[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Sony make such shit products? The A* are OK but every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: ujvvde.png (1 MB, 1589x1600) Image search: [Google]
ujvvde.png
1 MB, 1589x1600
Why does Sony make such shit products? The A* are OK but every other camera and lens they have released (don't even get me started on this whole Zeiss meme partnership) has been total dogshit. Meanwhile, you look at any Canon or Nikon equipment and it's consistently praised for being a fair value or high performing purchase.

Is Sony just under more criticism than others? I haven't seen a single scenario where a Nikon or Canon couldn't do the same for less money, if not even better.
>>
>>2825921
Mirrorless full frame?
compare canon's and Nikons's to the A7?

How about low light performance in a consumer camera?

How about high resolution in a consumer camera?

How about IBIS in a consumer camera?

Fuck man, I'm a fuji fag, but idiots gotta get got.
>>
>>2825922
>compare canon's and Nikons's to the A7?
If you want the completely out of date A7, sure, compare them.

Otherwise you're comparing everything to the A7Rii which is as much or more than Canon or Nikon equivalents.
>>
>>2825933
>battery life
>evf
>shit menus
>terrible ergonomics
>shit customer support
>absolute trash lens ecosystem
>low light af is trash
>not much smaller than an FF dslr

fuckin who cares about slightly better iso performance and megapickels when the camera itself is an absolute nightmare to use.
>>
>>2825933
The point was, the A7 is a better full frame mirrorless camera than any of Canon or Nikons offerings.
>>
>>2825921
>menus are a fucking nightmare
>useless gimmicks sprinkled everywhere that only get in the way
>their small primes are the size of SLR primes
>servo AF not up to snuff unless you're taking snapshits of flowers or arthritic old women pushing carts

Just waiting for the A7s sensor to make its way to a decent camera.
>>
>>2825942
>better full frame mirrorless camera than any of Canon or Nikons offerings
Yep, Canikons full frame mirrorless options are severely lacking, I'll agree with that point. The A7 series is still a pile of shit with a sensor in it
>>
>a7rii with a Metabones adaptor

no ragrets
>>
>>2825996
Also forgot to mention I never need burst. I'm completely aware that there are sports shooters out there, but for what I do this camera is perfect.
>>
>>2825998
What you do is snapshitting. You'd be equally well served with a Coolpix.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.