[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sports = faggotry?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: 1464210690064[1].jpg (56 KB, 603x932) Image search: [Google]
1464210690064[1].jpg
56 KB, 603x932
Canadian philosopher Dr. Brian Pronger argues in his paper "Outta My Endzone: Sport and the Territorial Anus" that men who play sports are mostly doing it because they want to fuck other men, but are afraid to do so openly:

http://jss.sagepub.com/content/23/4/373.abstract
>>
>>75105663
Some quotes from Professor Pronger's paper:

>"The practice of competitive sport itself can have homoerotic dimensions: the contact of the playing field, the spectacle of the partially clad body, the steamy environment of the showers and locker room...

>I argued that men's sport allows men and boys to exclude women and girls from their all-male environments, permits them to play with each other's bodies, to surround themselves with naked men in the showers and locker cooms, to enjoy that all-male contact, without suffering the vilification that usually comes from the open acknowledgment and pursuit of masculine erotic contact, the stigma of "being homosexual."

>"In other words, the homophobia of competitive sport allows men to play with each other's bodies and still preserve their patriarchal heterosexist hegemony; they can have their (beef) cake and eat it, too."

>"I will argue that competitive sport... is embedded in the masculine colonizing will to conquer the space of an "other" while simultaneously protectively enclosing the space of the self... In sex, it shows in the desire to penetrate the holes of others and the desire to resist having the same happen to oneself."

>"It goes without saying that a limp, shriveled penis is not effective in simulating the domineering masculine organization of desire. Given that no penis can live up to its phallic boast, no matter how swollen it gets, phallocentrism finds other ways to territorialize the body: innocuously, possibly, in body building, and more despotically in the territorial violence of warfare and competitive sport, for instance."
>>
the man is clearly a homosexual.
>>
File: Body Fascism book cover.jpg (82 KB, 685x1027) Image search: [Google]
Body Fascism book cover.jpg
82 KB, 685x1027
>>75105705
>"Less boastful than the phallus, perhaps because of its embarrassing vulnerability or even more terrifying potential openness, is the phallus's companion, the protective side of phallic desire, the side than can repel or admit others into the space carved out by phallic aggression.

>The simulacrum of this other side of phallic desire, I suggest is the asshole. It is the tightly closed orifice of the phallic conqueror, as well as the (perhaps) reluctantly opened orifice of the phalically conquered. Masculine desire is thus produced in the play of the phallus and asshole.

>It stimulates desire as both homoerotic and homophobic: homoerotic in its preoccupation with phallic intent, homophobic in its resistance to penetration."

>"Since one's participation in competition indicates one's commitment to phallic potency and one's defeat shows one's anal vulnerability and therefore phallic impotence, there is humiliation in defeat, in being penetrated by one's competitor."

>"When, in the context of the philosophy of the limit, we consider the conventional pleasures of sport...we see the simulation of desire in the territorial project that transforms the puissance of the human connection into a pouvoir of dominance and submission. Competitive sport, therefore is a profoundly unethical way to organize desire."
>>
File: smallpepe.jpg (49 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
smallpepe.jpg
49 KB, 600x800
>Canadian Philosopher
>>
>>75105663
Sounds like Dr. Brian Pronger is still upset that he didn't get any PTP in highschool
>>
File: tony.gif (1 MB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
tony.gif
1 MB, 500x347
>>75105663
>>75105705
>>75105758
>Canadian philosophers
>>
>Canadian philosopher

Besides that, is he also aware sports have existed for thousands of years and ass-fucking wasn't a part of it, even though people probably could have since there weren't religious decrees against it?

If dudes wanted to bang butts, why would they invent tossing a ball around and not just bang butts? Foreplay?
>>
>>75106080
Because gay Canadian mental gymnastics.
>>
>>75106080
>implying there weren't gay undertones in ancient greek athletics

sometimes you just gotta mire a bro
>>
>>75105663
It seems like he's got several fantasies he's working out. He has a thing for athletes and this 'work' of his is more aspirational than analytical.
>>
>>75106080
Whitey didnt get cucked by the jews until recently
>>
>>75105663
>Canadian philosopher
Pfft, get the fuck outta here. Only hockey players and asians up here
>>
>Canadian Philosopher
Haha Stef
>>
File: greekpot.jpg (34 KB, 282x440) Image search: [Google]
greekpot.jpg
34 KB, 282x440
>>75106281
Greeks are pretty gay that is true.
>>
Sports are simulated war. It's a channelling of testosterone that keeps men from raping and pillaging out of boredom. Canadian philo is a cuck.
>>
>>75106552

Any guy can fuck a dainty little girl. But it takes a real man to make another dude your bitch.
>>
>>75106791
Did you learn that in philosophy class?
>>
File: 1275942454890.gif (2 MB, 267x207) Image search: [Google]
1275942454890.gif
2 MB, 267x207
>>75105663
canadian philosopher damn is that a real therm :)
>>
>>75105663
Sports aren't gay if you aren't gay. Wrestling looks incredibly homosexual, literally like two dudes fucking each other, but I have never become even sort of aroused during a wrestling/grappling match. Probably because I'm not a fucking homo.

Now, if you're a fag who plays sports, then rolling around with half-clothed jocks and then hanging out naked in the locker room afterwards probably feels pretty fucking gay. But it isn't sports that's gay; it's you.

I'm saying that "Dr. Pronger" (lulz) is a homo who's projecting his faggotry onto the entirety of the human race. Sorry Brian, not everyone is like you.
>>
>>75107947
I don't know, man. Dr. Pronger has apparently been writing about this stuff since the early 90's; he knows the field.
>>
Almost everyone I knew in sports did it to either
: aquire females
: fit into social cliques
: satisfy aggressive tendencies by participating in socially accepted violence
>>
I've never played sports in my life and I'm a huge faggot.
>>
>>75105663
>the territorial anus

Do these people really believe anything they write?

Academia is such a fucking joke.

This is like a parody of "academic analyses"
>>
>>75105663
How does auto-racing, horse-racing and a myriad of single athlete sports factor in? The asnwer is they don't becaue it's just plain stupid.

Why would sports be homoerotic but not say an office environment?
>>
Agreed. Sports players are all faggots
>>
>Dat abstract

Not surprised this is coming from U of T desu. After chinks, SJWs are our second biggest demographic.
>>
>>75105705
All that projection
>>
>>75107077
what the fuck is that gif
did her cunt rupture?
>>
>>75105663
Lol more gay revisionist history
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.