in actuality it cannot deliver on that promise. You can use it to learn some vocab in the beginning and get familiar with the alphabet, but you must get a grammar book, and a real person of the target language that you can speak to if you want to make real progress.

source: I am intermediate level korean, lived in korea for over a year. Used rosetta stone in the beginning, but had to supplement it in order to make real progress in the language.
>>
>>79045200
>not He пизджy
non-native speaker detected

seriously though, if you don't have immersion you can't hope to be fluent, so start by getting a russian gf or something
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.