[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
POPE REJECTS CHRISTIAN REFUGEES FOR MUSLIMS, HAILS NEW MAYOR OF LONDON
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: 1464643872152.jpg (925 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
1464643872152.jpg
925 KB, 2048x1152
>A Christian brother and sister from Syria felt blessed to have been among the dozen refugees selected to start a new life in Italy — but now say their savior, Pope Francis, abandoned them on a Greek island, according to a report.

>Their dreams were shattered when they were informed the following day that they would not be traveling to Rome. Instead, three Muslim families were taken.
http://nypost.com/2016/04/22/pope-francis-reneges-on-offer-to-take-in-christian-refugees/

>Pope Francis has hailed the election of London’s first Muslim mayor in a wide-ranging interview with a French newspaper.

>"When I hear talk of the Christian roots of Europe, I sometimes dread the tone, which can seem triumphalist or even vengeful. It then takes on colonialist overtones," Pope Francis said.
http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/news/2016/05/17/pope-francis-hails-election-of-sadiq-khan-as-mayor-of-london/

Catholics, leave your Church, come to the Orthodox Church
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L80lb1T0ecs
>>
the pope is jewish
>>
File: 1464583872302.jpg (132 KB, 747x656) Image search: [Google]
1464583872302.jpg
132 KB, 747x656
http://religionnews.com/2016/01/17/pope-francis-rome-synagogue-gods-covenant-jews-irrevocable/

>“From a theological point of view, it is clear there is an inseparable bond between Christians and Jews,” [the Pope] continued, “and the church, while professing salvation through faith in Christ, recognizes the irrevocability of the covenant and God’s constant and faithful love for Israel.”

Compare the Orthodox perspective (start at 35 min): http://orthodoxbiblestudy.info/st-john-chrysostom-anti-semite/

"Christ is still hated and cursed by many Jews...."
>>
>>75606585
>>75606712
>>
>>75606585
FPBP
There is no other explanation, he's a jew and he is controlled

He's fucking up your shit degos
>>
>>75606556
This is the last straw for me. I've been a non-practicing catholic for the past 10 years, officially denouncing any support of this church.
>>
File: merkel_nike.jpg (158 KB, 1536x1023) Image search: [Google]
merkel_nike.jpg
158 KB, 1536x1023
>>
File: 20130328cnsbr14975-800x500.jpg (92 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
20130328cnsbr14975-800x500.jpg
92 KB, 800x500
>cuckholics
>>
>>75606556
The Pope is not the Pope, he is the devil. Burn him alive.
>>
>>75606556
"And you ought, furthermore, to consider with the utmost deliberation, if by your labors, God working through you, it should occur that the Mother of churches should flourish anew to the worship of Christianity, whether, perchance, He may not wish other regions of the East to be restored to the faith against the approaching time of the Antichrist. For it is clear that Antichrist is to do battle not with the Jews, not with the Gentiles; but, according to the etymology of his name, He will attack Christians. And if Antichrist finds there no Christians (just as at present when scarcely any dwell there), no one will be there to oppose him, or whom he may rightly overcome. According to Daniel and Jerome, the interpreter of Daniel, he is to fix his tents on the Mount of Olives; and it is certain, for the apostle teaches it, that he will sit at Jerusalem in the Temple of the Lord, as though he were God. And according to the same prophet, he will first kill three kings of Egypt, Africa, and Ethiopia, without doubt for their Christian faith: This, indeed, could not at all be done unless Christianity was established where now is paganism. If, therefore, you are zealous in the practice of holy battles, in order that, just as you have received the seed of knowledge of God from Jerusalem, you may in the same way restore the borrowed grace, so that through you the Catholic name may be advanced to oppose the perfidy of the Antichrist and the Antichristians then, who can not conjecture that God, who has exceeded the hope of all, will consume, in the abundance of your courage and through you as the spark, such a thicket of paganism as to include within His law Egypt, Africa, and Ethiopia, which have withdrawn from the communion of our belief?

Based Pope Urban 2 don't agree with this Pope.
>>
>>75606556
Literally an antipope.
>>
>>75607256
He wasn't acquainted with Vatican II

>The Church regards with esteem also the Moslems. They adore the one God, living and subsisting in Himself; merciful and all- powerful, the Creator of heaven and earth,(5) who has spoken to men; they take pains to submit wholeheartedly to even His inscrutable decrees, just as Abraham, with whom the faith of Islam takes pleasure in linking itself, submitted to God. Though they do not acknowledge Jesus as God, they revere Him as a prophet. They also honor Mary, His virgin Mother; at times they even call on her with devotion. In addition, they await the day of judgment when God will render their deserts to all those who have been raised up from the dead. Finally, they value the moral life and worship God especially through prayer, almsgiving and fasting.

-Nostra aetate

>But the plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator. In the first place amongst these there are the Muslims, who, professing to hold the faith of Abraham, along with us adore the one and merciful God, who on the last day will judge mankind.
-Lumen gentium
>>
Would anyone care if a non-practicing Christian even decides to switch denominations?

My whole family is Catholic. But what the Pope did is downright despicable. Should he pray to Jesus for forgiveness, or Allah?
>>
File: 1457604843677.jpg (32 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
1457604843677.jpg
32 KB, 620x348
>Much of Johnson's scholarship is built on the foundation of the Second Vatican Council, which urged members of the Catholic Church to overcome "every type of discrimination, whether social or cultural, whether based on sex, race, color, social condition, language or religion."[4]

>"All-male images of God are hierarchical images rooted in the unequal relation between women and men," she writes. "Once women no longer relate to men as patriarchal fathers, lords, and kings in society, these images become religiously inadequate. Instead of evoking the reality of God, they block it."[8]

>She is a Distinguished Professor of Theology at Fordham University, a Jesuit institution in New York City. She is a member of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Brentwood. Johnson has served as president of the Catholic Theological Society of America and is "one of its most well known members."[3]

Also this woman who popularized the modern use of the word "privilege" is Elisabeth Schüssler Fiorenza, a Catholic theologian. look her up. She employs Vatican II theology

>Kyriarchy, pronounced /ˈkaJriɑːrki/, is a social system or set of connecting social systems built around domination, oppression, and submission. The word was coined by Elisabeth Schüssler Fiorenza in 1992 to describe her theory of interconnected, interacting, and self-extending systems of domination and submission, in which a single individual might be oppressed in some relationships and privileged in others. It is an intersectional extension of the idea of patriarchy beyond gender.[1] Kyriarchy encompasses sexism, racism, homophobia, classism, economic injustice, colonialism, ethnocentrism, militarism, and other forms of dominating hierarchies in which the subordination of one person or group to another is internalized and institutionalized.[2][3]
>>
>>75608694
Even though the Orthodox don't recognize Catholic sacraments, the Catholics fully recognize Orthodox sacraments, so I don't see the harm

A lot of Latin Americans have switched: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/15/greek-orthodox-church-latin-america_n_7065630.html

>Of its 550,000 members, only 5,000 are Greek
>>
File: 1460073844968.jpg (118 KB, 680x450) Image search: [Google]
1460073844968.jpg
118 KB, 680x450
get in here /pol/tards
>>
>>75606556
I'm thinking of joining the Episcopal Church
>>
>>75609452
It kind of scares to to change my identity like this. My family regularly says the Hail Mary and Our Father (Jesus Himself said that though). My mother prays with the Rosary. We are literally Christians from descent of Spain, Portugal, and Syria. All Christian.

They are far beyond me in faith. Am I changing denominations out of spite?

Shit, I need a priest...
>>
>>75609611
They're much worse. If you really want to go Anglican, at least go continuing Anglican or something. Episcopal Church has female ordination and gay marriage
>>
>>75610001
Just go to Orthodox Liturgy once. There's no harm in that.
>>
>>75606556
>Atheists thinking they know more about Christianity than Christians
There are not enough fedoras in the universe to tip at this huberis
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.