[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We discuss how local medias around the world are treati
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 16
File: dabooteh.jpg (40 KB, 200x154) Image search: [Google]
dabooteh.jpg
40 KB, 200x154
ITT: We discuss how local medias around the world are treating the Orlando shooting

How is your countrys mainstream media handling the shooting? Are they manipulating facts? Are they redpilled? How many times is Trump blamed & shamed?

Here in Filand there is a strong feeling of down playing going on. Also the manipulative nature of mainstream media is really showing.
Two main evening papers have their headline posters display large pictures of our politicians crying, not over the Orlando but not being chosen to lead their party for another term. Orlando is mentioned in a small bar of text. Other one even has the paper cover only display crying politicians and small box of text for Orlando. Other one has a larger full front of Orlando on the paper cover.
Our biggest "real news" outlet has 24h Coverage on Orlando. And to nobodys surprise they already have articles blaming & shaming Trump, Attacking right to own & buy guns, etc.

Media manipulating trumps words.
http://www.hs.fi/ulkomaat/a1465704305808
Headline literally cuts Trumps tweet from the middle & even changes the content. Translated "Trump on the shootings: "I appreciate the congrats for being right". "

This one is going for the fearmongering & "guilty until proven innocent" approach.
http://www.hs.fi/ulkomaat/a1465781680683
Headline translated: "Orlando massacre brings up a terrifying fact - Terror suspect allowed to purchase a firearm in the USA".
In short they do not even mention the fact that the guy was aquitted by the FBI of the suspicions & that he is a US citizen with same right as everyone else. In the article they even take their time to once more blame & shame Trump.
>>
Manipulating as fuck here, you will NEVER hear anyone blaming islam for anything, the medie is just using this shit to do some more faggot-rights propaganda as always.

"Poor fags poor lesbians we need to help them more" is all you'll hear.

Not very related but it gives a good idea of the media here in Italy, some days ago 2 cucks killed their girlfriends over some cuckolding shit, now the media not only is talking about "feminicide" literally every fucking day, but they want to tax people in order to get money and promote feminist propaganda in schools.

I am seriously thinking of starting a revolution
>>
>>77088029
Huge downplay in the UK. No mention of Islamic terrorism.
Briefly mentioned pledged allegiance to ISIS.
99% of coverage is that this is a gun control problem. Oh and a mental health problem.

But it's all about them evil assault rifles.
>>
>>77088029
>Watching BBC coverage this morning
>Some """EXPERT""" getting interviewed on his views
>Question asked to him was "Does Islam have an ingrained hatred of homosexuals?"
>Immediately starts talking about how """WHITE""" neo nazi's bombed the gay and black community in the 90's

The deflection is real

Islam dindu nufink
>>
>>77088029
Gun control problem
Homophobe
Killer "claimed" to be related to ISIS but no proofs to believe it
>>
anyone got nudes from molly moll ?
>>
Blaming it on Trump.
>>
>>77088029

>look on fb
>groaning under the weight of "FUCKING ISLAMOPHOBIA" "US GUN CULTURE STRIKES AGAIN" "THIS IS WHAT ITS ALWAYS LIKE FOR LGBT PEOPLE, EVERYTHING MURDERS US" posts
>>
>>77088029

i think our coverage is legit. they've shown an interview with his ex-wife and imam, and say links to ISIS are possible but not confirmed
>>
>>77088029
lots of faggots making a big deal about people not acknowledging this was a HOMOPHOBIC attack

like anyone really questioned that anyway?
>>
>>77089431
also the typical ban guns it worked here bullshit
>>
>>77089304
>having facebook

loving every laugh
>>
our news was actually alright this time. They talked about how he pledged allegiance to ISIS, and it was probably Islamic terrorism, they also then talked about muh gun control and muh mentally ill, but it was mostly accurate.
>>
I haven't seen anyone specifically pushing an agenda yet myself. Dailymail is OK http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3638438/Orlando-shooting-Controversial-anti-homosexual-sheikh-spoke-Florida-shooting-Australia.html
>>
>>77089236
What news are you watching. I was watching 9news
>>
>>77088029

state tv is downplaying the event ofcourse.
on their site just released an article where they're picturing him as a nutcase with no links to islamic terrorism whatsoever. their argument for not blaming islamic terrorism revolves around the 2014 FBI investigation

http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/buitenland/2.44714?eid=1.2681347

i don't know about the papers and commercial tv stations, i already pay enough to my isp to watch ads
>>
Barely mentioned ia the Israeli media. Two arabs made a shooting here as well.
>>
File: Untitled.png (684 KB, 1896x1008) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
684 KB, 1896x1008
>>
Why is the rest of the world hell bent on taking our guns away?
>>
>>77088326
We're still the least blue-pilled country in Europe. Fact is we don't really give a shit about muslims apart from not wanting mosque and other muslim shit because they're treated as a human joke here, like it should be.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 480x270
>>77089802
>>
>>77088029
>wow look at the faces of all these dead brown faggots
>so sad!
>america really should wisen up and ban their guns WOW
>>
>>77089803
>That gun article
It's simply wrong. According to the FBI, guns were used to commit 8k homicides last year, a far cry from 40k as claimed in that article. How come liberals don't talk about banning smoking which kills 440k people a year in the US alone instead?
>>
>>77088326
count me in on the revolutionary thing
>>
>>77090090
Tucked away in the article it actually mentions that 30 000 of the deaths were suicides and that mass shootings make up barely any deaths.
>>
Things seem to be I feared.
According to the posts so far the media is already working to manipulate the narrative to maximum extent.
I fear this massacre will end up under the rug very quickly, as the mainstream media is having harder & harder time trying to manipulate the narrative to the extent they want, thus they resort to just silencing & trivializing the event.

Also Bilderberg Conference 2016 was just held with no major coverage & this shit happening it has once more been the perfect political shadow meeting. Wonder what the shadow cabal has once more cooked up?
>>
>>77089572
Nah it was shit
First they acknowledge that "radicals" are all young Muslim males who are first or second gen immigrants, then
>gee we don't think there's any way to screen these terrorists
>HillAry says America should ban guns in response
>while TRUMP says that they should limit the amount of Muslim immigrants (haha what a joke right)
>terror attacks are a result of bad government relations with Muslim community, Muslims are retaliating
>luckily here in Australia our laws protect us from these violent disenfrachised
Fucking abc
>>
>>77089901
Theres nothing a slave hates more than a free man
>>
>>77088029

It´s the same everywhere in the Western world, there is nothing to discuss about it. There is an unholy global agreement how to treat situations like this in media.
>>
File: 1233.png (2 MB, 1560x1830) Image search: [Google]
1233.png
2 MB, 1560x1830
>>77090117
one person with will and competence can change the world forever
>>
Those lying fucks at the BBC are treating this obvious hoax seriously, as they normally do.

Boy, do they have a lot to answer for!
>>
>>77090283
>there is nothing to discuss about it
Of course there is my fellow Fingolian.
This conversation is not about the sensational surprise that it is happening, but how & on what scale.

>There is an unholy global agreement how to treat situations like this in media.
even more of a reason to discuss this and how much the reality correlates with this claim.

Do not give in to the scale of the problem.
>>
File: 1464477067486.jpg (43 KB, 429x360) Image search: [Google]
1464477067486.jpg
43 KB, 429x360
It was the top headline on our local news this evening. The news anchor said 'The man was born in America and lived in America', can't remember if they mentioned his Afghan parents or not. He said the man was known to the FBI. No mention of anything Muslim or ISIS related.

Then afterwards they had a huge piece on gun violence and why they need to ban guns in America asap.
>>
>>77090283
>Downplay Islamic terrorism
>Blame Trump and call for a gun ban
Yes, it's freaky how it's the same everywhere.
>>
>>77088029
They're talking about it like guns are the problem
>>
>>77090517
I would take great pleasure in stabbing Gregor Gysi a few dozen times.
>>
>>77091203
I'm curious, did they treat the Bataclan massacre as a gun problem in your country too?
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 934x625) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 934x625
>>77090666
>>77089999
>>
>>77091482
No, they just defended the poor muslims for it
>>
>>77088029
Filth Aus media blaming guns...
>>
>>77088326
The news actually said that 31% of victims of violence are women. Admitting that the large majority are thus men, and still had the nerve to push the feminicide epidemic right after.
Porco mondo.
>>
>>77088029
they only shill it on CNN rest of the networks only shown it once.
>>
Here, they call it in the headlines "a massacre", even though they mention its a terrorist act in articles. Also, a lot about gun laws and Trump supposedly "instrumentalizing" it to promote his campaign.
Just as expected.
>>
they don't give a fuck because football
>>
Despite its magnitude, it is not getting very much attention here. It was only in the headlines for a few hours yesterday.

Otherwise pretty standard stuff:

"The Orlando massacre was the bloodiest, but the list is long"

"The mass murderer was annoyed that men were kissing"

"Obama: The slaughter was done out of hatred"

"Putin, too expressed his condolences about the Orlando massacre"

"The attacker legally bought weapons days before the massacre"

"The homophobic attacker was a security guard, he had Muslim terrorist friends"
>>
>>77088029
They keep mentioning he's an American and didn't mention once he's a Muslim
>>
>>77088029
>surprised a shooting in the us doesn't make Finland news
>>
>>77088029

No mention of islamic terrorism
>hurr durr this will affect Oslo pride and proves that we are STILL not safe

How about you fucking stop voting SV, Rǿdt and AP then you fucking morons? They're the ones wanting to import muslims by the thousands.
>>
Pretty redpilled in Norway. Government news where quick to run with the story, made it a headline story and does not avoid the islamic connection.
>>
>>77088029
They don't seem to care all that much. We've got enough shit to deal with already, between the state of emergency, the protests, the strikes, the Euro, the supporters chimping out.
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 750x760) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 750x760
GIVE US THE TRUTH, MOUNTAINDANES
>>
>>77093082

Which paper are you reading? Because >>77092737 this was NRK
>>
>>77088029
Eh I'd d say it's pretty okay, mainstream media is pretty open about his ISIS connections and they call it a terrorist attack. People here won't care too much about this though because it's Murrica.
>>
>>77088029

The BBC cunts are squirming because the clearly Islamic and pro-ISIS nature of the shooter means they have to address it. Still trying to paint it as a mostly gun rights issue though.
>>
Like every other shooting in murica, short segment. Didn't cover up anything.
>>
>>77088029
For La Nación First and before hand they'd say he was homophobe, and then mention that's the work of the terrorist group ISIS

For Clarín, it's another burger mass shooting
>>
>>77094350
Tho, i think they didn't blame islam, but said he hated gays
>>
>>77088029
We got a 14 year old slitting the throat of another 14 year old for "being mean to him" so everyone is losing his shit about this
Tax reforms and pensions are top news as usual
Orlando comes third or second on most sites with everyone mentioning Muslim Extremism and ISIS on the title, so alright I guess
>>
>>77093452
http://www.vg.no/nyheter/utenriks/orlando-massakren/trump-orlando-er-bare-begynnelsen/a/23710334/
>>
>>77092239
When liberals use it to further their gun control agenda it's "the hard truth." When Trump says "this is why we need tougher immigration control" it's instrumentalizing a tragedy.

Liberals would be funny if they weren't so destructive
>>
They're just reporting what US media has reported. They did mention that he beat his ex wife, that he was a muslim and that ISIS took responsibility but Obama downplayed it.

>Atbildību par uzbrukumu uzņēmies radikālais džihādistu grupējums „Islāma valsts,” paziņoja ar to saistītā ziņu aģentūra „Amaq”. Arī FIB pavēstījis, ka slepkava brīdi pirms uzbrukuma esot zvanījis uz ārkārtas situāciju tālruni un paziņojis, ka ir grupējuma „Islāma valsts” sekotājs.

Radical jihadist goup "ISIS" has taken the responsibility for the attack in the affiliated news agency "Amaq". FBI stated that the murderer had called an emergency phoneline and and said that he supports ISIS shortly before the attack.

>Tomēr amatpersonas norāda, ka pagaidām nav pierādījumu, kas šo vai kādu citu ekstrēmistu grupējumu tieši saistītu ar asiņaino uzbrukumu.

That said, officials point out that there is no evidence that links this bloody attack directly to this or any other extremist group.
>>
File: Untitled.png (140 KB, 666x916) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
140 KB, 666x916
mfw the main news source here made Obama look incompetent while Trump asks him to step down

http://www.bharian.com.my/node/163742
>>
Too lazy to check the TV but I checked few sites and I'm not seeing anything about Trump or gun control.
Right now people care more about Euro 2016 than the shooting. The few articles I found called Omar a "Solider of the Caliphate" and that it was ISIS's doing
>>
>>77088326
>Manipulating as fuck here
Not really, they are blaming -islamic- terrorism. Hell even La Stampa (leftist newspaper) is. Of course they won't blame Islam directly, that's a link that should be realized by the reader rather than spoonfed by the papers anyways. They aren't claiming lack of gun laws did this, nor that it was white racism against gays or some other similar bullshit.
We're not at that level yet. It's just a matter of time though as feminism is spreading rather than being the norm.
>>
>>77095728
Arent you Sunnis?
>>
File: 20160613_072540.jpg (993 KB, 1406x2500) Image search: [Google]
20160613_072540.jpg
993 KB, 1406x2500
fair journalism, nothing on trump
>>
>>77096353

Almost all
>>
Pretty normal shit I think but there's bound to be many articles about gun control as that's our media's favorite topic to get all high and mighty about.
>>
>>77096694
Do you stone gays?
>>
File: Sane posting.png (26 KB, 389x608) Image search: [Google]
Sane posting.png
26 KB, 389x608
>>77088029
>>77088326
>>77088520
>>77088814
>>77089236
>>77089431
>>77089679
>>
File: Youhavenopowerhere.png (349 KB, 460x331) Image search: [Google]
Youhavenopowerhere.png
349 KB, 460x331
>>77097027
>All of them
>>
Typical whiny "poor LGBTQWERTY 'community' stuff. Nothing about Island, nothing about terrorism. They're lighting up the Auckland Sky Tower in fag flag colours. Where's a G-d-damned plane hijacker when you need one?
>>
>>77096884

Gays no, we only throw them in prison if they're Muslim (if you're not, knock yourself out). We leave that for people worse than gays, women.

=.=
>>
>>77097840
How peaceful and tolerant!
>>
They don't shy away from mentioning terrorism and radical islam/islamic state. No mentions of trump and banning guns.
>>
>>77097840
That's a pity. So many social problems could be solved with a good stoning.
>>
File: hqdefault (5).jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (5).jpg
26 KB, 480x360
>>77088326

>I am seriously thinking of starting a revolution

STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM! YOU VIOLATED THE LAW! PAY THE COURT A FINE OR SERVE YOUR SENTENCE
>>
I'm from Florida and they were going to call it "An act of terrorism" then found out he was a Muslim and stopped calling it terrorism but just a mass shooting. Also, blood donations in my area have skyrocketed and it makes me sick. People are only donating now because the gays got shot. No one gave a fuck before and everyone is pushing for it. I donate blood, platelets and plasma but this is disgusting because they are only doing it for the bandwagon.
>>
Germany:
Some dude with islamic ties, but it's about homophobia and gun control.
>>
File: 1462055479125.gif (89 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1462055479125.gif
89 KB, 256x256
>>77099007

Not only that but they're letting gays donate blood :^)

Don't worry, bug chasing is just a myth :^)
>>
>>77088520
>But it's all about them evil assault rifles.

#notallgunowners
>>
File: Untitled.png (44 KB, 760x572) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
44 KB, 760x572
>>77098126

We're so close to becoming a good moderate Muslim country, but these guys. Sigh.

Just by the name of the party you know what they want.
>>
>>77088326
>I am seriously thinking of starting a revolution
same here count me in pizza-bro
>>
>>77100952
You are decades too late greek bro, but I will still support you if you decide to to do it.
>>
>>77088029
Based nick.
>>
>>77088029
I don't know what happened - I just heard around TV the keywords " Islam " " ISIS " " Terrorism " and something very amusing - that FBI interrogated the terrorist two times before this happened... and shit still happened, very comical America.

Guess you need more civilian surveillance and less freedom, amirite?
>>
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/politics/orlando-religion-anti-gay-bigotry-1.3631994

Its not just muslims, religion is evil and homophobic in general and has no place in modern society. Also a reminder to white men to check their privilege because of 20 year old shooting of some women.
>>
One article says that he had ties to isis and shit and nothing about trump and gun control but there are others that talk about US having shit gun control so i guess it depends where you look over here
>>
>>77088029
It was funny here. Our major TV network reported it as a mass shooting for hours. Then, the opening news in prime time (at 8pm) had TERRORISM in huge fonts on the bottom of the screen with a fear mongering initial segment. The next segment was done in the afternoon and still talked about mass shooting lol

After that, they ignored and proceed to talk about Euro 2016 lol
>>
File: Zoom_AL_80_251720121120145734.jpg (53 KB, 600x462) Image search: [Google]
Zoom_AL_80_251720121120145734.jpg
53 KB, 600x462
>>77088520
in Canada it's the same reaction.

Downplaying. CBC, the state-funded media machine, didn't have any mention of islam, muslim, islamism, extremism, ISIS, ISIL, etc in any of their articles as of 18:00 GMT-5 last night.

There was a mention, however, that this has reinvigorated the "gun-control issue"

fucking canada man.
>>
One of our major newspapers:
https://www.publico.pt/mundo/noticia/tiroteio-em-discoteca-gay-na-florida-1734857

Quotes Obama, calling it an "act of terror and hate", mentions it is being investigated as an act of terrorism, shows the reactions of both Trump and Hillary, does not forget to link it with the ISIS, quotes the father of the terrorist claiming it was not about religion, talks about people donating blood and has 3 lines on the fact that guns have killed 5800 people this year (and nothing more). Pretty fair, desu.
>>
>>77103976
The major difference is that there are only 3 articles on this and titles and imagery related to it only occupy like 1/5 of the screen, instead of the 20 articles and the whole screen being occupied by images of worried women/children or of people crying for the French and Belgian attacks. So yes, it is being downplayed.
>>
Florda here, I was too busy as a florida man wrestiling gators and cleaning my swamp.
But seriously I pretty much saw a mix of "the media is using Islam to spin it their way" an truth
>>
>>77088029
Our news literally had more coverage for our soccer team then for the event.

The fact that he was an islamist wasn't even mentioned
>>
>>77104276
How does it look on the ground? Doe sit look like a swing for Trump this time?
>>
>>77089679
Went on hln website(shit newspaper) to check the articles. Seem like alot of comments were deleted since a few hours ago. But basically the majority was blaming guns and trump.

Belgians, when something goes wrong in the world: blame america, trump.

When something goes wrong in Belgium, blame NVA (right party).
>>
I don't know anything about my own media and my own country

what I do know is that trump was right about terrorism but liberals are trying to cover that up and turn it into a loss with outrage over how they found his tweet insensitive

liberal outrage won't stop terrorist attacks
>>
>Canadian news
>All attacks on race, gender, skin color are fueled by hate
>We need to love eachother more
>Specifically mention Sandy Hook and Charlestown
>Female newscaster has a concerned look on her face
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.