[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
White News Anchor Fired For Being White
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot_2016-06-21-23-40-48.png (466 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-21-23-40-48.png
466 KB, 720x1280
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/06/21/white-tv-anchor-fired-after-racial-comments-fights-back-with-discrimination-lawsuit/

March, a white award-winning broadcast news anchorin Pittsburgh posted on her professional Facebook page what she claimedwas a heartfelt call to actionon the perceived black-on-black crime epidemic in the United States, particularlyin the city she’d covered for almost 20 years.

The post came two weeks after she covered amass shooting at a backyard barbecuethat left four people injured and six dead, including a pregnant woman, in Wilkinsburg, amajority black borough. The district attorney called the heinous crimecalculated, planned and one of the “most brutal” he had seen in his 18-year tenure.
>>
File: 1464763185127.jpg (60 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
1464763185127.jpg
60 KB, 700x500
Seeing this american apartheid unfold is really making me fucking lose it.
>>
>>78120379

The veteran journalistdrew her own conclusions about the perpetrators anyway, comments that were decried as racist and demeaning — and that eventually cost her her job.

“You needn’t be a criminal profiler to draw a mental sketch of the killers who broke so many hearts two weeks ago Wednesday,” Bellwrote on Facebook, words that were later deleted. “… They are young black men, likely in their teens or in their early 20s. They have multiple siblings from multiple fathers and their mothers work multiple jobs. These boys have been in the system before. They’ve grown up there. They know the police. They’ve been arrested.”
>>
>>78120486
Was she wrong?
>>
>>78120486

She continued, claiming she found “HOPE” after watching a young, African American bus boy hustling at his restaurant job while Bell was out to eat with her husband and sons. She complimented the teen through his manager, who later passed the praise on to him.

“It will be some time before I forget the smile that beamed across that young worker’s face — or the look in his eyes as we caught each other’s gaze,” Bell wrote. “I wonder how long it had been since someone told him he was special.”
>>
>>78120668

immediately, critics called her words racist and accused Bell of having a white savior complex. Two days later, the anchor removed the Facebook post and apologized. Seven days after that, on the same day as a meeting between the station management and the Pittsburgh Black Media Federation, the TV station fired her.

“WTAE has ended its relationship with anchor Wendy Bell,” read a statement from the station’s parent company, Hearst Television, reported thePittsburgh Post-Gazette. “Wendy’s recent comments on a WTAE Facebook page were inconsistent with the company’s ethics and journalistic standards.”
>>
>>78120484
Unlike south africa we have shit loads of guns and will soon have Trump in office.
>>
Fuck niggers, fuck this racist bs. They have the mental capacity of a 5 year old retard. Accept your culture and community sucks, ask nicely for help and we will attempt to bring sanity back to this nation.
>>
>>78120379
>perceived

Jesus Christ...
>>
> say that it's a tragedy that niggers were killed
> dats racis!
>>
idk I was mad but it's funny when you remember this is a dumb libtard who tried to fix black people
>>
>>78120486
How is this raciss? I can picture Sanders saying the same things.
>>
File: le media merchant.jpg (55 KB, 297x365) Image search: [Google]
le media merchant.jpg
55 KB, 297x365
bad goy!!! time to hire a good goy.
>>
>caring that niggers kill each other

Really? That's what you're going all in on? How about calling out the enormous amount of black on white crime.
>>
>>78120379

A question, wasn't she advertised as a black anchorwoman before she made those comments?
>>
White Guild Information Program
WGIP
brainwash
>>
File: 256345914.png (45 KB, 504x503) Image search: [Google]
256345914.png
45 KB, 504x503
>>78120379
so if she comes out tomorrow as pro nigger-nigger crime, she'll get her job back?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.