[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy Council being held in Crete
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 12
File: basileuspepe.png (931 KB, 800x770) Image search: [Google]
basileuspepe.png
931 KB, 800x770
https://www.holycouncil.org

My forecast is Deus Vult with a chance of regained pentarchies.
>>
Who?
>>
>>75686657
Alright, let me explain.

Ecumenical Councils are held by the Holy Church to discuss important church matters. One of the predominant subjects of discussion in the olden days were heresies - of course, they've all been mostly catalogued and been declared anathema, so not much point in attacking the heathenries that remain, as they are anathema by default.

Thus, what we have now is the greatest meeting of orthodox patriarchs in the last century. Subjects of discussion are:

1. The mission of the Orthodox Church in the contemporary world;
2. The Orthodox diaspora;
3. Autonomy and the manner of its proclamation;
4. The sacrament of marriage and its impediments;
5. The importance of fasting and its observance today;
6. The relationship of the Orthodox Church with the rest of the Christian world.

As you can see, at least 3 of these 6 subjects (1, 2 and 6) involve political discussion, and two of them (1 and 2) could be said to be relevant to the current state of the Middle East.

To cut short, if the meeting decides that 1) the orthodox diaspora in the middle east is being persecuted and 2) that it is the mission of the orthodox church to protect members of the church and to regain the seats of the pentarchy, then there is a high chance of a crusade happening.
>>
File: Holy and Great Council 2016.png (556 KB, 968x413) Image search: [Google]
Holy and Great Council 2016.png
556 KB, 968x413
Red pill me on the Orthodox Church.

I have had a couple dreams of attending a service. I actually never have, so my brain is imagining what it would be like. Is God trying to get me to attend a service? If so, doesn't He know that the closest Orthodox Church is an hour drive from where I love?
>>
>>75687239
Holy shit, you too? I had several dreams I was driving around in a city and then saw these Hagia Sophia like cathedrals towering over skyscrapers.

This is getting spooky.
>>
File: Holy Council.png (253 KB, 1053x495) Image search: [Google]
Holy Council.png
253 KB, 1053x495
>>75687163

Neat!
>>
File: holyandgreat_logo.png (467 KB, 700x709) Image search: [Google]
holyandgreat_logo.png
467 KB, 700x709
Romanian Orthodox Chant-We magnify Thee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9vD--52d6s
>>
Romanian Orthodox Byzantine Chant-Sfinte Dumnezeule
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfI_hnQJ4jQ
>>
File: arsenieboca.jpg (63 KB, 600x851) Image search: [Google]
arsenieboca.jpg
63 KB, 600x851
>>75687239
The church has rot in it in some countries, especially those that have been tainted by communism. It is something to be wary of.

This is why the patriarch system is important. If one patriarch or even many fall to corruption, that still leaves some that can bring the church back to health. It's something that you should keep in mind.

I've found there's plenty of based priests but plenty of duds too here in Romania, which is another effect of the taint communism has left on the Church*. It might be different in the USA, since to be an orthodox priest there you need to actually care.

I still think the Church is healthier than Catholicism in some respects - it has better mechanisms for stopping these things - but the situation is by no means perfect, and this is something one needs to know.

I could go on and ramble now about how the patriarch system is superior and the like, unchanged church etc, but I think you've heard it all by now. I'm not trying to discourage you, by no means, but you shouldn't go in thinking it's all sunshine and rainbows; it's still better than Catholicism, its taint runs much deeper, but we should look at the stick in our own eyes too.

As for closest church... I know a romanian diaspora who has the same issue, actually even more than an hour, something like four hours drive. If you have the time and can make sure you don't get interrupted I say go for it.

Sorry if I am perhaps unclear in some respects, it's really late here and I have to go to sleep.

>>75687621
>>75688002
>>75688448
Thanks for bumping the thread by the way

* It's unfortunate, really; essentially, during communism, after suppressing the Church failed, they tried to subvert it.
>>
>>75688768

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

>I have to go to sleep
Nice dreams, Romania!
>>
>>75686091

I have a bit of an inside scoop on this, basically nothing is going to change. It's only like 10 days long and nothing very controversial is even on the agenda.
>>
I seek God but I can not find him
>>
>>75689467

I know that feel, mate. I find man instead.
>>
Cantare Parintelui Arsenie Boca (Romanian Orthodox Music)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB_QBxXbEgs
>>
>>75686091
>The regions in which Episcopal Assemblies will be created in a first stage are defined as follows:
>North America and Central America
>South America
>Australia, New Zealand and Oceania
>Great Britain and Ireland
>France
>Belgium, Holland and Luxembourg
>Austria
>Italy and Malta
>Switzerland and Lichtenstein
>Germany
>Scandinavian countries (except Finland)
>Spain and Portugal

Are the Episcopal Assemblies like the patriarchates ?
>>
File: 28.jpg (271 KB, 1600x800) Image search: [Google]
28.jpg
271 KB, 1600x800
Paraclisul Maicii Domnului (medicament pentru suflet)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tVEWoRGVMU
>>
File: 20160213_blp533.jpg (64 KB, 595x335) Image search: [Google]
20160213_blp533.jpg
64 KB, 595x335
The differences between the Catholic and Orthodox churches
http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2016/02/economist-explains-9
>>
File: orthodoxy-or-death-main.jpg (60 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
orthodoxy-or-death-main.jpg
60 KB, 600x600
BARTHOLOKEK IS NOT MY PATRIARCH

I.M. ESPHIGMENOU FOREVER
>>
File: bishops.jpg (2 MB, 1200x981) Image search: [Google]
bishops.jpg
2 MB, 1200x981
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.