[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk about the whole alternative health, GMO free, Vegan,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: 1447488168988.jpg (152 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1447488168988.jpg
152 KB, 500x700
Can we talk about the whole alternative health, GMO free, Vegan, Organic, Green, Raw food and other faggotry movement? Do any of you also have people you know who bought into all this bullshit and all they ever do is talk about their damn diet, refuse to eat out with you at all, mock the stuff you eat and also thy are always broke as shit because all their income goes into their specialty groceries?
>>
didn't read OP only here for ass
>>
I eat grassfed meat and it's noticeably better tasting and more nutritional with the right Omega 3 balance/etc

>falling for the GMO is good meme

t.6'4", 200 lbs, could fuck your gf and/or mom
>>
File: 1464037970261.jpg (15 KB, 319x320) Image search: [Google]
1464037970261.jpg
15 KB, 319x320
There's some truth to it -- there is SUPER BAD CONDITIONS for most farm animals.

there are pools of pig shit in the poorest parts of the USA. There are holes in the area were the pigs are and they just eat and shit all day and it collects in a pool. then they blast the shit through a air tube and disperse it through the air. this only really affects poor black people though

only a retard would pay for food t b h

food pretty much can grow itself with how brain dead ph balancing nutrients for plants is but people are lazy.

its also super overpriced

gmo isn't as bad as they say.

its mostly the pesticides they use too be honest

you can't spray hormone disruptors on fucking food and expect shit to not fuck up

if it can effect a bee it can effect any one of gods creatures

amen
>>
here in NZ we basically only eat grass fed beef, went to the states and your steak is tastless cardboard in comparison, grassfed is way better
>>
>>75630119
I go to my local indy grocery to chat up girls. Some of them are fugly; some are 'natural looking' and some are rich milfs who buy organic status food. If you're a relatively fit guy you will get hit on since there's not too many there. You might get hit on by gays also.
>>
>>75630452
This.
>>
>>75630452
+1 New Zealand bro. If I wasnt in Florida, I'd move there just for your accents. The way your chicks say 'yes' gets me hot
>>
>>75630119
>Makes a thread pretending to want serious replies
>Posts that picture

Faggot.
>>
>Went a few times with a friend to a raw food grocery store that was eventually shut down because of tax evasion
>Every single raw foodist always had greyish, dead looking skin, nasty acne outbreaks on their face and neck and just in general looked unhealthy as fuck
>>
>>75630596
And you can find grassfed meat here, just takes a little more googling/research, and leaving the fodder for the plebs
>>
>>75630119
>GMO free
Yes goy, shill for the Jew's control of our very food supply.
>Vegan
No issue with that.
>Organic
Less reliance on external aid is a bad thing. Yep. Definetely.
>Green
Fug that yeah.
>Raw food
Fuck that.
>>
>>75630119
Some GMO is legitimately questionable. Example; the pestilent markers on the GMO wheat is likely the real reason so many people are suddenly gluten sensitive, not the gluten at all.
remember it took them 40 years to admit/realize margarine was worse for you than butter.
But yeah, some people take it too far, with the
>mah raw food
stuff.
and remember packaged food that is self stable for months is almost always terrible for you, things like hamburger helper. packaged cereals, etc.
>>
File: nice-ass-10.jpg (21 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
nice-ass-10.jpg
21 KB, 500x312
>>75630212
same here
>>
>>75630119
Obligatory documentary for this thread:

Food Inc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnf9qF4V9Nw

>Food, Inc. lifts the veil on our nation's food industry, exposing how our nation's food supply is now controlled by a handful of corporations that often put profit ahead of consumer health, the
livelihood of the American farmer, the safety of workers and our own environment.
>Food, Inc. reveals surprising and often shocking truths about what we eat, how it's produced and who we have become as a nation.
>>
ass
>>
>>75630119

Careful OP, your dick may fly off.
>>
>>75630119
I'm not going to defend or attack Monsanto, but let's set them aside and focus on genetically modified food. I must admit I'm confused by the hate lobbied against GMOs.

In the past when we would breed plants, we were shotgunning it with respect to the genes. With modern genetics we can be more precise.

Yes this may mean bringing in genes that may be particularly difficult to find in the given species or may not be in the given species, but so the fuck what? We're not doing it for the heck of it, and we know what these genes are when we do it.

What do we do it for?

Increasing yield feeds more people.
Increasing pest resistance allows us to use less chemicals.
Increasing nutritional content improves the health of those consuming the given plant. For some, as with golden rice, this is heaven sent.

What we have is a bunch of "natural must be better" idiots who don't understand genetics or history, but all think they do, whining about imaginary bad guys in a lab somewhere. It's by definition a first world problem, because in third world countries you don't whine about what feeds you.
>>
>>75630816
>MUH EBIL PROPHETS FUK CAPITALIZM BERNIE 2016!!!
>>
>>75630119
I know some single mum with 2 kids that buys GMO free, Organic shit but not a vegan. She also thinks crystal can heal shit and have mystic powers and a bunch of other nuts shit.
>>
>>75630119

I am one of those who bought into it - gmo free/organic (can't get 'everything' organic but 95% of it yes). And guess what? I like it... body feels better than ever. Replaced soda with seltzers too. Don't do any of those things either anon. It's actually not that expensive to go organic. Rule of thumb add 50 cents a pound for most fruits. Organic vegetables are cheap as shit.
>>
>>75630969
>Organic vegetables are cheap as shit.

>Twice the price and twice the chances of catching E. Coli since my fruit and veggies were grown in literally piles of pig and cow shit!
>>
>>75630119
>trusting corps with chemicals and GMO's to deliver you healthy food

I think vegan is a bit silly. I mean, toning down the meat consumption would be a good thing for most americans, but no need to 100% it and bother all your friends with it.

Is Raw Food those crazy people who think it's better to eat like cavemen? Because that's fucking idiotic.
>>
>>75630869
https://www.rt.com/news/monsanto-rats-tumor-france-531/
http://www.gmoseralini.org/faq-items/why-this-study-now/
http://www.motherearthnews.com/natural-health/nutrition/gmo-safety-zmgz13amzsto.aspx
>>
>>75630869
The reason people hate Monsanto:
their seeds don't grow new seeds so you have to buy new ones every year, now thats not so bad...
except if they blow over into a neighbors farmers non GMO crop, they can ruin his natural crop. they also underhandedly fed them lawyer money to sue the neighbor.
they build out a climate change research company for a billion dollars, and genreally bully people/
>>75630937
GMO's companies act more like a oligarch then a capitalism sociltiy
>>
File: didnt-read2.gif (2 MB, 207x137) Image search: [Google]
didnt-read2.gif
2 MB, 207x137
>>75631143
>>
>>75631231
Irrelevant, people dislike Monsanto because they think GMO foods have like cancer or chemicals some shit. People are fucking retarded. I guarantee people don't give a shit about that buying seeds, seeds blowing into other yards and shit. Did I mention people are fucking retarded?
>>
>>75631262

I know anon. Don't worry though, GMOs aren't in bananas yet.
>>
Reminder that organic pesticides are killing the bees.
Organic is a buzzword.
Gluten free idiots are retarded.
>>
>>75630869
I think GMO technology is great, however I also think that cross-species alterations should have longer testing periods before we allow them to be used for consumption.

>>75630960
I hate those people. I wish they'd just die because they are what gives organic a bad rep. The owner of the organic farm where I buy my veggies used to be a biology/chemistry scientist guy and we've become kinda friends. Once when I had dinner with them we came to the topic of all that new age stuff and he hates it, but he can't speak out about it because half of his clients believe that shit and he risks losing his business if he says anything publicly.
>>
>>75630346
>6'4"
>200
Lmao Gtfo out of here skelly
I'll fuck that Boi pussy of your with your qt twink body
>>
>>75631565
You should do a blood allergy test. You'll be surprised by all the foods you are allergic too. That's the problem with GMOs, you won't know which supplier of tomatos you can eat safely.
>>
>>75630119
i stopped eating chips and sodas and salty food
blood pressure is now 120/70 im losing weight, and my glucose levels are now around 90-95 (from 110)

i feel great and good but i still eat whatever the fuck i want

i am eating walnuts pecans and almonds to raisee good cholesterol levels
>>
File: 1446522254614.gif (2 MB, 450x247) Image search: [Google]
1446522254614.gif
2 MB, 450x247
>tfw overhearing my brother telling his vegan friend he's becoming more and more vegan himself
>>
File: scared-loli.jpg (11 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
scared-loli.jpg
11 KB, 300x200
>>75632273
GO AWAY MISTER SKELTAL
>>
>>75630119
The problem with GMO is neither biological nor health-related but economic/sociological.
Agriculture is the absolute base of all economy. In most developed world it has became extremely efficient so that both US and EU are already capable of feeding most of the world, while only employing <5% of the population. So there clearly is no much need for rising the efficiency more. So GMO crops do not make us much better here.
In 3rd world shitholes the problem with hunger/malnutrition definitely is not because the plant varieties are not optimal. It is the gross mismanagement of fertile lands and humans. No GMO will help here - certain varieties may postpone the enevitable collapse of African demographics, but the cannot avoid it.
The main problem with GMO varieties is instead the cenralization of agriculture. Few global corporations will be the gateceepers of most seed production and farmers become dependent of the supply chain. It means that countries become vulnerable to disturbances in GMO seed supply. In case of large-scale war or natural catastrophe countries may have a rude awakening, discovering that their farmers are not able to grow their own seeds anymore. Or at least the re-starting of seed production will take several agricultural cycles, thus resulting in potential famine.
So IMO GMO is cool and nice, if it is used to enhance certain aspects of foods, like the "golden rice" project was. But it is dangerous, if it results in monopolizing the global seed supply chain.
>>
File: IGwEwDM[1].jpg (76 KB, 927x380) Image search: [Google]
IGwEwDM[1].jpg
76 KB, 927x380
>>75632336
>SKeTL3EW
>SKeLT3EW
>SKeL3TEW
>SKeLETEW
>SKeLETAW
>SKeLETAL
>Skeletal
>>
>>75632336
spooky ID
>>
>>75630119
>Do any of you also have people you know who bought into all this bullshit and all they ever do is talk about their damn diet, refuse to eat out with you at all, mock the stuff you eat and also thy are always broke as shit because all their income goes into their specialty groceries?

I am one of these people.

Stay mad.
>>
>>75630937
I am not American so I don't really have a say to your presidential elections.
But I hate to see corporations get away from poisoning our food and destroying our environment.

Luckily I am an European and thus I am not forced to eat your or our shitty processed food.
Hell in here it's still possible to crow your own crops, hunt, do fishing, pick berries and mushrooms and all that shit if you dislike modern production methods.
>>
>>75630816
For people who never read The Jungle?
Pussy
>>
>>75630119
My mother is all the things and it's awful. She was convinced for years that we couldn't use Colgate toothpaste cause the fluoride would kill us and for well over a year would make us eat porridge for almost every meal because it was the only thing she believed didn't have gmos and chemicals in it.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.