[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pol/ have you ever had actual run-ins with the actual Mob?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: mob.jpg (12 KB, 236x233) Image search: [Google]
mob.jpg
12 KB, 236x233
/pol/ have you ever had actual run-ins with the actual Mob?

Are they a boogey-man? Do they even exist?
>>
in the old days if you were an Italian in the US either somebody in your family was in or you knew somebody who was, now all of a sudden everyone is so scared of admitting it though because muh stereotypes
>>
>>79139643
Yes they exist, no they arent boogey-men, and mostly they are "legit" business people these days. Its not like how it used to be.
Their Old World model of business didnt work as well here in the US where more people are armed, and different layers of government (and government agencies) are more difficult to all corrupt.
You can undermine city civil integrity, and then find yourself getting fucked by feds, and even if you somehow manage to avoid even that, its only a matter of time until locals get sick of your shit and shoot up your restaurant.

In Italy, its a whole other ball of wax. My understanding is that they are still active and run things in some towns. Frankly, they sound more like street gangsters with city contacts than anything else, though.
>>
>>79139643
Forget about it.
>>
Do Union workers count?
>>
>>79139643
The mob runs Las Vegas
>>
Do the Triads count?
>>
>>79139972
Good point, this is basically what they've become. I hear all the time about Unions and Teamsters here in Boston.
>>
Made man here AMA
>>
>>79139643

The mob-mob (criminal mobsters of Italian origin) don't really exist in the U.S. anymore.

Their last few operations went south in the 90s and they basically all either went legit or died or went back to Italy.

My grandfather had the mob help him get over here in the 60s, and in return he owed them a favor. By the time they called it in, in the 70s, they were weak and had no support. Basically, they just wanted to store some stuff on his property. Probably drugs they were running through. He threatened the two guys with a gun and they left and never came back. No retaliation, no nothing. It's been 40 years and he's senile. I doubt anyone out there even knows he owes them.
>>
>>79139643
Yes, I use to work for Rick's Auto Wrecking, and Rick's strip Club, both mob operations (past tense) in Seattle. Ask me anything.
>>
>>79140259
>Weak and had no support in the 70's

That is not true at all.
>>
>>79140280
Did you know of any deaths? Were they fronts? What were the real sources of income?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (23 KB, 476x360) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
23 KB, 476x360
Not me but my father was doing his residency at hospital when John Gotti's daughter gave birth. He said the doctors were instructed by the administration to not directly acknowledge any of the mafia members standing in the lobby and the whole place basically shut down. John posted guards outside without outright acknowledging they were guards. Just 8 guys standing out under the overhang with suspiciously large coats.

My dad had to walk through the room they all were in and he said he could feel the eyes track his movement.
>>
Yakuza yes.
Polish mafia yes.
My grandfather and great grandfather were mafia, so yes.
>>
>>79139972
>>79140180
someone explain the mob-union connection
>>
>>79140383

The branch that helped my grandfather over was. He just sorta lucked out, I guess. Anyone who would call the minor favor in either wasn't able or willing. The guys who tried to probably would rather go for easier fish than put up with a headache.
>>
>>79140259
Refuse to pay back the favour.

Probably the smart thing to do really. Every job is the one last job.
>>
I think the mafia either built Disney Land or still collects rent from some of the land its on. Its hiding as legit business here and there.
>>
I think I ran into an aryan brotherhood guy at a drug house. He was talking about speckle trout or something seemed like some sort of code.
>>
>>79140675
It's the same kind of family-run thuggery. Basically stuff like "you're going to hire X number of our guys (teamsters) and pay them X amount of dollars or unfortunate things are going to happen to you and your worksite"

classic racketeering
>>
File: 1457033641808.jpg (62 KB, 597x548) Image search: [Google]
1457033641808.jpg
62 KB, 597x548
>>79140675

Basically all of the construction of the buildings that went up in Manhattan in the 70s and 80s was overseen by the kind of people from Goodfellas.
>>
>>79139643
Every union and org that deals with money and land will always One Day turn into a mob
Money and land are the most powerful resources You can have
>>
When working at walmart, I had a co worker who claimed his grandfather was in the Mafia down on the Tex/Mex border, smuggling drugs and whatnot. He retired a long time ago. I saw him once, very flashy dresser, Had to be in his mid to late 80's with a white suit and a fedora, not shitting you. He tipped the cart pusher $200 because he was "doing hard work and deserves more' the kid was almost afraid to take the money. So, I was within 10 ft of a mobster. Or a pimp.
>>
I'm Italian American,my parents have lots of friends in Italy that are in the Mob,they do little to nothing.All they do is sit around in bars and drink.
>>
>>79140876
>>79140953
Is it private businesses getting forced to hire people represented by a union? I don't fully understand how these things work.
>>
>>79140675
>79140675
Mafia established many of the unions in certain industries a loooong time ago and could make them strike virtually at any time which forced a lot of industries to pay a "tax" to mafia or flat out hand over control
>>
>>79140675
Mafias are redundant ruling classes. They produce nothing and live by "taxing" as it were. They infiltrate existing businesses and "tax" along the lines of the fuck you pay me sequence in Goodfellas. The unions were among the businesses they targeted.
>>
>>79140243
Anything?
>>
>>79140243
Do you know Tony soprano?
>>
>>79140737
What city if you don't mind me asking? The commission trial wasn't until 1985 and even after that the NY mafia did alright
>>
>>79140259

not true, there was a big bust around 2010
>>
>>79141004
Thats actually pretty cool of him.
>tfw tipping out of generosity and appreciation for hardword is going to die out soon
>>
>>79141024
Great example is Movie production in Boston. There is a union that forces film crews to hire teamsters, and then you've got union thugs watching movie sets.

Here's a really interesting story from This American Life about an FBI sting in this exact kind of situation, I highly recommend listening.

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/244/macgyver?act=3#play
>>
Fuck, all my information on the Jewish mafia is on my PC at home.

That said the Jewish mafia is the most powerful in the world. There is a reason why Hollywood promotes the idea of the mafia being Sicilian.
>>
>>79140807

I had a friend who visited Melbourne a few years ago. Apparently the Italian restaurant they ate at the night before was on the news, there had been a shootout where someone was killed. They thought it was a one off but the guy at their hotel said, nah theres a mafia killing about every other month.'

I looked into it recently, didn't realise Melbourne has a big underworld criminal element. You don't put that in your tourist brochures.
>>
>>79141102
How do they convince businesses to pay, if the mob is flatlining?
>>79141360
neato, thanks m8
>>79141076
How did they establish the unions? Were the members of the union also part of the mob? Were they just working stiffs? If latter, were they aware of the ties?
>>
>>79141024
Yes. Worked with a foreman who used to do work in Youngstown, Ohio. He got told if he was going to have his company truck on the job site, he had to have a teamster to drive it.

Contacted management and they told him, emphatically, to do so. He got a very large gentleman who would meet him at the gate every morning and drive his truck the rest of the way to the office trailer. Then sit in a chair reading the paper. When he needed to go around the site, the guy drove him around. End of the day, he'd drive him back to the gate and get out to head to his Lincoln.
>>
>>79141210

They were in New York, out in the suburbs.

The thing is, in the 70s, the mafia was starting to go legit. Things were going tits up for the drug trade, and the end of the 70s ended with things like Studio 54 shutting down and a bunch of mafia types going to jail. The ones smart enough to see the signs got out before that and went legit enough to be passed over. What I'm saying is, the guys who called on my grand father were probably small fries left behind. They claimed they were still in the mafia but they didn't really belong to any organization and didn't have any backup to call in to actually carry through threats. They were just 'connected'. At least, that's how I read the situation, and how my grand father described it to me 10 years ago.
>>
>>79141102

> Mafias are redundant ruling classes. They produce nothing and live by "taxing" as it were. They infiltrate existing businesses and "tax" along the lines of the fuck you pay me sequence in Goodfellas.

Not to be the edgelord here, but isn't that literally what a government is?
>>
>>79141493
lol
With stories like that, I can see why there's so much resentment for unions.
>>
>>79139643
When my gramps was a boy in Chicago he saw them hang mob criminals supposedly. That was when Al Capone used to control everything.
>>
>>79141493
That is funny as fuck.
So how do I get in?
>>
>>79141598
Yes.
>>
>>79141425
And yet in the movies the Jews are finding their endeavors.

This did actually happen a lot (there were a lot of Jewish loansharks) but they were just as violent as Italians, if not more so.

Murder, Inc. had a ton of Jews and Italian mafia members often contracted jews to assassinate rivals in order to not cause suspicion of betrayal or infighting
>>
File: 1460626557748.jpg (122 KB, 1278x1181) Image search: [Google]
1460626557748.jpg
122 KB, 1278x1181
>>79141598
>isnt that basically what the government is
>>
>>79140493
No I do not know of deaths. Just rumors. Both businesses were fronts, but they did make money, just not as much as Rick claimed.

Coke, and grass.
>>
>>79141679
You don't. You've got to be born into it for the most part.
>>
>>79141838
Funding not finding
>>
>>79141617
And it's union on union too. We're UA Local 72 Plumbers. He actually had to let a plumber go to cover the cost of the teamster.

>>79141679
I honestly have trouble doing the story justice. Mike (the foreman) was a really little guy, who'd had polio as a kid so he had the fucked up legs. Having this giant mafia goon following him around as a bodyguard and driver must have been hilarious. And the guy was a bodyguard. Some pissed off pipe fitter came after Mike for firing his ass for being sorry, and the guy came out to the trailer to whip Mike's ass.

He got in there and started ranting and threatening Mike and apparently Guido folded his paper, got up, grabbed the irate pipe fitter from behind and casually tossed him out the door without him landing on any of the steps prior to hitting the ground. Then he went back to his paper.
>>
I've seen the Yakuza in Tokyo, but other than that, none
>>
>>79139879
This
My mother kept the secret from me and my siblings that my grandfather was in the mafia and that he actually went to jail because he refused to snitch. He got out by the time I was 5 and we had a great relationship.
>>
>>79140076
I live in Vegas, that's bullshit.

Russians, chinks, and Jews run las Vegas
>>
>>79140135
Do you live in Seattle? Because I may have encountered some when I lived there
>>
>>79139643
Ex Imports/Customs worker (AKA a worker for a port, airport, etc. Not going to say which one).

The ports in Australia are fucking full of mobsters. I have no bloody clue what they traffic, but when I worked we had a few guys who would take specific shipments and put them on trucks.

I had no connections to it, but I'm pretty sure the supervisors did. The mobsters themselves were actually pretty nice (they took me out for a night on the town once).

Hell, I'm surprised we weren't getting batons shoved up our ass every 5 minutes by the feds. It was blatant, Anyone living within an hour of my work would find it impossible to NOT run into a mobster.

One guy quite far up got slammed by the AFP once, but they're not concerned with low-level employees like I was.
>>
Yah.

Guess what, they're all jews.
>>
>>79139643
I work with the mob on a daily basis
>>
File: 1459463553785.jpg (132 KB, 708x407) Image search: [Google]
1459463553785.jpg
132 KB, 708x407
>>79141984
>tfw you will never have a big silent bara guido protect you from pissed off pipe fitters
>>
Were italian mobs a lot more civil and professional than the nig-nog gangs we have today?
>>
>>79141984
Bit off-topic, how did you get into plumbing? Start with a union apprenticeship?
>>
>>79142073
i.e., the mob
>>
When I was a kid I met some kids ste dad who tutned out to be in the mafia. Found out when he got 20 years for some scam.
>>
>>79141484
Members of the unions were simply workers who for the most part did not know of the mafias connection. Although every now and then a family would get too big and the media would report their connection to different industries.
>>
File: Luciano.jpg (108 KB, 990x612) Image search: [Google]
Luciano.jpg
108 KB, 990x612
>>79139643
not me personally, but lucky luciano stayed at my grandparents house for a while. my dad also ran into john gotti before.
>>
>>79142127
>>79141333
That's classic mobsters by all accounts. They tend to treat regular working stiffs rather well. It's a cultural thing, part of how they maintained power. The regular people are supposed to like them, otherwise, they get the shaft pretty fast.

There can never be that many of the 'made' guys and everyone has to know who they are. A lot of those fuckers they interact with have to think they're alright. They can't murder everyone.

>>79142256
Yup. Almost everyone does. It possible for a licensed plumber to buy his way in as journeyman, but uncommon. Apprentices are paid pretty well, and raises are automatic every six months until you finish apprenticeship (five years).
>>
File: 5DimDy6p.jpg (12 KB, 248x248) Image search: [Google]
5DimDy6p.jpg
12 KB, 248x248
Me. I run numbers.
>>
>>79141838
>watch the sopranos
>every jewish character behaves exactly like the stereotypes
what did they mean by this
>>
>>79142205
Go work in Youngstown, Ohio. That tale was from the 1980's, or early 90's, but I'm sure it hasn't greatly changed. You'll just need to be good enough to be the General Foreman on a project large enough to require driving your company truck on the site.
>>
>>79142232
They had certain rules such as don't fuck with each other's girls, never snitch or you can expect to die very painfully, consider your boss more important than your own family , etc

Other than that they were somewhat similar except for the fact that much of their profits came from white-collar crime
>>
>>79142559
What do you think the odds for getting accepted are today? Hours decent? I dropped out of college, trying to get my life together. Working part-time as a grocery store janitor, union is trying to win our support by bombarding our store with leaflets.
>>
File: 037_3.jpg (41 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
037_3.jpg
41 KB, 640x480
>>79139643
The russian mob owns a pizza place by where i used to live that had like 3 arcade machines with over 100 games a piece unlocked so you could play for free. They were all super cool and would challenge us to street fighter and some of the other weird games once we became regulars. Their delivery dude had a tricked out Volvo that he would haul ass around in. I once went in during the day and like 8 of them were having a meeting that halted until i left. Pizza was 6/10 but i fucking miss living by that spot.
>>
>>79139643
I had a russian buddy in high school and im pretty sure his dad and older brothers were in the Russian mob. They ran an "import/export" business in North Seattle and all drove mercedes. Plus he always had tons of russian vodka that he would bring to parties to share with everyone.
>>
I had a run in about ten years ago. A servicce buddy of mine invited me to visit his home city New York with him. I met his family and friends and everything was normal as could be. One night he said we should get some drinks with his dad. I thought that was kind of weird but whatever. We were in the bar drinking and his dad was funny as fuck.

As the night went on I got a bit too drunk and out of hand. I was acting like a dick. I spilled a drink and got confrontational with the bouncer when he said I had to leave. As the bouncer was dragging me to the door, my friend's dad came up and told the bouncer "it's all right he's with me" the bouncer said something like he didn't give a fuck who I was with.

Two guys came running over and whispered to the bouncer. The bouncer let me go and apologised to my friend's dad and quickly walked off. The other guys apologised and said we are welcome to stay.

We got back to our table and my friend's dad was not the same guy. He told me to sit down, shut the fuck up and stop drinking. I sobered up a bit and we left. On my way out the bouncer shook my hand and said "hey man I didn't know".

The next morning my friend told me his dad is a mob guy. Then it really hit me how scared everyone involved was when it happened. His dad's only comment was that I need to hold my liqour better.
>>
I used to run coke for the mob but got stabbed once and got a gun pulled on me twice, I quit and became Christian and they left me alone.
>>
>>79143091
did it hurt?
>>
>>79141924
If you want to be "made" which who knows if they even do that anymore, you have to be at least half Italian on your father's side. (Back in the old days you had to be full Sicilian)

Anyone can be an associate but a made guy could/can literally spit in an associate's face and the associate would have to take it. Also an associate could be killed at any time while the assassination of a made man had to be approved by the boss (although approval wasn't always gotten)
>>
>>79142892
No shit my pizza place was also in north seattle. They were close to UW
>>
>>79142464
Why did he stay at your grandparents house...
>>
>>79142232
If anyone is to be believed, and that's extremely suspect with the internal history of guys who are all fucking liars, sneak thieves and felons, they were more sophisticated. The old world peasant rules set up a culture of behavior, more so than hard and fast rules.

There's no money to be made fucking with regular people, certainly not enough for the guys who don't do anything but leach off the profits made by other criminals who they "know".

Mobsters weren't doing shit. They were enforcers, and the guys who directed enforcers. All the 'mob' operations are run by regular criminal assholes being skimmed, protected, or occasionally directed by mobsters. There aren't made mobsters in italian suits running numbers, and asking for protection money. It's some asshole doing it, who does it because they give him a decent cut for it, or because they'll break his legs if he doesn't.

>>79142816
If you made it into college, you'll be a scholar among plumbers. It's technical and involved work, but not really hard to learn on the academics side. If your local union's apprenticeship program is taking in apprentices the odds of acceptance are pretty high. Not everyone makes it through the program, and apprentice's lower labor is big part of how union companies make a profit, so there is a constant demand for them.
>>
>>79143391
Can you elaborate on the academic side of things? I dropped out of college, but going back is always an option.
>lower labor
Stupid question, but: what is this? "Gopher" stuff, like digging holes or holding the toolbelt?
>>
My barber recently invited me to join the an Irish mafia they use the shop as a front, I'm thinking about joining.
>>
File: Honolulu-from-Tantalus-1024x361.jpg (138 KB, 1024x361) Image search: [Google]
Honolulu-from-Tantalus-1024x361.jpg
138 KB, 1024x361
the yakuza own a lot of brothels and gambling parlors here.
theyre pretty cool and dont normally cause too much trouble for anyone else
>>
>>79143391
>Mobsters weren't doing shit

Pretty much this. It was set up as a pyramid scheme where no matter how much you made, a percentage went to whoever your boss was. And then your boss gave a percentage to their boss, and up and up.

So there was plenty of nigger-like crime going on in the Italian mafia but made men weren't close to it. Although at some point they probably participated in it before they were made.
>>
>>79140675
the mob-union connection mostly started with mob control over east coast docks and ports. the mob always controlled the ports for smuggling purposes.

but the mob had trouble when dockworkers started to unionize for better pay and benefits. for the first few years, the mafia just cracked heads to put an end to it, but then got smart, and simply took over the unions themselves. then they could use union dues and pension funds as slush funds and to launder money too.

then they branched out into other unions, most famously the teamsters (jimmy hoffa), but also steelworkers, electricians, and plenty more. now their biggest is probably construction.
>>
>>79143311
apparently he was friends with my grandfather. at least thats what my grandmother said whenever I asked her about it, never got to ask him about it since he died when I was really young. He coulda been in the mafia but I'll never probably get the full story.
>>
>>79143614
do it you pussy
>>
The mob has rules. To those talking about unions, these rules apply. Don't screw with them they leave you be. They don't kill women and children or anybody for no reason. Sure they might extort a business but who cares. They don't go to widows for shit. The unions aren't opposite to this or bad or mafialike. They have that connotation because they help the poor the widows and the innocent women and kids and are suspicious of business. They are individualist but within a family. They talk of degenerates. They don't like gamblers or losing money. Or taxes because they see the guys taking them as corrupting everybody even the ones "they" don't. So you see. Blaming unions is wrong and mangia cakes know nothing of them. Other kinds of these groups don't do these things. Only steal and worse. Mafia is the good guys of organised crime. This is why the bigger fish get compared to them but they hate the mafia because they have somewhat of a sense of morals
>>
>>79143133
Like shit, he stabbed me in my tricep muscles and retracted it by ripping it out instead of pulling back.

The mob got me into a hospital and covered everything and took care of the lowlife sandcoon who did it but it made me realize that it wasnt just making quick money anymore but gambling with my own life.

Im pretty sure they know where and how I live but I expect they respect my decision and the hell I went through for them.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 520x1865) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 520x1865
>>79143828
Forgot pic
>>
>>79143689
>the mob-union connection mostly started with mob control over east coast docks and ports. the mob always controlled the ports for smuggling purposes.
So, literally The Wire?
>Jimmy Hoffa
Sounds familiar, time to fire up the Google machine.
>>
>>79143830
wow so you have no loyalty. smfh
>>
>>79143828
>taxation is bad but extorting businesses is ok

wop logic
>>
File: 1452302964352.jpg (24 KB, 306x480) Image search: [Google]
1452302964352.jpg
24 KB, 306x480
>>79139643
The mafia per se I've never dealt with, but large scale crime syndicats are the name of the game in city.
>>
>>79144012
I don't agree 100% with their stuff but they're not fanciful about anything. Profit making is wrong. Why is it ok for a lemonade stand but not for the average citizen who must be taxed and profit seek? I don't agree in any violence really. But these sometimes are Roman Christians. Can't say the same for some of the others
>>
>>79142232

Much better.

The Classic Cosa Nostra kept the Nig-Nogs down and a lid on some of the worst of their tendencies (as they hated them too).

I'd rank the Jewish Mob/Irish Mob up there as semi-respectable as far as Criminals go, they treat this shit like a business.

The very few Triads/Yakuza I've interacted with seemed very professional too.

Now the Mexican/Russian mobs, fuck them. A bunch of violent savages who'd whore their mothers out then dismember her body if they think it'd make a buck.

I never met a Made guy from the "respectable/professional" mobs who took an investigation or arrest as a personal offense... it was just part of doing business. Oh they'd try to kill anyone snitching on them, but they generally don't fuck with me.

I still check my vehicle for IEDs daily before going to work... funny story about it, I guess word got out I did it, and a known "Boss" approached me and said "Anon", your a pretty good guy for a Cop, so don't worry about it, if we wanted you gone you'd never see it coming...

Which I kinda took in the spirit it was intended. I don't worry about getting shot, I worry about getting blown up though still. But I'm not a beat cop... and no I won't say where I work.
>>
>>79139643
The Mob is powerless these days.

They got beat out by Mexican drug cartels, some even have former ex military members that got trained by America.

The Mob in comparison never had such military training.

Also, Italian immigration to America had declined heavily.

The only gangs you need to be afraid in the first world today is mainly Mexican gangs, Russian gangs, Chinese gangs.

If you are already in a third world country, then Indian gangs, Thailand gangs, Brazilian gangs, Mexican gangs are what you should watch out for because these guys actually would commit rape in public.

Also, in South America, it is pretty much illegal for two people to ride on a motorbike due to gangmembers abusing this privilege to rob drivers on the streets or freeways.
>>
>>79139643
hello relative of mobsters here

literally not interesting at all they commit crimes i guess? big fucking deal only problem is if i'm targeted for my family name (.00001 chance)
>>
>>79144173
Here's the thing though; Yes they took vows on the virgin Mary and all that, but they were far from holy.
>>
File: redditball.jpg (245 KB, 699x971) Image search: [Google]
redditball.jpg
245 KB, 699x971
It seems they all went back to their shitholes of countries
>>
File: drop-in-anchor.gif (44 KB, 358x234) Image search: [Google]
drop-in-anchor.gif
44 KB, 358x234
>>79143601
by lower labor, I meant lower labor cost. Here a 1st year apprentice is getting $10.50 to a journeyman's $26.25 hourly.

You'll do all kinds of shit. At first, drilling hole for pipe hangers, learning to cut pipe properly, and a lot fetching tools so an older guy doesn't have to keep climbing up and down a ladder.

As you learn more, you do more. As you get on, or if you're clever, you end up doing while a journeyman passes you tools. You'll work side by side with someone for five years, learning from them while you help them be able to accomplish more work.

We dig occasionally, but generally it's done by equipment operators, and if there's a lot of digging by hand expected union laborers have to be brought in for it.

I spent most of my first year holding a ladder steady watching and waiting to grab, or hand them something, cutting cast iron because I am very fucking good at it, and drilling endless numbers of holes with a hammer drill and setting rod anchors.
>>
>>79144178
You are a neckbeard sitting in a office chair with one of those shitty plug in massage pads that go over the top
>>
>>79144406
I don't think a Mob could grow up comfortably today.

Back then, NSA and Google didn't exist.

Google Maps pretty much ruin any potential hideouts as well since getting Satellite Images is such a casual affair these days.

Hell, the average nerdy scientist can even discover lost hidden cities in dense forests these days with radar without having to spend his entire paycheck.
>>
>>79144299
Aren't you forgetting one..?
>>
File: yous before Jews.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
yous before Jews.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
>>79144417
Neato, thanks. Take this.
>>
>>79144585

Well 2/3 aint bad, too bad I can't get away with the Neckbeard. Damned Grooming Standards. I'd like to go full dirtbag again, I kinda liked it.
>>
>>79144591
Not to that size and not in the US.

Italy is still plagued by mafia and as we all know the Mexican "mafia" has been quite successful
>>
The Triads still operate in California and they compete with the Mexican cartels.
>>
I have a connection in the Irish mob, and I have some family that were mafia.

I don't know how much of a presence they have, but the mob guy assures me if I ever need a favor, he'll get it done no questions asked.
>>
>>79144902
Ask him (as a favor) to post proof with timestamp
>>
>>79144902
>Irish mob
lmao is that even a thing
>>
My family was a greek Boston family and I always suspected some kind of mob stuff. Was there a greek mafia? or were greeks always more docile
>>
>>79145004
What do you want with a timestamp? A vaguely Irish looking fellow torching my house so I can commit insurance fraud?
>>
File: 1425601675982.jpg (89 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1425601675982.jpg
89 KB, 640x480
>>79139643
One time I was in New York City as an obvious tourist, up a biiiiit too late and needed to piss. Found a restaurant and asked to use their bathroom, it was in the basement but "just go downstairs and turn to the first door immediately, don't go anywhere else". So I go downstairs and it's a little bigger (and darker than it should be) and take the immediate door to the bathroom. As I'm pissing I hear some kind of argument break out, a bang, then silence. Oh fuck. Two guys were waiting for me outside the door. "Where you from?" "Utah..." "Good, get the fuck out of here" This was about four years ago.
>>
>>79145049
Around here in Boston they have at least some presence. Specifically I'm pretty sure they partially operate out of Revere.
>>
>>79139643
I have family in the mob out east. Theyre a bunch of greasy Hollywood kikes. All they do is sue each other over random bullshit. They don't have near the amount of power back when they owned a lot of oil/cuba/local American crime. They aren't nearly as violent but everyone now and then they will up with some pretty scary fuckers. They'll pull strings but nothing like back in the day.

The Americans aren't anything special anymore its all international.
>>
>>79145049
It's just the same as any other 'mob'. Loosely connected families of thugs who are generally savvy enough not to shoot random strangers on the street and where distinctive colored clothing to indicate their status to police.
>>
File: paulpe.jpg (49 KB, 830x1262) Image search: [Google]
paulpe.jpg
49 KB, 830x1262
>>79140243
Watch it Crissy!
>>
>>79139643
Pic related. Suspected of killing over 200 people in and around New Jersey.
>>
File: Kuklinski.jpg (33 KB, 421x261) Image search: [Google]
Kuklinski.jpg
33 KB, 421x261
>>79145669
>>
>>79145739
>Kuk
He must be innocent.
>>
>>79145669
>>79145739
Perfect example though of that whole mobsters are entirely full of shit thing.
>>
There are some biker gangs that operate more like the mobs of old.
>>
>>79139643
When i was young my parents and me went on vaccation in Italy to visit and old friend of my father. Someone stole my dads wallet and his friend just said not to worry, he'll take care of it. The next day he gave my father his wallet back. Idk if he was a member of the mob, but he certainly knew the right people.
>>
My brother was in the mob, I used to be a boxer. My own brother sold me out for the short end money. I had to take a dive. I could've won that fight easy. I double crossed the mob then my brother took his own life to save mine.
>>
>>79145739
That guy literally made shit up to get on HBO.
>>
>>79145049
I'll let it slide because of the flag but believe it or not they were bigger than the Italian mafia pre prohibition
>>
I've seen the Triads at the night market a few times. Not the same as your mob, but still scary
>>
File: PurpleGang.jpg (63 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
PurpleGang.jpg
63 KB, 500x250
Nah. My great grandpa was a bootlegger and did some odd jobs for the Purple Gang though. It was ran by Joos.
>>
How exactly is organized crime structured in comparison to street gangs? I don't see too much difference.
>>
>>79145083
There was organized crime for almost every major group of immigrants

There was a Greek "mafia" in NYC and Philadelphia but I'm sure they extended into other cities, just not as prevalent as Italians
>>
>>79146123
fuck off with that nonsense
>>
>>79140863
The most likely explanation here is that you're mentally ill.
>>
>>79144404
Yeah obviously but i never said that. If you believe that can overcome all sin if you repent and seek Him and sure you should try to be holy but they're better than the others. That's all
>>
I've seen full Yakuza tattoos at community pools in SoCal
>>
I have. A guy who was connected through new Orleans. Guy ran a foundation repair and concrete company. He was a nut. was always buying wierd shit like old steam paddle boats and 3 wheelers, shit that really only made sense to buy if he was transferring cash to someone and needed a pretext. he was trying to hire me to inventory all this stuff and try to resell it for him . when I explained what it was actually worth vs what he wanted to get for it, he wasn't upset that he had blown $10k on a damaged bail handling attachment or a pallet of victaulic couplings without the gaskets. he just said to try and find a better price, and don't try to auction it.

I tried to understand for a long time what was up.... then I put together some of his stories... was starting to get uneasy. he started telling me how he wanted to do me a favor and give me an unreasonablely large cut if I could move it for him.
>>
Does it bother someone else that blatant crime and extortion was so commonplace up until the late 90's?
>>
Pretty sure my Sicilian grandfather was in the mob up until the 2000s. They're definitely still around and have gone legit. I partly have a feeling they have a hand in helping Donald's campaign.
>>
File: 1466999166212.jpg (86 KB, 608x626) Image search: [Google]
1466999166212.jpg
86 KB, 608x626
>>79146456
What the fuck are you going on about
>>
>>79139643
A friend of my brother's married into the family of the owner of an Italian restaurant in Memphis. Pete and Sam's. One night in the early 00's, Mr. Sam (an old man) was leaving the restaurant on either Christmas or New Year's Eve, and he was robbed and shot by a nigger. The nog was arrested and turned up dead in jail within a month. Our friend's mom would tell us this story and always end it with "oh, but there's no such thing as the mafia" in the thickest Missouri accent you could imagine.

Pete and Sam's was John Calipari's favorite restaurant when he was the coach at Memphis. He still eats there when he's in town.
>>
>>79146544
Hillary is the most powerful mafioso in the world.
>>
>>79146515
Does it bother anyone else that we're under attack from within in the first world and that the best option to combat the threat falls in line with Hitler?
>>
>>79146387
There's not that much difference.

A lot of organized crime relies mostly on white collar crime rather than robberies, car jackings, etc.
>>
>>79144730
>eye and pyramid
Aaaand i've now quit this board
>>
Oh forgot about the time the Italian mob threatened my stepdad once because he was talking shit to some dude. It cooled down and it's been probably 10 years since that.
>>
>>79141598
>implying their is a difference between the two
>>
>>79146555
I'll just fucking check it myself guys
>>
>>79146763
>Canuck
>not getting the joke
lol what a shock
>>
>>79142073

Russian mafia, Chinese triad, and the Jewish... what?
>>
>>79139643
my family had connections but we started mixing with the other immigrants and only kept the pasta and coffee
>>
>>79139948
True, they still run business in parts of the south. They'll take your wife and children and let them fry inside of a burning car.
>>
>>79146509

let me give you some context. all the guys working for him were mexicans who acted like killers. all muscle bound, never spoke english or at all really. scars on their faces, tattoos. never acted tough in that they would try to push you around or anything... just this barely contained anger you could feel and dead pan faces. there's a look in a guys eye when he knows he could kill you but it would be inconvenient.

the mob guy had this hot ass wife who was pretty much retarded . they were always buying these huge houses as fixer uppers. they would dump tens of thousands into them and then just move out and rent them for like $600 a month . he had a huge lot across the highway and kept old gravel sifter and dump trucks, compactors, off road vehicles. one week he spent every day out on his porch with an AR15 watching the lot because he was sure there were some guys snooping around checking out all his stuff to try to steal and scrap it.

he was always really nice to me. like super nice. I had remodeled houses for him and then I worked at a supply warehouse and sold his guys concrete tools and diamond abrasive wheels . he had an adderall and alcohol problem and I would talk to him about getting himself under control. cognitive behavior therapy and studd like that. anyway, it was interesting knowing that guy
>>
>>79146985
banks
>>
Mob in KC (Tutera family) owns an old folks home and other legit businesses. I went to school with a kid whose parents owned some super markets. We all knew they were mob but they weren't really dangerous any more.
>>
When I was a kid growing up in Seattle my mom worked at a printshop that was a front for the owner who ran cocaine for the Russian mob.

There was a guy who started to stalk my mom and wouldn't leave her alone and the cops were useless.

One day she comes in crying cause the stalker had been waiting for her outside and one of the Russian mobsters is inside doing some business with her boss.

He asks her what's wrong and she tells him what has been happening; the Russian walks outside and holds the guy against the walls and has a talk with him.

Mom never heard or saw the stalker again.

I currently work with a bunch of 'former' filipino gangsters including one who had a car with armed men in it waiting outside my store cause his family is really important. Nice guys.
>>
>>79147353

Fucking perfect mate.
>>
>>79147037
>and coffee
What does that have to do with Eyetalians?
>>
>>79139952
Am I the only one who got the joke?
>Fuggetabotit
>>
File: i run this shit.gif (499 KB, 500x246) Image search: [Google]
i run this shit.gif
499 KB, 500x246
Its great you noticed my gesture, but you should be more concerned with who else might be noticing my gesture.
>>
My Dad and Grandfather were both in the mafia.

They think of themselves as businessmen and murder & violence is just the cost of business. They're functional sociopaths by the time they're made.
>>
>>79145739
He lied about a shit ton of stuff.
>>
>>79139643
what mob? :^)
>>
>>79139643
But really, my ex's gramps was in it in his youth. Says he never said a word about it to his grave
>>
Not Mafia-related but my sister's BF's aunt or some shit worked for the Kray twins
>>
>>79146707
Does it bother anyone else that Hitler has been so demonized you could literally convince people it's normal to chop your dick off and wear a dress before you could get them to believe he had a point about certain things?
>>
>>79146123
On the list of things that did not happened : your post!
>>
>>79146544

Trump definitely had to deal with the mob to get buildings put up in NYC. No doubt that the mob is helping him now.
>>
>>79142127
fremantle docks

you were told to stay quiet
>>
File: 1452403846296.png (684 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1452403846296.png
684 KB, 960x640
>>79152570
>>
>>79139643

See:
>>79141598
>>79146895

Government = organised crime
>>
>>79140076

Nah Vegas is all corporate now.
>>
File: IMG_20160628_163125_451.jpg (100 KB, 734x811) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160628_163125_451.jpg
100 KB, 734x811
>he still believes in the separation of legit business and "legit" business
topp a-fukking checc.
>>
>>79153555
That's an indictment against the trajectory of American something-or-other.
>>
>>79143868
*sigh* parents suck ugh
>>
>>79141004

Organized crime still big in the Rio Grande Valley, but that should surprise no one
>>
File: 420px-Yakuza-katakana.svg.png (7 KB, 420x123) Image search: [Google]
420px-Yakuza-katakana.svg.png
7 KB, 420x123
>>79139643

My uncle is Japanese and he had a run-in with the local Yakuza.

He's a nurse and his hospital (he works for more than one, but the main one) were making changes in regards to patient treatment, hours, practices, etc. I don't remember the details but it basically gave any patient less care so the hospital could make more money and also forced nurses to work more hours for same money (I think).

Anyways, my uncle was one of the leaders in voicing against the changes, which the director or owner of the hospital wanted to make.

Anyways, one day a man claiming to be from the yakuza for his area (he had the tattoo's) visited my uncle's home. He told him that he had been hired by the owner of the hospital to kill him and some of his friends for his insubordination. The yakuza group had already accepted the money. He said though he heard my uncle was a good man and as the yakuza considers themselves part of the "community", it wouldn't be just to kill him. So he basically said he let him off the hook.

Also, the changes at the hospital never took place. My uncle believes it's cause the yakuza went back and scared the shit out of the owner for being a piece of shit - doubt he got his money back too. lol
>>
>>79154431
Do Nips not have a Hippocratic oath, or is it just voided when you pay someone else to do the harming?
>>
Well apparently my summer cabin neighbour is in the russian mob. Runs a few legit businesses im Finland and Estonia. Has offered me a legal job, didn't take it. Young, but extremely well behaved. Never seen him drink more than three beers.
>>
>>79141598
That's why he says "redundant" ruling class, we don't need a second one.
>>
I run into them all the time in martin scorsese movies
>>
>>79146123
You could've been a contender. But you're just a bum.
>>
File: Mattis.jpg (82 KB, 736x742) Image search: [Google]
Mattis.jpg
82 KB, 736x742
I'm in the waste and recycling industry, and I've met a few guys that are rumored to be connected in the Youngstown OH area.

I knew a guy that was killed by some supposedly connected family. He stopped at a gas station and was shot in the back of the head by someone on a crotch rocket who then sped off. We later found out how dirty he was, and that he was boning some capo's wife. It was covered by a show on E! years ago, link if anyone's interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EMPiX016xA
>>
>ctrl+f
>1 italian poster
Disappointing 2bh. In any case, I personally know the daughter of a chinese man that was involved in your typical cases of money laundering, racketeering, that kind of thing. She moved from a literal favela to on the of the richest neightborhoods around in the time span of 1 year.
>>
>>79139643
I have a story from my grandfather, who was not in the mob, but i also know i have some relatives that were in to some sketchy business

So my grandfather and grandmother went out to a restaurant when they were on a trip to some city i think new york or rhode island, they dressed up very nice because they are old school, and this was a bunch of years back, grandma wearing all jewlery and grandpa in a nice suit. They went in and sat down and the waiters and everyone were being super accommodating, giving them free wine, all these dishes, they didn't even order food

anyways the chef comes out to meet him and starts calling him by the wrong first name, and so it turns out that my grandfather looked alot like some big mob boss, and had the same last name, so when he went in to the restaurant the people started freaking out because they were affiliated with the guys gang or something, and served them well and gave them everything for free. They never saw a menu, they just knew what to cook for him.

pretty funny, but could have ened alot worse, they just walked out at the end because they wouldnt let them pay for any of it, imagine an italian saying "no no no mr anon, its on the house, i insist" and having no idea why
>>
They're not bad people. They have families to feed like everyone else. They don't kill innocent people and don't adhere to the "deal you can't refuse" stereotype.

Tbh the ones I know are honorable people who donate to the church heavily.

t. Been around them my whole life. Ask me anything.
>>
>>79139879
no, fuck off poser.
>>
At this point they made their money, and have now converted to "legit" businesses, usually acquiring city contracts through their connections, pretty much the definition of crony capitalism. I live in a neighborhood of Brooklyn that used to be a mob stronghold, they're mostly concentrated in the wealthiest part of the neighborhood. Fucking huge houses, swimming pools, in house Cinemas etc.
>>
>>79159274
I forgot, but i actually know a guy who has killed for the mob, driving over a bridge with him, he told me that one time his friend, who they now call bobby, had a problem on the bridge

he asked me if I knew why they called him bobby

it was because they found him bobbing up and down in the boston harbor

"I always thought his name was john, but I later discovered he was bobby, quite bobby."

He got shot once, and had a hit out on him by someone he offended in a bar.
>>
Reminder that Italians are not Europeans. They are Arab rape babies, same as spain, greece etc.
Hence the crime element
>>
>>79139643
They have a monopoly on opportunity in localized areas. If you don't have a nepotistic link, enjoy being a wageslave with no chance of social mobility the rest of your life.
>>
Had run ins with the cartel

Their product sucks and they use intimidation and extortion to corner the market
>>
>>79154431
Don't the Yakuza run public ads in Nipland extolling the perils of drugs?
>>
Yea we have them here in New Zealand, except they are called the mongrel mob, they are Maoris who ride Harley's and sell weed, they thrive in prison better than niggers
>>
>>79139643
>/pol/ have you ever had actual run-ins with the actual Mob?

yes, the mob is real, they exist, the heavy hitters these days are mostly cops
>>
>>79140259
>The mob-mob (criminal mobsters of Italian origin) don't really exist in the U.S. anymore.

no they do, but the other 4 families are trying to recover after that Teflon Don Giuliani bullshit really kicked them in the balls
>>
>>79139643
i used to be involved in mafia in my country in 90s. Now i am ligit businessman since nobody would tax me this day. If you wanted to be a businessman in post cmunism countries you had to be a mobster. I glad relaity changed so much in those 20 years
>>
>>79161516
maoris are fucking shit, i feel sorry for you
>>
I used to talk to this Italian stoner chick online regularly, she was pretty hot. At one point she revealed that she had changed her last name because her father was part of the Bonanno crime family. I don't think she was lying about it. Closest I've ever got.
>>
>>79143689
>now their biggest is probably construction.

Italians take over the concrete business first thing everywhere they go
>>
>>79154799
That dumb maplenigger is making up bullshit
>>
>>79143888
>>Jimmy Hoffa

teamster boss who got caught talking shit about how he knew where the rifle that shot JFK was hidden and he disappeared, but he was talking all kinds of shit that JFK crack was just something he said when he felt desperate
>>
>>79139879
>>79142052
>"I'll take things that never happened for $2,000 please"
>>
>>79139643
my literal Illuminati grandpa was friends the the kid of a big time bookie in the italian mafia back in the 50s, they used to speed around town in a car they couldn't legally drive of course but that shit does not matter when they are "protected"
>>
>>79144299
>They got beat out by Mexican drug cartels,

so basically Obama's CIA goons that turned Chicago into the cocaine epicenter of the USA?
>>
File: 1277000127935.jpg (34 KB, 300x562) Image search: [Google]
1277000127935.jpg
34 KB, 300x562
>>79141598
>>
>>79140243
>lying on an anonymous image board.
>>
>>79162126
I believe that started under Raegan
>>
>>79162357
So you don't have an argument?
>>
GABAGOOL
>>
>>79161770
Cheers bro you had any run ins with them?
Last week I was sitting in a bakery and my mate was grabbing some food and he comes back and this huge Maori comes up to us and accused me of looking at him and wants to know if I have an eye problem, about to fucking drop me, probably cause I'm white
They all belong in prison
>>
>>79162126
>>so basically Obama's CIA goons that turned Chicago into the cocaine epicenter of the USA?

Ah-haha! People in Chicago don't snort cocaine. They smoke crack instead.
>>
File: what_did_you_say.jpg (553 KB, 2337x3060) Image search: [Google]
what_did_you_say.jpg
553 KB, 2337x3060
>>
>>79162455

well yeah I mean the tradition started at prohibition, but there has been a new organization brought to the cocaine trade, everyone's always bitching about how come it doesn't run as smooth as the pig trade
>>
>>79161411
yes, they also hold annual public trick or treating events I shit you not.
>>
>>79162851
yeah this is beyond selling a few kilos, all the cocaine in the country is now being driven through Chicago, en route to other destinations
>>
>>79143614
Have you seen any of the irish mafia around your town?
>>
>>79145576
Kek
>>
he Scottish Gangsters are quite fun. Warring Families kinda Soprano-esk although i reckon no oath or anything.
>>
I used to work with people who were mobsters from New York.

As a poster up there said they are now legitimate businessmen. On the top anyway. If they ever did do anything "gangsterish" I wasn't privy to it.

I can tell you stories about before they moved to Florida and about the scary stuff I saw. They may be exmob but they sure as shit frightened the crap outta me when they got going.
>>
>>79139643
My friend's father was a low-level mob guy back in the 90's.
He drove a cool car and always had disposable cash, but he never really looked like he enjoyed it. I guess because he knew he was stealing from the hungry.

Anyway, all the betting places and casinos and all that gambling shit here are basically mafia controlled. Although, not in a traditional 'cosa nostra' way, I think.
>>
>>79163923

I'm ready for storytime

I'm fascinated by it 2bh as The Sopranos is my favourite show and my Irish grandads brother moved to NY and became a cop and was involved in investigating them. They sent a wreath of flowers to his funeral because one time he patched up one of their guys who'd been shot. My grandad told me he was very religious so I suppose Italians also being Catholics respected that.
>>
>>79141017
This is the most honest post here. Mob got destroyed by rico and by the Godfather movies. Seriously it was like jaws with sharks. Freaked people out. It made them seem like this brilliantly run and organized force controlling large decisions. Real mafia members never talk about it so all those ass holes who say their uncle or whatever was in the mob...ask them for his name and check his record 99 percent of the time it's bullshit...like their uncle gambled in a joint that was semi run by a guy who paid up to a guy who paid up to a mafiosa. Now a days the mobs just sad old dudes and fake kids forming crews and going to jail. The old dudes sit in bars talking about the 70s.
>>
I grew up in a beach community that was home to a 1%er biker club. Went to high school with the presidents twin boys. I imagine they were a lot like the mob.

To civilians outside of criminal life, they were normal and chill. Within the crime world, they fucking ran shit in that tiny town.

Sometimes, they did obnoxious things to prove their power, but not often. If they had a regional meeting, with like a hundred of them, they would just ride through town and ignore street lights. Bikers would go ahead and block the intersection so the whole convoy could roll through. But that was rare.

We would see them around town, they loved one bar right on the beach. I knew a few of them because I was a friend of their kids and we would surf together. They would sell me little bags of weed as a favor, not something they usually wasted time on but just to hook me up.

The one thing you never did, ever, was disrespect them. Ever. Not even slightly. No matter where, no matter when, if you disrespect them, they will fuck you up, consequences be damned. They would hit you with a brick in front of 100 cops. They didn't give a fuck. You never fucking touched their colors without permission, pat them on the back, or hug and touch the patch. As little kids I would get away with it because I was a kid. But if a non member just walked up and patted them on the back, touching the patch, shit would get ugly.

I think they were a positive influence on our little area. They kept street crime niggers out. We had none. The area was known as their area. And they have ways of finding things out. Someone's car gets broken into, they are a friend of the MC, that stuff gets returned and someone gets beat up.

For a few years it got ugly, there was a feud with another club, some shootings and car bombings, but for the most part they did their thing and didn't bother normies. They ruled the drug market and criminal side with an iron fist though.
>>
There was a guy had a bar I was at claiming he was part of the Italian mob, to the point where the staff were pretty touchy about it. He was probably bsing.
>>
>>79164365
>But if a non member just walked up and patted them on the back, touching the patch, shit would get ugly.
sounds autistic as shit senpai
>>
>>79164494
*at a bar
>>
The closest I got was working for some eastern Europeans at a shitty lititle bar/grill.

The "cook" was an ex soviet chef who prepared food during the Olympics in ussr during the 80s.

The "owner" made his money off of like, selling pharmaceuticals and medical equipment.

Guys would come in and have a gold ring on each finger and ask to speak to a manager. Sit down, eat with the the manager, speak sputnik the whole time and leave.

I never made any money there because I never had enough real tables

About year and a half later they got busted and now it is a dank ass hamburger place.
>>
>>79164494
of course he was bullshitting, I doubt real ones would ever mention it
>>
>>79146650
I want you to know I read this out loud with the woman's supposed accent, making greater emphasis on the specific words she said directly
>>
>>79164561
That leather vest with patch is the most important thing in their life. It means more than their wife, their kids, everything. It's extremely difficult to become a full patch member in the big 4-5 clubs, and this club was one of them. It has clubs all over the country and in Europe I believe.

To an outsider, yea it seems strange and obsessive. But to them it's much different. Their entire life is centered on the club, and the "cut" or leather vest with patch, is the symbol of that.

Most of these guys die or end up in jail before getting out of these clubs. It takes so much time and commitment and criminal shit to finally get in as a full member, you really have no choice but to stay in.

And for what it's worth, they do genuinely love and care for each other like a family, maybe even tighter. If a members old lady gets cancer, the club will make sure she gets treatment. When members get locked up, they get visits and commissary money, their families get taken care of. It's legit. They really do look out for each other.

The big outlaw MC clubs are like the navy seals, army rangers of criminals. Tight knit groups of career operators who would die for each other and get shit done brutally.
>>
File: 1331852442697.jpg (180 KB, 475x356) Image search: [Google]
1331852442697.jpg
180 KB, 475x356
>>79162506
Me personally believes that todays politics is about divide and conquer between eachother where one party control shit for a certain amount of time and then after that another party does. A neverending cycle where nothing really gets through, common man pays taxes to a program that ruin it for eachother and shares the money and power between eachother
>>
>>79140280
You know a girl worked there before 2008 named Lauren?
>>
>>79165428
they still sound even more autistic then unironic waifufags
>>
>>79139879
This is factual.
My Italian god mother had ties and connections to the Sicilian mob. She was actually born in Italy.
>>
>>79139643

Vending machines are ran by the mob
>>
File: TOO DEEP.jpg (40 KB, 355x500) Image search: [Google]
TOO DEEP.jpg
40 KB, 355x500
If you grew up in NYC, you'd most likely know someone who knows someone

also

Howard Beach, Queens
Any italian neighborhood in Staten Island
and of course
Little Italy
>>
My dad tried to set up an office for the company he worked for on Sicily a few years back. It failed because it was/is literally impossible to do (big) business on that island without mob-fees. Crazy how much control they had/have there.

But me personally, nah. My dad and his colleagues said they were like shady ruthless businessmen though.
>>
I play a lot of poker.

A lot.

One spot in charlotte I know for a fact has armed guards which is nice when the averge buy in is 500.

Anyways, the game is in the back of a hair salon. It's a real buisness but is cahs only. They even had slot machines and video poker/blackjack there.

I don't ask questions, nobody does.
>>
>>79166587
kill yourself faggot
>>
>>79143828
This read like a Scorsese film
>>
>>79139643
There is no mob
>>
>>79139643
My grandfather came to NY from Ukraine with his family during the 2nd world war. He got involved with the Odessa and got a 12 year sentence for a shooting when my mom was 6. My grandmother moved bach to Holland with my mother and uncle afterwards and they never heard from him again. She was his third wife though so he probably just remarried after he got out.
>>
>>79140259
The craftiest lie the mob has ever created is making you fools think it doesn't exist
>>
I hadn't, but my dad did. Beat the guys ass.
>>
>>79140496
When did that happened?
Were they carrying weapons?
>>
>>79159497
Is the cigarette smuggling across the adriatic meme really true?
>>
>>79139643
Not me, but an aquaitance went on holiday to sicily. (They have relatives there)
His sister gets to know a guy who later turns out to be a small-time mobster.
One day their big red Chevrolet suv didsppeared.

They were of course shocked and pissed, because no one saw or heard anything of course.

When the mob guy heard this, He excused himself, did a quick Phone call (probably his boss) and the car was back in place after 30minutes.

Not an awesome story, but shows how highly organized they are.

On a side note:
Camorra isn't that big in Sicily anymore, 'Ndrangheta owns nearly everything.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 320x320
>>79141004
Do Mafiosos keep dressing with large coats and fedora?
>>
I was working as a warehouse temp once. I went to a warehouse that deals with medical waste, body parts, needles, blood, expired meds, all that stuff.

Every guy was packing heat and they offered me a job selling drugs after hearing me talk about how I want a better job. Politely declined though. Turns out they have guys in hospitals across the province throwing good meds in with the expired ones, the company picks them up and sorts them at the warehouse, then it goes through a distribution network of drug dealers. Almost every guy there made 4k a month on top of their salary wage through this.

It sounds pretty sweet but I don't want to get shot or stabbed or arrested
>>
Yes, i voted for them in the last elections for President.

You know, the Macri family are Italian mobs.

:/\)
>>
File: Argie President.jpg (74 KB, 640x609) Image search: [Google]
Argie President.jpg
74 KB, 640x609
>>79169487

No joke, they are from Polistena, Italy, a small town full of 'Ndrangheta members.
>>
growing up it was almost a given that if you were italian you'd have to make up some bullshit story about your uncle or cousins grandpa being in the mafia

i always saw through those people's faggy little lies
>>
>>79139643
they sell me weed
>>
I wanna learn about the Yakuza are they generally "nicer" than third world gangs
>>
>>79139643
I used to know a son of the panepinto family, located in Bivona (Sicily) whose father was (and still is) in jail, but he never wanted to talk about that
>>
>>79139643
smoked weed with some yakuza in Fukuoka before, they were pretty chill. Apparently theres a big issue with new membership these days though, lots of clans are just filled with seniors.
>>
>>79139643

The mob has changed their tune since the busts of the 90s.

They do more "grey" work now, instead of the full-on crime you see in movies.

A lot of them do legit work now. See all of those Casinos in Las Vegas? Most of them have their origins in the mob and they are still run by them.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.