[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dawkins says it's ridiculous to be accused of racism when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 29
File: richard-dawkins.jpg (142 KB, 1368x1026) Image search: [Google]
richard-dawkins.jpg
142 KB, 1368x1026
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/richard-dawkins-atheist-academic-calls-for-religion-to-be-offended-at-every-opportunity-a7043226.html

based Dawkins does it again

why is he the only one brave enough to roast Islam?
>>
>>74955754
>le atheists don't criticize Islam meme

When will this die
>>
>>74955948
There's somewhat of a cultural schism with atheism as a movement itself. Dawkins is of the older breed, the new leftist nu-males are the other and they drank the kool-aid.

You don't see many younger atheists talking shit about Islam, just the older guys like Dawkins and Thunderf00t. Places like rationalwiki are basically just thralls for feminists and SJW for example. It wasn't always like this though. I remember the early 2000s we shit on Christian fundies and other religiously motivated idiocy all the time. It's very much a newer thing where progressives and atheism intersect.

Atheism is pretty interesting in that it's empty in and of itself, but it opens many doors. Unfortunately a lot of new atheists are choosing really shitty doors as shitty as they claim the religions they leave are in the first place.
>>
>>74955948
When atheists start criticizing Islam.
>>
>>74955754
you know what I find ridiculous? fedora-ism.
why hasn't this idiot hanged himself yet?
>>
>>74956577
Hello Ahmed, enjoying your free shit?
>>
File: 1445787966770.jpg (152 KB, 640x896) Image search: [Google]
1445787966770.jpg
152 KB, 640x896
Semi related pic. What a world when random retards can take up people's time with shitposts
>>
>>74956659
>implying I care about Islam
>>
File: it is i.jpg (15 KB, 480x448) Image search: [Google]
it is i.jpg
15 KB, 480x448
>>74956480
It's because atheism became part of the marxist shitfest and most people put it on because religion isn't progressive and doesn't fit their deranged leftist narrative. True atheists don't give a shit about religion as long as it stays a religion and doesn't turn into a destructive movement endangering the well-being of civilization.
>>
>>74955754
Why aren't there any christians criticizing islam? Why do we have to rely on Based Pope of Atheism Dawkins?
>>
>>74956755
kek
>>
>>74957177
Atheism became part of Marxism because Jews hate Christianity and want it gone.
>>
File: 38039768.jpg (52 KB, 297x365) Image search: [Google]
38039768.jpg
52 KB, 297x365
>>74955754
SHUT HIM DOWN
>>
>>74955754
Man I feel bad for Dawkins.

>want a rational society
>help defeat Christianity
>people turn retarded and start importing a bunch of Muslims who are 100x worse
>>
>>74956535
He biggest criticsof Islam, both in the west and in islamic countries, tend tl be atheists.

Get fucked.
>>
>>74956755
bwahahahaha
>>
>>74958812
Yea, it's really embarrasing when you compare the atheist pope to the christian pope. The atheist pope has more loyalty to the west than the christian one.
>>
>>74958812
Fuck writing on a phone.
>>
>>74960280

*kisses foot*
>>
The story of Richard Dawkins -

>Christianity is ridiculous, it makes no sense and throughout history has oppressed people
>"haha yeah you're right, omg!"
>here, read some books I wrote on the subject, i'll enlighten you all
>"thanks Dawkins, you're the best, I don't have this god delusion, fuck religion and fuck christianity!!!"
>You're all welcome. You know what else is bad like Christianity? Islam! Especially because it's current day form is a lot more violent and oppressive than Christianity.
>"BOOOOO RACIST HOMOPHOBE PRIVILEGE I'M GOING TO BURN MY BOOKS OF YOURS REEEEEEEE"
>>
File: based dawkins.jpg (55 KB, 599x382) Image search: [Google]
based dawkins.jpg
55 KB, 599x382
>>
>>74956480

Anon, didn't you know you can't be an atheist unless you're a feminist and LGBT ally?
>>
>>74960433
LOL christians are such cucks. I can't believe they would do that.
>>
>>74955754
*tips fedora*
>>
>>74956480
Atheism isn't a movement it only describes an individual's answer to one specific metaphysical question.
>>
>>74960523

He pledged himself to the scorn, disregard, and defeat of the one religion that historically has proven a cultural bulwark against Islam.

Now Islam is simply outbreeding and outgunning Dawkins' vision of an atheist utopia and it's too late for him or anyone to stop it.

I hope that thought haunts Dawkins to his last day on earth and follows him into the dark. Or the fires of hell. Take your pick.
>>
>>74956535
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSwJuOPG4FI
Lawrence krauss debating against islam in pakistan, balls of steel this guy

Hitchens did a bunch of stuff too
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hitchens+islam
In particular
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxP_4O7MBTg
>>
If the person thinks there is no current proof of God's or whatever existence, why would this person be ateist and not agnostic?I never got it.Cus it sounds more edgy?
>>
>>74960965
It's also a movement
>>
>>74961145
>If the person thinks there is no current proof of God's or whatever existence, why would this person be ateist and not agnostic?I never got it.Cus it sounds more edgy?

He would be an agnostic atheist.

Agnostic addresses the degree of certainty, atheist addresses belief
>>
>>74956755
I lol'd
>>
>>74960987

My feelings exactly.
>>
>>74955754
criticizing Islam in the UK publicly, even with valid evidence, will lead to almost any professional losing their job. Blacklisted from the media etc

Only independents can get away with it.

Welcome to Orwell's hell.
>>
>>74957688
What did you expect, take away decency and you're left with the modern retards. He got only himself to blame
>>
>>74960987
If this quote is for real, that will probably happen
>>74960649
>>
>>74961154
What are the aims of this movement? To proselytize atheism as the one true religion?
>>
>>74961787
>What are the aims of this movement? To proselytize atheism as the one true religion?

It was a political movement to keep creationists out of schools and minimize religious influence over our secular government in America.
>>
>>74960987
Actually, he's gone HARD against all 3 major semitic religions. Since always.

Example (from 2006):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nAos1M-_Ts

I still dislike him though. He can't apply the very evolutionary descriptions he came up with himself to religion. Religion, paraphrasing Jung, is an evolutive defense mechanism against schizophrenia. It was easier for our ancestors to survive when they believed in gods and shit, because if they tried to explain what was back then unexplainable, they went full cuckoo (though not as cuck as jewt), and it was harder for them to reproduce. In other words, a vast majority of our genetics is made of ancestors who had religion, and thus religion is imbued in our psyche.

This enters perfectly into Dawkins' The Selfish Gene and Nice Guys Finish First, but he will never accept it - hell, he'll never even consider it.

But other than the fact that he's too confrontational against a clear defense mechanism, he's overall right.
>>
>>74961145
Because approximation. 99.9999999% is pretty much scientifically 100%.

He's been asked that same question time and time again in talks and interviews and shit, and his replies usually come to Russell's Teapot.
>>
File: 1445079537508.gif (3 MB, 387x432) Image search: [Google]
1445079537508.gif
3 MB, 387x432
>>74961119
>Lawrence krauss debating against islam in pakistan, balls of steel this guy

Kek, that's actually UCL in London. Easy mistake to make.
>>
>>74960987
He says the best use of Christianity is a defence against islam.
>>
>>74956535
>atheism is one person
>>
>>74961787
>atheism
>religion
Pick one
>>
>>74955754
This is the same guy who btfo'd Lewonting and other race deniers and hates radfems.

He may be somewhat of a liberal cuck but he's the best of the bunch. Anyone who's almost gets excommunicated from his own movement for shitlordery is ok in my book. He should really take a closer look at some of his (((opponents))) though.
>>
>>74961154
It's not. At least not in itself.

There is a movement built around atheism. Sure. But atheism is just the belief that there's no god or life after death or shit like that. That there's no metaphysics. Period.

The "atheist movement" is not atheism. It's fedoraism. No better than Jehova's Witnesses.
>>
>>74962433
Lewontin
>>
>>74958812
The only reason why it seems like it is because Christians get called a religous bigots if they speak out againsy other religions.

The "my imaginary friend is better than your imaginary friend" meme
>>
>>74962487
>It's not. At least not in itself.

You're just trying to control the language. If you look at how the word is used, atheist is used to refer to people who are part of the atheist movement.

That's why all these christian faggots say atheists are fedoras. They're talking about the atheist movement.

They don't recognize the other usage as much.
>>
File: 1458613347499.jpg (44 KB, 300x295) Image search: [Google]
1458613347499.jpg
44 KB, 300x295
>>74956577
>>
>>74962751
The fact that you're used to misusing a term doesn't make your concept the right use for said term.
>>
>>74956535
> When atheists start criticizing Islam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQiEO58RZZ4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCHHfBeu0QE

> atheists start criticizing Islam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46nh8_BK7ok

> start criticizing Islam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JrYCHC0bkE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNndF8RP7Lw

> criticizing Islam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyNv8kvd2H8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU9hQ-wxvcY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzoZuHtJ0EI
>>
>>74962907
>The fact that you're used to misusing a term doesn't make your concept the right use for said term.

It's not about ME. It's neither about YOU and what you think.

It's about the common meaning of the word.
>>
File: žreli.jpg (77 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
žreli.jpg
77 KB, 850x400
>>74961971
This, blue peru is based.
>>
File: fedora.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
fedora.gif
2 MB, 320x240
It's funny because he had a huge hand in creating a fanatical leftist atheist army bent on destroying christianity while (as leftists) simulataneously supporting mass immigration of Islam
>>
>>74962266

its only that high in the brain of a fedora; there is no way to know every thing about life, the earth and the universe.

There are potentially millions of variables that affect the weather, have you heard any one seroiusly say they know 99.999999% certainty about weather?

if we aren't even sure about what we experience every day, we can't possibly speculate on what isn't seen with any real certainty.
>>
>>74962487
It's impossible to escape religion. The brain is wired to follow some kind of tribal belief system that provides answers to everyday problems, cosmic questions, and defines right and wrong.

Atheists, regardless of what they say, follow the Progressive Peligion which evolved out of enlightenment ideas sprinkled with some cucky Christian morality and finally topped off and twisted with Jewish thinking.
>>
>>74963125
That's amazing. I've never been sure how I feel about this guy.
>>
>>74955754
>why is he the only one brave enough to roast Islam?
He's an autist. As a Catholic I respect him and pray for him. He's a guy that is free and tries to achieve truth to his better understanding. So he tries to understand Islam and says what he sees.
>>
>>74963039
>It's not about ME. It's neither about YOU and what you think.
That's not what I meant.

OK. Let me rephrase it.

The fact that someone is, or even if lots of people are, used to misusing a term, doesn't make their concept the right use for said term.

"Atheism", again, is simply the belief that there's no metaphisics. What you're describing is not "atheism". It's "the atheist movement".

That's also the reason why "radical islam" can't be separated from simply "islam", because islam, amongst other things, is the belief that apostates should be stoned to death, that the full world should fall under Sharia law, and that if anyone refuses to convert, they should be taxed and heavily regulated by sharia law.

This is a fantastic torrent about Islam, by the way:
https://kat.cr/the-qur-an-oxford-world-s-classics-and-assorted-helpful-books-t12596978.html

It's not about "radical islam". It's about "islam", period. And it's quite clear what islam is about in those books.

>>74963125
Zizek would be great if he wasn't such a filthy commie.
>>
File: žmultikulti.jpg (829 KB, 765x1138) Image search: [Google]
žmultikulti.jpg
829 KB, 765x1138
>>74963423
He's probably the last traditional communist you will see. The only problem is the communist part.
>>
>>74963286
Again, Rusell's Teapot. That's the name of the concept.

Read on it.

>>74963293
True. As I stated here, paraphrasing Jung >>74961971

That still doesn't mean atheism, by itself, is a movement. Because it's not. And once a movement is built around it, it turns toxic as fuck. It turns into fedoraism, which looks to simple atheists like Jehova's Witnesses looks to simple christians.
>>
>>74955948
atheists don't criticeze jew, can't question the holocaust
>>
>>74955754
He is reaping the seeds he sowed decades ago by persistently trying to bash Christianity out of western culture, now Islam is moving in to fill the void and his legions of liberal self-hating atheists have turned against him.
>>
>>74960649
>>74962327

It's a stance he only embraces in the winter of his life, now that he's gotten a good hard look at the horizon and realizes what the implications of a future with Christianity in disrepute actually are.

Hitchens said (in a 2008 book review, of all things) that liberals would never be able to talk rationally about Islam because

1) They think Islam = poor brown people, meaning Islamophobia = racism.

2) They can't compete numerically with Muslims, who just keep breeding and making huge families while liberals, for obvious reasons, don't.

But he and Dawkins couldn't put aside their butthurt and their burning need for people to think they're the smartest men in the room, so most of their lives were spent going after Christianity because the easiest religion to mock is the one that doesn't blow you up for doing it.

Well, they got what they wanted. Nobody in the West takes Christianity seriously anymore.

But everyone takes Islam seriously. Oh, they take it very seriously. And no amount of Dawkins, Hitchens, Dennett, Harris, Hirsi Ali, or any of their brood is going to change that.

Dawkins knows that. Too late and to his eternal shame does he understand the Christian faith he so despised was the only safeguard for the progress and civilization he was trying to protect. And now that the idea of a global caliphate has real purchase on his imagination, he's trying to swallow his pride and speak up for those poor Christians he picked on.

Too little, too late.

Fuck him.
>>
>>74957688
Even he's starting to realise that he set his sights in the wrong direction.
http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/01/12/professional-atheist-dawkins-says-christianity-bulwark-against-something-worse/
>>
File: pepe.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>74960433
>hurr atheists are cucks
>>
File: Consipracy_fag.jpg (70 KB, 660x350) Image search: [Google]
Consipracy_fag.jpg
70 KB, 660x350
>>74964313
Anon, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
>>
>Spend your life critisicing Christianism.
>Christianism is destroyed.
>Now, woah, what a surprise, Islam is taking Europe!!
>Richard JUSTkins.jpg.
>>
>>74965501
Are you guys really going to give richard dawkins credit for the downfall of western civilization?

Is he really that powerful in your eyes?
>>
>>74965613

He and another three cucks founded the gay cult known as New Atheism, influencing millions of naive children worldwide

What do you think?
>>
>>74965769
There's nothing new about their arguments, so I fail to see why you homo's continue to call it new atheism. They just pointed out the elephant in the room that people seem to ignore, and it went mainstream in the mid 2000's.
>>
>>74965613
Is one of the responsibles intellectuals that brough our civilization to this point. Brats, ignorants, and arrogant (and probably also autistic) people who never realize that if you destroy the religion of an ignorant group of people they won't turn atheist and they will embrace another religion.

It's like that Halloween episode in the Simpsons when Lisa makes the town get rid of their guns and they are inmediately invaded by zombies.
>>
>>74956755
>not touching a poo for 20$
what a cuck
>>
>>74955948
When it is no longer true.
>>
>>74965932

Cause that's what it's called you dipshit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Atheism#The_.22Four_Horsemen.22
>>
File: 6C7080581-130424-ned-stark.jpg (248 KB, 1000x793) Image search: [Google]
6C7080581-130424-ned-stark.jpg
248 KB, 1000x793
>>74965480
>muh Sandler meme

Thanks for the chuckle.
>>
>>74957260
Pope is kissing the qur'an and hugging Imams to make a "happier world". He's too busy.
>>
It's because this shit religion belongs to a group of people who didn't inherit the blessed covenant with God. So if you criticize it for being shit, it's obviously a mark against those people, ergo 'racist'.

Also no one cares what atheists think, because they will perish without accepting God.
>>
>>74965613
Darwin, yes. Dawkins is a joke. His arguments in the God Delusion aren't worth people posting here.

>OH YEAH? WELL, IF GOD MADE THE UNIVERSE, WHO MADE GOD? CHECKMATE, THEISTS!

Is literally his argument.
>>
>>74966115
>>74966208
fucking idiots

>Glenn Greenwald,[66][67] Toronto-based journalist and Mideast commentator Murtaza Hussain,[66][67] Salon columnist Nathan Lean,[67] scholars Wade Jacoby and Hakan Yavuz,[68] and historian of religion William Emilsen[69] have accused the New Atheist movement of Islamophobia. Wade Jacoby and Hakan Yavuz assert that "a group of 'new atheists' such as Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, and Christopher Hitchens" have "invoked Samuel Huntington's 'clash of civilizations' theory to explain the current political contestation" and that this forms part of a trend toward "Islamophobia [...] in the study of Muslim societies".[68] William W. Emilson argues that "the 'new' in the new atheists' writings is not their aggressiveness, nor their extraordinary popularity, nor even their scientific approach to religion, rather it is their attack not only on militant Islamism but also on Islam itself under the cloak of its general critique of religion".[69] Murtaza Hussain has alleged that leading figures in the New Atheist movement "have stepped in to give a veneer of scientific respectability to today's politically useful bigotry".[66][70]

SJWs and progressives both think "new atheism" is "Islamophobic" for the same retarded reasons.

Congratulations, /pol/, you have allied yourselves with feminists and Jews.
>>
>>74966323
who made god?

He was always there?

Why couldn't the universe just exist, then?
>>
>>74966799

Fuck off with your anti-Christian relativist bullshit m8

The only real shield from the jew is He Whom they have slain in cold blood
>>
>>74955754
>Fucking asshole responsible for the deviation of cultural values that lead to the situation of europe being overrun by the muslim hordes complains about the depth of the grave he dug.

Fuck him and every one like him. Hope he ends up enriched.
>>
>>74962266
I agree with blue Nigeria
>>
>>74955754
We may like this guy on /pol/ and he may be the fedora god, but none of what he says matters because he's fucking a white male even as we speak, and you know how folks react to that these days.
>>
Smart atheists inevitably focus most of their criticism on Islam.
Sure you might start out lashing out at Christians for not baking gay wedding cakes or Creationists for coming up with batshit theories on why Earth is only 6,000 years old. Then you realize it's a dead horse, and those people don't hold any real power or authority to impose their views, and don't pose any real threat to civilization.
So you look at who the real enemy is and it's hard not to conclude that it's Islam. Sure, since we're on /pol/ I guess we can say the Jews, but just about every atheist criticism of Christianity already applies to Judaism, so it's technically a dead horse and zionist conspiracy theories aren't exclusive to atheism. Islam on the other hand, is a terribly flawed and brutal doctrine with a dangerous, violent following, neither of which deserve any place in the modern world.
>>
>>74966839
Absolutely inane.
>>
>>74966799
You have, actually, by using the term "islamophoboa".

Phobias are irrational fears.
>>
>>74967727
Now you're just the autistic guy.
>>
>>74961154
Oh here we fucking go

Atheism became a religion

Team A: We are true atheists
Team B: No, we are the true atheists
>>
>>74968145
What about those who don't congregate nor, much worse, proselytize?

And again, there's "atheism" and then there's "atheist movements". Two completely different things.
>>
>>74963797
>can't question the holocaust

so being an atheist also means i have to be a conspiracist?
>>
File: jkmn.png (210 KB, 600x390) Image search: [Google]
jkmn.png
210 KB, 600x390
>>74962326

>London and Pakistan have become indistinguishable

Oh God, oh dear fucking God.
>>
>>74955754

I watched Root of All Evil? yesterday.

He includes judaism and islam yeah but the 75% of the show is shitting on christians.

Funny how the american evangelist brought up the islamization of europe for a moment. Hope this twat remembers how retard he was 10 years ago shitting all over christians when he should have focused in subhuman muslims.

He learned in the hard way.
>>
You guys don't really think that muslims were waiting all this time for Christianism to become less hip to start immigrating en masse, right?

If they're all coming now is because our leaders are cucks, not because this guy made a few documentaries shitting on Christianity a decade ago.
>>
>>74963293
So you're saying all atheist are believers in denial since you claim the brain is hardwired to believe in god. Isnt that some twisted way of claiming the high ground. Where i'm from, the contrary would be expected. That believers are atheist in denial simply hoping for the world to be more than it is.
>>
>>74970365
Not him, but as you might be able to see, we share that opinion.

No, that's not what that means. It means that your brain is hardwired to believe and worship in - something -. So it's not that we believe in god in secret, or that we're in denial. In my case, for example, if I could be a christian, I'd be one. It's much easier. But I can't, because religion, metaphisics and shit simply has no logic, and I studied logic in college and apply it every day at work.

So we atheists are missing something. We have a hole in our psyche. The whole where our religious beliefs are. And we unconsciously fill it with other kinds of zealotism. Then come the atheistic kike communists that ruined Europe in the late 1800s and early 1900s, and the fedoras of today, who act like the worst fundies ever while still not believing in God.

In my case, I'm a hardcore weeaboo. I filled my time with chinese cartoons when I lost my religion while growing up, and little by little started worshiping them more and more. First it was only the cartoons themselves, then the VAs, then the studios and directors, then the animators... and for the past half a decade I've been heavily into japanese idols (mainly the 48 group, but the first group I followed hard was Momoiro Clover, before Akari quit and they went major) too.

The difference is, I know I'm being scammed by the japanese otaku industry, whereas fedoras and religious people, and even worse, the fucking mystics, don't know.
>>
>>74970981
Prove that with more than anecdotes and meaningless conjecture. What is your evidence?
>>
>>74970981
Are you unironically saying that otakus are the same as Christians?
For real?
>>
>>74956755
>tfw you touch poop every single day
>>
>>74971059
Jung's Psychology and Religion, inadvertently complimented by Dawkins' Nice Guys Finish First.

>>74971138
No. I'm saying that, in my own particular case, my ritual is not going to mass, but singing and dancing the extended wotagei when I listen to 47の素敵な街へ. Just like other atheists' rituals involve worshiping Dawkins or Marx or Nietzsche (while not having read Nietzsche) or whatever.
>>
The comment OP quotes is good but holy shit, man:

>Richard Dawkins: Atheist academic calls for religion 'to be offended at every opportunity'

Way to promote open discussion. Telling people to attack religion totally won't make the religious characterize the anti-theists as vitriol.
>>
>>74971322
>Just like other atheists' rituals involve worshiping Dawkins or Marx or Nietzsche (while not having read Nietzsche) or whatever.
You can't call reading the works of a philosopher a "ritual".
A ritual is something essentially illogical, admiring an author whose philosophy you agree with has nothing illogic.
Saying that every atheist has to follow them as a means to fill the void religion is supposed to fill is an overgeneralization.
>>
>>74971726
*heim
>>
>>74971940
>You can't call reading the works of a philosopher a "ritual".
I'm not. Notice the
>or Nietzsche (while not having read Nietzsche)

There's reading their works, which I have, and then there's worshiping them and proselytizing and hanging out with other people that also worship them and proselytize their books, which is what the fedoras do. Which is what I do with japanese idols, and used to do with anime (though I still watch around 30 shows every season).

A ritual isn't essentially illogic. To quote the fucking dictionary, a ritual is
>an established or prescribed procedure for a religious or other rite.
while a rite is
>a formal or ceremonial act or procedure prescribed or customary in religious or other solemn use

It doesn't have to be illogical to be a ritual. It only has to be structured. Psychology also uses the word "ritual" a lot to define shit you tend to do all the time (ie if you have the discipline to do your bed every day, doing your bed is one of your rituals).

And
>Saying that every atheist has to follow them as a means to fill the void religion is supposed to fill is an overgeneralization.
It's the whole points of Jung's books on religion - and he did several conclusive studies detailed in them.
>>
>>74970365
I never said anything about god specifically. Animistic religions are dominant in hunter gatherer communities and may or may not have gods. You should read my and Guatemala's posts more carefully.

Individual reason is overrated. There is no way that one person can figure out everything in the universe or even a small fraction of that knowledge by themselves. We're programmed to followed a tribal belief system and collection of knowledge that gets passed down through the generations, some of which is actually bullshit for reasons that were already explained in >>74961971

It doesn't all have to be true as long as it produces adaptive behavior. Even nowadays we still do this when we entrust our lives to experts that are products of the division of labor (which is more importantly also a division of knowledge). Many of these ideas are ideological bullshit too such as the mainstream progressive narrative, but people believe it anyway for much the same reasons that our ancestors did.
>>
>>74961869
That's anti-theism, not atheism.

If you describe atheism as anti-theism, then you need to invent a new word for what atheism is supposed to be. Don't be illogical.
>>
>>74972422
No, you're saying that some atheists worship them as a ritual.
The point is that reading their books and agreeing with them comes out of a rational thought, it's not about faithful adherence to their dogmatic doctrines like in a religion, because even if they're fallacious or even false, they provide reasonings and explanations, they provide ways for you to believe in them withouth having to do it blindly.
That's why you can't compare religious rituals that in the end, stem from a blind and faithful adherence to mythos without basis to admiring and worshipping an author.

Also don't quote the dictionary, since according to it you're misusing the word even more, since "worshipping someone" (whatever you mean with "worshipping") is not a prescribed and/or established procedure.

>It's the whole points of Jung's books on religion - and he did several conclusive studies detailed in them.
I haven't read Jung, i'm not even that much interested in debates about religions in the first place, but unless he logically and empirically proved that atheism comes from a substitution of blind faith (which is impossible), the most you can prove with studies is that a majority of self-proclaimed atheists do.
>>
>>74961119
> Lawrence Kuck
> Balls of steel

Surely you jest anon. A pop-sci tier physicist who gets ripped apart by his colleagues and pedals trash tier philosophy has balls because he shitskin on Islam safe in his Bible Belt fortress of Lawrence, Kansas? Heh. Try again.
>>
File: 1462316251226.png (32 KB, 271x243) Image search: [Google]
1462316251226.png
32 KB, 271x243
>>74960987

He wanted Christian fundamentalists like myself and others booted out of academia and the government. In fact, this was his life's campaign, goal, mission, and work throughout his many years of work.

Well, he got his wish. We are gone and are scorned in every corner of society in not only the West, but the world over.

I hope he enjoys the result of the power vacuum being filled with self-hating upper middle-class whites who suffer from xenophilia.

>He would be an agnostic atheist.

Easy there, snowflake. An agnostic is not an atheist, and an atheist is not an agnostic. Stop making up bullshit "snowflakisms."

You sound like some asshole trying to define the "differences" between sex and gender.
>>
>>74973658
In the video he was in the Islamic citadel of Londonistan
>>
>>74955754
DELETE THIS
>>
>>74973803
It's weird being an atheist who is anti-Islam and anti-immigration. I have very little company with whom I can commiserate. Most of the xenophobes are religious and most of the irreligious are liberal cucks.
>>
>>74973986
Argument man?
>>
File: 640px-Aten.svg.png (43 KB, 640x272) Image search: [Google]
640px-Aten.svg.png
43 KB, 640x272
>>74973944
PRAISE ATEN
>>
>>74973341
You're completely misinterpreting what I'm saying. Again, I'm opposed to the idea (an absolutely retarded idea that completely disregards word roots) that "atheism" and "the atheist movement" are the same. They aren't.

I'm certainly not saying that
>that atheism comes from a substitution of blind faith

I'm not saying that. It's not true. You're retarded.

What I'm saying is that, just like religious people have rituals, atheists have rituals. That your brain has an evolutionary predisposition for religion, so when you lose religion, you're left with a hole you have to fill - and you fill it unconsciously.

What I'm saying is that just like I, an atheist, worship japanese idols and cartoons and stuff related to them, all atheists worship their own set of things, including those who worship Dawkins' every step (I've read Dawkins, and as I've said, although I agree 100% with his biology assertions, he's quite misguided when it comes to religion), Marx (who I've also read, and absolutely disagree with in other than the most basic of points) or Nietzsche (who I've also read, and most of them haven't. And I'm more into Schopenhauer, Nietzsche distorted a bunch of the great stuff Schopenhauer came with). Or, of course other things.

What I'm saying, paraphrasing Jung, is that your brain needs you to have rituals in order to maintain sanity. And yes, Jung did indeed logically and empirically prove what I'm explaining to you - but not what you believe I'm telling you. Just read his fucking books, I uploaded his full book collection to the /a/ goddess a week or so ago, go download it there. Or I can upload it to MEGA for you.

Anyway, the whole point is that, while atheism by itself is simply the absolute disbelief of metaphysics, the people in the atheist movement behave the way they do to fulfill the religious needs that have been extirpated from their psyche by lose of religion.
>>
File: 1462158501590.gif (2 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1462158501590.gif
2 MB, 300x169
>>74973986
>I have very little company with whom I can commiserate.

People like myself are forming strange alliances with former rivals and enemies at this point just to hold off this tide of SJW-ism out of mutual self-interest.

Hell, even the Amazing Atheist says he wants to work alongside religious Republicans if it preserves freedom.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFjndBbLDZc
>>
>>74974114
Molynucks is actually too anti-authoritarian for my tastes, I am more racialist/separatist and fascist.

We can only have less government if our population is super white and not dense
>>
File: pol-in-detroit.jpg (166 KB, 585x720) Image search: [Google]
pol-in-detroit.jpg
166 KB, 585x720
>>74955754
>>74955948
>>74956480

When I was a wee lad in university, I dabbled in atheism.

I criticized Christianity. I criticized Islam (it was culturally acceptable to do so at the time). I criticized Judiasm. That is where it got interesting. I quickly learned that while Christianity and Islam were acceptable targets, criticizing Judiasm would get me into LOTS of trouble.

I started doing research.

15 years later, I'm a pro-Christianity National Socialist.

Stupid jews.
>>
>>74974317
That's because, even if neither group recognizes it, they have their shared Whiteness, which gives them the values of respecting individual liberty and freedom. Something shitskins, jews, and women don't really understand.
>>
File: 35433.jpg (91 KB, 591x1024) Image search: [Google]
35433.jpg
91 KB, 591x1024
>>74955754
Dawkins supporters are as bad as Islamist who defend their pedophile prophet.
>>
>>74955948
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>74974569
He's right though, we have some bizarre dogma about child sexuality that should be looked into scientifically
>>
>>74974163
What did you do to your flag, Israel?
>>
>>74964313
He didn't knock Christianity because it was easy.
He knocked Christianity because he's an evolutionary biologist that was constantly getting shit from Christians.

For most of his life, Islam wasn't an issue.
>>
>>74967846

No, dipshit.

The post I was replying to said atheists don't criticize islam.

I pointed out they do criticize it, for valid reasons, and get called "Islamophobic."

/pol/'s majority opinion is that atheists are allied with SJWs and Marxists because they criticize Christianity's faults, as well.

What you don't realize is you're doing the exact same shit SJWs do when you attack atheists like this.

SJWS: "HURR this guy raped a girl. Therefore all men are rapists!!"
/pol/: "HURR Karl Marx was atheist. Therefore all atheists are Marxists!!"
>>
>>74974163
>atheists have rituals
And i'm saying that no, they don't need to.
>That your brain has an evolutionary predisposition for religion, so when you lose religion, you're left with a hole you have to fill - and you fill it unconsciously.
We don't understand how the brain works, not even now, much less on the last century when Jung lived.
Taking for granted the conclusions someone took about the human psyche when psychology is a field full of people contradicting themselves is risky at best.
>What I'm saying is that [...] all atheists worship their own set of things,
And I'm saying that no, they don't have to unless you're using a broad definition of "worship", reading and agreeing with the conclusions of someone is not worship, and it's not a ritual, and it's entirely different grom worshipping a methaphysical God.
Some people worship them vehemently the way Christians worship God, that is something I agree with, and I might agree with those people adopting an atheist point of view for the reasons you said, but being biologically conditioned to having rituals on the level of the dogmatic adherence of a religion I don't agree with.

>And yes, Jung did indeed logically and empirically prove
I can assure you with 100% certainty that no he didn't, foolproof demonstrations according the logical propositional logic are only applicable in strictly formal environments, not psychology. That's why I said it's impossible to prove, at least, until psychology stops being a pseudo-science and we understand everything about our consciousness and brain.

>while atheism by itself is simply the absolute disbelief of metaphysics
Atheism is the absolute disbelief in the existence of deities, not metaphysics.
>>
File: 1401555711455.jpg (552 KB, 714x2801) Image search: [Google]
1401555711455.jpg
552 KB, 714x2801
>>74974828
>implying
>>
File: 1463581300766.jpg (179 KB, 1143x860) Image search: [Google]
1463581300766.jpg
179 KB, 1143x860
>>74974655
>He's right though, we have some bizarre dogma about child sexuality that should be looked into scientifically

No.

That dogma is a societal defense mechanism against child raping kikes. Do not make the mistake that Dawkins made in attacking Christianity. Do not break down western society defense mechanisms.
>>
>>74974907
yep, the manufactured controversy of ID, used as a wedge issue to promote political Christianity, was the actual catalyst for the 'new atheist' movement.

Now hopefully the 'refugee' crisis will be a catalyst for a reaction against political Islam.

Of course that's a misnomer, all Islam is political. How many times will we have to learn this lesson?
>>
>>74966799
Glenn Greenwald, Murtaza Hussain and Nathan Lean are sly, lying, nasty fuckers/
>>
>>74975134
I used to like Greenwald, at least on civil liberties, until he went full regressive

can't trust the kikes
>>
>>74974114
No, molyneux is a fucking leaf
>>
>>74975097
It's feminist dogma you dumb shit. The only thing it's defending is the sexual market value of 40-year-old used-up cunts.
>>
File: 8zxrv0L-.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
8zxrv0L-.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>>74966799
>Murtaza Hussain

Has there ever been a more obvious child rapist?

I would never get tired of punching that sneaky fucking face.
>>
File: 1463786447709.png (4 KB, 368x376) Image search: [Google]
1463786447709.png
4 KB, 368x376
>>74975302
No, it is a defense mechanism against kikes who exploit our children.

Slow down and think about what you are trying to dismantle. Who stands to benefit the most from deconstructing social taboos against sexualizing children? The people who sexualize children the most, the filthy disgusting kikes.
>>
>>74975209
I liked him when I first heard of him. But he's always been a snake that uses sock puppet accounts and quote mines his enemies.

He's interested in the narrative he's pushing a lot more than the truth. That's not good for a journalist.
>>
>>74971253
xDDDDDDDDD
Fuck you currynigger I almost choked
>>
>>74975025
>And i'm saying that no, they don't need to.
And I'm telling you they do, and why.

>We don't understand how the brain works, not even now, much less on the last century when Jung lived.
>Taking for granted the conclusions someone took about the human psyche when psychology is a field full of people contradicting themselves is risky at best.
Right, so ignore one of the two stonepillars of psychology, and the father of the psychological study of religion, just because you don't like his particular conclusions on this subject.

>reading and agreeing with the conclusions of someone is not worship
I never said that. Stop misquoting me.

I read Dawkins and agree with most of what he says, but don't worship him. But there's many who do worship him. If you tell me he doesn't have a cult of fedoras who would cum from smelling his farts, you're deluded.

>I can assure you with 100% certainty that no he didn't
He says, after just confirming he's never read Jung.

No. He proved it. Several times. He ran studies where he proved the primordial need for religion. I offered you his books, but of course you didn't ask for them. You don't want to affront proof of what goes against your beliefs. Like a faggot.

(cont...)
>>
>>74975025
>>74976224
(cont...)
>it's impossible to prove, at least, until psychology stops being a pseudo-science and we understand everything about our consciousness and brain
You're like the retarded fundies going "the theory of evolution is just a theory". Yes, just like the theory of gravity is just a theory.

Same with Jung's theories on psychology and religion. He ran the studies he needed to prove his hypotheses, which returned favorable results with a minuscule margin of error, from which he reached the conclusions I'm explaining. Following that, others in his field checked his findings, and concluded there was nothing wrong with his method.

That is what we call "the scientific method". The only way to come as close to the truth as we can. And as any scientist will tell you, unless we're talking straight maths or logics, all scientific conclusions are conjecture from results of studies with minuscule margins of error, that prove a truth 'til the opposite is proven.

>Atheism is the absolute disbelief in the existence of deities, not metaphysics.
No. That's a brand of agnosticism.

Though you could say it comes from "a lack of deism", which yes, philologically that's what it means, when you say "I don't believe in god(s), but maybe there's other metaphysical shit around", that's called agnosticism. Not atheism.
>>
>>74955754
>>74955948
Ayaan Hirsi Ali.
>>
File: 1464111002861.png (269 KB, 450x488) Image search: [Google]
1464111002861.png
269 KB, 450x488
>>74955754

Reminder that that the tsundere bitching between Atheism and Christianity is a Jewish ruse to distract the goyim from being united against Marxist social justice.
>>
>>74955754
Christianity:
>Love thy neighbour
>We're all children of the Lord
>Do unto others as you would have them do unto you

Islam:
>Behead the infidels
>Submit to the will of Allah
>Commit enough random acts of violence and you will get many rewards in the afterlife

Religious fundamentalism is cancer, and Muslims are somthing like 85% fundamentalists
>>
>>74958812
>atheists
>speaking against Islam in Islamic countries

Pick one
>>
File: blogger-hacked-800x480.jpg (101 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
blogger-hacked-800x480.jpg
101 KB, 800x480
>>74977663
They speak out all the time. I'm always hearing about them on the news.
>>
>>74977663
Here's another atheist in a muslim majority country.
>>
File: I've made a huge mistake.png (707 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
I've made a huge mistake.png
707 KB, 1440x810
>>74955754

This old faggot spent the better part of his life attacking Christendom. His delusion of a golden era of fedoras was so close in his own mind, but he was too stupid to not have the foresight to realize that it was Christendom keeping Islam in check.

Now this cocksucker gets to spend the rest of what remains of his life, draining out all of his patience and resources, fighting against the golem he himself helped to build and nurture. Nothing could be sweeter a fate for him.
>>
>>74977606
>Religious fundamentalism is cancer

You just posted the exact opposite evidence to your conclusion.

Fundamentalist Islam is cancer.
>>
>>74978526
>>74978691
Topkek

I think everyone on reddit should visit these places
>>
>>74956480
I really fear the day the old guards die, already started with C. Hitchens. Who's going to take their places? Is anyone? Or is atheism just going to sink into the toxic sea of social justice?
>>
>>74955754

Why is he bothering with Islam when they're are still christians left?

He changing tactics ?
Weakened one, now going after the other....most efficient mutual destruction.
>>
>>74955754
he's right, but you're not.

as a fedora tipping person myself, i admire Dawkins. his criticism is always objective and rational, however some people (ex: stormtards) use islam as a scape goat.
a christian cannot objectively criticize Islam because they're virtually the same shit.
>>
>>74980382

> a christian cannot objectively criticize Islam because they're virtually the same shit.

See: >>74960649
Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.