[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what the fuck is the madman thinking? bernie can't be seriously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: bernie trump debate.png (442 KB, 509x732) Image search: [Google]
bernie trump debate.png
442 KB, 509x732
what the fuck is the madman thinking? bernie can't be seriously thinking this will help him out in any way right?
>>
>>75161744
Let me tell you how clever that was.

By agreeing to debate Sanders, Trump minimizes Clinton and embarrasses her. It will look to the public as if she’s hiding, afraid to debate.

By tying a Sanders debate to charity, Trump signals that Sanders isn’t a “real” opponent. So Sanders gets minimized at the same time. And it puts Sanders in follower mode. Trump suggested, Sanders followed.

The charity angle will probably make the debate impractical. The networks don’t want to run a freebie. So there is a high chance it won’t happen. But Trump gets credit – and attention – for offering.

Imagine what happens if Trump and Sanders start discussing which charity gets the proceeds. If Trump picks a veterans organization, Sanders would be supporting Trump’s brand. Trump is all about the veterans. And I also imagine Trump making an opening offer to split the money 70-30, with Sanders’ chosen charity getting the smaller part. That opening offer would be headlines for days.

If the debate happens, Trump shows strength by exposing himself to attacks. But it also gives him the opportunity to frame the race as two rebels versus more-of-the-same-Clinton.

Would Trump lose a debate to Sanders? Trump is famously light on policy details, but keep in mind that Sanders would have to explain how he pays for his ideas. Trump can embrace Sanders’ ideals (universal healthcare, free college) while pointing out that we have no way to pay for that stuff in the short run. Compared to Sanders, Trump would start to look like the mainstream candidate. Trump needs that.

Both Trump and Sanders could attack Clinton on stage, to huge ratings, while Clinton has no effective way to respond. Clinton can’t even TALK about the debate without giving it more attention.
>>
File: 1455025958452.png (79 KB, 1235x650) Image search: [Google]
1455025958452.png
79 KB, 1235x650
The risk to Trump is that Sanders wins the debate. But they have seen each other’s act so often that no one would expect a knockout punch in either direction. In fact, I would expect both of them to show uncharacteristic respect to each other on stage. Trump wants Sanders’ voters, and Sanders has created a brand that is built around civility. I would expect them to play nice. That helps Trump more than Sanders if it makes Trump seem more “presidential.”

As usual, Trump has created multiple ways to win and only one (improbable) way to lose. If the debate never happens, Trump wins by making the offer and getting the attention. If the debate happens, it minimizes both Clinton and Sanders. The only risk is that Trump loses the debate to Sanders in a huge way. And that seems deeply unlikely.
>>
Sanders is clinging to the idea that if he can make it to the convention the DNC will somehow decide to make him the nominee instead of Clinton. He thinks that if he can show that he's got a better chance at beating Trump than Clinton, and that if he beats Trump in the debate he'll prove he's a better choice for the democratic candidate.
>>
>>75161744
trumps a fuckin genius. all this debate does is further the democratic split

bernie cucks are saying they'll protest vote trump if hillary wins the nomination. we'll see in november if they keep their word.
>>
I'm more worried that it's going to backfire against Trump.

Trump really gains nothing by debating Bernie unless he wants to just agree with Bernie which would piss off his core voters
>>
the time is fast approaching for the mass redpilling of bernie bros who will summarily board the #Trumptrain and defeat Hillary's coalition of aggrieved feminists and minorities.

http://www.thenation.com/article/bernie-sanders-is-hurting-himself-by-playing-the-victim/
>>
>>75162971
they won't. they never do
>>
>>75162778
Sanders is just running out the clock hoping Clinton gets indicted.

Which is growing ever more likely, after the report from the State Department Inquisitor.
>>
Will Trump spend the whole debate trying to get Sanders to run as an independent?
>>
>>75163459
i hope so but im not remotely confident this will happen. the clintons almost always slip out of trouble
>>
>>75161744
>implying the Donald would waste his time with an irrelevant loser
>>
>>75161744
>for carity.
>>
>>75162557
>The risk to Trump is that Sanders wins the debate
This isn't a risk at all. Imagine how that plays out:

>sanders wins debate
>sanders supporters start frothing at the mouth about how they told everybody he could beat trump
>mathematically eliminated sanders still doesn't win nomination but it's even closer than it would have been before
>democratic party implodes
>Clinton loses a massive number of voters
>Trump collects a few of those voters

Losing the debate gracefully is probably the most ideal timeline for Trump to be honest with you my family.
>>
>>75162971
>trumps a fuckin genius
i wouldnt go that far
>>
>>75163784
idiot savant at manipulating popular opinion and people's expectations

I wouldn't expect much in the way of a vigorous economic or foreign policy though.
>>
>>75163765

Sanders simply lost at the beginning because the DNC doesn't want him at all. They'd rather lose to Trump than have Sanders.
>>
>>75163974
And that's the exact angle trump was talking up in his kimmel interview before the debate talk.

It's a massive wedge waiting to be pushed and he clearly knows it. Anything he can do to help highlight it is purely to his benefit.
>>
>>75163974
Makes this debate even more useful for trump and damaging to the DNC
>>
>>75162520
Your boy Trump already admitted it was a joke. Put it back in your pants
>>
>>75165908
>"""sources""" admitted to a twitter """reporter""" in a totally legitimate announcement that it wasn't going to happen and that trump is a big fat liar and weak and scared
Yeah, no.
>>
>>75163765
kys
>>
File: 1457442826531.png (1 MB, 911x517) Image search: [Google]
1457442826531.png
1 MB, 911x517
>>75162557
The debate is probably not going to happen. They have less than two weeks to work out the details.

Trump did write Art of the Deal though...
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.