[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Elon Musk believes we live in a virtual-reality universe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70
File: computer.jpg (80 KB, 506x506) Image search: [Google]
computer.jpg
80 KB, 506x506
Source here: https://archive.is/A3uD7

We DEFINITELY live in a virtual-reality universe. Time slows down near black holes, this is to preserve the processing power needed to keep this virtual-reality universe in existence. Furthermore, quantum physics has proven that things don't exist in the way that we observe them UNTIL we observe them. So in other words, EVERYTHING is energetic wave-form information UNTIL we observe it. This is so that this universe doesn't have to be rendered every second for every observer (human or otherwise). It preserves processing power.
>>
>>>/x/

Wait.

That flag.
>>
File: straya.png (85 KB, 361x333) Image search: [Google]
straya.png
85 KB, 361x333
>>
>>75864724

>Furthermore, quantum physics has proven that things don't exist in the way that we observe them UNTIL we observe them. So in other words, EVERYTHING is energetic wave-form information UNTIL we observe it. This is so that this universe doesn't have to be rendered every second for every observer (human or otherwise). It preserves processing power.

In order to observe something it doesnt mean just opening your eye. To observe these things that reportedly change under observation - you have to INTERACT with it. You have to fire particles at it - thus changing the result.

Common misunderstanding.
>>
>>75864724
Read the Holographic Universe by Talbot.

The universe is essentially a hologram and the brain is a tool that deciphers it.
>>
>>75864724
WE WUZ WAVEFORMS N PARTICLES N QUANTUM ENIGMAS N SHIET.
>>
>>75864724
>Time slows down near black holes, this is to preserve the processing power needed to keep this virtual-reality universe in existence

hurrr

>quantum physics has proven that things don't exist in the way that we observe them UNTIL we observe them

more that we are shit at measuring particles and waves

>EVERYTHING is energetic wave-form information UNTIL we observe it

what kind of reasoning is this
>>
>>75864724
How the hell is that a motherboard? PCB engineer here.

And the truth is that nobody knows shit about the universe. Nobody. Claiming that you have a one true answer makes you a fanatic and a lunatic.
>>
>>75864724
If we live in a virtual reality, why do I spent 8 hours a day masturbating as a NEET? Shouldn't I be out there like GTA or something?
>>
File: truth-of-max-payne.jpg (79 KB, 800x495) Image search: [Google]
truth-of-max-payne.jpg
79 KB, 800x495
WE WUZ
VIDYA GAEM CHARACTERS
AN SHIEET
>>
File: 1464641508281.png (12 KB, 246x200) Image search: [Google]
1464641508281.png
12 KB, 246x200
>>75864724
FUCKIN REEEEEEEEEEEEEANGE BAN AUSTRALIA FUCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>75864927
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2Xsp4FRgas
related
>>
>>75864724
if we lived in a virtual reality then the game would have been over when Hitler died
>>
>>75864924
>more that we are shit at measuring particles and waves
Nah, see double slit experiment.
>>
File: universalform.jpg (237 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
universalform.jpg
237 KB, 600x750
>>75864912

I own the book The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot and I have read all of it. The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot is my favourite book of all time. What we call 'reality' is holographic in nature, so we are in fact smaller versions of the whole (which you can call 'God', if you want). Every part of the whole contains the whole and, to be more accurate, IS the whole. And just as a drop of water contains the same qualities as an entire ocean of water, we likewise contain all that exists within us - but merely on a smaller scale.

"To see a world in a grain of sand
And a heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour." - William Blake

Not only did our ancestors know about the holographic nature of 'reality', but there is also scientific evidence for the holographic nature of 'reality'.

"That is whole, this is whole.
From that wholeness, this wholeness comes.
Add the whole to the whole and the whole still remains.
Remove the whole from the whole and the whole still remains.
The whole remains the whole." - Isha Upanishad

"Know the world is a mirror from head to foot,
In every atom a hundred blazing suns.
If you cleave the heart of one drop of water,
A hundred pure oceans emerge from it.
If you examine closely each grain of sand,
A thousand Adams may be seen in it.
In its members a gnat is like an elephant;
In its qualities a drop of rain is like the Nile.
The heart of a barley-corn equals a hundred harvests,
A world dwells in the heart of a millet seed.
In the wing of a gnat is the ocean of life,
In the pupil of the eye a heaven;
What though the grain of the heart be small,
It is a station for the Lord of both worlds to dwell therein." - Mahmud Shabstari
>>
>This is so that this universe doesn't have to be rendered every second for every observer (human or otherwise). It preserves processing power.

Keeping perfect information about a quantum state takes much more memory than a classical state. Take a bit and it's quantum variation as the most simple example. Classical bit has only two possible values and so you only need a bit to store it. Quantum bit has infinitely many possible states needing infinite classical memory to store general quantum bit perfectly. Quantum mechanics is in no way nature's way to compress information.
>>
T-that flag....
>>
>>75865017
The game did end

Reality is waiting for someone to get a new high score

Kek wills it
>>
Did you know c is a hard limit because going faster than it would allow us to mess with the integrity of the data distributed between the different computers simulating us? Did you know the planck length is a pixel and the planck time corresponds to each tick of our simulation?
>>
https://www.sott.net/article/301611-Living-in-the-Matrix-Physicist-finds-computer-code-embedded-in-string-theory

inb4 "Hurr, he's a nigger."
>>
I am waiting for the game to be over. Take me off this fucking ride.
>>
This is the real red pill

don't let them slide this with their flat earth BS
>>
>>75865521

This. Earth is NOT flat, it's hollow.
>>
>>75865017
Someone forgot to quit the game and left it running.
>>
>>75864778

As much as I hate to admit it, he is right. I have seen some glitches in my life that proves even real life can fail sometimes.

Sounds crazy right?
>>
File: earthchoices.png (788 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
earthchoices.png
788 KB, 1000x563
>>75865566

I'm going to tell you about a concept that I call 'conspiracy misdirection'. It's basically a type of misinformation/disinformation. Conspiracy misdirection is what happens when a conspiracy theory is propagated that is considered to be the truth about whatever that conspiracy theory is about, but actually is NOT the truth and hides an even GREATER conspiracy that is TRUE (and thus NOT a 'theory'). One of the MAJOR techniques that intelligence agencies such as the CIA, MI5, the Mossad, etc. use to deceive us is conspiracy misdirection, which is to make certain conspiracy theories popular in mainstream society that are used to push us further away from the truth. I'll give you an example: They'll tell us that the Apollo 11 Moon landing never happened, although I think that what most likely happened is that the Apollo 11 Moon landing not only happened, but they found more than they bargained for on the Moon like artifacts and ruins which CONFIRM that we are NOT alone in the universe. Eventually, we might have even been warned to never come back - which might explain why we've never gone back to the Moon since 1972. Even if we weren't warned to never return to the Moon, we DID land on the Moon and found WORKS OF INTELLIGENCE on it. I am UTTERLY CONVINCED that people on the NASA payroll are promoting the 'Moon hoax' conspiracy theory to push people further from the possibility that beings (possibly even ancient HUMAN beings) landed on the Moon a long time ago and built stuff there. The 'Moon hoax' theory might have even been CREATED by NASA employees. COME ON people, THINK. What do you think is the more paradigm-shattering secret?: The possibility that we DIDN'T land on the Moon or the possibility that we DID land on the Moon and found artificial stuff there? OBVIOUSLY it's the second possibility. (end of part 1)
>>
>>75865658

(start of part 2) You see, the REAL reason why the second possibility is being hidden from us is NOT because a loving government wants to prevent mass panic (that's just the cover story), but because they want to prevent us from asking 'too many' questions. If it were confirmed that we DID land on the Moon and found artificial stuff there but were lied to about such a historic discovery, then people (and LOTS of them) WOULD ask more questions about what else they've been lied to about. They'd say "Well, they lied to us about that, so what ELSE have they lied to us about? The origin and history of the human species? The pharmaceutical industry? Free energy? The banking industry?" It opens the door to EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING. And THAT'S why the 'Moon hoax' theory is FIERCELY promoted, while most people have almost NEVER heard of that second possibility (and, more worryingly, probably haven't even THOUGHT ABOUT IT). Another example of conspiracy misdirection is the sudden popularity of the Flat Earth theory. The sudden popularity of the Flat Earth theory is a CIA psyop designed to divide and distract people from the TRUE nature of Earth, which is that Earth is HOLLOW. Earth's crust is about 800 miles thick and there is a 'sun' at Earth's centre (which is actually a nuclear fission reactor) which is about 650 miles in diameter and the distance between a dweller in the Inner Earth world and their inner central 'sun' is only about 2,900 miles. (end of part 2)
>>
>>75865685

(start of part 3) Okay, this is a shorter version of what conspiracy misdirection is for people that don't like reading lots of text: Conspiracy misdirection is when a false conspiracy theory is used to hide a true conspiracy theory that has even more far-reaching implications than the false conspiracy theory. (end)
>>
>>75865017
When Hitler died, player who controlled Germany ragequit and now its controlled by some stupid AI
>>
>>75864724
this is /x/, but damn son, that is legit creepy.

>>75864912
explain cows. do they see grass and nothing else. how complex or simple must a brain be to observe?
>>
>>75865566
Not only is it hollow, but the entrance to the hollow earth is in Antarctica.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/antarctica/antartica11.htm

"Dönitz (16 September 1891 b 24 December 1980) had become Commander of the German Kriegsmarine (Navy), on 31 January 1943 and he led the German U-Boat fleet until the end of the Second World War. He also has the distinction of briefly becoming head of the German state for 20 days after Hitler’s death until his own capture by the Allies on 23 May 1945. His contribution to the mystery of post-war Antarctic activity came in a statement he made in 1943 when he declared that a substantial portion of the German submarine fleet had rebuilt “in another part of the world a Shangri-La land... an impregnable fortress.”"

Many Nazis fled there after the war, which led to the hastily assembled 'Operation Highjump,' a failed mix between expedition and invasion of the interior earth by the USA. This can be read about in the above link.
>>
>>75865646

>Sounds crazy right?

No.
>>
>>75865646
You're stupid and so is OP
>>
>>75865098
Ah ok I remember you now, you also like Graham Hancock? I like your threads, lad.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 435x359) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 435x359
>>75864724
>quantum physics has proven that things don't exist in the way that we observe them UNTIL we observe them

And trash.

Back to /x/
>>
Really just some DMT is all you need to confirm this for yourself
>>
>>75864907

no it literally means to observe

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncertainty_principle

The more precisely you calculate one aspect of an event, the less precise your values for other events will be
>>
>>75865914
You have never seen glitches?
>>
>>75864724

yeah, that's the problem with the double slit experiment. or quantum entanglement. or what 'atomic energy' is, or whatever it is called, the force that keeps the atomic core together. or the power that keeps atoms from touching each other. I'm thirsty for answer one these things.

I want to see what else will be discovered. but I doubt that anyone is ever gonna tell anything when they actually find something.
>>
>>75864724
May the great user ctrl-alt-delete this fucking universe into oblivion. Seriously fuck this gay universe.
>>
>>75864724
Does it change anything to our lifes though ?
>>
And judging by the re-use of artistic assets it must be published by Activision-Blizzard.
>>
>>75864724
>WE WUZ COMPUTAHS N SHEEEEIT
>>
>>75865814

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, the Flat Earth conspiracy theory is being used to hide the Hollow Earth theory so that mainstream plebs never think about it. I know that the Flat Earth theory is a misdirection, because the Flat Earth theory become VERY popular starting from sometime last year OUT OF NOWHERE. There has NEVER been ANY convincing evidence of the Flat Earth theory (even when it suddenly become popular last year). Earth is hollow. As someone who has intensely researched the Hollow Earth theory for almost a decade, there is a VAST amount of evidence for the Hollow Earth theory - scientific evidence, mathematical evidence and even evidence from many ancient myths in many different parts of the world in many different periods of time throughout human history. Consider this: How come the Hollow Earth theory almost NEVER gets mentioned as an alternative to the Round Earth 'theory'? The mainstream media is pushing the Round Earth vs. Flat Earth narrative and pretty much NEVER mentioning the Hollow Earth theory. Does that not seem suspicious to you?
>>
File: 1447614777840.jpg (115 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1447614777840.jpg
115 KB, 900x900
REALLY MAKES YOU THINK...
>>
>>75865963
you are retard
this is a well known and accepted fact in the scientific community
here's your proof:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C5pq7W5yRM
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1mr9ZTZb3TViAqtowpvZy5PZpn-MoSK_
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOv8zYla1wY
>>
>>75864724
>proven that things don't exist in the way that we observe them UNTIL we observe them

dumb
>>
>>75865936

>Ah ok I remember you now, you also like Graham Hancock?

Yes, I'm a big fan of Graham Hancock. And Michael Cremo.

>I like your threads, lad.

Thanks, Based Hong Konger.
>>
>>75865983
No. Observation involves interaction. Stop spewing dumbassery.
Literally from your source
>called the observer effect, which notes that measurements of certain systems cannot be made without affecting the systems.

Hurr Durr Hurr
>>>/x/
>>
>>75866197
watch these >>75866173
>>
>>75866085
Correct. You're good at seeing past the crap. All the flat earth shilling is to divert from the truth.

Antarctica is a no fly zone, countless nations from around the globe have agreed to this. Why? Because the interior earth has warned us that they are prepared to wage war if we come knocking again.
>>
>>75866085
why can't the earth be round AND hollow?
>>
I woke up this morning in a cemetery. It really made me think. And then i got drunk.
>>
>>75866275
photons -> your eye

interaction
>>
File: Crazycience.jpg (13 KB, 236x353) Image search: [Google]
Crazycience.jpg
13 KB, 236x353
>>75865963
Nice an comfy right?
Sorry faggot but Tesla agrees
>>
>>75864724
Physics with /pol/. As bad as it sounds.
>>
pepperoni pizza gold !;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!
>>
>>75866367
alredy debunked:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOv8zYla1wY
>>
>>75864724
RREEEEEE WHAT THE FUCK IS MY PLAYER DOING WITH MY LIFE GET A JOB YOU FUCKING LOSER STOP MAKING MY LIFE MISERABLE TURN THE COMPUTER OFF DELETE ME JUST END IT ALL REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>75864724
>he listens to what Satan has to say
kill yourself deshumanized cuck
>>
>>75866068
hahahaha m8
>>
>>75866275
what you may know as the "observer effect" isn't the same thing as the uncertainty principle, which is what quantum physics refers to when it talks about "observers"

>Stop spewing dumbassery

I just finished the 2nd year of my physics degree, so I'm more qualified to talk about this shit than 95% of /pol/
>>
>>75864724
>quantum physics has proven that things don't exist in the way that we observe them UNTIL we observe
Jesus fuck whoever first used the word "observe" to describe this was an idiot.
"Observe" here means "interact with" or "take a measurement of"
Basically, when you bump into something, it stops doing what it was doing before you bumped into it.
>>
>>75866447
Your senses are measuring devices you dumb slav
>>
I don't care I just want to get laid
>>
>>75865997
Greentext it faggot
>>
It's funny how atheists will go on about 'muh sky fairy' when talking to Christians yet they believe retarded shit like this.
>>
>>
>Elon Musk's you can't prove it, therefore it's real argument

This is about as trash as those clockwork universe arguments from 2 centuries ago.
>>
File: image.jpg (246 KB, 800x597) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
246 KB, 800x597
>>
You are correct. We do live in a holographic universe. The universe is a just an illusion. We cannot go out into space due to the firmament (van allen belt). Our souls are trapped in this flat earth dome. The only way to escape is to avoid the tunnel of light after death. If you go into the light, your memory is erased and you are reborn. Reincarnation is real. All religions are false. The true creator is the mother goddess of Orion. Enter the void. Kill the light.

Read www.wespenre.com , level 4 especially
>>
>>75866326

I don't think that the Inner Earth inhabitants seek to wage war, my understanding is that they are very peaceful but, at the same time, they will NEVER take shit from us. The Inner Earth inhabitants are most likely the pilots of the UFOs that have flown over military bases containing nuclear weapons only for those nuclear weapons to be disabled shortly afterward. Extraterrestrials have no vested interest in disabling our nuclear weapons, but the Inner Earth inhabitants DO because it's THEIR PLANET TOO.
>>
>>75866498
You're the equivalent of the pompous moron who posts in threads about China or Syria with an air of self-granted authority because they've taken a few intro classes on international relations theory. Fuck off cunt.
>>
>>75865983

No, what he's saying is right. In the most common, everyday example, simply seeing an object requires light to bounce off of it - which is an interaction.

You literally cannot see something without fucking with it with light just so its signature can be returned to your retina.
>>
>quantum mechanics preserves processing power

What?

Quantum systems are waaaaay harder to compute than classical systems.
>>
>>75866815
flat earth is CIA lies

fuck off CIA
>>
File: 1464829637824.jpg (38 KB, 480x472) Image search: [Google]
1464829637824.jpg
38 KB, 480x472
Nice to know even billionaires can read a semi-interesting science piece and extrude a stupid, incorrect, personal bullshit version from it.

They're just like us!
>>
>>75864986
that was great video.
>>
>>75866875
They only have to be computed when measured
>>
>>75866678
Scizophrenia
>>
>>75864724
i"ve been programmed to shitpost?
>>
>>75866604
are you dumb? listen to what it says
>>
>>75866846

He insulted me and I responded

It is right for someone who is actually qualified to take questions rather than people who get their information from youtube videos and seedy websites
>>
>>75866815

Then why doesn't anyone have memory of past life? Obviously your memory gets wiped if you do reincarnate.
>>
>>75867070
You pay 10 5th dimensional dollars a month to play this 3d meme simulator
>>
Wouldn't we experience screen door effect? Also what would be the point?
>>
>>75866952

No story then?
>>
File: Super get.gif (437 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Super get.gif
437 KB, 400x400
>>75866888
>66888
nice full house m8
>>
>>75865767
>that is legit creepy
What's creepy? That our logic that evolved to fit in a practical world isn't quite fit to understand relativistic or quantum phenomenons?
>>
Yo, dude.

*puffs joint*

What if, like--what if

*eyes redden*

Like, what IF

*gets munchies*

Reality is... not real

*overdoses on marijuana*
>>
File: hollowearth.png (27 KB, 892x686) Image search: [Google]
hollowearth.png
27 KB, 892x686
>>75866815

Fuck off, shill. Earth is HOLLOW. Here's a diagram I made of Earth. Because Earth is hollow, the surface of the Inner Earth world has a curvature that goes upward so that you can actually see land in the sky.
>>
>>75864724
Holy shit, OP. My mind is fucking blown. I'm literally literally shaking.

>>75865405
Holy fuuuuuuuck.
>>
>>75866498
I'm working on a PhD in astrophysics and you are a fucking dumbshit. have fun failing upper level physics courses
>>
>>75867256

>*overdoses on marijuana*

Americoon retard detected. It is LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE to overdose on cannabis.
>>
>>75866326

>has flown over Antarctica

>has been to Antarctica for his doctors thesis
>>
>>75865405
>>75867299
string theory is literally wire mesh graphics.

we must go deeper
>>
>>75867376
Excuse you, but I had a relative that injected too many marijuanas and died.
>>
>>75867286
so why is the Earth not blown apart by the radiation pressure from the nuclear fusion? Why don't we see massive radiation jets coming from the poles? Why do we know that the center of the Earth isn't 10 MILLION kelvin?
Have you thought about this for a second?
>>
>>75867370
What are your thoughts on all this jazz? Post timestamped photo of master's degree?
>>
>>75867376
so tired of these pro cannabis retards
>>
>>75867370

How are your Common Core astrophysics classes going, Americoon?
>>
A classical system is described by 3 position and 3 momentum variables.

A quantum system needs a discritized grids with position and momentum operators constructed in a grid representation at each of those points. Its exponentially harder.
>>
File: 1444443766861.jpg (60 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1444443766861.jpg
60 KB, 640x480
>>75864724
>be able to simulate universe
>have limited simulation power
>decide to make only conscious beings horny as fuck so they multiply and take away your limited processing power
>>
>>75867558

So tired of these pro-cancer retards. Enjoy your cancer, Americoon.
>>
>>75864927
Rawr
>>
>>75867533
It's fission at the core, not fusion.
>>
>>75866952
Mental illness
>>
The idea that general relativity's time dilation is caused by the processors that run our simulation reaching their computation limits is one that is parroted all the time by people very new to philosophy, and who only go as far as saying "hey bro cool idea!" instead of actually trying to flesh out their ideas.
>>
>>75866604
the only thing you use your sense in this experiment are the results your measuring device yields you are not observing the actual experiment
>>
>>75867484
A whole village in Bulgaria died once from cannabis poisoning.
>>
>>75867418
So, how was the hole?
>>
>>75867533

>Why don't we see massive radiation jets coming from the poles?

The Aurora Borealis and the Aurora Australis is actually due to the light of the 'sun' at Earth's centre being released from the polar openings.
>>
>>75864724
Holy fuck, how many times does it need to be explained to you dickheads.

A computer simulated universe CAN NOT PHYSICALLY EXIST.

The square root of 2 literally proves this.

The square root of 2 can not be calculated to any finite number of decimal places, humans can calculate it indefinitely. for the universe to be a simulation, the square root of 2 would not be able to exist, since there can not exist an infinite amount of bytes able to represent Sqrt 2 to infinite decimal places, it's just not possible.

Jesus FUCK you retards make me mad.
>>
>>75864907
Your only half correct here, as there are some experiments that require you only to watch the process and it's enough to skew the results. This is because it's really all 1 sense, touch. Light provides unbroken channels of information exchange beyond the mere visual.
>>
>>75866334
Because then we would be able to see the elephant carrying it. Anyway, the virtual reality idea that OP mentioned would make sense to some extent. Though at the same time, we more than likely lack enough comprehension of physics and the nature of the universe to actually know whether or not that is true. For example if we are in a virtual reality, then what physics does the world where the computer simulating everything follow?
>>
>>75865685
Thanks m8
Tell us more plz
>>
>>75864724
dont forget that according to quantum mechanics nearly everything seemingly continuous in the universe has a "resolution" of some sorts (i.e. time, energy, space), which is what one would expect to find in a simulation. Of course this proves nothing, but makes you think nonetheless.
>>
>>75867535
Master's comes with PhD. sorry weedman, have to take my word for it.

simulation is a fun idea but it is literally impossible to test or prove. the stuff about quantum mechanics in this thread is classic people not understanding the uncertainty principle or the observer effect.

hollow earth is top tier pants on head crazy. like the diagram posted earlier has so many flaws.
-why doesnt the nuclear reactor exert crazy amounts of pressure on the interior of the earth?
-why don't we see radiation escaping from these 'holes' at the poles?
-why don't we notice an incredible heat source only 5000km or so beneath our feet?
-how could people live on the inside of the surface when there is clearly a center of mass at the Earth's center? Do they posses anti-gravity tech?

could keep going on. Just think about this stuff for a little bit and it defeats itself

>>75867579
evidently better than your lectures from Dr. Abo m8
>>
>>75867807
misreading on my part, but it doesn't make it better. fission releases an incredible amount of energy as well, that's what atom bombs do. Same problem.
>>
>>75868001
therefore it must be simulatied in a mind that is infinite = god
>>
File: antartica36_06.jpg (76 KB, 796x596) Image search: [Google]
antartica36_06.jpg
76 KB, 796x596
>>75868001
fractal algorithms you idiot
>>
>>75866085
The main stream media isn't mentioning flat earth theory it's fucking idiots on websites like this
>>
File: 1452282246921.jpg (13 KB, 500x259) Image search: [Google]
1452282246921.jpg
13 KB, 500x259
>>75864986
>tfw we are the space age civilization who are being anal probed by a race of intergalactic nazi mushrooms in stellaris
>>
He said its one in a billion chance
>>
File: volcano.jpg (141 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
volcano.jpg
141 KB, 1920x1080
>>75868117
>why don't we notice an incredible heat source only 5000km or so beneath our fee
>>
File: 1443732792081.jpg (34 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1443732792081.jpg
34 KB, 400x388
Imagine if you die and then wake up in your room along with your VR station you're sitting in.

I would let out a sigh of relief.
>>
>>75864724
>We DEFINITELY live in a virtual-reality universe
Even if his arguments were true, that wouldn't mean we DEFINITELY live in a virtual-reality universe.
He's simply applying the same logic that religious people apply. He makes a conclusion, with very limited information.

It is an option that can't be directly dismissed, but it's just one of many hypothesis.

One argument for the simulation theory is that we will eventually have the processing power necessary to create simulated universes, and if a civilization is interested in creating simulated realitities, the number of simulated people would far exceed the number of real individuals. In other words, most conscious beings in whatever you call reality, would be simulated people, and not real people.

An argument against the theory is that each simulated universe would reach a point where they created their own simulated universes, which in the end would mean that the exponential processing power required to create universes within universes, would shut down the entire system. This means that the simulation would end when we started to make our own simulations.

Another argument is that we're a kind of virtual reality simulation of the past for an advanced civilization, and that we're essentially avatars. This would mean that every person actually exists in the real world millions of years into the future (which is the actual present), almost like in The Matrix.

Some also believe we're going to be the originators, and if our civilization survives long enough, we're going to be the first people to create simulations.

I don't actually believe any of this, but those are some of the current theories.
>>
>>75867976
>The Aurora Borealis and the Aurora Australis is actually due to the light of the 'sun' at Earth's centre being released from the polar openings.
...except if we take a spectrum of them we clearly see that it is made up of constituents in our own atmosphere. electrons in atoms in the atmosphere are excited, fall down to lower energy states and give off specific photons.
>>
>>75868326
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szzVlQ653as related
>>
>>75867484
my mom overdosed from hooping to much of the weed.
>>
>>75868314

He was saying that it's a one in a billion chance that we DON'T live in a simulated universe.
>>
>>75865658
>>75865685
You sound more batshit insane than the flat earthers and moon landing hoaxers
>>
File: ACID_1384284888.jpg (998 KB, 1264x1037) Image search: [Google]
ACID_1384284888.jpg
998 KB, 1264x1037
>>75868326
more like you die and try to get back in the human form because of your curiosity about the universe but the curiosity is a trick and existence is a lie
>>
>>75867558
you are the true cuck. muh religion/gov/employer says its bad, so no one should be allowed to do it.

fucking pleb robot.
>>
>>75868320
>lava
is only like 1000-5000 K at most.
>>
Elon Musk is a retard.

Simuniverse is just the icing on the cake, let's not forget that this fucking imbecile unironically believes in the Sentient AI meme.

A fucking 12 year old could tell you that neither of these are possible, hypothetically or physically.
>>
File: neuron-1nhr65r.jpg (58 KB, 590x334) Image search: [Google]
neuron-1nhr65r.jpg
58 KB, 590x334
Too bad you /x/philes are quicker to accept "thuh matricks" than you are a more obvious truth.

We are living in God's brain as figments of His imagination. The universe and its rules are set the way He wants them. Free will and determinism are compatible because we live so many orders of magnitude below His reality.
>>
>>75868374
The only way Bostrom's simulation argument works is if you assume that civilisations will eventually create relatively accurate ANCESTOR simulations. You've got it very muddled son.
>>
>>75868117

>how could people live on the inside of the surface when there is clearly a center of mass at the Earth's center?

Because the 'sun' at Earth's centre emits repulsive gravity. Contrary to popular belief, gravity is not only attractive but also repulsive. Earth's Inner Sun pushes the Inner Earth inhabitants away from it.
>>
>>75868624
Fails the solomonov induction, faggot.
>>
>>75865646

how do unlock gf?
>>
File: image.gif (864 KB, 160x270) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
864 KB, 160x270
>>75866498
>3rd year physics student

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>75868577
You seem to be quite knowledgeable on this subject. Please tell me how a simulated universe and sentient AI aren't possible.
>>
File: spider5.jpg (51 KB, 637x624) Image search: [Google]
spider5.jpg
51 KB, 637x624
>>75864724
>australian intellectual
>>
>Some rich dude says that it's possible that a scientific theory might be true or not

Why the fuck is this news ?
>>
So if that's true are there certain people who are not even real and disappear completely the moment no one is looking at them?
Are we all like that?

Like right now I am at my computer. I can see my hands but not my feet or my face. Am I just a floating pair of hands right now?
>>
>>75868700
Be good looking and not Canadian
>>
>>75868758
No because I can see you from across the street.
>>
>>75868624
>Because the 'sun' at Earth's centre emits repulsive gravity.
and there we have it. you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
What evidence have you found to back up this claim? What experiments have you conducted to confirm this? Why haven't you published this REVOLUTIONARY IDEA that would CHANGE EVERYTHING
>>
File: 1 (8).jpg (135 KB, 678x445) Image search: [Google]
1 (8).jpg
135 KB, 678x445
>>75868763
I think you got the wrong idea, my canuckolded friend.
>>
File: AU.jpg (302 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
AU.jpg
302 KB, 640x640
>>75864724
>>75864778
>>
File: L6QbOmv.png (29 KB, 482x573) Image search: [Google]
L6QbOmv.png
29 KB, 482x573
>>75868700

k
>>
File: evil-agent-smith.jpg (16 KB, 450x281) Image search: [Google]
evil-agent-smith.jpg
16 KB, 450x281
>>75864778
agent smith pls go
>>
File: 1444329667707.gif (975 KB, 250x227) Image search: [Google]
1444329667707.gif
975 KB, 250x227
>>75864724
>Some very advanced civilization makes a MMO RPG where you can live a life of an alien in a complete simulation of the universe
>Entity that controls Elon Musk ordered him to tell the truth
>When you're thinking about it, your player is teases you with truth.
>My player ordered me to type this shit out
2spoopy bros.
>>
>>75868117
Does this explain why the speed of light is constant in all inertial frames of reference?

[spoiler]simpleton's terms: a bus driving down the road with a lightbulb in the middle - according to an observer in the bus, the light reaches both ends of the bus as the same time, but to an observer standing on the sidewalk, the light reaches the back of the bus before it reaches the front of the bus[/spoiler]
>>
>>75868758
Yfw we cease to exist when we sleep
>>
>>75868225

>what is a cave
>>
Remember hearing somewhere that Pi's existence proves that we are not living in a simulation. Something about it'd be impossible to fully simulate it.
>>
>>75868591
whoa.. this could explain why and how god sees everything and knows all. all that is is what he does know. if we are gods dream, we make for him a nightmare. we should wake him.
>>
>>75868606

Based Nick Bostrom's book 'Superintelligence' is one of my favourite books.
>>
>atheists
>>
>>75868001
>for the universe to be a simulation, the square root of 2 would not be able to exist, since there can not exist an infinite amount of bytes able to represent Sqrt 2 to infinite decimal places, it's just not possible.

I don't understand your logic here.
Why couldn't the simulation just calculate decimal places of the square root of 2 as and when needed?
>>
>>75868728

>mexican intellectual

Also:

WALL
A
L
L
>>
>>75868909
Where is pi calculated in the universe?
>>
File: 1464804668865.jpg (65 KB, 780x511) Image search: [Google]
1464804668865.jpg
65 KB, 780x511
>>75864724
really makes you uh.. think you think?
>>
>>75865685
>It opens the door to EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING.

this is babby's first understanding of the world government agenda.

it's what /pol/ has been saying forever. why do you think they propagate holocaust as true?

because by now it's ingrained in everyones thought. if they suddenly decide to "re-study" it, people would wonder why. if they admit it's a lie, people will know that pulls together all kinds of shit.

if they lied about holocaust but promoted it, what else have they lied about?

btw, what books do you recommend on the hollow earth theory?
>>
>>75869041
if pi didn't exist, calculable curves would not be possible.
>>
File: 1464106538038.png (780 KB, 1001x1001) Image search: [Google]
1464106538038.png
780 KB, 1001x1001
does anyone have the smug pepe where it says the "tfw the noosphere has been breeched"?
>>
>>75866498
>>75867119
>2nd year of a physics degree
>"actually qualified"

fucking jesus christ man, stop being such a dumb stereotype
>>
It actually annoys me how big a deal people make out of this. it has absolutely no bearing on anything, even philosophically.

IIRC they think that everything might actually be 2D data packets
>>
>>75869112
What are you talking about faggot?

Perfect circles don't exist in reality.
>>
>>75868909
"Pi's existence"
There are no perfect circles in the universe. If anything, that proves a simulation. But really, it doesn't have to be pi, any irrational number will do. e is probably a better example.
>>
>>75864724
This is where Musk and that other whathisface that often gets posted on /pol/ are wrong, or rather not even wrong. It's true that from all those meme quantum experiments it logically follows that our world is not material in its nature, but nothing out there outside of a few stretched analogies points at simulated reality. The worst part of all this is that you really can't disprove it either because for us living inside the simulation it would be impossible to distinguish a simulation from any other reality.
>>
>>75868758
no, they are still running as part of the simulation, so from the virtual entities perspective everything is normal as ever, they just aren't being actively rendered for the observers convenience, which is all of us right now. while we think all is normal, we're just being fed data on what we are supposed to be sensing since us fabricated entities are in all likely hood not being observed, in fact the majority of human entities will never actually be rendered for the observers in their entire lifetimes.
>>
>>75868832
dude, look at the fucking flag
>>
>>75868591
So, we have free will, but God doesn't?
>>
>>75867370

I'm Stephen Hawking, go fuck yourself retard!
>>
>>75864724
so what happens if my computer hardware observes my LED lights
>>
>>75864724
This nigga must have played The Talos Principle and is now having a semi life crisis.
>>
>>75868700
up, down, up, down, left, right, left, right, a, b, select, start
>>
>>75868904
it doesn't 'explain' it. we honestly don't know why, its a postulate for relativity but its still unknown.
as lame as that is, that's how it is currently
>>
>>75864724
Really makes you think huh
>>
What if a billion unique codes were written to rapidly calculate a common unique irrational number (pi for example) and scan the results in real time into a program that compares each digit calculated?
>>
File: waitwhat.gif (411 KB, 369x259) Image search: [Google]
waitwhat.gif
411 KB, 369x259
>>75864724
is this genuine or shit posting gone too far.
>>
>>75869001
Not to mention the ludicrous assumption that the universe the simulation exists in operates by the same laws as the simulation.
>>
What I'd the hollow earth isn't completely hollow ?
>>
>>75868909
A simulated universe could just calculate decimal places of Pi to as many places as needed.

>Oh fuck, the human simulation is trying to solve Pi again
>To 15 billion places? Fucking why?
>Here we go again.. 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286208998628034825342117067982148086513282306647093844609550582231725359408128481117450284102701938521105559644622948954930381964428810975665933446128475648233786783165271201909145648566923460348610454326648213393607260249141273724587006606315588174881520920962829254091715364367892590360011330530548820466521384146951941511609...
>>
>>75869369
Whenever I think about the constancy of c my brain just gets full of fuck and I basically enter a state of existential shock.
>>
>>75864724

Well this explains DMT
>>
>>75865646

If we really are and have always been in a simulation, how do you know what real life is really like?
>>
>>75868724
Square root 2.

"""""""""AI""""""""" can only operate on logic and mathematics.

>>75869001
Sqrt 2 is irrational, a human can calculate the square root of 2 to as many decimal places as he wants, given an infinite amount of time and infinite space to right it, but in finite conditions, the sqrt 2 can not be calculated to a final decimal place since it doesn't exist(we know this from proof of irrationality). A computer with finite memory could only represent the sqrt 2 to however many decimal places the memory can hold(eg, 10 million bytes = 10 million decimal places, or something of the sort).

The only condition where the sqrt 2 can exist in a computer simulation is if it had infinite time and memory.
>>
>>75864724

a somehow more interesting thing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuroscience_of_free_will#Free_will_as_illusion

what do you think about that?
>>
>>75869515
Yeah, this too.

If our reality is simulated, then the "real" world might be nothing at all like this one. Gravity, quantum physics, electromagnetism, all of it could be completely different.
>>
File: wewuz.jpg (471 KB, 481x800) Image search: [Google]
wewuz.jpg
471 KB, 481x800
this meen we rly wuz kangz

???????
>>
>>75864724
>>75865098

I think it's beautiful that we are closer to revealing the false nature of reality but while we work towards total enlightenment how about we just figure out how to hack the system? How about we figure out how to change things in our favor? Unlock the cheat codes of the universe. Obviously it can be done and has been done before, after all what do you think magick is? Why else would so many of the elites have an interest in the occult.
>>
>>75865764
Holy mother of Kek
>>
>>75869664

ups this link is better

http://io9.gizmodo.com/5975778/scientific-evidence-that-you-probably-dont-have-free-will

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuroscience_of_free_will#The_Libet_experiment
>>
>>75869636
You're missing the point.

Why does sqrt 2 need to exist in a finite form in a simulation in order to be used? Again, assuming the reality the simulation exists in has the same laws as ours, why can't sqrt 2 just be calculated to as many places as needed?
>>
>>75869108

>this is babby's first understanding of the world government agenda. it's what /pol/ has been saying forever. why do you think they propagate holocaust as true? because by now it's ingrained in everyones thought. if they suddenly decide to "re-study" it, people would wonder why. if they admit it's a lie, people will know that pulls together all kinds of shit. if they lied about holocaust but promoted it, what else have they lied about?

As Morpheus himself said in the first Matrix movie: "What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain."

What we need is to raise our level of consciousness, both individually and collectively. If even one person raises his or her level of consciousness, it has a ripple effect that benefits EVERYONE ELSE, even if they don't believe any of this stuff - and this is because 'reality' itself is HOLOGRAPHIC in nature. One of the ways that they have manipulated us so deeply for so long is by suppressing our sense of the possible. What we call 'reality' is COMPLETELY ILLUSORY and thus MALLEABLE - and they KNOW THIS, while most other people do NOT. EVERYTHING IS ILLUSORY, EXCEPT CONSCIOUSNESS ITSELF. NOTHING is impossible in a universe that is ILLUSORY to begin with. We have the power to transform this prison illusion into a PARADISE ILLUSION, so let's USE that power.

>btw, what books do you recommend on the hollow earth theory?

Read 'Hollow Planets' by Jan Lamprecht. Also, read 'Etidorhpa' by John Uri Lloyd (which is a true story that is presented as fiction).
>>
File: 1464579891047.jpg (43 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1464579891047.jpg
43 KB, 500x375
>>75869664

Does that mean that roaches can't help but shit out 7 mehets and try to move to Germany?
>>
>>75869664
It's not interesting, it's basic and obvious. The universe is deterministic. There's no magical thing that happens in the brain that somehow stops the universe from being deterministic.
>>
this thread confirms the 4chan iq chart with pol at the bottom

depressing lads
>>
>>75869745
"flush shit" = removes islam
>>
>>75869618
How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real
>>
File: 1380751538321.gif (486 KB, 475x347) Image search: [Google]
1380751538321.gif
486 KB, 475x347
>>75867622
What is Calhoun's Behavioral Sink?
>>
File: 1463797037911.jpg (15 KB, 308x423) Image search: [Google]
1463797037911.jpg
15 KB, 308x423
Agent Rust Cohle was the most awake character to grace T.V.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oX2xFo7JA4
>>
File: 1453829021495.png (60 KB, 904x692) Image search: [Google]
1453829021495.png
60 KB, 904x692
>>75869664
I'm more intrigued about true random numbers. You literally cant generate random numbers mathematically.

So, if our reality is virtual, there is no choice, everything is predetermined I would guess.

>just as those repeating digits I shell get
>>
>>75869597
there's a lot of shit that blows my mind all the time in my field. if you can handle the maths you should totally take some courses or at least get a textbook
>>
hmmm
>>
File: yogi.jpg (74 KB, 624x850) Image search: [Google]
yogi.jpg
74 KB, 624x850
>>75869745

In the ancient Sanskrit language of India, the word 'siddhi' means 'perfection'. In its most common usage, the word 'siddhi' refers to an ability that is a natural and inherent faculty of our true identities as eternally alive souls. The soul is smaller than an atom and larger than the universe. The soul is infinitely small and infinitely large. The soul is ALL-PERFECT AND EVER-PERFECT. The soul is the storehouse of ALL ENERGY, ALL POWER AND ALL STRENGTH. The soul is PURE CONSCIOUSNESS. The soul possesses ALL siddhis and there are an INFINITE number of siddhis. Among all of these siddhis, there are considered to be eight major siddhis. Siddhis can be awakened through a variety of methods. In Patanjali's Yoga Sutras IV.1, it is stated:

"Siddhis may be attained through birth, the use of herbs, incantations, self-discipline or samadhi."

Here is a list of the eight major siddhis (in no particular order):

Laghima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as light as you want.

Garima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as heavy as you want.

Mahima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as large as you want.

Anima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as small as you want.

Prapti siddhi: Having unrestricted access to any and/or all places.

Prakamya siddhi: Fulfillment of whatever you desire.

Isitva siddhi: Control over any and/or all of the laws of nature.

Vasitva siddhi: Being able to control any and/or all beings.

"A man is a god in ruins. When men are innocent, life shall be longer, and shall pass into the immortal, as gently as we awake from dreams." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
>>
File: waiting.jpg (21 KB, 320x256) Image search: [Google]
waiting.jpg
21 KB, 320x256
>>75866815
If the Earth is flat, why isn't Mt. Everest visible from everywhere on Earth?

>inb4 no response
>>
File: 1397173904511.png (539 KB, 380x914) Image search: [Google]
1397173904511.png
539 KB, 380x914
>>75869745
/console
/spawn moses_staff_of_cheatcodes
>>
File: vanaras.jpg (86 KB, 350x284) Image search: [Google]
vanaras.jpg
86 KB, 350x284
>>75870139

Meme magic is real because what we call 'reality' is holographic in nature. The late scientist Emoto used to put written messages next to containers of water, then freeze the water and examine the crystals that had been formed using microscopic photography. The water that had been placed next to positive messages like "I love you." turned into visually pleasing crystal formations, while the water that had been placed next to negative messages like "You make me sick, I want to kill you." turned into irregular crystal formations. In the ancient Indian poem 'Ramayana', a bridge to Lanka is being built with stones for Rama by an army of monkey-like humanoid beings. However, the stones don't stick together to form a continuous structure. Hanuman, Rama's devotee, suggests that Rama's name be written onto the stones so that they stick together. This is done and the stones then stick together to form the bridge that they want to build. In both Emoto's experiments and that story from Ramayana, it's not the mere act of writing that accomplishes those seemingly miraculous results but the VIBRATING ENERGY FIELDS OF INFORMATION of what was written. One of the COMPLETELY FALSE assumptions of modern mainstream science is that our internal world (i.e. our thoughts, our emotions and our intentions) has NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER on our external world. But the truth is that there is NO BOUNDARY between our 'internal world' and our 'external world'. They're BOTH movies that originate from the SAME projector room.
>>
>>75870243

The base state of all things is energetic wave-form information, which has been confirmed by quantum physics. This is why everything can be perceived in an infinite number of different ways, because nothing can exist without being perceived and to be perceived, there must be a perceiver. When you see a rose as being red, a bee sees that same rose in shades of ultra-violet and a bat perceives that same rose as vibrations of sound. It all depends on the way that the information is 'read' (so to speak).

"If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is - infinite." - William Blake
>>
>>75866855
you're wrong.
measurements can change what happened in the past. for example, take a particle traveling in a random direction, with sensors at 0 degrees and 120 degrees. the chance of both censors being triggered is 1/8 and not 1/6 like the geometry predicts because measurement determines the past and not the other way around. see bell inequalities, quantum eraser experiments, etc.
>>
>>75864930
Nothing is stopping you.
>>
File: cypher.webm (731 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
cypher.webm
731 KB, 400x200
>>
File: 1464634647784.png (1 MB, 1856x887) Image search: [Google]
1464634647784.png
1 MB, 1856x887
>>75870243
Never mind the Double-Slit/Delayed Choice Quantum Eraser experiments; Meme Magic is definitive proof of the unreality of our world.
>>
>>75869834
I don't see what part of my post you aren't understanding.

The sqrt of 2 DOESN'T exist is a finite form, this has already been proven. Since the sqrt of 2 can be calculated to infinite decimal places, clearly the only way it can actually exist in a simulation is if the computer parenting it has infinite memory and time.

What you said here >>75869536
Doesn't apply, since a human can calculate pi to 15 billion decimal places +1, the fact that you, given infinite time and room to write, can show pi or sqrt 2 or any irrational number to ∞ decimal places shows that a computer simulating the universe CAN NOT HAVE FINITE MEMORY.

Either the computer simulating the universe has infinite memory(no reason to even consider this) or this isn't a simulation.
>>
File: r6wef23.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
r6wef23.gif
2 MB, 500x281
How many times have we shitposted in this thread? Well, who know.

And that is the secret and terrible fate of all life. You're trapped,like a nightmare you keep waking up into to.
>>
>>75870086
Did two years in a physics program, had to drop out of the E&M course in second semester due to missing way too much content from being sick with [spoiler]two[/spoiler] streptococcus pharyngeal infections.

I then got super depressed about finances and decided that I should do engineering so that I can be sure I'll be able to repay my loans. Did I fuck up?
>>
File: justlikemyanimes.webm (1 MB, 844x456) Image search: [Google]
justlikemyanimes.webm
1 MB, 844x456
>>75870025
>tfw universe is running on old pentium II computer and god is watching cute girls having lesbian sex
>>
>>75870330
No you're still wrong. To observe you NEED to have something bounce off a particle whether its light or a wave or some shit.
>>
File: spaceguru.jpg (44 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
spaceguru.jpg
44 KB, 500x300
>>75864724
thank you Elon for enlightening us, for without you we would be blind
>>
>>75864724
>nothing is real goyim, just believe what we tell you, now go... Toil.sow and reap!!!

S A G E
>>
>>75865685
>you see, the REAL reason why the second possibility is being hidden from us is NOT because a loving government wants to prevent mass panic (that's just the cover story), but because they want to prevent us from asking 'too many' questions. If it were confirmed that we DID land on the Moon and found artificial stuff there but were lied to about such a historic discovery, then people (and LOTS of them) WOULD ask more questions about what else they've been lied to about.

This doesn't cover why they lied originally.
>>
>>75870459

We're not ever going to calculate those numbers to infinity (since it's impossible) so there's no reason for the simulation to do it either. I really don't see the problem here. The simulation wouldn't have to contain the whole set, it would only have to calculate it up to what *we* are calculating it up to (not infinity).
>>
>>75865715
basically why 9/11 conspiracy theories are so popular
>>
>>75869834
Because the way computers work is that everything has an answer.

We accept that math exists and effects the universe. So it cannot be arbitrarily made up on the spot by a machine.

Thus, it has to be hardcoded somewhere. Which is impossible.
>>
>>75865814

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YPPohEpNbg
>>
>>75868606
>The only way Bostrom's simulation argument works is if you assume that civilisations will eventually create relatively accurate ANCESTOR simulations.

Yes, and considering we live in a society that is clearly less advanced than one that could create an ancestor simulation, that means that if we're living in a simulation, it would most likely be an ancestor simulation.
>>
Our reality probably being a complex simulation is pretty obvious to anyone that has worked on even a primitive simulation.

I've known this for years, doesn't change anything. Still live your life.
>>
>>75870784
>there's no reason for anybody to do it therefore it doesn't apply

No, this is not an argument, a human given infinite time and space to write could calculate the next decimal place of sqrt 2 INDEFINITELY, FOREVER. NEVER ENDING. A computer with finite memory CAN NOT DO THIS.

I'm not speaking a different language here am I? This is NOT a difficult concept to understand.
>>
File: e89.png (59 KB, 960x886) Image search: [Google]
e89.png
59 KB, 960x886
>>75864724
if you make a perfect simulation of the universe in a computer, are the creatures inside alive?
>>
>>75870938
Why would it most likely be an ancestor simulation?

An ancestor simulation is a simulation by a civilisation of its ancestors.

We could be any other type of simulation, like an experiment of a weird alien race.
>>
File: _49537953_fractal2_spl.jpg (207 KB, 976x549) Image search: [Google]
_49537953_fractal2_spl.jpg
207 KB, 976x549
>>75868001
what are you even rambling about?
>The square root of 2 can not be calculated to any finite number of decimal places
uh, yes it can. You can get an arbitrarily close approximation in finite time.

>humans can calculate it indefinitely
you mean we can calculate it with more and more precision? If so, you just contradicted your previous statement.

> for the universe to be a simulation, the square root of 2 would not be able to exist, since there can not exist an infinite amount of bytes able to represent Sqrt 2 to infinite decimal places, it's just not possible.

I see what you're getting at. But there's no need for the value of irrational numbers to be stored explicitly by the simulated universe. The universe could just be churning out more digits by using approximation algorithms, for instance.

Similarly, you might say that fractals are evidence that the universe isn't a simulation. But the universe can just be calculating as many iterations as we need (which is a finite number).

It's all about procedural generation.
>>
>>75871035
>human running out of things to write with write on
>computer running out of memory
>same thing
>>
Wot
No
Ur dum

Let me pop that fucking bubble of delusion you guys live in

In order to understand how ridiculous this theory sounds, you gotta read the upcoming wall of text.

A human mind doesn't understand what a 'billion years' is. You and I have been on this planet tops 30 years. When you compare that to 1.000.000.000, it's nada.

Everything makes sense so far, except for the origin of the Big Bang, if you have enough information. You clearly do not understand how much the human kind knows about the existence.

>1.

Back in the 1850s, a couple of scientists figured there has to be a sound still echoing in the universe if there was a Big Bang. Due to the lack of technology, it remained merely a theory.

If you fastforward to the 1950s when the first satelite that was capable of listening to sounds from space was constructed, you'll find the answer to the previous theory.
When it was first set, there was a constant hissing sound coming from the machine. The machine doctors though it was just bad wires, but after replacing them, the sound was still there.
After weeks of pondering why the machine is broken they remembered the theory from their dead colleagues of the 1850s. The hissing sound was the Big Bang's echo.

>2.

The five most common elements from the universe are also the five most common elements in life on Earth. (Read: the Theory of Evolution by Darwin).

>3. The creation of planets
>4. The free will

You can't seriously be this deluded to think we're not real.
We are, but we're irrelevant. Look up at the sky at night, consider your size and your influence on everything that exists. Everything can be explained with proper information about laws of physics and nature. Everything makes sense once you understand that life as it is was just chemical chance. The probability of which being close to zero, but not zero.
>>
>>75871060
And, more importantly. Is meme magic hacking it?
>>
>>75870823
Lol no
Irrational numbers could exist in a simulation as lazy evaluation (evaluate as many decimals as needed).
>>
File: PBF111-Reset.jpg (91 KB, 900x300) Image search: [Google]
PBF111-Reset.jpg
91 KB, 900x300
>>75871252
After Baneposting brought down Germanwings, you can't say it isn't.
>>
>Elon Musk believes we live in a virtual-reality universe
So? What's with the recent uprising in people taking the views of celebrities seriously? They used to be considered second class citizens for a reason.
>>
File: Kojima shitposting.png (652 KB, 1024x684) Image search: [Google]
Kojima shitposting.png
652 KB, 1024x684
>>75869354
>>
>>75871035
Humans don't have infinite memory either moron.
>>
>>75864724
>find god;call it a computer because you fear the coming truth.
>>
>>75864724
So the idea is a large object like the earth is made of a lot of information and so it runs that information slower. Because of that time slows around mass which we observe as the stretching of space time causing the phenomena of gravity? Interesting.
>>
>>75864724
This isnt even a hypothesis!
>>
>>75871035

You're talking about a complete hypothetical, not what would actually exist inside the simulation. There is no human that calculates square root of 2 to infinity so it's not even a necessary consideration.

If the simulation did, for whatever reason, allow a human to live forever and use all its time to calculate square root of 2, at some point the simulation might run out of memory. But just because that hasn't happened is no reason to assume it *can't* happen.

But all of this is kind of redundant, because you're applying the concept of infinity to a system that is de facto finite. The simulation doesn't have infinite memory, so it doesn't have infinitely calculating humans either. Get it?
>>
>>75871232

Get a load of this faggot.

Why do you think you are in the base universe and not a simulation?
>>
>>75871035

Sound like you never got very far in calculus.

We just call that infinity. It's not that hard to work with.
>>
>>75871035
Bruv you're embarrassing yourself. It's like in Haskell where you can work on infinite lists. Computers are quite capable of working with infinite numbers by evaluating as needed.
>>
File: 1409767064888.gif (2 MB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
1409767064888.gif
2 MB, 240x320
>>75871415
Easy there, I've been Gnostic 10 years now.

It's important to remember that people with this belief system have been systematically exterminated over the millennia.
>>
>>75871317
so what happens when a dumb civilization leaves a computation going for an infinite amount of time? the simulation will crash
>>
File: 8596.jpg (152 KB, 460x2285) Image search: [Google]
8596.jpg
152 KB, 460x2285
>>75871213
>It's all about procedural generation.
This
>>
>>75864724
>holes, this is to preserve the processing power needed to keep this virtual-reality universe in existence
If he's so sure, why doesn't he find one and go through it
>>
>>75871616

>enters pi on a calculator
>crashes it

OMG WE ARE LIVING IN THE SIMS!!!
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.