[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about unpaid internships? https://www.yout
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 1650x789) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 1650x789
What do you think about unpaid internships? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lrNbt4U-fY
>>
>>75779557
They're illegal where I live. Now you have to either be paid or receive college credit for it.
>>
I did an unpaid internship at the DWP, Department for Work and Pensions.

It was great actually, I really enjoyed my time and experiences there.
>>
File: 1428960080797.jpg (86 KB, 550x825) Image search: [Google]
1428960080797.jpg
86 KB, 550x825
>>75779557
to be fair the paid internships can be just as shitty, a m8 of mine was doing some internship in london, he got paid £3 per hour to knock on doors for charity, routinely worked from 7am to 2 am since they always had informal meetings and group activities, lived in a council estate shit hole with which he paid for with 50% of his pay check which was taken before he received it, and the worst part was that it was like a fucking soviet russia rules, you express dissatisfaction? you'll be told to leave, even if it's the middle of the night, immediately, all in the name of "team moral", you just vanish in the night he lasted 2 months before he left
>>
>be me
>get internship at big data company
>6000 stipend no strings attached
>$35 an hour for some vague business position

feels vindicating for taking a few years off to pursue work and then coming back to uni
>>
>>75779557
Unpaid internships wouldn't exist if minimum wage was abolished.

Also, if you get stuck in an internship where you run errands instead of work, its your own fault.

Source: Intern with 2 other jobs.
>>
File: kaiji_paid.jpg (117 KB, 1280x905) Image search: [Google]
kaiji_paid.jpg
117 KB, 1280x905
It's funny because the shrillest voices for minimum-wage increases come from leftist institutions which run on essentially slave labor.
>>
>>75779557
It should be illegal.

Also, don't do it. It screams "I'm a dumb cuck who you can rape with no consequence" to future employers.
>>
>>75779681
>>75779557
This. Its illegal for me to work unpaid. i cant file hours with the NAAB if its unpaid
>>
Companies that do this are the niggers of capitalism.

t. Medium Sized Company Intern, paid 35/hr
>>
>>75779557
Only people going into stupid fields get unpaid internships.

I have yet to hear of a software developer, a chemical engineer, an accountant, an economist getting an unpaid internship.

That all happens in journalism and the arts, which are for suckers.
>>
did mtv actually make a video that's kinda funny and relatable to the real world?
>>
>>75781106
Also, unpaid internships are glorified coffee runners so they get what they deserve
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.